Talos vs Thanos

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet. Talos is at full power.

Battle takes place in frozen over Atmora

Who wins?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats?

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cooljammy18

You're really obsess with TES characters taking on Marvel aren't you? LOL :p.

Thanos outperforms TALOS and is far above him in pretty much everything with the gauntlet, however, simply put, none of their abilities should work in either one of their respective universes. The gauntlet is specifically for the Marvel megaverse, while the core of Talos's power, CHIM, is specifically for allowing him to defy the predetermined laws of the Aurbis established by the sleeping Godhead. If you were to ignore that major factor, then I would honestly still side with Thanos, as he utterly defeated and humiliated the most powerful of the abstract beings, who I too believe are above Talos in overall power and ability and influence. I'll probably be a little generous and say that it COULD be a stalemate if in Mundus.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that gauntlet and the gems have been retconned to be universal level now, no longer the megaversal source of power it once was back in the classic days. Does anyone mind confirming this for me? If that's true, then I'll probably say this is a stalemate if both combatants are full powered and can use all of their ability within Mundus on Atmora.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

thanos curbstomp

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: Yes, yes I am.

Also, quick question: Why hasn't good ol' Hermaeus Mora achieved CHIM? He is the god of forbidden knowledge and secrets, and he would obviously want it because of the.... POWER!! And according to his Black Books, he is aware of it. Isn't CHIM all about knowing how to defy the Godhead?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CHIM is useless against Thanos, it's solely effective in the ES universe.

So Thanos stomps.

Jmarshmallow

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: is Atmora not the ES universe?

No, it is. But Thanos is not a part of it, so he would be unaffected by it.

Jmarshmallow

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thought it said Talons at first.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos in a ridiculous stomp. Talos have no feats to put him on par with Thanos.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: Other than being the most powerful being in the Elder Scrolls universe

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica I find it strange that a person of your level of overhyping obsession does not have an Elder Scrolls avatar pic instead of Captain Cold.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cooljammy18

@gumflabica said:

@cooljammy18: Yes, yes I am.

Also, quick question: Why hasn't good ol' Hermaeus Mora achieved CHIM? He is the god of forbidden knowledge and secrets, and he would obviously want it because of the.... POWER!! And according to his Black Books, he is aware of it. Isn't CHIM all about knowing how to defy the Godhead?

I really can't answer that, but I'll try based off of my opinion. Apparently, from the deeper texts of lore, Molag Bal was the one who taught the concept of CHIM to Vivec, who in turn taught it to Tiber Septim. You would think Molag Bal of all people would try to get it so he can happily rape everything, but apparently not. Based off of this, it would be obvious that Herma Mora knows it definitely as well. If you ask me, I think it's because the concept of CHIM is pretty damn hard for a Daedra or even Aedra to understand, the same as mortality itself. CHIM really stems from mortality, rising above the godlike forces that put you in a perpetual cycle of creation, suffering, and eventually destruction from Alduin. All of the et'Ada are already extremely powerful and completely immortal and can do damn near everything they freaking want as it is.

Where I'm going with this, and a possible answer, is that the Princes pretty much have everything they want and basically troll around with mortals to avoid being lonely and bored. CHIM is saying to the universe that I may not be real but I still am real, and I love myself because of it. Daedric Princes by their very nature are very arrogant and narcissitic, so it would be hard for them to admit that they are weak and mean nothing to the grand scheme of things and then display the mortal feeling of self-love and respect to elevate themselves beyond the metaphysical laws and achieve enlightenment. Basically, you need to admit to yourself and fully comprehend that you are nothing and weak and aren't real, but are still something and still strong and still exist and love yourself for it, and becoming one with the universe. This is incomprehensible to the Princes, who believe that they are already infallible and untouchable to us lowly mortals, and can't understand the emotions of us mortals needed to achieve CHIM. That's my answer to why at least,

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: Nevermind. I did some research and apparently gods can't ahcieve CHIM because the cannot "experience the joy of mortals"

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: Nevermind. I did some research and apparently gods can't ahcieve CHIM because the cannot "experience the joy of mortals"

Basically the same thing I just said really lol.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18:

Now that I think of it, in comics/video games, wouldn't breaking the 4th wall be achieving CHIM? They acknowledge that they are not real by speaking with the viewer, but insist that they are real. Deadpool breaks the 4th wall, also defys his creator by knowing that he is real. Deadpool = Vivec then.

Hallelujah!

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins.