#1 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle takes place in an abandoned warehouse .
Both combatants are unarmed .
They start off from 20 feet apart .
Fight won through K.O or Death .
Bane has Venom .
It is a random encounter .

Taskmaster 

VS

Bane

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually pretty torn here.  Taskmaster is clearly the superior fighter and will land a lot of hits, but Bane on venom will be more than capable of taking them, and eventually landing hits of his own.  While Taskmaster will be able to read him for awhile, Bane is an intellectual man that will see his methods are clearly not working, and switch things up (perhaps by using weapons in the environment or changing his form).  Its just a matter of if Bane can remain at decent health until that occurs, and due to his showings of durability off of venom, I think he can.
Staff
#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Bane can take this especially given the environment and his showing mentally under pressure

#4 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"
I'm actually pretty torn here.  Taskmaster is clearly the superior fighter and will land a lot of hits, but Bane on venom will be more than capable of taking them, and eventually landing hits of his own.  While Taskmaster will be able to read him for awhile, Bane is an intellectual man that will see his methods are clearly not working, and switch things up (perhaps by using weapons in the environment or changing his form).  Its just a matter of if Bane can remain at decent health until that occurs, and due to his showings of durability off of venom, I think he can. "
Hasnt Taskmaster managed to hurt Captain America with his blows in H2H ? if so he should be capable of doing the same to Bane , even if Cap isn't as durable as Bane he is still fairly durable and more skilled which should count for something .
#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"
I'm actually pretty torn here.  Taskmaster is clearly the superior fighter and will land a lot of hits, but Bane on venom will be more than capable of taking them, and eventually landing hits of his own.  While Taskmaster will be able to read him for awhile, Bane is an intellectual man that will see his methods are clearly not working, and switch things up (perhaps by using weapons in the environment or changing his form).  Its just a matter of if Bane can remain at decent health until that occurs, and due to his showings of durability off of venom, I think he can. "
Hasnt Taskmaster managed to hurt Captain America with his blows in H2H ? if so he should be capable of doing the same to Bane , even if Cap isn't as durable as Bane he is still fairly durable and more skilled which should count for something . "

I'm not saying he's weak...He even knows a move that can kill a man in one strike...But bane OFF of venom has a high tolerance for pain and a VERY strong durability.  He remained consicious through a torture which left him chained upright and had (IIRC) dozens of bricks thrown at him.  Despite the torture, he managed to remain focused and used his own blood as a lubricant to slip his wrist out of the chains, and take one of the captors hostage.  He's also taken a bullet to the shoulder and acted completely unphased by it.  Keep in mind, this is all off venom.  On venom, his durability goes up, and he's granted a slight healing factor. 
Staff
#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

*conscious
Staff
#7 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Need durability scans?

#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Need durability scans? "

Feel free, although I'd hope my word would be enough lol
Staff
#9 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
"Need durability scans? "
Feel free, although I'd hope my word would be enough lol "
I will hold off ........... until later
#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

If Taskmaster had his shield or sword, there is no doubt in my mind he'd take it...But since they're both unarmed, Bane should take 6.5-7, due to the reasons I've already presented, IMO.
Staff
#11 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"
Hasnt Taskmaster managed to hurt Captain America with his blows in H2H ? if so he should be capable of doing the same to Bane , even if Cap isn't as durable as Bane he is still fairly durable and more skilled which should count for something . "

I'm not saying he's weak...He even knows a move that can kill a man in one strike...But bane OFF of venom has a high tolerance for pain and a VERY strong durability.  He remained consicious through a torture which left him chained upright and had (IIRC) dozens of bricks thrown at him.  Despite the torture, he managed to remain focused and used his own blood as a lubricant to slip his wrist out of the chains, and take one of the captors hostage.  He's also taken a bullet to the shoulder and acted completely unphased by it.  Keep in mind, this is all off venom.  On venom, his durability goes up, and he's granted a slight healing factor.  "
Well im no expert on Bane so ill take your word for it , though Taskmaster has dealt with Deadpool who is possibly more Durable than Bane but i cannot remember if any of Taskmasters encounters with Deadpool were unarmed H2H .....
#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

I'm not saying he's weak...He even knows a move that can kill a man in one strike...But bane OFF of venom has a high tolerance for pain and a VERY strong durability.  He remained consicious through a torture which left him chained upright and had (IIRC) dozens of bricks thrown at him.  Despite the torture, he managed to remain focused and used his own blood as a lubricant to slip his wrist out of the chains, and take one of the captors hostage.  He's also taken a bullet to the shoulder and acted completely unphased by it.  Keep in mind, this is all off venom.  On venom, his durability goes up, and he's granted a slight healing factor.  "
Well im no expert on Bane so ill take your word for it , though Taskmaster has dealt with Deadpool who is possibly more Durable than Bane but i cannot remember if any of Taskmasters encounters with Deadpool were unarmed H2H ..... "

Taskmaster has only defeated Deadpool once, and he did so with his sword.
Staff
#13 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Well im no expert on Bane so ill take your word for it , though Taskmaster has dealt with Deadpool who is possibly more Durable than Bane but i cannot remember if any of Taskmasters encounters with Deadpool were unarmed H2H ..... "
DP has human durability he just has basically instant healing
#14 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

DP has human durability he just has basically instant healing "
Which should effect his Durability surely ? ive seen him knocked out by punches but he seems to be capable of surviving deadly lacerations , im sure the healing factor has some sort of positive effect on his durability however minor it may be .
#15 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Taskmaster has only defeated Deadpool once, and he did so with his sword. "
Yeah i couldn't remember if that encounter was H2H or with his sword , well if that's the case im rather stumped since most of what ive read with Taskmaster are in his Deadpool appearances and his mini that came before Cable and Deadpool .
#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Which should effect his Durability surely ? ive seen him knocked out by punches but he seems to be capable of surviving deadly lacerations , im sure the healing factor has some sort of positive effect on his durability however minor it may be . "

He survives them, but as they heal he still feels the pain and is hindered by the wounds.  Unfortunately, not all writers do a good job of demonstrating this...Some have him go completely unphased by stab wounds, which makes virtually no sense.  However, the last issue of Cable and Deadpool has a good example.  The symbiote stabs several tendrils through his upper and mid body.  He remains standing, but his dialogue box shows he's clearly suffering from it and in a weakened state.
Staff
#17 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane .

#18 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Which should effect his Durability surely ? ive seen him knocked out by punches but he seems to be capable of surviving deadly lacerations , im sure the healing factor has some sort of positive effect on his durability however minor it may be . "
He survives them, but as they heal he still feels the pain and is hindered by the wounds.  Unfortunately, not all writers do a good job of demonstrating this...Some have him go completely unphased by stab wounds, which makes virtually no sense.  However, the last issue of Cable and Deadpool has a good example.  The symbiote stabs several tendrils through his upper and mid body.  He remains standing, but his dialogue box shows he's clearly suffering from it and in a weakened state. "
Yeah his showings are usually rather inconsistent which is annoying .
#19 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"
Bane is fighting possibly one of the best fighters in Marvel here. There is no way he's going to be able to go toe to toe with this guy long enough figure out that he can read him and by the time he has he'll already have given his best moves away. I don't see Bane lasting more than a couple of minutes against Taskmaster.

@k4tzm4n said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

His supposed "very strong durability" doesn't seem to be enough to stop Batman from kicking his ass. I don't buy it.

Now of course we wait for Klandicar to post his retarded "Bane broke the bat" scans. Yet again.
#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is fighting possibly one of the best fighters in Marvel here.  

He's way up there, certainly not the best though (I know you said one of, just clarifying) 

There is no way he's going to be able to go toe to toe with this guy long enough figure out that he can read him and by the time he has he'll already have given his best moves away. 

1) He can go toe-to-toe with Batman, one of the top h2h combatants in the DC U, but he can't with Taskmaster? 
2) Bane is is genius, both in terms of education and tactical know-how.  He's not going to read Taskmaster, you can't do that unless you're a telepath.  Task has too many moves at his disposal to ever hope to predict him.  However, it won't take long to find out Taskmaster is predicting Bane's style.  Heck, Taskmaster even tends to boast about his abilities during the fight.
3) Taskmaster hasn't used his speed boost since Agent X, so I'm assuming he doesn't have it anymore.  Plus, he's displayed difficulty in KO'ing other street levelers (Daredevil, Deadpool, Agent X, Black Widow).  Like I already stated, he's going to land tons of hits, but its going to take a lot to KO Bane on venom. 

His supposed "very strong durability" doesn't seem to be enough to stop Batman from kicking his ass. I don't buy it. 

You mean the time Bane lost to him after surviving an explosion and still managed to get the upper hand?  Magnus, now is the time to post those scans, lol. 
Staff
#21 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"

Bane is fighting possibly one of the best fighters in Marvel here.  

He's way up there, certainly not the best though (I know you said one of, just clarifying) 

There is no way he's going to be able to go toe to toe with this guy long enough figure out that he can read him and by the time he has he'll already have given his best moves away. 

1) He can go toe-to-toe with Batman, one of the top h2h combatants in the DC U, but he can't with Taskmaster? 
2) Bane is is genius, both in terms of education and tactical know-how.  He's not going to read Taskmaster, you can't do that unless you're a telepath.  Task has too many moves at his disposal to ever hope to predict him.  However, it won't take long to find out Taskmaster is predicting Bane's style.  Heck, Taskmaster even tends to boast about his abilities during the fight.
3) Taskmaster hasn't used his speed boost since Agent X, so I'm assuming he doesn't have it anymore.  Plus, he's displayed difficulty in KO'ing other street levelers (Daredevil, Deadpool, Agent X, Black Widow).  Like I already stated, he's going to land tons of hits, but its going to take a lot to KO Bane on venom. 

You mean the time Bane lost to him after surviving an explosion and still managed to get the upper hand?  Magnus, now is the time to post those scans, lol. 
"
He can still use his speed boost, he just chooses not too because it's hard work and no, I don't think Bane can stand toe to toe with Taskmaster. Ignoring the obvious fights in which he jobs, Taskmaster is extremely hard to bea in close combat unless you're able to fight as unpredictably as the like of Deadpool. I don't think Bane can figure that out, he may be smart but he's also overconfident and vain.

Why would he just suddenly assume that Taskmaster is reading him? He has failed to land hits on other people before now, that didn't suddenly cause him to think "Oh lord, he's reading and recording my every move I better start fighting like a loon". Please don't explain this by using the whole Taskmaster brags excuse, that's done for story sake and to make the fights more interesting. Obviously he wouldn't do that if he was being serious.
#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster is extremely hard to bea in close combat unless you're able to fight as unpredictably as the like of Deadpool. I don't think Bane can figure that out, he may be smart but he's also overconfident and vain. 

Daredevil and Cap have been able to put up good fights against him...Why not Bane?  Bane also has an advantage over the other two, he's now packing two-ton strength, enhanced durability, endurance and a low-level healing factor.  Overconfident and vain? He's extremely focused. 

would he just suddenly assume that Taskmaster is reading him?  

I didn't mean it like that. I was implying after a decent amount of time, due to the fact he can quickly learn and pick up on things.  Also like I said, Taskmaster tends to taunt and boast about his abilities. 

Please don't explain this by using the whole Taskmaster brags excuse, that's done for story sake and to make the fights more interesting. 

Its not done for "story sake", its his personality.  Just because he boasts about his abilities doesn't make it more interesting, its simply how he is.  He clearly enjoys having the upper hand and is quite the show off.  He crumbled and lost all confidence when he faced Mr. X.

Staff
#23 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane while a teenager took out half the prison population by himself with his bare hands and that was off Venom(duh) and before his formal training

#24 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"

Taskmaster is extremely hard to bea in close combat unless you're able to fight as unpredictably as the like of Deadpool. I don't think Bane can figure that out, he may be smart but he's also overconfident and vain. 

Daredevil and Cap have been able to put up good fights against him...Why not Bane?  Bane also has an advantage over the other two, he's now packing two-ton strength, enhanced durability, endurance and a low-level healing factor.  Overconfident and vain? He's extremely focused. 

I didn't mean it like that. I was implying after a decent amount of time, due to the fact he can quickly learn and pick up on things.  Also like I said, Taskmaster tends to taunt and boast about his abilities. 

Please don't explain this by using the whole Taskmaster brags excuse, that's done for story sake and to make the fights more interesting. 

Its not done for "story sake", its his personality.  Just because he boasts about his abilities doesn't make it more interesting, its simply how he is.  He clearly enjoys having the upper hand and is quite the show off.  He crumbled and lost all confidence when he faced Mr. X.      "
Bane isn't on the same level as Daredevil and Cap. They are superior fighters.
#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Its not done for "story sake", its his personality.  Just because he boasts about his abilities doesn't make it more interesting, its simply how he is.  He clearly enjoys having the upper hand and is quite the show off.  He crumbled and lost all confidence when he faced Mr. X.      "
Bane isn't on the same level as Daredevil and Cap. They are superior fighters. "

Are you aware of the extensive training Bane has had?  IIRC, Batman has admitted Bane is his equal.
Staff
#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Bane isn't on the same level as Daredevil and Cap. They are superior fighters. "

And on the same note, there are variables. 
1) Taskmaster had his weapons, here, he does not. I have already stated that if he had them here, he would stomp.  Without them, I only see Bane taking a small majority (since he is on his venom)
2) Again, Bane is on venom, granting him greater durability and strength than Daredevil and Captain America. 
Staff
#27 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Baldy said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Are you aware of the extensive training Bane has had?  IIRC, Batman has admitted Bane is his equal. "
I don't remember this, do you have a scan?

@k4tzm4n said:
" @Baldy said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

And on the same note, there are variables. 1) Taskmaster had his weapons, here, he does not. I have already stated that if he had them here, he would stomp.  Without them, I only see Bane taking a small majority (since he is on his venom)2) Again, Bane is on venom, granting him greater durability and strength than Daredevil and Captain America.  "

If Bane took on either Daredevil or Cap he would lose, boosted or not.

Weapons are pointless. Bane has been beaten before in h2h.
#28 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane has basically the same training as Batman he pushed himself to "perfection" he obsess over Batman because Bane believes Batman is the only other person to ever achieve "perfection" besides himself

#29 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy: Bane's losses are usually do to weapons or that he is severely weakened
#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane isn't on the same level as Daredevil and Cap. They are superior fighters. "Are you aware of the extensive training Bane has had?  IIRC, Batman has admitted Bane is his equal. "I don't remember this, do you have a scan?

As I said "IIRC".  He didn't say it word for word, but Bruce said something that implied that.  It could have been during their BRIEF team up (where they find Bane's father) or even Knightfall. 

If Bane took on either Daredevil or Cap he would lose, boosted or not.

You clearly underestimate Bane.  Off venom, I'd agree...But on gives his opponents a handicap.

Staff
#31 Posted by Timm (255 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight is dead even for the most part. Taskmaster is only ever defeated after beating the crap out of someone first and they usually figure out by the second fight to change their whole style to be unpredictable or trick him in advance... or shoot him with lazers or something cheap. Bane can outsmart anyone given time to think about it and usually drops bombs on people before they figure out whats going on. This being a random encounter seals the deal though. most people figure out Bane's venom thing in a few minutes and a lot of them don't have the skills and agility of Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, or Spider-Man. 

just to be clear, cause i see that at least one guy is all on Bane's nuts... i believe Bane could win this fight, he is a genius, but it being a random first fight, Taskmaster wins on the fact that his ability is a shocker to anyone that is a hand to hand brawler. it would buy him time to figure out the venom thing.

#32 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster has been outsmarted and defeated by the likes of Moon Knight

#33 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the circumstances(Taskmaster without his weapons, and Bane being on venom) I'll give the nod to Bane.
#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

. Bane can outsmart anyone given time to think about it and usually drops bombs on people before they figure out whats going on. This being a random encounter seals the deal though. 

How so? You just said yourself he needs time to figure out whats going on...And in unarmed combat with Bane on venom, he isn't dropping any time soon.

Staff
#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio

just to be clear, cause i see that at least one guy is all on Bane's nuts... 

Saying Bane takes it 6.5/10 because of the OP is being on his nuts?

Staff
#36 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

(Oh, and another small testement of Bane's durability is when he was stabbed in the arm by Catman *again, off venom*, and just casually looked at the knife and pulled it out without so much as a wince)
#37 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster having no weapows gives Bane a huge advantage here,i say Bane 7-7,5/10

#38 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Taskmaster has been outsmarted and defeated by the likes of Moon Knight "
And Deadpool , however some consider it PIS .....
#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziro said:
"(Oh, and another small testement of Bane's durability is when he was stabbed in the arm by Catman *again, off venom*, and just casually looked at the knife and pulled it out without so much as a wince) "

Do you have a scan of this?
Staff
#40 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

High pain threshhold =/= High Durability.

#41 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@Ziro said:
"(Oh, and another small testement of Bane's durability is when he was stabbed in the arm by Catman *again, off venom*, and just casually looked at the knife and pulled it out without so much as a wince) "
Do you have a scan of this? "

I don't. Though if you, or anyone else, happens to have the issue, it's in Secret Six #4(Ice Creeps).
#42 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Taskmaster has been outsmarted and defeated by the likes of Moon Knight "

Don't  be silly.  Taskmaster has beaten Melee, Deadpool and Captain America and made it look easy.  Moon Knight beating Taskmaster is pure PIS.

Taskmaster beats Bane too.
#43 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Taskmaster, rapestomp. "
At least someone thinks taskmaster could win this .
#44 Posted by k4tzm4n (35152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
"@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Taskmaster has been outsmarted and defeated by the likes of Moon Knight "
Don't  be silly.  Taskmaster has beaten Melee, Deadpool and Captain America and made it look easy.  Moon Knight beating Taskmaster is pure PIS.Taskmaster beats Bane too. "

He never really "beat" Cap...He got two hits in and then fled (and he had his full arsenal). He had a relatively balanced match with DD before gaining the upper hand via a choke hold....Something that certain wouldn't work here. Deadpool he also defeated with his sword.
Staff
#45 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Fact of the matter is that modern Taskmaster is a master of every single martial art (on top of having Cap and Daredevil's moves) because he stole those skills from Melee so not having his sword isn't that big of a disadvantage.

Fact of the matter is that Moonknight isn't nearly as big of a challenge as Daredevil or Cap.  Taskmaster has beaten better fighters while beating up another couple heroes at the same time.  Losing to Moon Knight solo is PIS.
#46 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

If Taskmaster gets his regular equipment he easily beats Bane.

#47 Posted by Smokestack (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane would break his back easily.

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smokestack said:
" Bane would break his back easily. "
No he wouldn't. 
#49 Posted by BestChanceThor (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Bane here. I just feel since its h2h that bane would be able to grab taskmaster and once that happens I feel its gg. it'll be hard to grab him but all he needs is one then the backbreaker comes. And just because taskmaster copies DD cap and Spideys moves does not mean he executes them perfectly he doesnt have their natural adroitness.
#50 Posted by Smokestack (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Smokestack said:
" Bane would break his back easily. "
No he wouldn't.  "
Bane already beat Rhino in that other thread.  Of course he will break Task's back.