Task Master vs Kano

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for swordandshields
SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SwordandShields

Task Master

vs

Kano

Battle Rules: Morals Off. Win by KO or Death.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Taskmaster would walk all over Kano but i'll see what case MK fans make.

SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SwordandShields

@Vance Astro:

I think Taskmaster would walk all over Kano but i'll see what case MK fans make.

that's gonna get them riled up. lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SwordandShields said:

@Vance Astro:

that's gonna get them riled up. lol

Iunno, they may agree.
TexasDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TexasDingo

TASKMASTER WINS

FLAWLESS VICTORY

FATALITY

(This coming from a MK fan.)

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kovak

Taskmaster should walk over Kano, do the moonwalk back over him (he does know the moonwalk), and then walk over him again.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Kano looses pretty hardcore. TM is just better than him.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hyperlight

i like taskmaster more but kano is probably more powerful physically. a lot of what kano can do when it comes to special moves taskmaster couldnt do because its outside his bodies ability to do so. it would be kinda close though

SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SwordandShields

@Hyperlight: i thought this fight was going to be a stomp for TM but it seems Kano may not be defeated so easily.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nick_hero22

@Hyperlight said:

i like taskmaster more but kano is probably more powerful physically. a lot of what kano can do when it comes to special moves taskmaster couldnt do because its outside his bodies ability to do so. it would be kinda close though

Please show us something that Kano can do that Taskmaster couldn't do, gameplay mechanics are inaccurate when describing character traits and attributes (they are over-exaggerated for gameplay purposes) and then if you did base his abilities on that what has Kano done that "supposedly" surpasses Taskmaster's level.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hyperlight

@SwordandShields: yeah its a little tough

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hyperlight

@nick_hero22: Yeah you right game play mechanics aren't included. But I'm assuming he has the same move set and he is capable of doing the same things as much as MK physics would allow. too spin yourself forward in mid air as fast/hard as Kano does it would be outside to capabilities of a human in Marvel. Kano's physical attributes have to be greater than taskmasters. The line that separates a human from a superhuman is different in marvel and MK.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nick_hero22

@Hyperlight said:

@nick_hero22: Yeah you right game play mechanics aren't included. But I'm assuming he has the same move set and he is capable of doing the same things as much as MK physics would allow. too spin yourself forward in mid air as fast/hard as Kano does it would be outside to capabilities of a human in Marvel. Kano's physical attributes have to be greater than taskmasters. The line that separates a human from a superhuman is different in marvel and MK.

Are you aware that Taskmaster has both Spider-Man's and Daredevil's acrobatic capabilities in his arsenal? And Kano has never shown that ability canon-wise, its purely gameplay mechanics.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hyperlight

@nick_hero22: Yeah but he can only use Spideys moves that his bodies would be capable of reproducing. I don't think it would be hard to reproduce DD move set since DD is still human physically. If spider man did his more complicated maneuvers Taskmasters muscle memory would absorb it because his body isn't capable of everything Spiderman is.

But if Kanos doesn't have that ability canonically than the fight might roll over to TM favor. If it is canonical that TM wouldnt be able to replicate some of those moves

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nick_hero22

@Hyperlight said:

@nick_hero22: Yeah but he can only use Spideys moves that his bodies would be capable of reproducing. I don't think it would be hard to reproduce DD move set since DD is still human physically. If spider man did his more complicated maneuvers Taskmasters muscle memory would absorb it because his body isn't capable of everything Spiderman is.

But if Kanos doesn't have that ability canonically than the fight might roll over to TM favor. If it is canonical that TM wouldnt be able to replicate some of those moves

Daredevil has plenty of acrobatic showings that exceeds anyone's in MK Universe, so I serious doubt that Kano rolling into a ball would be considered a complex maneuver in Marvel Universe.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

@nick_hero22: very true. but that particular maneuver requires the strength of propulsion that would exceed the ability of any peak human to produce. I could see cap or DD doing that if they were thrown but not with their own 2 feet

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nick_hero22

@Hyperlight said:

@nick_hero22: very true. but that particular maneuver requires the strength of propulsion that would exceed the ability of any peak human to produce. I could see cap or DD doing that if they were thrown but not with their own 2 feet

And Daredevil has plenty of acrobatic showings that exceed human potential as well.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hyperlight

@nick_hero22: very true. he does thing that a human wouldnt be able to do in real life. i dont think you can exceed human potential if you are human. DD couldnt do that move because his body wouldnt allow him to do so. Spidey probably could cause he is physically superior.. but not DD.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

@Hyperlight said:

@nick_hero22: very true. he does thing that a human wouldnt be able to do in real life. i dont think you can exceed human potential if you are human. DD couldnt do that move because his body wouldnt allow him to do so. Spidey probably could cause he is physically superior.. but not DD.

I'm through talking about gameplay mechanics. Kano has virtually no feats outside of beating a Sonya Blade that had already been beaten by Johnny Cage. Taskmaster has enough high-end feats to suggest that he could practically one-shot Kano.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hyperlight

@nick_hero22: yeah we ended our talk a couple of posts ago lol. I agree that if its just in game mechanics/moveset... than TM prob takes this. If not its closer

TheWhiteWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheWhiteWolf

Taskmaster wins 'nuff said.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Journal

Kano Stomps.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Hyperlight said:

Kano's in game moves (like the canon ball and his laser eye) are canonical, but it really comes down to what Kano we are using in this fight to determine his strength level (though I think any Kano looses to TM). In the games Kano has shown enough strength to cave in someone's chest with single punch, and is depicted as a brawler/grappler akin to Jax. His fighting skill, while not the best, is depicted as very good but it is his resourcefulness in any situation that is what makes him a threat. Tournament style fights, while he is competent, isn't where he shines, Kano excells at exploiting weaknesses and fighting dirty.

In the comics Kano is portrayed the same and he has shown enough strength to break cinder blocks under water with his bare hands, and the durability/agility to fall hundreds of feet in to tree tops and land on the ground vurtually unscathed. Just like in the games, it is Kano's versatility and cunning in a fight that gives him and edge in most situations. In the comic Kano was able to pull off a win over Liu Kang (though through dirty tactics), and with a huge power boost was able to fight Raiden heads up.

Though I think TM wins the fight fairly easily, Kano is no slouch, he just doesn't bring enough "different" to this fight to give him any edge in any area.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nick_hero22

Taskmaster takes this very easily

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hyperlight

@onilordasmodeus: wow.. you summed it up pretty well. so basically Kano loses because of his lack of skill?

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Task wins

anihush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By anihush

its intresting going both ways kano is just really a brawler straight up hit your till you ccant get up for the most part taskmasters abilites will be pretty useless because kano's moves rely on power nd yeah it wont work in tm favor but taskmaster probrobly has dealed with this before sooo taskmaster

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
I don't see how Kano could beat Taskmaster... Taskmaster's overall feats says he is a league above Kano in combat skills... at least IMO.
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Hyperlight said:

@onilordasmodeus: wow.. you summed it up pretty well. so basically Kano loses because of his lack of skill?

Pretty much.

Kano is skilled in h2h, but not skilled enough to take down Tasky. Kano at his core is a brawler with dirty tactics who tries to exploit and overwhelm. This is just an all around bad match-up for him as TM just has an answer for what ever Kano can do.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is a mismatch.