User Lists: 0

Returns wins, hurr durr superman

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@hyperviper97: Pure H2H, they both have facial hair, get beat up and beat up the guy who beat them up. Returns wins (in my opinion) because he doesn't need a plot device on his opponents face to beat the sh!t out of him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator

.........Dark Knight Returns Batman slaughterstomp.

Movie Captain America vs Bale Batman is a common thread and Movie Captain America already stomps TDKR Batman, the Dark Knight Returns Batman >>>>> Movie Captain America.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Returns

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see people mix mediums. 9 times out of 10 it's lopsided as all hell. Returns wins.

@frozen said:

Movie Captain America vs Bale Batman is a common thread and Movie Captain America already stomps TDKR Batman, the Dark Knight Returns Batman >>>>> Movie Captain America.

Do I smell a hater?

Anyhow, Maybe with prep. Returns doesn't have decades of feats. This fight would go much like the Mutant leader's first go round with Batman otherwise.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Returns Batman has a new patient to put on the operating table.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@risingbean said:

I don't see people mix mediums. 9 times out of 10 it's lopsided as all hell. Returns wins.

@frozen said:

Do I smell a hater?

Anyhow, Maybe with prep. Returns doesn't have decades of feats. This fight would go much like the Mutant leader's first go round with Batman otherwise.

A hater of what? If you mean TDKR, then no because the DK trilogy are my favourite superhero films. If you mean Captain America, then no I was just pointing out that Movie Captain America vs Bale's Batman has been done and Captain America wins.

Essentially, this version of Batman is >>> Movie Captain Ameirca >>> Bale's Batman. It's pretty clear that Dark Knight Returns Batman wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Returns

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RisingBean

@frozen: No, Movie Cap. Because you felt the need to say he'll get beat up when he has ).0000% of anything to do with this thread.

But, I'm being a bit harsh if you don't know me well. I'm just poking fun.

On a serious note, and then I'll stop so as not to derail the thread, Batman got smashed by the Mutant Leader who was better then him statwise, and there is nearly as much PIS in TDKR as there is in Spider-Man vs Firelord. Miller was on his game in the 80's before he went nutso, but man, that was a low spot for me. So much Batwanking at Superman's expense, I thought I'd drown.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@risingbean said:

@frozen: No, Movie Cap. Because you felt the need to say he'll get beat up when he has ).0000% of anything to do with this thread.

But, I'm being a bit harsh if you don't know me well. I'm just poking fun.

On a serious note, and then I'll stop so as not to derail the thread, Batman got smashed by the Mutant Leader who was better then him statwise, and there is nearly as much PIS in TDKR as there is in Spider-Man vs Firelord. Miller was on his game in the 80's before he went nutso, but man, that was a low spot for me. So much Batwanking at Superman's expense, I thought I'd drown.

No, I'm rather a fan of Captain America (especially the latest film). I used it as a clear contrast to show how unfair this really is. If people think that thread is unfair, then you can consider this far more unfair and flag-worthy.

DKR Batman is just superior in a fight, genuinely because of the world of comic-books. Casually punching through walls, metal hood of a car or snapping a shot-gun in half is out Bale's reach. Yes, I think we can both concur that the 80s was the best time for Miller. I hated DKSA and All Star Batman, I don't think DKR had fan-service either, he wrote Batman to be a depressed, grim old man.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Dark Knight Returns is wayyy angrier. He'd fight dirty and win

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Return wins

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What, you mean Batman winning via suffocation from that goo stuff he carries in his belt?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RisingBean

@frozen: I just think he wanked Superman so hard it ruined TDKR. I didn't bother reading the followup.

As for crossing mediums, yup, I can't think of a single match where cartoon took on movie or book took on game or whatnot and it was fair, so we're in agreement there.

I missed your point with including Cap, so my apologies. Though I was just being flippant to begin with.

@sheenlantern Hah, you got me there. I was thinking of the asskicking previous, but that belt and prep would be his bastion of hope.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@risingbean: He didn't do any fan service in DKR or Year One though. In DKR, he's a depressed alcoholic, he gets destroyed by the mutant leader, a teenage girl has to save him. In Year One, some thugs drop a T.V on his head and a SWAT team nearly kill him.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@risingbean: He didn't do any fan service in DKR or Year One though. In DKR, he's a depressed alcoholic, he gets destroyed by the mutant leader, a teenage girl has to save him. In Year One, some thugs drop a T.V on his head and a SWAT team nearly kill him.

One of the best highlights!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I enjoyed the fire escape fight more then I probably should have.

@frozen: Eh. In TDKR he gives Superman a run for his money, takes the Joker on for the final time and comes back to break down the Mutant Leader. Sure, he's depressed but that all Batman overcomes all! And in Year One, he frikkin owns a S.W.A.T. team, and Catwoman and has a few high points.

Let me say this. Both series are held in high enough regard that they were made into animated features.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@risingbean: I don't think he 'owns' the SWAT team, his great feat was kicking down a pillar while having a bullet wound in the same leg but Bale's Batman looked more impressive against SWAT....

Both are great stories, that's why they were made into animated features. Both still have influence today.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I'm a bit meh on Old man Batman, but I do love me some Year One.

And that is amusing. A movie hero outdid his comic counterpart. Almost unheard of.

Though I think Bruce did own them overall. He was gimped with no belt and a bullet wound and still out thought and out maneuvered the team, and saved an innocent kitten while doing so.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@risingbean: Essentially DKR Batman is Clint Eastwood in a Batsuit.

Year One Batman dwarfs Nolan Batman in physical stats (he can kick down trees, pillars, etc) but in my opinion, despite all that --- Bale's Batman still looked more impressive against SWAT.

Loading Video...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Not arguing movie was more impressive. Just never compared the two. Also Eastwood is who should have voiced TDKR, not Weller.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Not arguing movie was more impressive. Just never compared the two. Also Eastwood is who should have voiced TDKR, not Weller.

I strung up the comparison because Year One inspired TDK. Lol, Eastwood would make good for a much older Bruce Wayne but Weller was perfect. Michael Ironside also voiced him in a TAS short and he was good.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman wins :)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frozen  Moderator

Spite thread needs to be locked.

@saren

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Returns Batman wipes the floor with Rises Batman.