#1 Posted by gobstakid777 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

takes place in empty Madison Square Garden
Sylar has both his pre- and post- Shanti virus powers 

who takes this?

#2 Edited by mavfan626 (4119 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar should win he could click his finger make Voldemort dust or slice his head open or point his finger and make him explode! or even blow himself up

#3 Posted by never give up (9463 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1984 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers and abilities for Sylar?

#5 Edited by never give up (9463 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers and abilities for Sylar?

Not my battle lol

#6 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

im wondering if the killing curse works on sylar, i think it should, though if it won't, i see sylar winning this.

#7 Posted by tparks (3967 posts) - - Show Bio

This could go either way. I'm leaning toward Voldemort, because he just has to cast a killing curse to win. Even if Sylar starts with his head cutting, Voldemort will have time to kill him while he is doing it. Sylar is not going to kill him, without trying to learn his abilities first.

#8 Edited by never give up (9463 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

This could go either way. I'm leaning toward Voldemort, because he just has to cast a killing curse to win. Even if Sylar starts with his head cutting, Voldemort will have time to kill him while he is doing it. Sylar is not going to kill him, without trying to learn his abilities first.

Actually Sylar could cut his throat pretty fast. Or stop him from speaking. But I'm not sure that will kill him.

#9 Posted by Name55555 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar's powers are not magical so Voldemort should have no protection against them...

but still Voldy could just teleport away and use some unforgivable curse, he should win since his magic is more versatile and powerful than Sylar's powers

#10 Posted by tparks (3967 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up:

Wizards from HP universe don't need to speak to cast spells. I do think Sylar is just as capable of killing Voldemort as Voldemort is of killing Sylar, I just think that because Sylar has never speed blitzed before, he isn't going to rush right to a killing blow. Voldemort has no problem opening up with Avada Kedavra.

#11 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1984 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up: Well...

1:46 wordlessly, without a spell, he makes Harry Potter bow to his feet in pain. Saying the word "Bow" isn't a spell.

1:51 He wandlessly knocks Harry Potter down to his feet with his hand.

2:08, wandlessly and wordlessly he uses his hand and deflects Expellimarus with it (I can't think of any other Wizard but Dumbledore who can deflect spells with his bare hand)

2:43 He wandlessly levitates harry's body (a mental spell) making him get up.

2:46 Without a word he casts Avada Kedavra, the instant killing curse.

0:12 Voldemort pushes the Giant's body, wandlessly, with his hand

0:06 Wandlessly disarms Harry..I would see no problem with Voldemort waving his hand, and if Harry had a gun disarming him of that,

Voldemort, without a word and wandlessly transfigures Dumbledore's fire rope into a snake:

Dumbledore had drawn back his wand and waved it as though brandishing a whip. A long thin flame flew from the tip; it wrapped itself around Voldemort, shield and all. For a moment, it seemed Dumbledore had won, but then the fiery rope became a serpent, which relinquished its hold on Voldemort at once and turned, hissing furiously, to face Dumbledore.

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 36

Doesn't need to speak or even need a wand to do magic.

#12 Posted by never give up (9463 posts) - - Show Bio

@never_give_up: Well...

1:46 wordlessly, without a spell, he makes Harry Potter bow to his feet in pain. Saying the word "Bow" isn't a spell.

1:51 He wandlessly knocks Harry Potter down to his feet with his hand.

2:08, wandlessly and wordlessly he uses his hand and deflects Expellimarus with it (I can't think of any other Wizard but Dumbledore who can deflect spells with his bare hand)

2:43 He wandlessly levitates harry's body (a mental spell) making him get up.

2:46 Without a word he casts Avada Kedavra, the instant killing curse.

0:12 Voldemort pushes the Giant's body, wandlessly, with his hand

0:06 Wandlessly disarms Harry..I would see no problem with Voldemort waving his hand, and if Harry had a gun disarming him of that,

Voldemort, without a word and wandlessly transfigures Dumbledore's fire rope into a snake:

Dumbledore had drawn back his wand and waved it as though brandishing a whip. A long thin flame flew from the tip; it wrapped itself around Voldemort, shield and all. For a moment, it seemed Dumbledore had won, but then the fiery rope became a serpent, which relinquished its hold on Voldemort at once and turned, hissing furiously, to face Dumbledore.

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 36

Doesn't need to speak or even need a wand to do magic.

This is very interesting but it all depends on the version of Sylar though. Sylar can actually use his powers to stop Voldemort from moving.

#13 Posted by never give up (9463 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by Younga1 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sylar takes this. Maybe not easily but he has the abilities to take Voldemort out. Telekinesis to freeze Voldemort's entire body with but a finger movement. Freezing powers, melting powers, blowing up the entire city they are in with the implosion powers. He can also fly and probably before the battle even started saw it happen by looking into the future. Now Voldemort does have magic and is versatile but his most powerful magic can only be done with a wand. The Unforgivables maybe done wordlessly but not wandlessly. Sylar takes that and most of Voldemort's impressive power is gone.

#15 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention the Avada Kedavra might not even work because sylar cant die

#16 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I dont recall but doesnt syler have hiro's powers as well which make him able to teleport anywhere in the world and also stop time at will?

#17 Posted by schillenger420 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Syler ever picked up Hiro's time abilities. I know he was after them, but I believe the series ended before that all was resolved. Also, the killing curse is supposed to be not only unblockable, but durability shouldn't play a factor unless for some reason Syler is just flat immune to spells... which he's not.... Voldemort has a very good shot at this, enough so that i'd even say he takes the majority.

#18 Posted by ozeol (500 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar can just take his wand and the fight will be over