Taskmaster VS Wolverine/Bone Claw (Rules)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Since Tasky is the flavor of the week...

Scenario:

Taskmaster has been offered a large sum of money from Norman Osborn to take out Wolverine...Can he?

Streets of Paris, regularly populated. All vehicles are parked. Obviously assume there will be no aggressive interference from the local population. The locals either watch the fight or run for their lives, its that simple. 3pm.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-They begin 40 feet away, visible to one another. Both are near people and cars.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

-As stated in title, Wolverine has bone claws.

-Taskmaster has his shield, crossbow & sword.

-Character morals apply.

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No takers, really? Perhaps I should throw Bane, Hulk, Superman and Storm into the mix =P
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Baldy

Could go either way. 

If he isn't jobbing I'll go with Taskmaster. Wolverine's only hope is to drop into his retarded beast mode.

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yaujtapool
@k4tzm4n said:
" No takers, really? Perhaps I should throw Bane, Hulk, Superman and Storm into the mix =P "
LoL Those characters always attract attention .

As for the fight i would give this to Taskmaster though it would be a very close battle , i see it panning out like this  , Taskmaster would hold a slight advantage in fighting skill and is physically almost the same as Logan except for the healing Factor and endurance so if he tries to end this quickly as soon as the battle begins i can see him winning it , but as soon as he lets wolverine drag on the battle he will lose ,as wolverine can tire him out and pick him off.
Taskmaster has already shown he can deal with characters with healing factors when he took out Deadpool but wolverine would be more of a challenge due to not only having a healing factor but superior skills to Deadpool making this a very close battle indeed .
 I would give Taskmaster this 5.5/10
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Taskmaster should take this with fair ease. he's already assimilated Wolverines fighting style in addition
to at least 50+ other known ones. to bad you stripped him of his mock Wolverine energy claws.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FLCL1

TASK MASTER
DEADLEAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEADLEAF

yep, Taskmaster
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ziro

I'll take Taskmaster as well(shield and sword seal the deal).
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By castleking
i was under the impression that tasky only had olympic lvl attributes minus his fast foward technique?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'll edit the OP.  Taskmaster only has his shield now, no sword.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By castleking
let him keep his sword..... its no where near one sided as some ppl here think... logan is a master sword fighter and one of marvel's best melee fighters...

he has easily held his own against lazear, shogun, shingen and some ^$@#% all at the same time. he also possess superhuman attributes all around way above taskmaster

his bone claws also easily slice through steel 

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@castleking said:
"let him keep his sword..... its no where near one sided as some ppl here think... logan is a master sword fighter and one of marvel's best melee fighters...

he has easily held his own against lazear, shogun, shingen and some ^$@#% all at the same time. he also possess superhuman attributes all around way above taskmaster

his bone claws also easily slice through steel "

And I think Taskmaster is skilled enough with his shield to just limit him to it. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By castleking
well logan pulls his ninja vanish trick and waits for the best time to pull a stealth kill.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baldy
@castleking said:
" well logan pulls his ninja vanish trick and waits for the best time to pull a stealth kill.
"
I doubt Logan has any tricks that Taskmaster doesn't already know.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@castleking said:
"well logan pulls his ninja vanish trick and waits for the best time to pull a stealth kill.
"

That reminds me, I didn't provide a time.  Assume its 3pm.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking
@Baldy said:
" @castleking said:
" well logan pulls his ninja vanish trick and waits for the best time to pull a stealth kill.
"
I doubt Logan has any tricks that Taskmaster doesn't already know. "
but taskmaster may know the trick but not have the gear or physical attribute to pull it off he only has olympic lvl stats minus his fast foward technique
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Baldy
@castleking said:
" @Baldy said:
" @castleking said:
"
but taskmaster may know the trick but not have the gear or physical attribute to pull it off he only has olympic lvl stats minus his fast foward technique
"
He's not so far off Wolverine that it would make a difference.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By castleking

No Caption Provided

he is actually too far below logan if we use logan at his highest skill lvl.... unless you want to bring him down to olympic lvl response time and brute mentality.

No Caption Provided
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yaujtapool
@castleking said:
" let him keep his sword..... its no where near one sided as some ppl here think... logan is a master sword fighter and one of marvel's best melee fighters...

his bone claws also easily slice through steel 

No Caption Provided
"
Logan looks Fugly there .....

@castleking said:
" i was under the impression that tasky only had olympic lvl attributes minus his fast foward technique?
"

I thought he was Peak human ..... could someone clarify this ?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Yaujtapool said:
"
@castleking said:
" i was under the impression that tasky only had olympic lvl attributes minus his fast foward technique?
"
I thought he was Peak human ..... could someone clarify this ? "
His last handbook entry that I've seen simply states he retains his body in perfect condition. However, his strength is listed as being class 3, which falls under the peak human category.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By castleking
where does the olympic human fall in?

also peak strength does not translate to peak reflexes or speed,  and agility
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King Quisling

Wolverine. Taskmaster is very fond of H2H combat and Wolverine is one of a very best H2H combatants in the Marvel U. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Taking the definitions into account I'd say olympic level falls under class 3.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baldy
@King Quisling said:
" Wolverine. Taskmaster is very fond of H2H combat and Wolverine is one of a very best H2H combatants in the Marvel U.  "
Bull.

Wolverine is a horrible fighter.
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Morpheus_ said:
"  
No Caption Provided

Taking the definitions into account I'd say olympic level falls under class 3. "
I would say Taskmaster is just about peak human , he figthts peaks humans like Cap and even superhuman threats , its probably safe to assume he is peak human.

Also if it states he has trained to perfect physical condition i would presume that is peak human or at least very close ....
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By castleking

when he wants to be depending with a lot of these new modern writers.... 

also depends in his menatlity and his opponent, if he considers them an actual danger he stops the brawling  and switches to the MA.. he can easily pawn various MA masters when he has the mind to. especially with his meta stats...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Yaujtapool
@castleking said:
" when he wants to be depending with a lot of these new modern writers.... 

also depends in his menatlity and his opponent, if he considers them an actual danger he stops the brawling  and switches to the MA.. he can easily pawn various MA masters when he has the mind to. especially with his meta stats...
"
We talking about wolverine or Taskamster ? .... not trying to sound dumb or anything .....
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King Quisling
@Baldy: He said it himself in Moon Knight. He doesn't like going hand to hand. 
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Yaujtapool said:

" @castleking said:

" when he wants to be depending with a lot of these new modern writers.... 

"
We talking about wolverine or Taskamster ? .... not trying to sound dumb or anything ..... "
NVM i seen the scans ..... and wolverine looks fugly there too though slightly less than the first scan .
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Erik
@CATMANEXE said:
" Taskmaster should take this with fair ease. he's already assimilated Wolverines fighting style in addition to at least 50+ other known ones. to bad you stripped him of his mock Wolverine energy claws. "
 He has assimilated any available recording of Wolverine's fighting style and has paid extreme amounts of money to get his hands on any recording of Wolverine he could. That is hardly assimilating everything about Wolverine's fighting style.

@Baldy said: 

I doubt that Taskmaster knows everything about Wolverine for the same reason I do not believe he has assimilated Wolverine's fighting style completely. It is a hard thing to do when the fighting style you are trying to assimilate is a compilation of every fighting style on the planet. 

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dro

I'm gonna go with wolverine. I'll pick the 150-year-old master assassin over photographic reflexes any day of the week.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Baldy
@erik said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" Taskmaster should take this with fair ease. he's already assimilated Wolverines fighting style in addition to at least 50+ other known ones. to bad you stripped him of his mock Wolverine energy claws. "
 He has assimilated any available recording of Wolverine's fighting style and has paid extreme amounts of money to get his hands on any recording of Wolverine he could. That is hardly assimilating everything about Wolverine's fighting style.

@Baldy said: 
 I doubt that Taskmaster knows everything about Wolverine for the same reason I do not believe he has assimilated Wolverine's fighting style completely. It is a hard thing to do when the fighting style you are trying to assimilate is a compilation of every fighting style on the planet.  "
Doesn't matter how hard it is to develop. If Taskmaster can see it he can do it.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik
@Baldy:  
I know this already. That was in fact my point. How could he have possibly seen everything Wolverine has ever done or even can do but has not yet done? He can only assimilate what he has seen, not assimilate an entire style based off of a few videos. 
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baldy
@erik said:
" @Baldy:  I know this already. That was in fact my point. How could he have possibly seen everything Wolverine has ever done or even can do but has not yet done? He can only assimilate what he has seen, not assimilate an entire style based off of a few videos.  "
Yes but he's seen virtually every martial art, for every move Wolverine has Taskmaster has ten easily.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By castleking

but he doesnt possess the physical stats to compete with logan when he goes blitz fighting mode.. 

No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erik
@Baldy said:
" @erik said:
" @Baldy:  I know this already. That was in fact my point. How could he have possibly seen everything Wolverine has ever done or even can do but has not yet done? He can only assimilate what he has seen, not assimilate an entire style based off of a few videos.  "
Yes but he's seen virtually every martial art, for every move Wolverine has Taskmaster has ten easily. "
That is not true. Wolverine is a master of every martial art known to man. Taskmaster is a master of everything he has seen, which is not everything. In your own words you acknowledge as much by saying he has seen virtually every martial arts. Even seeing virtually every martial arts style, he could not possibly have seen everything. Every style has dozens to hundreds of different moves, more than is usually executed in a single fight. If Taskmaster has truly seen this much, he would have had to spend years doing nothing but watching. Again, he mimics what he sees. He does not have an ability to see only a portion of a style and just fill in the rest on his own. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By castleking
he also has a library of videos to watch before he goes into combat with certain individuals... not right to say he knows all their techniques or even able to recall all he has seen

also like i said he is only human he doesnt posses the physical stats to compete with logan.. just look at how he did with Mr.X and compare how logan did all those times b4 going semi berserk mode
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Baldy
@erik said:
" @Baldy said:
" @erik said:
Yes but he's seen virtually every martial art, for every move Wolverine has Taskmaster has ten easily. "
That is not true. Wolverine is a master of every martial art known to man. Taskmaster is a master of everything he has seen, which is not everything. In your own words you acknowledge as much by saying he has seen virtually every martial arts. Even seeing virtually every martial arts style, he could not possibly have seen everything. Every style has dozens to hundreds of different moves, more than is usually executed in a single fight. If Taskmaster has truly seen this much, he would have had to spend years doing nothing but watching. Again, he mimics what he sees. He does not have an ability to see only a portion of a style and just fill in the rest on his own.  "
This is one of the reasons why I hate Wolverine so much, it's plainly not true at all. He occasionally gets some crazy ass writters that pretend he's some uber ninja martial artist, yet in 90% of his appearances he shows NO skill at all. All he does is pop his claws and flail wildly at his opponents until they fall over.

When Wolverine starts to use this "fighting skill" a little more consistently then I may give him the nod in this fight, until then Taskmaster wins as far as I'm concerned. The guy dedicates his life to learning every possibly move from everyone and has trained some of Marvel's better fighters.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erik
@Baldy:  
There is a reason for his brawler attitude which has been explained many many times. He is self destructive and intentionally shirks his skills so that he can take some punishment. There are plenty of occasions where he does use the skill he has, so it is most certainly not a PIS incident as you would like to believe. 
Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Taskmaster

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By castleking
taskmaster did horrible against Mr. X in the same story with logan while logan actually manage to hold his own and last a while b4 he even bothered going into a semi berserker mode. ur giving taskmaster too much credit here and not enough to logan.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heres Taskmasters detailed bio. you can try to pull the fansite card, but i can let you know the guy who made this site is also the guy that
worked on the Official Marvel handbooks and oversaw his bio there as well. you people are making up things and trying to shirk Taskmasters abilities to gain a win for the fan favorite.  Taskmasters first showing was dropping Captain America and Iron man
at the same time. 
http://www.taskmastersite.com/Main.htm

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik
@CATMANEXE:  
I am sure that I could find equally impressive fan sites for Wolverine. No one is trying to put Taskmaster down. So far, the serious Wolverine debaters have just been trying to keep things in perspective for both characters. You say Taskmasters first feat was dropping both Captain America and Iron Man at the same time. I know that there are comparable feats for Wolverine and better.  

I just want to throw it out there that Moon Knight has been having a long streak of ill showings as of late and he also has lost to Daredevil and Moon Knight... Yeah, Moon Knight. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By castleking
logan dropped half of marvel more then one occasion... he took down vision and the new warriors and ms marvel and blackcat and the human torch all at the same time...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erik
@castleking said:
" he dropped half of marvel more then one occasion... he took down vision and the new warriors and ms marvel and blackcat and the human torch all at the same time...
"
Did not know about Ms. Marvel. How did he even manage that legitimately?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By castleking
he gutted her..
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erik
@castleking said:
" he gutted her.. "
Taskmaster? 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By castleking
@erik said:

" @castleking said:

" he gutted her.. "
Taskmaster?  "
no, logan gutted ms. marvel.  i was talking about logan taking down half of marvel not taskmaster. i was helping to support ur argument about similar feats
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Erik
@castleking said:

" @erik said:

" @castleking said:
" he gutted her.. "
Taskmaster?  "
no, logan gutted ms. marvel.  i was talking about logan taking down half of marvel not taskmaster.
"
Ah. Your post came in after mine and did not have who it was addressed to. That makes much more sense now. 
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster, without a doubt