Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Static Shock
@Zoom said:
" Which is also crap because Taskmaster has demolished characters that Moon Knight has zero advantages over. "
Agreed.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#152  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Taskmaster has never faced an opponent like Bane before

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Taskmaster has never faced an opponent like Bane before "
What does Bane bring to the table that will be foreign to Taskmaster?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
What does Bane bring to the table that will be foreign to Taskmaster? "
Hurrr He broke the Bat hurrr
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

LOL Ferro..

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Bane fights just like Batman he learns as he fights and takes it all in and exploits weaknesses he discovers he really fights 80% brain 20% brawn. Not to mention if he gets just one good grip on Taskmasters arm he will easily tear it off since that is a common tactic of his in fights it is a skill in one of the MA he has learned
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Bane fights just like Batman he learns as he fights and takes it all in and exploits weaknesses he discovers he really fights 80% brain 20% brawn. Not to mention if he gets just one good grip on Taskmasters arm he will easily tear it off since that is a common tactic of his in fights it is a skill in one of the MA he has learned "
1.Bane and Batman aren't in the same league as far as fighting skill. 
2.Exploiting weaknesses is something that pretty much every martial artist does. 
3.I doubt that with Taskmaster's dodging ability..he will get grabbed.  

The more accurate statement is Bane never faced anyone like Taskmaster.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Bane fights just like Batman he learns as he fights and takes it all in and exploits weaknesses he discovers he really fights 80% brain 20% brawn. Not to mention if he gets just one good grip on Taskmasters arm he will easily tear it off since that is a common tactic of his in fights it is a skill in one of the MA he has learned "
1.Bane and Batman aren't in the same league as far as fighting skill. 2.Exploiting weaknesses is something that pretty much every martial artist does. 3.I doubt that with Taskmaster's dodging ability..he will get grabbed.   The more accurate statement is Bane never faced anyone like Taskmaster. "
Bane and Batman are pretty close they never even had a fair fight to see how they would do and while Batman was spying on Bane and a bunch of other thugs as Matches Malone Bane recognized him stealthed his way out of Batman's sight snuck up and one shotted him
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
1.Bane and Batman aren't in the same league as far as fighting skill. 2.Exploiting weaknesses is something that pretty much every martial artist does. 3.I doubt that with Taskmaster's dodging ability..he will get grabbed.   The more accurate statement is Bane never faced anyone like Taskmaster. "
Bane and Batman are pretty close they never even had a fair fight to see how they would do and while Batman was spying on Bane and a bunch of other thugs as Matches Malone Bane recognized him stealthed his way out of Batman's sight snuck up and one shotted him
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160  Edited By Lupine
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Agreed. Taskmaster's ability is just insane when you think about any martial artist going against it. Basically if you give him enough time in a fight he reads you like a book and marks your name on the chapter. Something he's done to a lot of marvel greats. Bane would technically be fighting many different people all at once, with them being the same guy. Even Batman hasn't run into that yet. 

Bane has impressed me really, but the more I think about this, the more I think Taskmaster, even if Gambler keeps me thinking with his question about Taskmaster learning from Melee.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Bane and Batman are pretty close they never even had a fair fight to see how they would do and while Batman was spying on Bane and a bunch of other thugs as Matches Malone Bane recognized him stealthed his way out of Batman's sight snuck up and one shotted him "
No..really they aren't.Batman is elite,Bane is not.This is almost like comparing Crossbones to Captain America.Yes,Crossbones gives him trouble in every fighter plus he has credible showings and has beaten Cap.Viewing the whole scale of their showings.It's obvious they are on two different levels.It's the same with Bane.Bane has done well against Batman but he's really done nothing to prove he's in his league as far as fighting skill.In all honesty I don't even think Bane is better than Dick Grayson let alone close to Bruce.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By AtPhantom

What's up with all the double posts?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#163  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom said:
" What's up with all the double posts? "
probably the vine being stupid

@Vance Astro:
I actually think a good argument could be made for Bane over Grayson, but I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" What's up with all the double posts? "
Comicvine is slow as hell so when I posted,I clicked on "Post Reply" more than once because it was still loading.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#165  Edited By Zoom
@Ferro Vida said:
"Hurrr He broke the Bat hurrr "

LMAO
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: The reason Bane keeps up with Batman is because of his brain he is smarter than Batman in allot of areas and is a better tactician and probably equal detective all that he uses when he fights. He has out smarted the likes of Batman, Tim Drake, and Ras Al' Ghul a number of times
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: The reason Bane keeps up with Batman is because of his brain he is smarter than Batman in allot of areas and is a better tactician and probably equal detective all that he uses when he fights. He has out smarted the likes of Batman, Tim Drake, and Ras Al' Ghul a number of times
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#168  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: The reason Bane keeps up with Batman is because of his brain he is smarter than Batman in allot of areas and is a better tactician and probably equal detective all that he uses when he fights. He has out smarted the likes of Batman, Tim Drake, and Ras Al' Ghul a number of times "
I am not a Bane expert but this post seems to be a bit of an exaggeration for Bane. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: The reason Bane keeps up with Batman is because of his brain he is smarter than Batman in allot of areas and is a better tactician and probably equal detective all that he uses when he fights. He has out smarted the likes of Batman, Tim Drake, and Ras Al' Ghul a number of times "
I am not a Bane expert but this post seems to be a bit of an exaggeration for Bane.  "
It is not
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus:  
You will forgive me if I do not trust you, the single person in this thread that has posted such claims about Bane. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  You will forgive me if I do not trust you, the single person in this thread that has posted such claims about Bane.  "
It is not and here is why he deduced Batman's identity over the TV in his prison cell he was able to Batman was matches Malone just by the way he walks, he has been training pushing his body and mind to superhuman limits since he was 8. He has read millions of books and memorizes each word because he has a photographic memory. His tactical skills put Batman in the worst trap he as ever been in is his life followed by his humiliating defeat he has bested Ras in Chess and has used his tactics and stealth to break out of Ras's main prison completely undetected. He knows over nine languages including a dead one that has not been spoken for over one hundred years. He was classically taught the art of philosophy by a bunch of world renowned priests one priest taught him a way to read by running his fingers over freshly written paper by feeling the indents it took the priest years to master took Bane about a week. He also never sleeps instead he meditates to conserve and restore energy and boost his minds capacity
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
Pretty much all of this is false.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  You will forgive me if I do not trust you, the single person in this thread that has posted such claims about Bane.  "
It is not and here is why he deduced Batman's identity over the TV in his prison cell he was able to Batman was matches Malone just by the way he walks, he has been training pushing his body and mind to superhuman limits since he was 8. He has read millions of books and memorizes each word because he has a photographic memory. His tactical skills put Batman in the worst trap he as ever been in is his life followed by his humiliating defeat he has bested Ras in Chess and has used his tactics and stealth to break out of Ras's main prison completely undetected. He knows over nine languages including a dead one that has not been spoken for over one hundred years. He was classically taught the art of philosophy by a bunch of world renowned priests one priest taught him a way to read by running his fingers over freshly written paper by feeling the indents it took the priest years to master took Bane about a week. He also never sleeps instead he meditates to conserve and restore energy and boost his minds capacity "
You're calling what Bane did in Knightfall a tactical feat?  

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Pretty much all of this is false. "
Not really Bane might not know computer and chemistry as well as Batman but he is more attuned on other subjects I explained in my post above all Batman has said how close they are how dangerous Bane's mind is as well has Ras that is Bane's thing is to threaten Batman on a tactical and mental stand point all Bat villains have there thing I do not even see why I try to argue for Bane everyone will never get over there view of him as just some dumb wrestler when he had a whole origin story to prove his mind was pushed to the limits and beyond
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: Did you read Knightfall it was a a tactical feat from day one he set up everything he freeded everyone in Arkham and then played them and Batman like pawns in chess until Batman was too tired to fight
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Pretty much all of this is false. "
Not really Bane might not know computer and chemistry as well as Batman but he is more attuned on other subjects I explained in my post above all Batman has said how close they are how dangerous Bane's mind is as well has Ras that is Bane's thing is to threaten Batman on a tactical and mental stand point all Bat villains have there thing I do not even see why I try to argue for Bane everyone will never get over there view of him as just some dumb wrestler when he had a whole origin story to prove his mind was pushed to the limits and beyond "
Batman can say whatever he wants..Bane isn't above him in anything.He may be comparable but he doesn't have the feats for you to say he's above him in anything but strength.Villains set traps for heroes all of the time.Typhiod Mary set one for Daredevil that put him in a lot worse predicament than Bats and Knightfall.That doesn't mean she's a better tactician or is smarter than him. 

@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: Did you read Knightfall it was a a tactical feat from day one he set up everything he freeded everyone in Arkham and then played them and Batman like pawns in chess until Batman was too tired to fight "
Yes,I read Knightfall.It was really no different than any other villains plan to take out their nemesis.In fact the instance I named above was exactly like this,instead Typhoid Mary didn't break DD's back..she killed him.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: Bane could very well have killed him but instead he choose something even worse humiliating him infront of Gotham showing Gotham that Batman was weak. Typhoid Mary did nothing like what Bane did in Knighfall like I said Bane commanded everything he made every move into his favor like chess. Batman does not lie he tells it as it is he will tell Tim he sucks he will tell Cassie she is not doing her best he will say he can not take Deathstroke or Prometheus in a fair fight so Batman's word is more than good. Bane's tactical genius shows up all the time in Secret Six when planning raids and using certain characters advantages and working around there weaknesses. Bane trained his mind reading on war and tactics his whole time in prison since he taught himself to read while Bruce was a child.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro: Bane could very well have killed him but instead he choose something even worse humiliating him infront of Gotham showing Gotham that Batman was weak. Typhoid Mary did nothing like what Bane did in Knighfall like I said Bane commanded everything he made every move into his favor like chess. Batman does not lie he tells it as it is he will tell Tim he sucks he will tell Cassie she is not doing her best he will say he can not take Deathstroke or Prometheus in a fair fight so Batman's word is more than good. Bane's tactical genius shows up all the time in Secret Six when planning raids and using certain characters advantages and working around there weaknesses. Bane trained his mind reading on war and tactics his whole time in prison since he taught himself to read while Bruce was a child. "

On another note..since this isn't really about Batman or anyone else.To not go off on a tangent about unrelated things.Even if Bane was better than Batman or even close to him as a combatant..that doesn't make him able to defeat Taskmaster.Taskmaster isn't Batman or anything like him.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: I never said who would win I am just saying Bane is not as pathetic as people put him out to be
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#180  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

After re-reading my Taskmaster material for the Wolverine VS Taskmaster thread, I have to give the slim majority to Bane.  Why?  Number one, he does indeed have the hand-to-hand capabilities to at least hold his own, but what gives him the huge edge is the fact that: 
A) Taskmaster is unarmed, making his blows far less powerful (ie no shield, sword) 
B) Bane is on venom, granting him greater durability, thus making Taskmaster even less effective. 
C) Bane is certainly a credible threat.  There is a reason Lex Luthor used him as his personal body guard. 
D) Bane is literally a genius who adapts in his fights, as well.  Taskmaster will get his hits in, but nothing that will really have a great impact on Bane...Where-as Bane essentially needs one to two tags to end this bout...Which I'm fairly certain, he's capable of doing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Vance Astro: I never said who would win I am just saying Bane is not as pathetic as people put him out to be "

I'm aware of that.I was only saying that he's not as close to Batman as you think he is.If you asked everyone to make a top 10 list of martial artists in the DCU.I doubt that even people who are knowledgeable of what Bane is capable of will put him on it.But Batman's presence on the list is guaranteed.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
" After re-reading my Taskmaster material for the Wolverine VS Taskmaster thread, I have to give the slim majority to Bane.  Why?  Number one, he does indeed have the hand-to-hand capabilities to at least hold his own, but what gives him the huge edge is the fact that: 
A) Taskmaster is unarmed, making his blows far less powerful (ie no shield, sword) 
B) Bane is on venom, granting him greater durability, thus making Taskmaster even less effective. C) Bane is certainly a credible threat.  There is a reason Lex Luthor used him as his personal body guard. D) Bane is literally a genius who adapts in his fights, as well.  Taskmaster will get his hits in, but nothing that will really have a great impact on Bane...Where-as Bane essentially needs one to two tags to end this bout...Which I'm fairly certain, he's capable of doing. "
Does the venom make Bane immune to nerve strikes and other lethal blows that do not have to work around the enhanced muscle mass? What is keeping Taskmaster from kicking out the tube to Bane's head other than Bane's fists?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@erik said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" After re-reading my Taskmaster material for the Wolverine VS Taskmaster thread, I have to give the slim majority to Bane.  Why?  Number one, he does indeed have the hand-to-hand capabilities to at least hold his own, but what gives him the huge edge is the fact that: 
B) Bane is on venom, granting him greater durability, thus making Taskmaster even less effective. C) Bane is certainly a credible threat.  There is a reason Lex Luthor used him as his personal body guard. D) Bane is literally a genius who adapts in his fights, as well.  Taskmaster will get his hits in, but nothing that will really have a great impact on Bane...Where-as Bane essentially needs one to two tags to end this bout...Which I'm fairly certain, he's capable of doing. "
Does the venom make Bane immune to nerve strikes and other lethal blows that do not have to work around the enhanced muscle mass? What is keeping Taskmaster from kicking out the tube to Bane's head other than Bane's fists? "

No, but we've never seen Taskmaster use a nerve strike in actual combat.  We know he knows them, but has never demonstrated the ability in an actual bout.  The cords were cut once, here Taskmaster is unarmed...For him to just grab on to the tubing and pull with all of his strength won't be an easy fight, unless of course Bane decides not to fight back =P
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
No, but I've never seen Taskmaster use a nerve strike in actual combat.
Fixed...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:

" @erik said:

" @k4tzm4n said:
Does the venom make Bane immune to nerve strikes and other lethal blows that do not have to work around the enhanced muscle mass? What is keeping Taskmaster from kicking out the tube to Bane's head other than Bane's fists? "

No, but we've never seen Taskmaster use a nerve strike in actual combat.  We know he knows them, but has never demonstrated the ability in an actual bout.  The cords were cut once, here Taskmaster is unarmed...For him to just grab on to the tubing and pull with all of his strength won't be an easy fight, unless of course Bane decides not to fight back =P "
If we know he knows them, why would we not assume he would use them once he discovers that his normal strikes are not as effective as he wants? As for Bane having his tubes cut only once, I am not saying Taskmaster can cut them, I am saying what is stopping Taskmaster from kicking it right out of Bane's head or from anywhere for that matter? The tube is completely unprotected save for Bane's fighting skill. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@erik said:
"@k4tzm4n said:

" @erik said:

" @k4tzm4n said:

No, but we've never seen Taskmaster use a nerve strike in actual combat.  We know he knows them, but has never demonstrated the ability in an actual bout.  The cords were cut once, here Taskmaster is unarmed...For him to just grab on to the tubing and pull with all of his strength won't be an easy fight, unless of course Bane decides not to fight back =P "
If we know he knows them, why would we not assume he would use them once he discovers that his normal strikes are not as effective as he wants? As for Bane having his tubes cut only once, I am not saying Taskmaster can cut them, I am saying what is stopping Taskmaster from kicking it right out of Bane's head or from anywhere for that matter? The tube is completely unprotected save for Bane's fighting skill.  "
Why hasn't Batman been able to accomplish such?  Also, you would assume Taskmaster would want to use it when facing off against the likes of Daredevil in their three encounters...But he didn't.  Nor have I seen him use them in his other battles, only the strike which jams a person's nose into their brain.  And "save for Bane's fighting skill" is a rather big factor, wouldn't you say so?
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
No, but I've never seen Taskmaster use a nerve strike in actual combat.
Fixed... "

When have you seen him use a nerve strike in combat

AdlinShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By AdlinShadow

It's obvious, taskmaster. He is faster and would eventually rip out the venom tube.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@AdlinShadow said:
"It's obvious, taskmaster. He is faster and would eventually rip out the venom tube. "

Taskmaster has only demonstrated his "super speed" in Agent X and his own run.  He has never shown that ability outside of that material, so we must assume he no longer uses it (or its simply being disregarded).  Also, just "ripping it out" wouldn't be an easy feat.  Bane isn't just going to stand around and let him do such.  He's been able to beat and give good fights to both Wayne and Azrael when off venom...What makes you think Taskmaster can win when he's unarmed and against a venom-induced Bane?
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

Tasky would beat Banes ass

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*facepalm*

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@k4tzm4n said:
" @AdlinShadow said:
"It's obvious, taskmaster. He is faster and would eventually rip out the venom tube. "

Taskmaster has only demonstrated his "super speed" in Agent X and his own run.  He has never shown that ability outside of that material, so we must assume he no longer uses it (or its simply being disregarded).  Also, just "ripping it out" wouldn't be an easy feat.  Bane isn't just going to stand around and let him do such.  He's been able to beat and give good fights to both Wayne and Azrael when off venom...What makes you think Taskmaster can win when he's unarmed and against a venom-induced Bane? "
Not to mention Azrael has super speed and strength
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#192  Edited By Zoom

Since when?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Zoom said:
" Since when? "
John Paul Valley was born with modifications to make him physically superior to humans
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Azrael was also on venom when he faced a venomless Bane.
MadHatter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#195  Edited By MadHatter2

@AdlinShadow: ive said this befor 2 u adlin. Tasky can throw some punches at cap... but keep in mind Bane got his own saga, Waltsed in to The Batcave, AND Broke Batman's back. It took azrael, batgirl, And Batman to beat him. BANE WINS!!!! Then again, Tasky has musle memory, so I claim TIE!

chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By chris thompson

Taskmaster
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@chris thompson:
I'd ask you why but you only seem to state who wins and never return...
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By FinalStar86

Bane
I don't see Tasky hurting him while he's on the venom, he would have enough trouble hurting him while off of it.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By never give up

bump

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#200  Edited By darktiger

Tasky takes this he is faster,and combat skills are just better then bane but it would be a hard fight