Pakku

No Caption Provided

Katara

No Caption Provided

Kya

No Caption Provided

Korra

No Caption Provided

Round 1: They fight on June 21st at noon.

Round 2: They fight December 21st at midnight, Full Moon is up.

All contestants are in their prime. Fight is to incapacitation, teams start 100 metres apart, they fight at the Northern Water Tribe Royal Palace.

Bonus Round:

All team members (minus Unalaq)

VS

The Dark Avatar

No Caption Provided

Fight is to incapacitation, teams start 100 metres apart, they fight at the Sountern Water Tribe Royal Palace.

What happens here?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Amon solos. Tarrlok could potentially solo. As could Ming-Hua.

Unalaq could only be a problem if he goes straight for the soul-destroying spirit bending technique.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Amon solos with blood bending, then proceeds to remove all their bending.

No Caption Provided

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ming wouldn't solo and I'm doubting the bros could solo either Katara would be MVP though and the dark avatar would win they'd need the counterpart to win

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

I didn't have Katara and Korra there before, because I didn't see Amon simultaneously bloodbending 4 high level masters, but with his brother there, who has the same ability, I saw the one-sidedness in their perspective. Though I'm sure somewhere in Kya's tutelage Katara taught her blood-bending as well, plus round 2 has a full moon and Team 1 is still outnumbered.

Ming-Hua hasn't shown anything that makes me think she could solo, though it is impressive that she bends without arms, while most other waterbenders need arm motions to bend. Kya has gotten the better of Zaheer, so I believe she should have done better against Ming-Hua, especially since Mako was able to beat her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37: i was just saying at that point of time that u added the, that no one is soloing.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

I agree. But the brothers are good enough that they might've not even needed Ming-Hua.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9 Lunacyde  Moderator

Without the full moon no one here has any evidence to support that they could resist Noatak and Tarrlok.

With the full moon it's debatable but there still isn't enough evidence IMO.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By velle37

@lunacyde:

Loading Video...

At 3:20 Mako resists Amon and he's not even a waterbender, just strong willed. At 4:40 Korra resists bloodbending as well and overpowers Amon with airbending alone.

Loading Video...

At :15 Katara resists being bloodbent by master waterbender Hama. At 2:20 she bloodbends Hama who is not able to break free in the same way.

Amon would have trouble bloodbending multiple masters of this caliber. Due to Katara's emotional reaction to Hama forcing bloodbending upon her it's debatable the extent that she may have taught Kya. Though we have seen Katara vengeful, such as when she tracked down her mother's killer.

Tonraq has spiritual powers that critically factor into this battle, and Korra also has the Avatar state. I think it's feasible that multiple characters could resist Amon and Tarrlok.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37: Mako resisted because Amon wasn't focused on him

Katara only resisted because of the full moon. Amon and Tarrlok are strong enough to blood bend without a full moon.

Team Amon wins round 1. Team Tonraq could maybe win round 2, but only if they all figured out how to bloodbend

If it's the giant Dark Avatar he wins

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Team 1

Dark Avatar

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra solos.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The blood-bending duo take out the majority of team 2 by themselves. They then tag up on Katara, the only other person with feats to resist blood-bending.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe Korra is a punk in avatar-state IMO, she hasn't really done anything that impressive. As an avatar, when compared to all the others, she's pretty lack-luster. At most, it'd be Korra and Katara vs team 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe Korra is a punk in avatar-state IMO, she hasn't really done anything that impressive. As an avatar, when compared to all the others, she's pretty lack-luster. At most, it'd be Korra and Katara vs team 1.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartankobe

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: TBH I was simply annoyed by everyone saying that team 1 wins. That made me go lolwut?!

I think her AS is powerful enough to take on these three tbh. I know we've never seen her use it against the likes of these masters but when she does use it she either

1. Gets surprise attacked

2. or is fighting someone just or almost as powerful.

3. or has something hindering her.

I firmly believe her AS is powerful enough to beat these three by herself. Remember what she did to Vaatu and then Unalaq pre-Dark Avatar state? I think the writer's have her purposely getting the above three just so she doesn't take them out like nothing.

I don't see why she can't solo tbh.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um. You didn't take Korra's avatar state away. She can potentially solo team 1 as the avatar state makes her immune to bloodbending and gives her insane bending power.

The problem is putting anyone with psychic bloodbending in a fight. That power is just impossible to fight against unless you are a bloodbender of superior power. Shoot, Yakone took out Aang, Toph, and an entire room full of people with just his EYES. The ability can't be beaten in a fair fight.

As for your second match, I'm fairly sure no one could beat that form of the Dark Avatar short of Korra's giant blue spirit form. Or perhaps Aang's Koizilla.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Amon was standing right in front of him, staring at him, how was he not focused on him? Mako is a pretty talented bender, and somehow beat Ming-Hua, who took out several White Lotus masters upon her release from prison.

Also, Korra's waterbending was taken away at that point, and she still resisted.

Amon VS Tonraq and Korra, Tarrlok VS Unalaq and Pakku, Ming-Hua VS Katara and Kya

Do you think this is a fair setup?

Korra still has the avatar state, but Amon still is an incredible h2h fighter, and knows chi-blocking techniques as well, so AS is not an automatic win if Amon is faster on the draw.

Unalaq has spiritual powers, and despite that Tonraq took down Zaheer before he got his bending, and then Zaheer wasn't able to put down Tonraq in their rematch with his airbending until P'li intervened, he made his brother look like a novice in their fight:

Loading Video...

Pakku was the greatest Waterbender in the world during his time, I think they'd give a good fight.

The brother's don't usually go immediately for bloodbending anyway. And for all of the rarity that skill represents, other aspects of their bending aren't much more than other waterbending masters. Compare Tarrlok's skills to Unalaq's techniques:

Loading Video...

Fight starts at 1:00.

Kya probably hasn't necessarily been trained to be a warrior her whole life, and may be more of a healer, while it is amazing that Ming can bend with no arms, meaning her bending ability is very good. Kya had a pretty good showing against Zaheer and was the first to dominate him briefly:

Loading Video...

Ming-Hua, Ghazan, and P'li were able to overwhelm Kya and Bumi, but if Mako defeated Ming-Hua, then Kya and Katara should be able to take Ming-Hua with no sniper around to offset the fight.

I don't think it's as one-sided as other viners believe, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. Assessing the actual feats, skillsets, showings, and potential applications/interactions is how a "logical" conclusion can be made.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37: Amon was busy with Korra and the Lieutenant, giving Mako the opportunity to get his fingers into position to shoot lightning. Korra caught Amon off guard with her airbending

Mako also got beaten by Ming Hua a few episodes earlier. He won the second time because of lightning and because she was in direct contact with the water

Look at it this way: Aang, a fully realized Avatar, was helpless against Yakone without the Avatar State. Why would anyone else do better? I didn't think of Korra having the Avatar State, with that she could solo, but no one else is beating Amon and Tarrlok without incredible luck

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Amon was finished with the lieutenant and walked directly toward Mako standing inches in front of him. Amon was also staring right at Korra when she airbent at him, her catching him off-guard isn't the issue, she broke his grip on her body.

Mako beat Ming-Hua before she even got to the pool by evaporating her water arms with his fire. He shot lightning after she got to the pool to finish her, but she should have been able to avoid his attacks since she took on multiple White Lotus master firebenders when she broke out of prison.

Aang and Toph were helpless against Yakone, Tenzin and Lin were helpless against Tarlokk, you're asking me why would anyone else have luck against them when the story has actual characters resisting them point blank? Of course it's the plot construction factor for the heroes, because Korra couldn't beat Amon with the 3 elements she's actually been trained in, but beats Amon with the one she hasn't even learned? Mako is strong willed and got lucky. Bolin is strong willed and got lucky enough to bend earth into lava on his first try, and was somehow good enough to contend with Ghazan evenly until Mako arrived to make Ghazan desperate and suicidal.

There is a lot of luck when it comes to those on team avatar. Korra has actually resisted Amon before and has the avatar state, and given the display of skill seen by Tonraq and his Spiritual powers, I don't see it as very farfetched for him to resist. Of course this is debatable, I'm just stating my opinion. The full moon empowers all of them so resisting would still be a willpower factor. Katara has resisted Hama, I don't know if Kya, Tonraq or Pakku could since they have no apparent attributes that signify they could. but I don't see Kya an Katara losing to Ming-Hua, and I see the blood-bending brothers having their hands full with two spiritual avatars.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37: Amon wasn't focused on Mako while dealing with Korra and the Lieutenant, that's when Mako got into position. Korra never beat Amon, she caught him of guard and knocked him out a window. He was perfectly fine afterwards and could have finished her if he wanted to, but he left because his lie about being a nonbender had been exposed

Luck is really the only reason anyone got the better of Amon. We saw Tarrlok KO people instantly, no reason Amon couldn't do the same

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lunacyde  Moderator

Moonless Bloodbending is just too powerful.

I agree with just about everything Arcus has put forth.

Also, Katara swore to never use bloodbending again, and she helped to outlaw it so coupled with the fact that there is no evidence suggesting Katara taught her anything about it and it's pretty evident Kya will not be a factor.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Also, Katara swore to never use bloodbending again, and she helped to outlaw it so coupled with the fact that there is no evidence suggesting Katara taught her anything about it and it's pretty evident Kya will not be a factor.

Gracias

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lunacyde  Moderator

Also fighting Ming-Hua with water is a tough task. She is pretty strong against other Waterbenders.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon could still solo. Katara's bloodbending is not powerful enough to hold Amon, who has easily resisted a higher-tier bloodbender, Tarrlok. Amon is also a skilled chi blocker and hand to hand combatant, as well as being very fast, having dodged lightning twice. And let's not forget to mention the fact he can take away bending.

Bonus: Unalaq wins.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Hyperlight

While team 2 have waaaaayyyy more powerful waterbenders the bloodbending on team 1 could give them a win. All depends if these masters could resist it, which they may not be able to

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By velle37

@arcus:

My point was that Korra got out of Amon's bloodbending grip with her force of will, not that she definitively defeated him.

@lunacyde said:

I already mentioned Katara's averse reaction to bloodbending, thus the ambiguity of Kya's exposure to it, but also that even though she doesn't like it, she still used it to get revenge on her mother's killer. Also decisions made when young may change when one gets older, gains experience in the world, and has children. Kya is pretty strong willed to have been able to handle Zaheer so effectively, for a short time in their encounter, but again that doesn't mean she could resist these powerful benders. I simply noted that it has been done by strong willed characters, multiple times.

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon, Tarrlok could both solo. Ming-Hua is overkill

monkey1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: If its full moon then Karata will solo becuz Amon and Tarrlok cant bloodbend during full moon. Its explained in the case of Yakone that he is the opposite with normal blood benders. everyone seemed to forgot that.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkey1992: all it said was that no one accused Yakone of bloodbending during a full moon, not that he couldn't bloodbend during a full moon

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkey1992: what the hell? Who says they can't bloodbend without a full moon? They are OP because they can bloodbend anytime. Also, Amon always uses blood bending during his fights, subtly throwing off his opponent's attacks. That's why he was hit only 3 times in the course of Book 1, all three times being cheap shots or he wasn't paying attention. He is also much faster than Katara, casually dodging lightning point-blank from Lightning Bolt Zolt. Not to mention he is a master chi blocker, easily of Ty Lee's tier who Katara always lost against at close range. And of course, there's Amon's trump card, permanently taking away bending to worry about.

monkey1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra can't solo she always need somebody to hold her hand.

Round 1 Team 2(7/10) Korra always lose her first fight. They run away, come back better prepared. Maybe lose again, before getting it right(maybe General Tonraq can help with a strategy). Korra and Unalaq go into avatar state(just normal avatar state not blue and red giants). Unalaq unleash a few dark spirits and starts to rip out souls. If the avatars can keep their party members out of sight, easy win for team 2.

Round 2 Team 2(9/10) Full moon blood bending is not that diffucult to learn. Katara naturally caught on what it is about without any bloodbending training. She is a prodigy, but the others are master benders in their prime. Combining it with Korra's technique of resisting bloodbending any waterbender master could be able to break free. With two avatars attacking the blood benders would need to defend themselves, making it easier to break free.

All team 2 needs is a little preparation.

Bonus Dark Avatar

Sapiacarnadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon or Tarrlokk solo everyone.

Without bloodbending, Ming Hua is the only threat to Katara, but still Katara beats everyone to the ground. Even the ones in her team since she's the dumbest girl ever in a cartoon.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon or Tarlock solo stomps.

Lol at Ming Hua soloing.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Pretty sure Korra and Unalaq have the AS and DAS repsectively (at least I don't see it being prohibited), which means that either of them solostomps.

Bonus Dark Avatar kills everyone.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator

Amon or Tarlock solo stomps.

Lol at Ming Hua soloing.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon or Tarrlokk solo everyone.

Without bloodbending, Ming Hua is the only threat to Katara, but still Katara beats everyone to the ground. Even the ones in her team since she's the dumbest girl ever in a cartoon.

I agree with the first part.

But what the hell to the second, since when is Katara dumb....

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FanFeatRT

r1: Amon solo

r2: Amon almost solostomp, but katara resist a bit so he runs over to her and blitzs her and takes away her bending.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Rounds: Amon or Tarrlok Solos

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we gonna forget that Korra can resist their bloodbending...?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team Tonraq due to Korra resisting bloodbending and beat team 1

Round 2: Team Tonraq again same reason

Bonus Round: Well, Unavaatu stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Korra Resisted Amon bloodbending due to plot purpose, she already unlocked her chakras (air bending) because that she resisted

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If AS is allowed, Korra/Unalaq could solo, else bloodbenders most likely win both rounds.

Unavaatu wins the bonus round.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sean12345:

Amon, Tarrlok could both solo. Ming-Hua is overkill

agreed. they're so OP.

@fanfeatrt:

r1: Amon solo

r2: Amon almost solostomp, but katara resist a bit so he runs over to her and blitzs her and takes away her bending.

agreed, except i'd debate katara has no resistance w/out the FM.

@byondeon:

@avatar_geek said:

Are we gonna forget that Korra can resist their bloodbending...?

Round 1: Team Tonraq due to Korra resisting bloodbending and beat team 1

Round 2: Team Tonraq again same reason

Bonus Round: Well, Unavaatu stomps.

what? lol she can't

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37: team amon, 2/3 of the team can solo, 1/3 can beat any individual on the opposing team