Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cable_extreme said:

@nightwing737 said:

@jmarshmallow: Batman can't use 127 different fighting styles at one time.

Notice that Deadpool beats Taskmaster because Taskmaster cannot predict him, he cannot know what he is about to do because he switches it up on him and is very unpredictable. However, if Batman catches on (which he will) he can just start randomly switching through styles. Taskmaster would fall before he went through all of them.

That was more PIS than anything. Taskmaster isn't Cassandra Cain. He copies people's fighting styles/abilities. He doesn't really "read" them. So Deadpool being unpredictable shouldn't have stopped him. Plus, he's copied the fighting styles of people like Captain America, Wolverine, and Black Panther (who know all the world's martial arts), so he might even know more than Batman.

Well, I am sure a Deadpool fan would argue that it wasn't PIS since it is often used in debates with Deadpool.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By GhostRavage

@nightwing737 said:

@ghostravage: Udon Taskmaster and Taskmaster are the same, they just look different.

Some UDON feats were retcon'd and some not, but yeah, UDON miniseries and Earth 616 Taskmaster is the same.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve: Sparring and mind control is what I was referring to lol.

The point wasn't so much on whether or not he beat them, moreso that he's used to the concept of someone else knowing your every move before you do.

Jmarshmallow

Hahaha I thought so. I keep seeing people say he's beaten them but no one ever says where. I realized I've never asked.

I know he beat Shiva in Superman/Batman but she was under mind control from Grodd IIRC and even then the comic wasn't exactly the bastion of consistently when it came to characters threat levels.

You're right. No one actually considers that legit though. He drops her in one hit. Lady Shiva. It's so ridiculous.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Wow. I don't think you're doing it on purpose, but you are straw-manning the heck out of this debate.

My point was NOT that he lost to Killimonger. I wasn't putting that fight down in any way. Please look past that.

All I was trying to do was tell you the only instance(I knew of) where BP fought for a long period of time. Honestly it doesn't matter if he lost or not considering the time he was fighting was less than Bats, and he got 1 hour breaks.

And Harley Quinn isn't skilled? The reason she gets "random showings of PIS" is because that PIS is her actual skill level. She's arguably superhuman, considering she can balance herself on one finger, and has taken down some incredibly skilled characters.

Calling it PIS sounds, no disrespect, a little ignorant, since she does it on a regular basis.

But once again, we're getting off topic!

AND WHEN DID I SAY THAT FIGHTING SOME OF THE MARVEL U'S BEST FIGHTERS WASNT A SKILL FEAT?!?!? GAHHHHHH!!

It's okay, it's okay. Water under the bridge...

Just let me get one thing straight....

You refuse/are unable to post a scan that supports that the character you're arguing for can do what the character I'm arguing for can do? So by not providing evidence, you yield that BP has not shown to be able to do that, and therefore is not able to do it feat-wise? Not about to fall under that no-limit fallacy right?

Okay, very good.

Well then, just by that alone, I claim that Bats can fight longer than BP, and even if their martial arts skill is even(which I'm not saying is true, just saying I'm open to hear some good arguments concerning the topic) than that alone puts Bats ahead of BP when it comes to fighting, and disputes the idea that BP is on an entirely different physical playing field than Bats.

And to answer your question, yes, I do love building up my man Bats! And I'm honest about it!

Weird how instead of answering my question, you just felt the need to throw one back in my face though.

No big deal, we're still gravy though!

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jmarshmallow:

I'm honestly starting to wonder if you're just playing dumb, or just plain can't understand me.

Harley Quinn isn't a skilled fighter. Being superhuman doesn't make you a skilled fighter. She gets random, jokey, PIS moments of beating skilled fighters. She doesn't do it consistently, and DC doesn't consider anywhere near being one of their best fighters, and Batman lost to her. So by your logic of a lose is a lose, he isn't skilled because she lost to him.

The last time I talked to you, you said beating skilled fighters isn't a skill feat. Don't know why you're hypocritically running away from your statement now.

And yes, Black Panther is on a completely different physical field than Batman. Batman doesn't have any strength feats that outmatch Black Panther stopping an 8 TON elephant's charge, and you know that.

And I answered your question with a question because your question was utterly asinine.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I'd go with just plain dumb. But what's dumber? The dumb guy, or the guy arguing with a dumb guy?

Not even going to address the Harley Quinn thing, it's an unnecessary distraction, and if you want take it up with @Joygirl

No, I never said that. I ask that you don't put words in my mouth.

And I said nothing about just strength. There are other physical aspects besides strength. Strength really doesn't determine a battle, like with Wolverine and Spider-Man, a battle that's true to your heart.

So my question that innocently asked your opinion is asinine? That's awfully polite.

And you didn't address the endurance fighting issue, so I assume we can move on from that? Sweet.

With love, Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: I'd go with just plain dumb. But what's dumber? The dumb guy, or the guy arguing with a dumb guy?

Not even going to address the Harley Quinn thing, it's an unnecessary distraction, and if you want take it up with @Joygirl

No, I never said that. I ask that you don't put words in my mouth.

And I said nothing about just strength. There are other physical aspects besides strength. Strength really doesn't determine a battle, like with Wolverine and Spider-Man, a battle that's true to your heart.

So my question that innocently asked your opinion is asinine? That's awfully polite.

And you didn't address the endurance fighting issue, so I assume we can move on from that? Sweet.

With love, Jmarshmallow

Oh, so now you dropped the Harley Quinn thing now that you see that you're argument is falling apart, okay.

Yes, you did say that. Stick by your word buddy.

We don't factor "heart" here in the battle forums. That's not a physical attribute. Fact of the matter is, Batman doesn't have an strength or speed feats that outmatch Panther's, and his physical classification (peak human), is inferior to Panther's classification as an enhanced human.

Yes, your question was asinine.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@wolverine08: Harley Quinn went through a Themiscyran boot camp and was their star pupil, and was always a prodigal gymnast on par with or greater than Nightwing/Catwoman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@wolverine08: Harley Quinn went through a Themiscyran boot camp and was their star pupil, and was always a prodigal gymnast on par with or greater than Nightwing/Catwoman.

I'm not saying she's terrible, but she just doesn't cut it as a top tier fighter in my book. I do agree that she's a legit metahuman from the feats I've seen from her.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Joygirl

@wolverine08: She's more than a metahuman. She's an incredibly skilled acrobat since before she got powers, and she has amazon combat training.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Thank you!

As for you @wolverine08:

1). I dropped it because you honestly believe Harley Quinn to be a sub-standard character, and also because it really isn't important to this debate.

2). I didn't say that, and if I did, I ask that you quote me to back up your assertions.

3). ...you misunderstood, you see, I wasn't putting heart into the battle(even though that is a factor), I was saying that Wolverine vs. Spidey is a battle you are familiar and passionate about.

4). Most importantly, it doesn't matter what his "classifications" are, he easily has the feats to compare with Panther speed-wise. A peak-human can still be better than an enhanced human if his feats are better, regardless of some stupid classification system.

5). I'm sorry you feel that way.

Your affectionate Batman-supporter, Jmarshmallow

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Thank you!

As for you @wolverine08:

1). I dropped it because you honestly believe Harley Quinn to be a sub-standard character, and also because it really isn't important to this debate.

2). I didn't say that, and if I did, I ask that you quote me to back up your assertions.

3). ...you misunderstood, you see, I wasn't putting heart into the battle(even though that is a factor), I was saying that Wolverine vs. Spidey is a battle you are familiar and passionate about.

4). Most importantly, it doesn't matter what his "classifications" are, he easily has the feats to compare with Panther speed-wise. A peak-human can still be better than an enhanced human if his feats are better, regardless of some stupid classification system.

5). I'm sorry you feel that way.

Your affectionate Batman-supporter, Jmarshmallow

I'm just going to skip to number 4. Batman doesn't have any speed or strength feats that put him as an equal to Batman.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

he stops at BP

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I brought up how BP had a 13-hour fight against Killmonger, and added on that he lost. Wolverine countered that he lost because of a distraction, and I told him how that wasn't the point, and either way a loss is a loss.

Then he basically said "Well Harley Quinn has beat Batman, so if a loss is a loss than Batman is worse than BP because Harley Quinn isn't a skilled character, Na-Na-Na-Na-Na Boo Boo."

I didn't feel like going off on a rant about an unrelated topic, so I said if he really wants to discuss Quinn just talk to you.

And BAM! Here you are!

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Skip #4, and ignore every other point? Cool. They really weren't important anyway I suppose.

Well, let's do this whole thing again.

You show me BP's best speed feats, and I bet I can counter it with Bats best speed feats.

I would argue Bats is equal, if not better.

Jmarshmallow

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Skip #4, and ignore every other point? Cool. They really weren't important anyway I suppose.

Well, let's do this whole thing again.

You show me BP's best speed feats, and I bet I can counter it with Bats best speed feats.

I would argue Bats is equal, if not better.

Jmarshmallow

As a person with an insane amount of scans for both, enough to start a respect thread, I can say that no, you can't. BP's much faster.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Ah, okay then. ^_^ Well yeah, Harley has beaten Batman a few times, because she's, y'know, much tougher than him. Not as SKILLEDZ but plenty skilled and intelligent on her own, as well as stronger/faster/etc.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I beg to differ!

But I'm open to the fact that I could be wrong!

Jmarshmallow

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden: I beg to differ!

But I'm open to the fact that I could be wrong!

Jmarshmallow

*sigh* ok fine.

Ok he's said to be as fast as an actual Black Panther, is as fast as Sabretooth, catches 2 projectiles thrown with the accuracy of bullseye, jumps inside Invisible Woman's forcefield before she closes it, outmaneuvers Human Torch, takes out Cyclops before he can fire his blast, and moves so fast he causes someone to stab themselves.

He has a ton of bullet doding ones, but so does Batman. I'd say these ones would put hi above his paygrade.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@darkraiden: Some of those were more so agility feats, but that's absolutely fine with me!

In the order that I (tried) to make them appear:

1.While weakened he flips over a speeding car that attempts to run him over AND takes out the thugs inside the car using gas in the process!

2. Dodges Mr. Freeze's ice blasts shot at point blank range.

3.While on a rooftop observing from a distance, a ROOKIE Batman moves fast enough to save an old woman from being run down by an out of control high speeding truck at the last second.

4. Despite having his back broken, he is fast enough to catch, without looking, a ball hit by a baseball bat when it's inches away from his face.

5. Catches Night Slayer's thrown dagger before it hits it's intended target.

6. Steals the gun from a government agents own holster before without him even noticing.

7. Despite being surrounded and greatly outnumbered by many armed(albeit fodder) guards, he's able to rush and disarm them before they can react.

8. Steals Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern power ring off his finger before he can react or even knows what's happened.

9. In the time it takes a monk to blink, Bats is able to switch his cup with superhuman-like speed, thus making sure it's the monk who drinks the poison he himself put in Batman's cup.

10. Surprise-attacked by the Composite Superman (artificial life form created with the DNA of, among others, Batman and Superman), Bats is quick enough to first dodge his heat-vision, than to reflect it back to him with a lead-backed mirror.

11. Proves fast enough to dodge then catch/take down Kid Flash (Wally West) with a single blow, take down Wonder Girl seemingly using her own momentum against her via her lasso, and break Speedy's gas arrow before he can fire a shot at him causing the gas to backfire.

12. And one of my personal favorites, able to duck out of the away of Superman's super speed punch from behind him. Yes, it is noted how Dessad's mind control slowed him down a bit. But still, dodging Superman? That totally trumps anything BP can do.

13. And while this one could be argued to be a stealth feat, I still think being able to escape from the Flash(Jay Garrick) should definitely say something about Bat's speed, given that Flash was looking all around for him.

As you said, he also has TONS more dodging feats, and I'll post those later if you'd really like, but nothing that you posted about BP can top some of the things I posted, like catching Kid Flash, evading Flash, and dodging a BLOODLUSTED mind-controlled Supes punch.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: The only impressive ones are PIS shows and things that I specifically avoided. Yeah if you use PIS Bats is pretty fast. But then again Deathstroke beats the tar out of him so he's not so fast anymore. Even Killer Croc laid him out before.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Nothing I showed was PIS, because he does things like that consistently.

But either way, it just shows that Bats is at least as fast as BP, and by the feats shown Bats is actually faster. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its PIS.

And lol on the Deathstroke comment. He tags the Flash, so I don't really see how getting beat by him is a bad-showing, especially since Deathstroke has said that if he didn't have his enhancements, Bats would wipe the floor with him.

And I don't recall Killer Croc ever "laying him out" in a bout of speed. If you wouldn't mind showing me a scan of that, I'd be grateful.

Jmarshmallow

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Nothing I showed was PIS, because he does things like that consistently.

But either way, it just shows that Bats is at least as fast as BP, and by the feats shown Bats is actually faster. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its PIS.

And lol on the Deathstroke comment. He tags the Flash, so I don't really see how getting beat by him is a bad-showing, especially since Deathstroke has said that if he didn't have his enhancements, Bats would wipe the floor with him.

And I don't recall Killer Croc ever "laying him out" in a bout of speed. If you wouldn't mind showing me a scan of that, I'd be grateful.

Jmarshmallow

Dodging Heat vision is PIS, as is tagging Flash and dodging supes

Same way I didn't bring up Black panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar

There, Killer Croc snatching Robin out the air, goign head up with Bats and even beating him kinda

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#77 god_spawn  Moderator

Since it is a gauntlet and nothing is stated about rest or Taskmaster starting fresh, expect that Taskmaster will continue down each opponent with whatever bumps, bruises, and broken bones he might get. Since no one has weapons, he takes Frank rather handily. If he isn't being cocky, which is a major flaw that has costed him quite a few fights, then he can arguably beat Batman due to being slightly more skilled. If he goes in acting like the king of the ring, he will get beat by Bruce. If he somehow gets past Batman, he isn't taking Panther due to the amount of damage already sustained.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: The fact that he dodges heat vision consistently, and outmaneuvered Flash multiple times shows that it's not PIS.

I think you're mistaking PIS for "incredibly OP."

And you could say whatever you'd like about Black Panther armbar, and I would be completely fine with that! It's not a speed feat, or a strength feat, it's a knowledge feat. He knows the right position to put the body so that it doesn't matter how powerful you are, if you have a humanoid shape he can restrain you.

And it looked like Bats always ended up having the upper hand, and getting hit by Killer Croc isn't bad considering Killer Croc would actually be a reallllly tough character if he didn't job all the time.

Sooo, my argument and feats still stand. Bat's speed is = or > BP's speed.

Whoop Whoop!

Jmarshmallow

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden: The fact that he dodges heat vision consistently, and outmaneuvered Flash multiple times shows that it's not PIS.

And you could say whatever you'd like about Black Panther armbar, and I would be completely fine with that! It's not a speed feat, or a strength feat, it's a knowledge feat. He knows the right position to put the body so that it doesn't matter how powerful you are, if you have a humanoid shape he can restrain you.

And it looked like Bats always ended up having the upper hand, and getting hit by Killer Croc isn't bad considering Killer Croc would actually be a reallllly tough character if he didn't job all the time.

Whoop Whoop!

Jmarshmallow

You're trolling aren't you <_<.

One can't be hit by slow Killer Croc and tag Flash/dodge heat vision and either be consistent. That's just nonsensical.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Not so much trolling. Just being difficult lol.

He gets tagged by Croc because using speed and agility against him isn't necessary. With Killer Croc, all he really has to do is outsmart him. If he got BEAT by Croc, then you would have a valid point.

Getting hit really isn't a big deal. I think you're overdramatizing it!

Jmarshmallow

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Not so much trolling. Just being difficult lol.

He gets tagged by Croc because using speed and agility against him isn't necessary. With Killer Croc, all he really has to do is outsmart him. If he got BEAT by Croc, then you would have a valid point.

Getting hit really isn't a big deal. I think you're overdramatizing it!

Jmarshmallow

Croc did beat him like once or twice out of those scans. And if you can dodge FTL heat vision, why would you let Killer Croc hit you when he's strong enough that each hit can be devastating?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: What? In the end of each one he won?

And I can easily answer your question.

BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN.

Jmarshmallow

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Silverrings

If Taskmaster can successfully copy the moves of each guy he defeats as he goes along then he should really be able to take them all down, after some pretty hardcore fights. Of course, he'd need a good enough base of skills from other people he's copied to achieve that, too, so it kinda relies on that. The lack of equipment also gives him an edge, as some of his opponents rely on their gear quite a lot.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoop Whoop!

Jmarshmallow

Black Panther' s speed feats such as surprising Spider-Man with his speed, running up a building holding a grown man by the hair in less than ten seconds, throwing three punches in the time a normal human would be able to only throw one, hitting Cyclops in the face before his optic blasts could come out, catching up to Sabretooth (a superhuman) while Creed had a good head start on him, keeping up with Wolverine (a superhuman) in a fight, etc. are better than Batman's.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: And yet none of those stand up to dodging a bloodlusted(albeit drugged) Superman, or catching Kid Flash, or escaping from the Flash.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: And yet none of those stand up to dodging a bloodlusted(albeit drugged) Superman, or catching Kid Flash, or escaping from the Flash.

Jmarshmallow

Hitting people like that is usually PIS for someone who isn't a powerhouse, but anyways, Black Panther has been able to move fast enough to take Silver Surfer's board from him.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Well now, that's not a bad feat at all.

It's been done by many a characters though, and it's usually not when he's going that fast/isn't expecting it. So it's a legitimate feat.

But it still does not surpass dodging Superman's punch, unless the board was actually trying to hit him, and actually going fast.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Silver Surfer was indeed going was fast, and I could say the same about Batman's feat of dodging Superman doesn't surpass Panther's since Superman was under mind control.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@wolverine08: Ya already know what I'm gonna ask for mate!

The fact that he was mind-controlled and dulled a bit is true, but he was also bloodlusted and out to kill, so that kinda equalizes it.

Supes was AIMING for Bats, trying to KILL him.

That should surpass the Surfer feat.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Silver Surfer was trying to fly his fastest when Panther took his board, so no, Bats feat doesn't really surpass Panther's feat.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Silver Surfer was trying to fly his fastest when Panther took his board

You cannot possibly be serious with this.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

IIRC, Surfer was flying fast, but he did let Panther take the board from him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@citizenbane said:

@wolverine08 said:

Surfer was not flying. He was not even on his board at the time. He threw it at Johnny Storm, and then Panther jumped onto it while it was returning.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@citizenbane said:

@wolverine08 said:

Surfer was not flying. He was not even on his board at the time. He threw it at Johnny Storm, and then Panther jumped onto it while it was returning.

Oh, I haven't read the issue in a while so I knew there was something I was forgetting about that moment.

Batfan4445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman knows 127 martial arts so.......

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: That's a pretty significant difference broski.

I like how that part completely skipped your mind.

Lol....

You must be running low on arguments my friend!

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Considering how you have to bring up a PIS moment where Superman was holding back and mind controlled to prove your point, I think you're running low on arguments "broski". Whatever the hell that means...........

Batfan4445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Batman bench presses 1,000 pounds daily, Is Harley that tough? (I'm not trying to be sarcastic)

What is her limit in strength?

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Bats

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Joygirl

@batfan4445: She threw a 180lb man several stories straight up, casually.