#1 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a $1,000,000 prize on who can catch the spider-man. He is on the look out and has Black Cat with him. The price goes down $10,000 each day. Would a low or street leveler catch him. By when? How? In New York. (P.S was the black spiderman in WWHULK Venom?)

#2 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you need a mid tier to catch him

#3 Posted by SoA (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

iron fist first 3 hrs

lol

#4 Posted by neil419 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: dont forget his partner powerman the only super hero with a tiara

#5 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

So All Spidey has to do to win is avoid a bunch of Street levelers? He Clears easily.

Oh and the Black suited Spider-Man in WWH would have been Peter during his Back in Black phase...but it's not the symbiote...just a black costume.

#6 Edited by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

So All Spidey has to do to win is avoid a bunch of Street levelers? He Clears easily.

Why do people still think Symbiote Suit Spider-Man is enhanced to the regular version?

I feel I spend so much time saying that to people these days.

#7 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Why do people still think Symbiote Suit Spider-Man is enhanced to the regular version?

I made no such assumption. I'm just saying Black suit or no...Spidey can avoid a bunch of street levelers. The vast majority of street levelers can't even keep up with Spider-Man. What the symbiote does here for him though is provide him with an ability to camoflage himself...thus increasing the difficulty of anyone trying to catch him.

#8 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey makes it with moderate difficulty.

#9 Posted by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: Of Course your one of the premier Spider-Man debaters on this site :)

I Just think the OP used Symbiote Suit Spider-Man thinking he had a stat advantage.

And besides, weren't Heroes for Hire all about this bounty stuff? Not that it helped much, Classic Luke Cage was beaten by Spider-Man twice in one issue.

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Is because of the 90's Spider-man TAS.

#11 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean low or street levelers, so from Bucky level up to or over Scorpion maybe venom level+.

#12 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Shawnbaby: Of Course your one of the premier Spider-Man debaters on this site :)

I Just think the OP used Symbiote Suit Spider-Man thinking he had a stat advantage.

And besides, weren't Heroes for Hire all about this bounty stuff? Not that it helped much, Classic Luke Cage was beaten by Spider-Man twice in one issue.

Awww schucks...now you got me all a-blushin' :D

Anyway...as i said in my edited post...the suit actually gives advantages here just not physical ones...camoflage and theoretically endless webbing. So on top of the fact that he can easily outpace like 95% of his pursuers..if anyone does get close...he can just switch to civilian garb and lose them that way. (technically he could do a lot more with the camoflage than that...but Peter never really experimented much with that ability when he had it...mostly he just used it to quickly switch into and out of his Spidey costume.)

#13 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

could Carnage do it?

#14 Edited by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

And because of Spectacular Spider-Man and because of Spider-Man 3 and because of Spider-Man-Web of Shadows and because of Spider-Man-Shattered Dimensions but oddly enough, not *sniggers* Ultimate Spider-Man (TV show).

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

could Carnage do it?

Carnage really isn't Street level.

#16 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex should be able to do it, and possibly Daken or one of the Kravens. If the pursuers are allowed to team up, then there are plenty of combinations that should be capable of taking him.

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

And because of Spectacular Spider-Man and because of Spider-Man 3 and because of Spider-Man-Web of Shadows and because of Spider-Man-Shattered Dimensions but oddly enough, not *sniggers* Ultimate Spider-Man (TV show).

I think in those cases the writers applied the logic of "Well...It made Eddie Brock so strong...it should make Spidey strong too"...completely overlooking the fact that The symbiote made venom strong because it had copied Pete's powers.

#18 Posted by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@laflux said:

Awww schucks...now you got me all a-blushin' :D

Anyway...as i said in my edited post...the suit actually gives advantages here just not physical ones...camoflage and theoretically endless webbing. So on top of the fact that he can easily outpace like 95% of his pursuers..if anyone does get close...he can just switch to civilian garb and lose them that way. (technically he could do a lot more with the camoflage than that...but Peter never really experimented much with that ability when he had it...mostly he just used it to quickly switch into and out of his Spidey costume.)

Its true- just don't tell lol.

Yeah when I said stat advantage, I meant Physical- but your on the money.

@Esquire:

I wouldn't put Logan. Laura or Daken as lower street level or the Kraven family to be honest. Besides, Spider-Man humiliated them in Grim Hunt.

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

I mean low or street levelers, so from Bucky level up to or over Scorpion maybe venom level+.

Venom might be able to do it...but if Peter has the Symbiote...there is no Venom.

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

Fantomex should be able to do it, and possibly Daken or one of the Kravens. If the pursuers are allowed to team up, then there are plenty of combinations that should be capable of taking him.

In a fight...sure a lot of combos would work...Actually catching him if all he's doing is trying to avoid them? That's a different story....Most of them just can't keep up with him...and New York is Spidey's Turf

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Well to be fair the symbiote has gotten stronger with every new host even Gargan although he was a horrible jobber was in the 40ton reigion. The only reason Flash isn't Brock level is because his symbiote has been lobotomized and drugged up. I think it would be a fair assumption that if the symbiote were to return to Spider-man now it would most likely enhance his abilities.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (19228 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are only allowed to use low end street levelers they can't catch him. If we can use any street leveler in general I think gorgon can do it. Peter pretty much has to fight him unless he lets black cat die....

#23 Posted by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Yes that is true, though Flash can Vulk out to achieve more strength if need be.

Also Angelo made Gargan look like Midnighter. It was explicitly stated on Panel when they fought that he was twice as strong as Spider-Man, but he still ended up getting stomped, while still using some of the more extravagant Symbiote powers, such as invisibility.

But the less said about him, the better :)

#24 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

Well to be fair the symbiote has gotten stronger with every new host even Gargan although he was a horrible jobber was in the 40ton reigion. The only reason Flash isn't Brock level is because his symbiote has been lobotomized and drugged up. I think it would be a fair assumption that if the symbiote were to return to Spider-man now it would most likely enhance his abilities.

Unlobotomized it probably would...but that's just because it takes the abilities of its former host and passes them along to its new one. Brock got all of Spidey's powers (Strength was higher because of the proportional difference between Brock and Parker), Gargan got Brocks (Venom Strength combined with Scorpion Strength making him stronger) so Peter, reattached to thesymbiote, should get "Vorpion's" Powerset added to his own.

The lobotomized suit doesn't really seem to remember Gargan much until Flash "Vulks out"

#25 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the TC, anyone up to and even above Venom-level is legal. Which puts the Wolverine and Kraven families easily included. And Peter was a lot less skilled in the symbiote days than he was in Grim Hunt.

@Shawnbaby: Fantomex's Misdirection has worked as far away as other galaxies, so it should easily be able to make Spider-Man come to him in New York City. And as fast as Spidey is, he can still be tracked and ambushed, at least in theory. That's why I would consider Wolverine and Kraven-like characters viable. Even if it takes them a couple of weeks to whip up a good trap, they can still earn 860,000 dollars.

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

If we are only allowed to use low end street levelers they can't catch him. If we can use any street leveler in general I think gorgon can do it. Peter pretty much has to fight him unless he lets black cat die....

If cat has her bad luck powers Gorgon might just trip on a rock, see his reflection in a puddle and turn himself into stone :P

#27 Posted by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

According to the TC, anyone up to and even above Venom-level is legal. Which puts the Wolverine and Kraven families easily included. And Peter was a lot less skilled in the symbiote days than he was in Grim Hunt.

Oh I didn't see that. Hardly counts as low tier street-leveler though.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (19228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: LOL Well played

#29 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Shawnbaby: Fantomex's Misdirection has worked as far away as other galaxies, so it should easily be able to make Spider-Man come to him in New York City. And as fast as Spidey is, he can still be tracked and ambushed, at least in theory. That's why I would consider Wolverine and Kraven-like characters viable. Even if it takes them a couple of weeks to whip up a good trap, they can still earn 860,000 dollars.

I wouldn't really consider Fantomex "Street Level"

#30 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: He's kind of hard to classify. Without Misdirection, he's mid-street-level, probably around Bullseye's level. With Misdirection, he's pretty much unstoppable.

#31 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@18hunt said:

could Carnage do it?

I know, but read my earlier post...

what level would that be called?

@18hunt said:

@SoA said:

iron fist first 3 hrs

lol

IF wouldnt do this...

#32 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Shawnbaby: He's kind of hard to classify. Without Misdirection, he's mid-street-level, probably around Bullseye's level. With Misdirection, he's pretty much unstoppable.

Yeah...he's like Midnighter that way....Stat wise...they are both high Street...actual powers wise...much higher. They are both basically walking Plot Devices.

#33 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: Midnighter massively outclasses Fantomex in stats. Jean-Phillipe is only around peak human, Midnighter is closer to Spider-Man level. He has a better healing factor, too.

#34 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@18hunt said:

could Carnage do it?

I know, but read my earlier post...

what level would that be called?

Carnage's level depends greatly on the writer. He can be a "Team-Up Villain" or a low-level 'Team-Buster". But it's always at least a little above Street Level.

@Esquire said:

@Shawnbaby: Midnighter massively outclasses Fantomex in stats. Jean-Phillipe is only around peak human, Midnighter is closer to Spider-Man level. He has a better healing factor, too.

No argument here...I'm just saying...stat-wise they fall into the same category (Street Level) and power-wise they fall into a different category altogether (Walking Plot Device).

#35 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: That's true. Although I actually quite enjoy both characters, story-wise. This is starting to get a little bit off-topic, though.

#36 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Shawnbaby: That's true. Although I actually quite enjoy both characters, story-wise. This is starting to get a little bit off-topic, though.

Indeed none of this pertains to the topic at hand. And i enjoy them as characters as well.

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (37190 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by laflux (13787 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: That is honestly so Unfair I was just about to post that :(

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37190 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I turned it and JXM into a meme. It is my mod given right.

#40 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by neil419 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

what about blade

#42 Posted by God_Spawn (37190 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: LOL.

Pertaining more to this.

#43 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if Spidey let's BC help, but not get in the way he may survive

#44 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade may have a chance

#45 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

the Symbiote has too many weaknesses

#46 Posted by SoA (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

@SoA said:

iron fist first 3 hrs

lol

IF wouldnt do this...

WHAT??? nooo! are you sure??? i sure am glad i put that lol , i was hoping someone would think i was being serious about my choice .