battle is on apokolips

who wins and why

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@oceanmaster21: Why the crap is Thanos in this? That's an odd team choice.

Nevertheless, Ocean Master goes down first, and I think Despero's mind powers let him take out Larfleeze and Steppenwolf. With that out of the way, Thanos, with average calcs putting him and average Darkseid around the same level, and Despero take out Darkseid.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tough one but I will go with Team Darkseid mainly because of Larfleeze.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not tough at all.....Larleeze solos, Darkseid dared not test the hand of the Guardians of the Universe...Larfleeze laughed at them as he no sold their efforts. Telepathy rarely works on Lanterns and for someone as powerful as Larfleeze it wont be an issue. No one here can match him in power either.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Not tough at all.....Larleeze solos, Darkseid dared not test the hand of the Guardians of the Universe...Larfleeze laughed at them as he no sold their efforts. Telepathy rarely works on Lanterns and for someone as powerful as Larfleeze it wont be an issue. No one here can match him in power either.

Telepathy actually works on Larfleeze, IIRC Black Lantern Martian Manhunter got into his mind

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Telepathy actually works on Larfleeze, IIRC Black Lantern Martian Manhunter got into his mind

I consider that a low showing where Larfleeze wasn't really the focus character considering that the First Lantern has struggled with his mind.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

I consider that a low showing where Larfleeze wasn't really the focus character considering that the First Lantern has struggled with his mind.

That's just because Larfleeze is too set in his ways, Despero wouldn't be trying to change his personality just use him against his own enemies, he can be as greedy as he wants but against his own team

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Perhaps your right although I'm not a big fan of using what happens to a character in the background as a solid showing. Magik was subdued along with the rest of the Uncanny team when she was a background character despite being outright immune and I've seen people who don't need to breath affected by gas.

He may have other moments, I've only read a few of the early new 52 GL.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@dondave: I just don't think Despero would be able to stop Larfleeze telepathically before he gets killed and inducted into the corps...not to mention if Despero goes first and becomes an orange construct what kind of crap would the other guys be in......

(I know Ocean Master would go down first but considering the fact that Larfleeze could attack them all at once without trouble, anything's possible)

I've seen Hal resist or completely no sell telepathic attacks just with his standard GL shields from the likes of Hector Hammond.....but in any case, Despero doesn't always go for telepathy at the start which might get him killed, which is why you see him brawling with Superman, Powergirl and Captain Marvel along with others who he could easily manipulate occasionally. If that's how he opens it up then he loses, if not he probably would be able to beat Larfleeze. But even if Larfleeze couldn't solo ... I have to say that both teams have that one useless member on it....Why are Steppenwolf and Orm here, that is the question.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: bc orm took out the justice league with his lighting so i thought he might have a shot or at least do some damage and stepphenwolf bc hes a pretty tough guy i mean hes darkseid general and hes had some decent showings so i thought he might be able to do something as well

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: bc orm took out the justice league with his lighting so i thought he might have a shot or at least do some damage and stepphenwolf bc hes a pretty tough guy i mean hes darkseid general and hes had some decent showings so i thought he might be able to do something as well

Took out the justice league? So the JL is composed of only 3 people now? One was a kryptonian who isn't particularly resistant to magic (although he did tank over ten thousand gigawats of electricity earlier), another was an amazon who's durability showings are non existent and the last was Batman, a human with an insulated suit....Aquaman was wet as a whistle and was tanking every shot of magical lightning from Orm....If you don't see PIS or anything else wrong with that then I guess Aquaman is more durable than Superman and Wonder Woman, or Batman is just as durable as Superman since they were all KO'd by the same lightning and Bruce wasn't disintegrated ... in any case, put Orm in a thread against any of these guys and see how well that goes, see how high he stacks compared to Darkseid, Larfleeze, Thanos and Despero...might have a shot...yeah, a one-shot into non existence.

And Darkseid's Uncle Steppenwolf had decent showings? What combat showings does he have as of late besides backstabbing E-2 Wonder Woman, killing fodder, nearly getting beaten by a young and inexperienced Alan Scott and getting murdered by Earth 2 Superman aka Brutaal? But wait he's Darkseid's General right? Guess who else is Darkseid's General...Kalibak. Nuff said . You say he's a general like it means he's on someone's level, that's like saying someone is a god or whatever but they are so pathetic that it doesn't even matter. Even pre 52 Steppy was a chump, oh he had some decent showings...yeah....well he's currently dead now so I guess that's all you're going to get out of him, lets see if that puts him on Darkseid level, or Thanos level, or Despero level or even Larfleeze level. I doubt he's even on Orm's level, he might be since he had a little fight Alan Scott which he was losing till Brutaal came to save the day...but that's it...

They are both useless and would get one shotted by anyone on either side here....research would do you some good

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Darkseid wins...Larfleeze is a big help