• 62 results
#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

One can duplicate any fighting style by photographic reflexes and one can mimic any fighting style by downloading it into his brain.

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus is pretty badass, and his nightstick delivers attacks with Super Human Strength. But as far as I know, Prometheus can only gain the fighting style of his opponents, not the use of there weapons. Like he can fight like Batman, but cant utilize the bat-a-rangs. Where as Taskmaster can fight like Cap, and use his shield like Cap.

Taskmaster could go through his entire arsenal, Shield, Arrows, Billy Clubs, Swords, move like Daredevil in one step, then like Spiderman in another.

I know the crossovers don't count, but Captain America beat Prometheus single handedly.

#3 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Prometheus is pretty badass, and his nightstick delivers attacks with Super Human Strength. But as far as I know, Prometheus can only gain the fighting style of his opponents, not the use of there weapons. Like he can fight like Batman, but cant utilize the bat-a-rangs. Where as Taskmaster can fight like Cap, and use his shield like Cap. Taskmaster could go through his entire arsenal, Shield, Arrows, Billy Clubs, Swords, move like Daredevil in one step, then like Spiderman in another. *I know the crossovers don't count, but Captain America beat Prometheus single handedly.* "

Good argument. But if Prometheus can download a characters fighting style (lets say a sword fighter) wouldn't be able to mimic whatever they use in that style?

#4 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Taskmaster wins."

Why?

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know to be honest. Has he fought Green Arrow? And if so, why doesn't he carry around a bow? I'm just asking cause I really don't know, everytime I see Prometheus he only has the Nightstick, Gauntlets, Helmet, and Body Armor. Where as Taskmaster usually has a Colt 45. (Black Widow) a Shield (Captain America) a Bow an Arrows (Hawkeye) and a Sword.

If Prometheus isn't constantly switching his styles in an unpredictable manner, I don't know if he can win. Deadpool beat Taskmaster cause he's crazy, he's movements and style are unpredictable. If Prometheus fights the same way, I can see him easily winning this. But if his movements and patterns are to stylized, Taskmaster will pick him apart.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 04:56:53

#6 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Taskmaster wins."
Why? "

During Civil War..Taskmaster was watching tapes of various Marvel Superheroes fighting.With his photographic reflexes he was learning to fight like them.The Taskmaster also stole a generator from SHIELD that can create the weapons of the people he copies.Even Spider-man's web shooters."

Thats probably the best point I've seen you make on here :P

#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I don't know to be honest. Has he fought Green Arrow? And if so, why doesn't he carry around a bow? I'm just asking cause I really don't know, everytime I see Prometheus he only has the Nightstick, Gauntlets, Helmet, and Body Armor. Where as Taskmaster *usually* has a Colt 45. (Black Widow) a Shield (Captain America) a Bow an Arrows (Hawkeye) and a Sword. If Prometheus isn't constantly switching his styles in an unpredictable manner, I don't know if he can win. Deadpool beat Taskmaster cause he's crazy, he's movements and style are unpredictable. If Prometheus fights the same way, I can see him easily winning this. But if his movements and patterns are to stylized, Taskmaster will pick him apart.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 04:56:53"

I know Prometheus has some kinda of weapon on his arm. He used to shoot Green Latern. I think he could dup a weapon if it was a part of the fighter style. I only think Deadpool beat Taskmaster because of his healing factor.

#8 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster owns Prometheus.

#9 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, you can beat Deadpool, you just cant kill him. But in there first fight (Deadpool vs Taskmaster) his healing factor had nothing to do with him winning. Taskmaster was trying to teach his students. He took Deadpool lightly and when he started fighting crazy, Taskmaster couldn't predict his movements and became discouraged. He has however, beaten Deadpool since then.

#10 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Alpha says:
"Colt Python says:
"Taskmaster wins."
Why? "
During Civil War..Taskmaster was watching tapes of various Marvel Superheroes fighting.With his photographic reflexes he was learning to fight like them.The Taskmaster also stole a generator from SHIELD that can create the weapons of the people he copies.Even Spider-man's web shooters."

Thanks for your thought on this Colt. You made a great point as far as Taskmaster. I agree. Taskmaster would take it.

#11 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I don't know to be honest. Has he fought Green Arrow? And if so, why doesn't he carry around a bow? I'm just asking cause I really don't know, everytime I see Prometheus he only has the Nightstick, Gauntlets, Helmet, and Body Armor. Where as Taskmaster *usually* has a Colt 45. (Black Widow) a Shield (Captain America) a Bow an Arrows (Hawkeye) and a Sword.If Prometheus isn't constantly switching his styles in an unpredictable manner, I don't know if he can win. Deadpool beat Taskmaster cause he's crazy, he's movements and style are unpredictable. If Prometheus fights the same way, I can see him easily winning this. But if his movements and patterns are to stylized, Taskmaster will pick him apart.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 04:56:53"

He hasnt Fought GA,but he has gotten his ass pinned to a wall and almost died from GA's arrows.The only reason he lived is beacuse Hush rescued him.Taskmaster takes it imo,but then again Prometheus did kinda beat te whole JLA.

#12 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster wins

#13 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gambler says:
"Actually, you can beat Deadpool, you just cant kill him. But in there first fight (Deadpool vs Taskmaster) his healing factor had nothing to do with him winning. Taskmaster was trying to teach his students. He took Deadpool lightly and when he started fighting crazy, Taskmaster couldn't predict his movements and became discouraged. He has however, beaten Deadpool since then."

I don't count killing Deadpool temporarily as a win...I understand your point though.It is very hard even for telepaths to read Deadpool and his movements."

I never said anything about killing anyone. Did Hulk not just kick the crap outta half the Marvel U? He didn't kill anyone, yet he still beat Wolverine, the FF4, the Sentry and others.

Deathstroke beat the JLA without killing any of them. Batman's beaten people without killing them. I dont understand when it became mandatory to kill your opponent to claim victory? When did this happen?

#14 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Colt Python says:
"Gambler says:
"Actually, you can beat Deadpool, you just cant kill him. But in there first fight (Deadpool vs Taskmaster) his healing factor had nothing to do with him winning. Taskmaster was trying to teach his students. He took Deadpool lightly and when he started fighting crazy, Taskmaster couldn't predict his movements and became discouraged. He has however, beaten Deadpool since then."
I don't count killing Deadpool temporarily as a win...I understand your point though.It is very hard even for telepaths to read Deadpool and his movements."
I never said anything about killing anyone. Did Hulk not just kick the crap outta half the Marvel U? He didn't kill anyone, yet he still beat Wolverine, the FF4, the Sentry and others. Deathstroke beat the JLA without killing any of them. Batman's beaten people without killing them. I dont understand when it became mandatory to kill your opponent to claim victory? When did this happen? "

I don't think that was what he was saying, but I will leave it to him to defend.

#15 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt, leave it alone. These guys are too stupid to know that Prometheus wins. And I've noticed me and you are getting along more better than usual, lol.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 05:41:18

#16 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Colt, leave it alone. These guys are too stupid to know that Taskmaster winsAnd I've noticed me and you are getting along more better than usual, lol."

LMFAO.....I cant breath.....hahahaha. Are you serious? Tell you what, go get your mom to come and read to you what was written, cause you clearly are operating on a WHOLE new level of stupid.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 05:39:22

#17 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Colt, leave it alone. These guys are too stupid to know that Taskmaster winsAnd I've noticed me and you are getting along more better than usual, lol."

I think everyone who posted said Taskmaster. So who is stupid?

#18 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
LMFAO.....I cant breath.....hahahaha. Are you serious? Tell you what, go get your mom to come and read to you what was written, cause you clearly are operating on a **WHOLE** new level of retardation. "

Oops, lol. I accidentally put Taskmaster when I ment w.e his name is.

#19 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gambler says:
LMFAO.....I cant breath.....hahahaha. Are you serious? Tell you what, go get your mom to come and read to you what was written, cause you clearly are operating on a **WHOLE** new level of retardation. "
Oops, lol. I accidentally put Taskmaster when I ment w.e his name is."
Prometheus...it's ok to not know his name.He sucks!"

I know, he's a Taskmaster wanna be.

#20 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

wait why did LBV post tasky wins and is now saying Prom beats him and calling everyone stupid?

#21 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#22 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"No..he's just one of those "damn..we've run outta ideas" characters."

There are heaps of "Damn... we've run outta ideas" characters. Don't take it out on him.

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"wait why did LBV post tasky wins and is now saying Prom beats him and calling everyone stupid?"

Cause he's a mental midget.

Prometheus isn't a Taskmaster wanna be. He's actually the twisted mirror version of Batman. If your gonna trash someone, at least know what your talking about.

#24 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Constantine says:
"wait why did LBV post tasky wins and is now saying Prom beats him and calling everyone stupid?"
Cause he's a mental midget. Prometheus isn't a Taskmaster wanna be. He's actually the twisted mirror version of Batman. If your gonna trash someone, at least know what your talking about."

What! Why do u say that? Mirror image of Batman.

#25 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Gambler says:
"Constantine says:
Cause he's a mental midget. Prometheus isn't a Taskmaster wanna be. He's actually the twisted mirror version of Batman. If your gonna trash someone, at least know what your talking about."

What! Why do u say that? Mirror image of Batman. "

Cause thats what he is. The current version of Prometheus was created by Grant Morrison (so there goes the, we ran out of ideas theory right there) Instead of his parents being rich caring people who where murdered by criminals, Prometheus' parents where criminal hippies who where killed by police. He's commonly referred to as the Anti-Batman or Mirror Batman.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 06:09:54

#26 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Gambler says:
"Constantine says:

look on his profile

#27 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"Alpha says:
"Gambler says:
"Constantine says:
look on his profile"

Wow! I love it when I learn something new. Thanks

#28 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Constantine says:
"Alpha says:
"Gambler says:
"Constantine says:
look on his profile"

Wow! I love it when I learn something new. Thanks "

thats O-KAY

#29 Edited by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:  Actually Prometheus would be able to use other people's abilities other than fighting styles if he wanted to. His helmet provides direct interface with his central nervous system and is able to reprogram his body to have not only the skills but the physical prowess of the top 30 martial artists. That's why Batman was able to reprogram his helmet to give him the physical characteristics of stephen hawking. Prometheus has also used this to increase his endorphin production to help him deal with pain. 

He could also always hypnotize him

I don't really think Taskmaster stands a chance, while he has the skills of a lot of MA's Prometheus has their skills, physical abilities, acrobatic abilities etc. He is also a genius with a lot of tech far more advance than anything Taskmaster uses. Take note of the strobe light he uses against Batman. Or if he wanted he could always BFR him to the Ghost Zone, or better yet teleport half of him to the Ghost Zone
#30 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

A year ago lol

#31 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: haha...well... Maybe you still didn't know
#32 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

People want to discuss this?  Let's give it a bump.
#33 Posted by Erik (32785 posts) - - Show Bio
*Crickets chirping*
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" People want to discuss this?  Let's give it a bump. "
I thought you'd say Prometheus wins due to having the anti-Taskmaster gun. :P
#35 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

One version of Prometheus (not sure if it's this one) beat Lady Shiva. can Taskmaster beat Lady Shiva? I think not! :p

#36 Edited by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought prometheus is like a walking plot device...........they both are team buster, with prep taskmaster took on avengers before, prometheus took on justice league twice ..........yeah I'll go with prometheus

#37 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus. 

#38 Edited by mavfan626 (4125 posts) - - Show Bio

h2h Taskmaster would win.. otherwise Prometheus.. he's got a lot of tricks..

#39 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
" h2h Taskmaster would win.. otherwise Prometheus.. he's got a lot of tricks.. "
H2H some one with Prometheus' armor dropped Shiva in about 3 seconds, so no.  In H2H Prom would knock Taskys head off with a single hit.
#40 Posted by mavfan626 (4125 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" h2h Taskmaster would win.. otherwise Prometheus.. he's got a lot of tricks.. "
H2H some one with Prometheus' armor dropped Shiva in about 3 seconds, so no.  In H2H Prom would knock Taskys head off with a single hit. "
In h2h only.. meaning without his armor.. Taskmaster has seen more then thirty fighting style(Captain America, the Cat, Daredevil just to name a few that are credible) Taskmaster can fight in 2 times human speed.. 
#41 Posted by entropy_aegis (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus.
#42 Edited by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @mavfan626 said:

H2H some one with Prometheus' armor dropped Shiva in about 3 seconds, so no.  In H2H Prom would knock Taskys head off with a single hit. "
In h2h only.. meaning without his armor.. Taskmaster has seen more then thirty fighting style(Captain America, the Cat, Daredevil just to name a few that are credible) Taskmaster can fight in 2 times human speed..  "
So basically, you want to strip Prometheus of his armor  because you want Taskmaster to win? Yeah, real fair.  
Taskmaster can learn 1000 styles and he would still get one shotted by Prometheus, when are you going to learn that Taskmaster is a complete joke? For all the fighting styles that Tasky has copied, he still gets his tail kicked by Daredevil, Elektra, Black Swan and Deadpool....seriously...
#43 Posted by mavfan626 (4125 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" @mavfan626 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @mavfan626 said:

In h2h only.. meaning without his armor.. Taskmaster has seen more then thirty fighting style(Captain America, the Cat, Daredevil just to name a few that are credible) Taskmaster can fight in 2 times human speed..  "
So basically, you want to strip Prometheus of his armor  because you want Taskmaster to win? Yeah, real fair.   Taskmaster can learn 1000 styles and he would still get one shotted by Prometheus, when are you going to learn that Taskmaster is a complete joke? For all the fighting styles that Tasky has copied, he still gets his tail kicked by Daredevil, Elektra, Black Swan and Deadpool....seriously... "
That's what just h2h means.. your reply in confessing, "Yeah, real fair" sarcastically then say Taskmaster still gets one-shotted.. .. show me a scan where DD kicked his ***.. Elektra is one the best MA in MU and there 1 for 1.. Black Swan's family have been assassin's for 400 years passing it down from generation to generation and Taskmaster also emitted that he underestimated Black Swan.. Deadpool couldn't beat Taskmaster until he change to an unpredictable fight style and the other time is PIS..  

And what are you talking about "seriously"? Taskmaster blocks multiple bullet chains and can catch a single bullet.. he can fight at x2 speed.. he one shotted Iron Man using Captain America sheild wielding style..

Taskmaster isn't a joke..
#44 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @mavfan626 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @mavfan626 said:

So basically, you want to strip Prometheus of his armor  because you want Taskmaster to win? Yeah, real fair.   Taskmaster can learn 1000 styles and he would still get one shotted by Prometheus, when are you going to learn that Taskmaster is a complete joke? For all the fighting styles that Tasky has copied, he still gets his tail kicked by Daredevil, Elektra, Black Swan and Deadpool....seriously... "
That's what just h2h means.. your reply in confessing, "Yeah, real fair" sarcastically then say Taskmaster still gets one-shotted.. .. show me a scan where DD kicked his ***.. Elektra is one the best MA in MU and there 1 for 1.. Black Swan's family have been assassin's for 400 years passing it down from generation to generation and Taskmaster also emitted that he underestimated Black Swan.. Deadpool couldn't beat Taskmaster until he change to an unpredictable fight style and the other time is PIS..    And what are you talking about "seriously"? Taskmaster blocks multiple bullet chains and can catch a single bullet.. he can fight at x2 speed.. he one shotted Iron Man using Captain America sheild wielding style..  Taskmaster isn't a joke.. "
You're basically handicapping one character to give the other an advantage, if you strip Prom of his gear then you would have to strip Taskmaster of his ability to copy moves.
Deadpool and Black Swan both show that Taskmaster is RIDICULOUSLY over reliant on his gimmick then his actual skill.
Elektra isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel, she can't even handle Bullseye in a serious fight.  That just shows what level of skill Taskmaster really has

That would be helpful if Prometheus was using guns, that's not the case
Taskmaster is a joke, he is literally a comic relief character in the same category as Deadpool, not to be taken seriously in any way, shape or form
#45 Posted by mavfan626 (4125 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @mavfan626 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @mavfan626 said:

That's what just h2h means.. your reply in confessing, "Yeah, real fair" sarcastically then say Taskmaster still gets one-shotted.. .. show me a scan where DD kicked his ***.. Elektra is one the best MA in MU and there 1 for 1.. Black Swan's family have been assassin's for 400 years passing it down from generation to generation and Taskmaster also emitted that he underestimated Black Swan.. Deadpool couldn't beat Taskmaster until he change to an unpredictable fight style and the other time is PIS..    And what are you talking about "seriously"? Taskmaster blocks multiple bullet chains and can catch a single bullet.. he can fight at x2 speed.. he one shotted Iron Man using Captain America sheild wielding style..  Taskmaster isn't a joke.. "
You're basically handicapping one character to give the other an advantage, if you strip Prom of his gear then you would have to strip Taskmaster of his ability to copy moves. Deadpool and Black Swan both show that Taskmaster is RIDICULOUSLY over reliant on his gimmick then his actual skill. Elektra isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel, she can't even handle Bullseye in a serious fight.  That just shows what level of skill Taskmaster really has   That would be helpful if Prometheus was using guns, that's not the case Taskmaster is a joke, he is literally a comic relief character in the same category as Deadpool, not to be taken seriously in any way, shape or form "
Do you really believe that.. or are you some Prometheus fanboy?
#46 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @mavfan626 said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

" @mavfan626 said:

You're basically handicapping one character to give the other an advantage, if you strip Prom of his gear then you would have to strip Taskmaster of his ability to copy moves. Deadpool and Black Swan both show that Taskmaster is RIDICULOUSLY over reliant on his gimmick then his actual skill. Elektra isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel, she can't even handle Bullseye in a serious fight.  That just shows what level of skill Taskmaster really has   That would be helpful if Prometheus was using guns, that's not the case Taskmaster is a joke, he is literally a comic relief character in the same category as Deadpool, not to be taken seriously in any way, shape or form "
Do you really believe that.. or are you some Prometheus fanboy? "
I believe it because it's absolutely true, I've already had a long discussion about Taskmaster with you before.
As far as Prometheus goes, it's hard to be a fanboy of a character who's only appeared in like, 10 comics
#47 Edited by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the fact i know nothing about Promethus, and he has only ever been in ten issues it is safe to say he will lose due to lack of showing, TM may have bad showing but he has good ones too

No i really cant say, as i have no clue is Promethus would be a good fight or not

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (37878 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus should take it

#49 Posted by k4tzm4n (43662 posts) - - Show Bio
@crackerjack82 said:
"Based on the fact i know nothing about Promethus, and he has only ever been in ten issues it is safe to say he will lose due to lack of showing, TM may have bad showing but he has good ones too  No i really cant say, as i have no clue is Promethus would be a good fight or not "

I'm sorry, but someone can't lose because of lack of showing.  If he's CLEARLY above Taskmaster in those 10 showings, that's all the proof you need. 

It's almost like if there was CV back when Galactus and Silver Surfer made their first appearances. 
Batman VS Galactus 
"Well, we just met Galactus, so Batman wins." 
See how that doesn't work? ; )
Staff
#50 Posted by ThaMessenger07 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Prometheus wins based on his several impressive feats in such a short time frame. He is a prep master so that could be his down fall since he has none here.

I'm not big on the whole he beat the JLA thing since that is kind of DC's shtick. They love introducing or revitalizing a character by making him beat the whole team when he clearly shouldn't, it is a recurring case of PIS for them. Just My opinion though.