willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Team DC: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Green Arrow, Ozymandias, Nightwing

Team Marvel: Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Punisher, Winter Soldier

All DC characters pre-52. Standard gear for all, in character.

No prep, basic knowledge of opponents. Teams start 200m apart in the middle of a bombed-out city:

No Caption Provided

Edit: Ok, I swapped out Blue Beetle and put in Cassandra Cain.

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Marvel.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Strafe Prower

Blue Beetle is street level?

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I'm gonna go with Marvel.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

@Strafe Prower said:

Ted Kord Blue Beetle.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strafe Prower

@WillPayton: I haven't read any comics with Kord, so I don't know.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By agentxx

Winter Soldier solo's spite.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By willpayton

@Strafe Prower said:

@WillPayton: I haven't read any comics with Kord, so I don't know.

He was in the Justice League. He has genius-level intelligence (said to be at or greater than Batman). He's a scientist and engineer, he actually created a powered armor for Booster Gold that was pretty nice. Olympic-level acrobat and skilled martial artist. Has various gadgets including a hand-held weapon that shoots some kind of compressed air blasts (powerful enough to stop a charging rhino) and blinding flashes of light.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strafe Prower

@WillPayton: Thanks for the info!

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By blackadamFTW

@_slim_ said:

Team Marvel.
agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agentxx

@Gazenfortos said:

@agentxx said:

You're retarded

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By willpayton

@agentxx said:

???

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By agentxx

@WillPayton:Pretty sure he's more skilled than everyone here except batman, he could take on everybody except batman.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Haaydrian

@Strafe Prower said:

I know this has been answered, but... Kord is completely human. He's got an amazing ship and is a genius level intellect. However, his appearances in BoP left me yearning for more as he seemed out of shape after having reformed from the Hero game. So meh.

Batman's the best fighter on here, but Team Marvel has a higher level of ability all around so they end up taking this. I'm mostly dismissing Ozymandias, I saw the movie and have seen some scans, but apart from hitting someone with an object and dodging (was it parrying?) a bullet, I can't remember anything that'd give him an edge in a fistacuffs, so if anyone thinks he can change the tide of the battle -- so to speak, feel free to correct me.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By willpayton

@Haaydrian said:

I'm mostly dismissing Ozymandias, I saw the movie and have seen some scans, but apart from hitting someone with an object and dodging (was it parrying?) a bullet, I can't remember anything that'd give him an edge in a fistacuffs, so if anyone thinks he can change the tide of the battle -- so to speak, feel free to correct me.

He caught a bullet in his hand at point-blank range, and just generally had super-human reflexes, strength, and genius-level intelligence. I dont think you should dismiss him.

I'm surprised the DC team is being downplayed here. They easily have the intelligence advantage over team Marvel.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Haaydrian

@WillPayton said:

He caught a bullet in his hand at point-blank range, and just generally had super-human reflexes, strength, and genius-level intelligence. I dont think you should dismiss him.

When I say "dismiss", I'm not saying that he's incapable of anything, simply that he isn't up to par to change what the other 4 by themselves. Like you said, he caught a bullet in his hand point blank which is an impressive feat in terms of stats, but we need feat in terms of fighting ability before he can challenge the likes of Black Panther, Daredevil and Captain America -- to my knowledge he doesn't have any or at least any that put him on par. So while reflexes are nice, it doesn't do anything for team DC.

I'm surprised the DC team is being downplayed here. They easily have the intelligence advantage over team Marvel.

They do, but without prep I don't see them doing anything with it. They have basic knowledge, so Ozymandias making a strategy seems unlikely, especially with no extra time to think it through before having to engage the enemy team. Blue Beetle's scientific knowledge will be in vain and Batman, whilst being able to formulate tactics -- especially with his gadgets, can't do much more.

Thus, I don't think that DC can use their intelligence in any manner that would allow them to win the fight.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By thespideyguy

morals on or off  
morals on marvel 
morals off dc

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

@Haaydrian said:

@WillPayton said:

When I say "dismiss", I'm not saying that he's incapable of anything, simply that he isn't up to par to change what the other 4 by themselves. Like you said, he caught a bullet in his hand point blank which is an impressive feat in terms of stats, but we need feat in terms of fighting ability before he can challenge the likes of Black Panther, Daredevil and Captain America -- to my knowledge he doesn't have any or at least any that put him on par. So while reflexes are nice, it doesn't do anything for team DC.

They do, but without prep I don't see them doing anything with it. They have basic knowledge, so Ozymandias making a strategy seems unlikely, especially with no extra time to think it through before having to engage the enemy team. Blue Beetle's scientific knowledge will be in vain and Batman, whilst being able to formulate tactics -- especially with his gadgets, can't do much more.

Thus, I don't think that DC can use their intelligence in any manner that would allow them to win the fight.

I think a h2h fight between Ozy and Cap would be a close one. Remember, Ozy easily defeated Rorschach and Night Owl, both of whom could easily defeat multiple opponents on their own. And, by easily, I mean very easily.

It's true they dont have any pre-fight prep, but they also dont have to engage right away. Starting 200m apart in an urban environment means they have some flexibility and room to maneuver. I think with the strategic and tactical minds of Ozy and Batman, as well as some significant stealth skills, this makes them a serious threat.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Haaydrian

@WillPayton said:

/

I think a h2h fight between Ozy and Cap would be a close one. Remember, Ozy easily defeated Rorschach and Night Owl, both of whom could easily defeat multiple opponents on their own. And, by easily, I mean very easily.

It's true they dont have any pre-fight prep, but they also dont have to engage right away. Starting 200m apart in an urban environment means they have some flexibility and room to maneuver. I think with the strategic and tactical minds of Ozy and Batman, as well as some significant stealth skills, this makes them a serious threat.

Yeah, but Rorschach and Night Owl defeated fodder, nothing more. There's nothing to put them on the level of people here.

Yes they do, but not enough that would allow them to actually do anything that can change the wave of combat.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThexX

Team Marvel Wins.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By robertloucksjr

@agentxx said:

@WillPayton:Pretty sure he's more skilled than everyone here except batman, he could take on everybody except batman.

Then he also can't take Captain America/Daredevil/Black Panther.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By darktiger

@WillPayton said:

Team DC: Batman, Blue Beetle (Kord), Green Arrow, Ozymandias, Nightwing

Team Marvel: Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Punisher, Winter Soldier

All DC characters pre-52. Standard gear for all, in character.

No prep, basic knowledge of opponents. Teams start 200m apart in the middle of a bombed-out city:

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

Ted kord can't even fight that good,he is never described as great or excellent not even good just describes as a capable hand to hand combatant,you need some better combatant for dc I can help you set it up

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By willpayton

Ok, ok... to make it more fair I swapped out Blue Beetle and put in Cassandra Cain in his place.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sync1

I say Team DC stomps

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By greenteaforme

Black Panther's suit puts him over the level of the DC team in terms of physical ability. Captain America is also not fair in that you didn't give DC a comparable match.

As it stands, Marvel wins (finally), but only in a mismatched fight.

To make it a bit more fair, you'd have to strip all equipment and make it a H2H.

Punisher also neesd to have no access to guns.

This is heaaaaavily mismatched in Marvel's favor.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By willpayton

@greenteaforme said:

Black Panther's suit puts him over the level of the DC team in terms of physical ability. Captain America is also not fair in that you didn't give DC a comparable match.

To make it a bit more fair, you'd have to strip all equipment and make it a H2H.

The DC team has quite a bit of experience dealing with people with guns. Also, since they have basic knowledge of the opponents, they're not going to stand out in the open and get shot at.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By greenteaforme

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

The DC team has quite a bit of experience dealing with people with guns. Also, since they have basic knowledge of the opponents, they're not going to stand out in the open and get shot at.

Now address the other equipment issues.

Although, I disagree. It's not balanced.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Good fight but I'm goin with team marvel

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By willpayton

@greenteaforme said:

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

It's not meant to be a h2h fight, there's already too many h2h fights on here. Also, even team fights usually end up being 1-on-1 matchups, at least the way people usually view them on this forum. This is meant to be a true team fight, with each team having their own strengths and weaknesses. Team DC has more intelligence and stealth, and team Marvel has more firepower. In any case, the environment and starting distance means that just looking at one aspect is not a good way to view the fight.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By greenteaforme

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

It's not meant to be a h2h fight, there's already too many h2h fights on here. Also, even team fights usually end up being 1-on-1 matchups, at least the way people usually view them on this forum. This is meant to be a true team fight, with each team having their own strengths and weaknesses. Team DC has more intelligence and stealth, and team Marvel has more firepower. In any case, the environment and starting distance means that just looking at one aspect is not a good way to view the fight.

So the DC team starts out 200 meter away. The Marvel team starts out with two characters with munitions.

If anything, starting far away is an even bigger disadvantage to the DC team.

It's not balanced.

I understand your intentions, but the execution is flawed.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By willpayton

@greenteaforme said:

So the DC team starts out 200 meter away. The Marvel team starts out with two characters with munitions.

It's not balanced.

Yes, 200 meters away in an urban environment, with lots of rubble and buildings around. That means that they're not even starting in line-of-sight. That's why I put in that photo. In that environment you might not even see someone 100 meters way, much less 200. It'd definitely be unfair if I put them that far away in a flat open space, cause they'd get wasted.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By greenteaforme

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

It's not balanced.

Yes, 200 meters away in an urban environment, with lots of rubble and buildings around. That means that they're not even starting in line-of-sight. That's why I put in that photo. In that environment you might not even see someone 100 meters way, much less 200. It'd definitely be unfair if I put them that far away in a flat open space, cause they'd get wasted.

Pretty sure Winter Soldier is good with a sniper rifle, as is Punisher. Also, they have access to explosives, etc. Being under cover would probably just get them buried.

You need to give DC some sort of ranged character for it to be fair. One "good" one or two, to make it even.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

@greenteaforme said:

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

It's not balanced.

Pretty sure Winter Soldier is good with a sniper rifle, as is Punisher. Also, they have access to explosives, etc. Being under cover would probably just get them buried.

You need to give DC some sort of ranged character for it to be fair. One "good" one or two, to make it even.

We can agree to disagree. I dont want a battle with just a bunch of people with guns shooting at each other. I'm happy with the setup as is... both teams have different skills and strengths, and the environment allows them to try to leverage those. 200m is a very long distance, especially when you have mounds of rubble and buildings in the way. And, of course, team Marvel has 2 good snipers, but team DC has people who are expert at defeating even the best shooters.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By greenteaforme

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

It's not balanced.

We can agree to disagree. I dont want a battle with just a bunch of people with guns shooting at each other. I'm happy with the setup as is... both teams have different skills and strengths, and the environment allows them to try to leverage those. 200m is a very long distance, especially when you have mounds of rubble and buildings in the way. And, of course, team Marvel has 2 good snipers, but team DC has people who are expert at defeating even the best shooters.

Best shooters.

Like who?

Generic thugs with guns and minor villains with guns, with unquantified skill with said guns, are nothing to the Punisher or Winter Soldier.

It's not balanced.

Do what you want.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By willpayton

@greenteaforme said:

Best shooters.

Like who?

Generic thugs with guns and minor villains with guns, with unquantified skill with said guns, are nothing to the Punisher or Winter Soldier.

Like Deadshot? He's not exactly a "generic thug" with a gun.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By greenteaforme

@WillPayton said:

@greenteaforme said:

Best shooters.

Like who?

Like Deadshot? He's not exactly a "generic thug" with a gun.

You're telling me, say, Nightwing has started 200m away from Deadshot, with Deadshot aware of his presence and armed and gradually just walked towards him, hiding behind rubble, and Deadshot has just sat there, getting jumped on and lost?

I don't believe it.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By agentxx

@robertloucksjr said:

@agentxx said:

Then he also can't take Captain America/Daredevil/Black Panther.

Pretty sure he could solo team DC except batman that's what I meant.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alexander505

Team DC

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Haaydrian

@greenteaforme said:

You're telling me, say, Nightwing has started 200m away from Deadshot, with Deadshot aware of his presence and armed and gradually just walked towards him, hiding behind rubble, and Deadshot has just sat there, getting jumped on and lost?

I don't believe it.

Not to mention the fact that Deadshot has a major hard-on for Bats which means that he's constantly holding back against him.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Even with 200ms, Daredevil might be able to hear any plan they try and formulate.

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheGraySon

Marvel has enhanced members like Cap and BP plus they have guns. It just doesnt seem fair. I get they dodge bullets in their own comics, but thats usually street thugs. Nightwing got shot on like 3 separate occasions in his own series. None of them were skilled marksmen. Having both BP and Cap with range fire is just too much.. Either switch one of those two out or give DC someone with enhanced stats.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By YoungJustice

Team Marvel

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeanroygrant

@ThexXsaid:

Team Marvel Wins.

MrBelvidere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrBelvidere

I have to say team Marvel. Black Panther and DD both have uber senses and could probably detect anything too sneaky. Ozy would be relatively useless without prep time seeing as we dont know many of his skills outside of catching bullets. I see it as this, BP would single out Batman and beat him, DD and Cap would double team Cassandra, Punisher and winter would gun down ozy quickly, so theyd go on to distract nightwing until everyone else finishes. Then they'll beat the crap out of him.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CaptainDoeo

A nice suggestion, replace Black Panther with Night Thrasher. It'd make it much fairer, without removing Marvel team's possible victory.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Bump?

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By greenteaforme

Marvel Team has powers and enhanced stats +senses.

DC Team either needs the same types of members or Marvel needs a new lineup.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Postacrat

DC win's, Ozymandiaz is being underestimated due to a technicality he's only been in one series. Captain America and Black Panther aren't the only peak human's in this fight. I think it's a fair match up, with DC coming out on top.