Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spartan92

vs 

T- 850 from terminator 3 vs sonny from i robot   

battle takes place in empty city street  

scenario 1 - with weapons  
scenario 2- without weapons

both out to destoy each other who wins ?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Erik

Sonny seemed a lot faster.  

T3 had a lot of strength feats. 

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the darknessss

sonny 4 sure.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss:  
What makes you say that?
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the darknessss

speed/strength/but most of all he can think human,that alone is a huge edge,termys dont do the human thinking as much.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss said:
" speed/strength/but most of all he can think human,that alone is a huge edge,termys dont do the human thinking as much. "
Sonny never had any significant strength feats. T3 was also smart enough to trick humans into doing what it wanted. Thinking like a human is not a huge advantage here. 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Magian

Tough one.

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Erik
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattek
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theiconic

sonny could win hes far more agile ......but if  terminator grips him its over

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erik
@theiconic said:
" sonny could win hes far more agile ......but if  terminator grips him its over "
I fail to see the benefit that jumping around will have in this kind of battle. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik said:
" @the darknessss said:
" speed/strength/but most of all he can think human,that alone is a huge edge,termys dont do the human thinking as much. "
Sonny never had any significant strength feats. T3 was also smart enough to trick humans into doing what it wanted. Thinking like a human is not a huge advantage here.  "
Psh, and Arnold understood sarcasm.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erik
@texasdeathmatch:  

TALK TO THE HAND!!!
 TALK TO THE HAND!!!
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik: oh no he didn't
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik

I believe the T-850 is more than capable of taking out Sonny. NS-5's were dropped by small arms fire. NS-5's are built for commercial use in a home environment. Terminators are built for combat. The T-850 would literally punch holes in Sonny. 

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spartan92

t -850 are pretty fast aswell in terminator 3 its catches a bullet in its teeth.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erik
@spartan92 said:
"

t -850 are pretty fast aswell in terminator 3 its catches a bullet in its teeth.

"
Actually, the bullet hit the back of its mouth and it maneuvered the bullet to the front. 
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the darknessss
@erik:
i think its a huge help thinking just like a human here,if men beat termys,the way i see it is a combat solider fighting a termy with sonny abilities is going increase his chances of talking that down massively. with a weapon sonny wins 7/10 fights,without its harder,but the agility of him it will be near impossible for the termy to catch,so it comes down to dropping things on him from high and loads of dirty tricks imo,any i-robot would get beat so easy here by a terminator,,its sonny having superhuman abilites and a human mind does it for me.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True. Bullet was stopped by the endoskeleton, then he spit it out like it was a bone. Did not catch in his teeth. 

Durability is the major factor here. 

NS-5s are certainly more durable than people, and Sonny more so than a regular NS-5, but they were being dispatched by a single 9MM bullet to the head.  

T-850 hardly even notices sustained machine gun fire. 

There is no hope for sonny in a straight up brawl. He has superior agility, and possibly speed, but i am not sure he has the strength needed to damage the major parts of the T-850 endoskeleton. He might have some luck snapping the neck, if he can get to it without being ripped apart like paper by the T-850, but that is no sure victory either because Arny had his head knocked off in that fight with the TX and put it back on like it had leggo snaps on the bottom (that was bullshit. The endo skeleton head is connected with hydraulic pumps and a spine-like support structure. It should not have been possible for him to re-attach his head in that way, but whatever.) 

T-850 9/5/10 in strait up brawl.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Matezoide2
@erik said:
" I believe the T-850 is more than capable of taking out Sonny. NS-5's were dropped by small arms fire. NS-5's are built for commercial use in a home environment. Terminators are built for combat. The T-850 would literally punch holes in Sonny.  "
this
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDestroyer187

I am an expert on Robotics, and future tech movies lol, and The T-850 would curb stomp Sonny, why? 
NS-5 Robot SONNY: 

No Caption Provided

ok i admit Sonny is capable of some impressive feats which seperates him from the rest of the robots you see in the I Robot film, Sonny has great Agility and Flexibility as well as some great speed, Sonny has some Impressive strength being capable of breaking or tearing other Robots apart. And his Armor was made to withstand that Plasma Shield.  Sonny also possesses great Intellect for a Robot. Although Sonny is a Robot his type are very Human like as far as features and a sense of awareness that is quite remarkable and a feat in its own.

T-850 Series Terminator:   

No Caption Provided

Equipped to take on any Resistance defenses or Reprogrammed Resistance-controlled battle units, the T-850 has been built to withstand heavy punishment. As well as its increased armor and strength, the T-850 is outfitted with a series of action network circuits, fired by its CPU when in a combat situation. These act like the electronic equivalent of adrenaline, supercharging systems, getting it "pumped" for a fight. This is fundamental in the T-850's ability to take on later Terminators series.  
The 200-kilogram T-850 Endoskeleton has been upgraded from the T-800, though these are not necessarily visible from the outside. The main modification to the T-850 is its increased titanium alloy armor, hardening it to plasma weapons. Tougher and more resilient, the T-850 has also been equipped with more powerful servo motors and hydraulic systems, making it far faster and stronger than the T-800. It can therefore sustain far greater damage and continue to function, and is more deadly in hand to hand combat, even being able to hold its own for a time against the Series TX Terminator in pure physical combat.  Another modification is the use of two Hydrogen Fuel Cells in the Series 850 Terminator. This replaces the compact nuclear-energy Iridium cell used by the T-800, and provides greater power and longer life. Though partially impaired having lost one cell, a T-850 can still operate at nearly fully capacity on its remaining fuel though it will not be quite as powerful or as fast as before.  The T-850 can operate for a short period on stored charge, enabling the removal of both fuel cells. Rated capacity and length of time before shutdown has yet to be determined since operational continuance would depend on functions required following the removal of the second fuel cell. The Series 850 Terminator, though not able to self-terminate as an act in and of itself unrelated to the achievement of mission objectives, is able to completely shut itself down, and reboot from scratch, overriding any temporary modifications that may have been made to its systems. Added to this are other features to increase reliability and longevity.
The T-850 possess built-in safety and redundancy engineering, as well as the ability to shunt delicate control circuits to protected areas in the event of massive electric shock.  Basic psychology and knowledge of human emotions and socio-ecological interactions are among the subroutines of the T-850, yet another of its advancements over the T-800 Series. This allows it to better understand humans, making it a better Infiltrator and a more efficient killer.  The Series 850 Terminator possesses detailed files. Known to be amongst these are a list of more than 1000 different emotional elements that modify human behavior, zoological information on all recorded species of animal, popular music and artists of the 20th and early 21st Century, 
make, model, muzzle velocity, weight, length, cartridge size and use of all military and civilian weaponry; and schematic layouts and instructions on use of all recorded modes of transportation. The T-850 constantly evaluates data: old data from its memory banks and new data that its sensors continuously gather. From such evaluations it can make predictive forecasts to which it can assign probability values, out-thinking its enemies, always one or two steps ahead. Equipped with a battery of sensor arrays, the Series 850 Terminator is able to detect its environment and hunt humans with great efficiency. It possesses the ability to detect infrared, radar, optical and electromagnetic emissions, heat signatures, electronic noise, high-frequency cell phone broadcasts, and directed sound. 

FINAL WORD:
THE T-850 SERIES TERMINATOR WINS!!!
IT IS BY FAR THE MORE COMBATIVE MACHINE AND IT COULD TEAR THROUGH OTHER TERMINATOR MODELS JUST LIKE SONNY DID THE ROBOTS, HOWEVER THE TERMINATORS ALLOY IS MORE DENSE AND MORE RESISTANT TO HEAVY DAMAGE THEN THE ROBOTS FROM " I ROBOT " INCLUDING SONNY. AND THERE ARE TONS OF VISUAL FEATS OF THE TERMINATORS IN GENERAL BEING ABLE TO WITHSTAND HUGE AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE WHICH IS SOMETHING THE SONNY & THE ROBOTS HAVE NEVER BEEN SHOWN TO DO, THERE WAS ONLY ONE FILM WHICH MEANS EITHER IT WAS CRAPPY OR THEY ONLY WANTED IT TO BE THOSE ONE SHOT DEAL FILMS THAT COME AND GO EVERY NOW AND THEN. THE HUGE REASON WHY A TERMINATOR WOULD BE A NS-5 ROBOT IS BECAUSE TERMIATORS ARE CYBORGS, AND CYBORGS ARE FAR SUPERIOR TO ROBOTS IN EVERY ASPECT, THE TERMINATORS ARE MILITARY CYBORG KILLING MACHINES BREAD FOR BATTLE AT ALL COSTS, NS-5 ROBOTS ARE USED FOR COMMUNITY SERVICES & HOUSE HOLD HELPERS.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mattek

I think the Terminator has way more durability here, but there's no question that Sonny's speed would play a factor. That mofo was climbing walls and I remember when he completely owned the other NS5's in the hallway while protecting the nanites (skill). His allot is stronger than the other NS5's as shown when he was able to put his arm through that force field that ate away at other metal alloys. I'd say Sonny wins based on sentience, skill and speed.

MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrDestroyer187
@mattek said:
" I think the Terminator has way more durability here, but there's no question that Sonny's speed would play a factor. That mofo was climbing walls and I remember when he completely owned the other NS5's in the hallway while protecting the nanites (skill). His allot is stronger than the other NS5's as shown when he was able to put his arm through that force field that ate away at other metal alloys. I'd say Sonny wins based on sentience, skill and speed. "
@mattek: I respect your opinion but i highly doubt that Sonny has the kind of battle experience a Terminator would bring into the battle, its basically a Community Service Robot vs a Military Combat Warefare Cyborg, i think i'll put my money on the Military tech here LOL
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mattek

How would the Terminator deal with Sonny's speed?

MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrDestroyer187
@mattek said:

" How would the Terminator deal with Sonny's speed? "

@mattek:  Uh Motion tracking, optical sensing, sensing the vibrations in the atmosphere, the T-850 comes with a vast array of sensor capabilities which would easily detect a fact moving object or in your case Sonny. And its gonna take alot more then speed alone to beat a machine that is designed for Military Warefare and strategies along with superior combat skills and knowledge. The best Sonny could do with his speed is run away from the T-850 LOL but even that won't work because the T-850 would eventually track him down and Terminate Him... Also we are talking about a Machine that stood toe to toe with the T-X who is a Cyborg Killer and is virtually unbeatable on the battle field, and i know for a fact Sonny would get a huge Positronic Stomp from the T-X let alone the T-850. Oh and one more thing if the T-850 can track flying HK's which are even faster then fighter jets which are extremely faster then Sonny then the T-850 really has no problem with the speed issue. 

P.S
I also have all the Terminator Movies and i have studied everything about them and there tech, i am an expert on Terminators and robotics in General LOL, oh yea i also own the I Robot Movie, it sucks because there was only one but it was good while it lasted, i also have all the Robocops LMAO! not that it matters. In fact Sonny would have a far greater chance at fighting Robocop.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mattek

Motion tracking is all fine and dandy...but the Terminator itself isn't fast enough to keep up. Period. 

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the darknessss

sonny is almost human,he fears human things,death,loss,etc,etc,,,put yourself in his shoes,he would just hide and do hit and run tactics like a human does to beat termys,but in his case he is far better to do all this,speed/strength etc,i think we should forget the h2h fighting thing here,he wouldnt do that,would you?????? ok an example= sonnys speed removes him from danger very easy,he finds a high spots in the city,200 ft plus,strips 300lb objects from roof top and drops those things on t-850,its so easy for him to attack in ways like this,t-850 cannot catch him 100% sure.wins by intelligence.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By buttersdaman000
@the darknessss said:
" sonny is almost human,he fears human things,death,loss,etc,etc,,,put yourself in his shoes,he would just hide and do hit and run tactics like a human does to beat termys,but in his case he is far better to do all this,speed/strength etc,i think we should forget the h2h fighting thing here,he wouldnt do that,would you?????? ok an example= sonnys speed removes him from danger very easy,he finds a high spots in the city,200 ft plus,strips 300lb objects from roof top and drops those things on t-850,its so easy for him to attack in ways like this,t-850 cannot catch him 100% sure.wins by intelligence. "
this
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NS-5's are basically butler robots. They have no armor. They are the mechanisms for locomotion, and decorative plastic coverings. 

Terminators are armored for battle. 

Make no mistake, a Terminator is sentient. They are no less intelligent than humans, and i would wager they are a great deal more intelligent. They just don't go around talking about how scary it might be to die.  

They may not look like problem solvers when they are fighting humans because the solution is so simple for them.   

Problem= Human. 
Solution= Crush Human.

NS-5's are faster than terminators. They could certainly outrun them, but this isn't the kind of speed that will be useful in a straight up fight. hand to hand, the terminator posseses the reaction speed necessary to combat the NS-5. 

I always picture the whole point of these battles is to put these different characters face to face and let them fight it out. If you start introducing evnironmental hazards (like dropping stuff on the T-850 from the top of buildings) then you are talking about an entirely different scenario. 

Can an NS-5 beat a T-850 if he is Sniping from 3 miles away with a MAC gun? piloting a B-2 Bomber? Driving voltron? Or if he is wearing the infinity gauntlet? 

Those scenarios don't represent the actual abilities of the NS-5 to fight a T-850, and neither does climbing a building and dropping air handling units on his head.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the darknessss
@Fortified_Hooligan:
lol,,in war the motto is "whatever it takes"  sonny would do whatever it takes regardless if " you" like the how the fight gos down or not,a battle on here is to use your best assets,speed strength etc,so there no scenarios to dictate how to fight,you fight to win period like or not,sonny wins this,not because hes "piloting a B-2 bomber" thats just silly,he wins because he will use his ability to think human,t-850 dont,they are systematic,t-850 dont just go,hmmmm might have a shave later or i'm going to watch this spider make a web,humans/sonny have these outside the box thougths,so anything he can imagine like strange and wonderful  traps he can set up he will do so,t-850 is going down sooner or later.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, think of it this way. 

Could a T-850 set up the exact same trap for sonny? yes. 
Would he? No. 
Why? Because you and I both know that the easiest way for the terminator to beat sonny is to walk over and destroy him. No need for tricks, or complex problem solving in this instance because sonny is the clear loser in a battle. 

Sonny is running. Terminator is terminating.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the darknessss

@Fortified_Hooligan: 
easiest way for the terminator to beat sonny is to walk over and destroy him ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can you pls explain how he will do this?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik

T-850 still wins. Nothing Sonny can do to even hurt it. 

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Magian

I will give this to T-850. Even though Sonny is a lot faster and more agile than T-850, eventually he will have to use physical strength to win and this is where T-850 has the advantage.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here's a scenario. 

They see eachother. Terminator walks toward Sonny, having evaluated the threat level. Sonny circles right. Terminator gets within striking distance, reaches for Sonny. Sonny ducks under the arm, Tries to break shoulder joint, inhibiting movement of adversary. 

T-850's structure is too well engineered, does not bend. 850 is stronger, and the arm goes where the 850 puts it, not where sonny wanted it, shoves sonny backward. Sonny rolls with momentum ends up back on his feet. 

Sonny continues with the motion gets behind the 850, grabs hold of the head and twists. 

The 850's head is jerked violently, but the archetecture holds, 850 stumbles and turns. Sonny is too close this time and 850 gets hold of sonny. Sonny fights ferociously, punching, gripping, twisting. No sell. 

850's durability is too great. 

850 shifts his hold from the arm area to sonny's neck, squeezes hand and makes a fist with Sonny's neck in the middle. Sonny's head falls off. 850 stomps on the head. 

The end.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the darknessss

sorry there but it doesnt even start this idea,why would sonny fight this when he can figure out that brute force is stupid to attack him with???????? sonny would move out of reach straight away,watch it,then decide the most effective manner to slow it down bit by bit,if you or i had sonnys abilites we would do the same,we can hurt and stop it with time,free thinking wins this,why do people think sonny would go h2h with it???? not happening,in a fist fight sonny dies in seconds,this isnt a fist fight,its a fight of each ones best and worse abilites,t-850 would just be so slow to sonny its funny,hit and run,hit and run,with trucks,dropping heavy objects from high,electrical points to use,so much things around he can use to damage it,hes super intelligent,needs no sleep,cant be caught,can suprise the big,slow t-850 everytime,t-850 aint getting within 30 feet of him,. the end.
ProjectSin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ProjectSin

same with the darkness
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss:  
Prove that a T-850 is too slow please.  

Furthermore, who said that Sonny would automatically know that brute force is not a good idea? Is he suddenly omniscient? He had no problem with brute force against the other NS-5's. 
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here's the point i am making. 

In what way does sonny dropping an anvil on the 850's head represent his ability to fight? 
Any character could do that.  Drop any character into that scenario, and they ALL beat the 850. 

Poppa Smurf could set up a lethal trap for the Terminator.  
Would that be a fair representation of Poppa Smurf's combat level? 

What that ends up being is a T-850 vs a heavy object dropped from a building. it doesn't matter who tipped it over the edge. 

What i am saying, and what you have already agreed to, is that there is almost no chance that Sonny can beat the T-850 under his own power. 
With outside influence, and using environmental hazards, sure. He could hire the Fantastic Four to take it out for him, or ask Thor to drop Mjiolnir on him.  None of these scenarios gauge Sonny's ability to fight and defeat a terminator any better than dropping stuff on him from the top of a building.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the darknessss
@erik:

sonny knew what he was fighting in the film yes? a t-850 looks alot different yes? so he showed in the film a love of "life" yes? answer is hmm that things big could end my "life" perhaps,caution,,,,,,thats the human in there. is sonny showed some act of complete dim,stupid,retardedness then he would run up to it and end up wearing his arse as a helmet,he never showed anything like that,his IQ is way up there for sure.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss said:
" @erik: sonny knew what he was fighting in the film yes? a t-850 looks alot different yes? so he showed in the film a love of "life" yes? answer is hmm that things big could end my "life" perhaps,caution,,,,,,thats the human in there. is sonny showed some act of complete dim,stupid,retardedness then he would run up to it and end up wearing his arse as a helmet,he never showed anything like that,his IQ is way up there for sure. "
That is pretty assumptive on every point you made. Can you prove any of that?
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the darknessss
@erik:
watch the film and decide how you see sonny,i see him with intelligence,compassion,a love of life and a strong determination to win,,thats how i interpreted it.but that only my opinion.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss said:
" @erik: watch the film and decide how you see sonny,i see him with intelligence,compassion,a love of life and a strong determination to win,,thats how i interpreted it.but that only my opinion. "
I already have watched the film and made my decision. I am asking you to prove your points with factual evidence, not assumptions. 
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check my last post on page 2 please. 

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By the darknessss
@Fortified_Hooligan: 

yes buddy i agree with you,a t-850 would eat him 100% sure,my point is he wouldnt fight in that manner, the op set it in a street where objects are sonnys only hope,thats why im using all the limited info the op gave,without an enviroment help sonny is dead,so i totally see where your coming from,its my only angle on getting sonny a win from op rules.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss:  
You act like Sonny is the only one who can use its environment. The Terminator movies have all shown that the Terminators are more than capable of such strategy and have even implemented such strategy among several others. 
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By the darknessss
@erik:
tell me how you "prove" an interpretation from a film,,??????????????? thats like asking whats that abstract painting mean,,,,,its how i saw the film,u perhaps saw sonny in a different way,you forgetting i'm not telling you your wrong about the t-850 vs sonny,i'm saying how i think i'm right.theres a difference.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Erik
@the darknessss said:
" @erik: tell me how you "prove" an interpretation from a film,,??????????????? thats like asking whats that abstract painting mean,,,,,its how i saw the film,u perhaps saw sonny in a different way,you forgetting i'm not telling you your wrong about the t-850 vs sonny,i'm saying how i think i'm right.theres a difference. "
My point was to illustrate that you cannot prove it actually. Something that cannot be proven is pretty useless in a debate. That is called an opinion. 
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the darknessss
@erik:
can climb and run/move as fast as sonny,? terminators think like robots with certain parameters,they try to learn human manners,op didnt state this t-850 has been in contact with humans,this is my point,sonny thinks very human.fear/love etc,t-850 doesnt know any of this.