TDLP's Infinite Quest Tournament (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@floopay: I'm pretty sure she was slower than awakened Clare. She couldn't keep up with Rigaldo; who was faster than her; who was slower than Clare's awakened form.

Actually, Miria was easily outpacing Rigaldo with her ability, so much so that he couldn't keep up with her until she tired out, which was pretty long into the fight, and that fight was immediately after another fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#402  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@floopay said:

@sovereign91001 said:

@floopay: I'm pretty sure she was slower than awakened Clare. She couldn't keep up with Rigaldo; who was faster than her; who was slower than Clare's awakened form.

Actually, Miria was easily outpacing Rigaldo with her ability, so much so that he couldn't keep up with her until she tired out, which was pretty long into the fight, and that fight was immediately after another fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Uh, Floopay you are incorrect. Miria was barely keeping up with Rigardo using her phantom. Not the other way around. Rigardo was impressed by her speed and wanted to see how it would play out.

Claymore 58 Page 23

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: You are neglecting that that scan is from the end of the fight, where Miria had used up most of her Yoki. She had alright fought for quite awhile prior to that fight, and she was still outpacing him by quite a bit, and after just a short amount of rest, she came back and started outpacing him again.

Here's the full portion of the fight you posted:

As you can see, it is stated that Miria was running out of energy.

But she was clearly still outmatching him in speed, he practically admitted it. Stating that she needed more than speed to beat him, and his inability to hit her until she started running low on power.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@floopay: She was not quick enough to do anything to him. All her speed amounted to was being able to dodge his blows, while he was practically not exerting any effort to beat her. He only got serious once he was missing his arm. I'm not neglecting anything. It would be one thing if her speed was actually detrimental to Rigardo, like catching him off guard, but it really didn't do anything to impede him.

Her Phantom technique is not infinite, so she can't spam it continuously, hence why it's not OP. Her infinite mirage technique post 7 year time skip is slower than her Phantom technique, because it only enhanced her base speed, without the use of yoki. The only time where her speed surpassed Rigardo is when she fought Hysteria because she purposely prolonged her yoki usage to reach speeds to past Rigardo and equal Hysteria's. Even then she couldn't control those speeds and was basically destroying her body every time she moved.

Also her usage of the Phantom technique is defensive in nature. She uses it to dodge and can't effectively use it for offensive purposes (like Hysteria).

Claymore 58 Page 7Claymore 58 Page 8

Not to mention even with her speed. He casually dodged her blows without even looking.

Claymore 58 Page 15Claymore 58 Page 16

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: It didn't do anything to impede him because plain and simply, Miria lacks the striking power to harm him, and he was too versatile and too skilled to let her actually get close enough to hit him.

As for the Phantom move, in their first appearance of an awakened one, Miria used the phantom move both offensively and defensively:

This thing is cut all over the place, and after they both land, Miria is shown as still barely coming back to normal speed (her image is still partially blurry). Over and above this, they both landed at about the same time, and this was long before Claire had either of her quicksword techniques. Which means most of the damage must have been done by Miria (it was all but stated, as Miria outclassed Claire at this point).

Pretty sure I can dig up a few other instances of this happening as well.

And again, against Rigaldo she had already fought several times in the past day or so, and was exhausting her supply. Yet despite all of Rigaldo's speed (which he was still able to hit Claire btw, something to note), he could barely land a blow on Miria until she was exhausted, and even then he had a hard time.

So there's that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Would have liked to join this but it would have taken an absolute age to decide what characters I wanted considering the amount of options.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiples of the same char. can be chosen

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

The images you post does not show her using phantom to kill the awakened being. It shows her sword being blurry (meaning she swung a lot of strikes in a single moment). The same image is used for anyone who strikes several times in a second. Her phantom technique is defensive. She uses it to dodge then she follows up with an attack while they're confused. If she could use it offensively then she would much stronger because she notes how her phantom technique and Hysteria's elegant technique are basically the same. The only difference being that she can use it more effectively than Miria. The only time she has effectively speed blitz anyone is using her new Mirage technique, which is slower than her phantom speed.

I can show you numerous instances of characters being blurry. It doesn't really mean much in the end, other than that they are being extremely fast. If Miria was using her phantom technique there would be a visible after image.

Claymore 34 Page 8

Claymore 34 Page 20

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Yes, when people move at those speeds, and that is Ophelia, who was able to easily catch up with Clare in moments, after Clare had like a 10 minute head start....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@floopay said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: Yes, when people move at those speeds, and that is Ophelia, who was able to easily catch up with Clare in moments, after Clare had like a 10 minute head start....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

My point was that it is impossible to differentiate Phantom technique from casual speed movements other than the fact that Miria's technique leaves an afterimage. She didn't kill the Awakened Male via phantom. She was trying to use it on him in the beginning, but she couldn't keep it up or effectively use to hurt him. If she was capable of using it to it's utmost perfection, it would be equivalent to Hysteria's technique, which allowed her to slay boat loads of warriors sent to kill her on Rockwell Hill.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By Floopay

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

My point was that it is impossible to differentiate Phantom technique from casual speed movements other than the fact that Miria's technique leaves an afterimage. She didn't kill the Awakened Male via phantom. She was trying to use it on him in the beginning, but she couldn't keep it up or effectively use to hurt him. If she was capable of using it to it's utmost perfection, it would be equivalent to Hysteria's technique, which allowed her to slay boat loads of warriors sent to kill her on Rockwell Hill.

Weren't those the warriors she completely outclassed and then lost to on purpose to overthrow the organization...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: No, I'm talking about Hysteria killing everyone, not Miria beating up all the warriors. The former involved fighting the entirety of the Organization and killing just about everyone without getting hurt once. Hysteria only lost because Teresa owned her (how predictable :P). The latter was not that impressive given that the Organization admitted the current generation was pretty useless. Though it was impressive that Miria was able to merely incapacitate everyone, despite them trying to kill her. Also, she didn't lose on purpose. The warriors let her live after sensing her intentions.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: No, I'm talking about Hysteria killing everyone, not Miria beating up all the warriors. The former involved fighting the entirety of the Organization and killing just about everyone without getting hurt once. Hysteria only lost because Teresa owned her (how predictable :P). The latter was not that impressive given that the Organization admitted the current generation was pretty useless. Though it was impressive that Miria was able to merely incapacitate everyone, despite them trying to kill her. Also, she didn't lose on purpose. The warriors let her live after sensing her intentions.

I remember that fight, and that was the fight where she was using her attack offensively, and developed a more dangerous mode of using it offensively that was more suicidal. I'd have to re-read the chapter.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By Sherlock

@thedarklordpandamonium: I think I may have accidentally deleted the deliberation thread when I cleaned out my inbox.Any chance you can readd me?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thedarklordpandamonium What matches are open? The PM has become incredibly mucked up with various questions and comments that I can't find what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers