#1 Edited by never give up (9456 posts) - - Show Bio

Battles are won by KO or death.

Round 1- Season 1 Sylar abilities (added Regen) vs Thor

Round 2- Season 3 Sylar abilities vs Thor

Round 3- Future Sylar Abilities(Five Years Gone episode) vs Thor

#2 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

lol the thor fanboys are going to say that even if sylar tried to rip open thors head and steal his powers he cant. just like vulcan cant absorb his power and mimic cant mimic his powers.

#3 Edited by Tomekeeper (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar could annihilate if he got the chance, but I'm not convinced that Thor couldn't just get up into space and Godblast him in all three rounds. TBH don't remember enough of Sylar to say for sure, but I'm tentatively giving this one to Thor.

#4 Posted by never give up (9456 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by never give up (9456 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, even after two film appearances, we still don't know the extent of Thor's power. It's a little ridiculous to even utilize him based off the little he's shown.

#8 Posted by Floopay (8562 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should win due to superior skill and...well superior everything else. Sylar is just outclassed here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#10 Posted by never give up (9456 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, even after two film appearances, we still don't know the extent of Thor's power. It's a little ridiculous to even utilize him based off the little he's shown.

Thanks

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

That was never directed towards you. Just merely stating how I don't think it's really fair to utilize most movie character compared to television characters due to the lack of combined screen time. Apologies if you took that as an insult mate.

#12 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar clears

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19493 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar round 2 and 3

#14 Posted by Hyperlight (5374 posts) - - Show Bio

i can see sylar winning season 3 if he attacks him internally... which he may or may not due depending on if his IA caught whiff of his godly durability.

season 1 has a lesser chance though.

future sylar is hard to say depending on his power set

#15 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's comic Thor then Sylar gets unmercifully stomped. Come at me.

#16 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn: But it's not comic book Thor... stop trying to start a new debate within this forum.

#17 Edited by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: Wasn't sure which one it was. Key word being "if". Within this forum? You mean thread? Yeah, don't tell me what to do when you don't even know what you're talking about. I

#18 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn said:

@carter_esque: Wasn't sure which one it was. Key word being "if". Within this forum? You mean thread? Yeah, don't tell me what to do when you don't even know what you're talking about. I

"Classic mix-up"! I've been hoping that someone would call me out on one of my vocab or grammer FAILS so I could post this pic:

Oh damn I did call this "thread" a "forum". Thanks for correcting me even you only did so out of spite. All I stating was that if you wanna bring up the topic of comic book Thor vs. Sylar, don't do it here bc it's irrelevant to this particular topic.. You made it pretty obvious what you were trying to do by inviting us to "come at you" in that earlier post so DON'T GET BUTT HURT about me telling you to follow the rules, champ.

#19 Posted by catofellow (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar starts off the fight very promising and disappoints in the end. Just like the show.

#20 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Thor stomps - Cinematic Thor should stomp.

Round 1:

Syler was getting rocked by Peter's physical assault and at best he was sporting a pale degree of super strength compared to the character that was knocking around the Hulk with jabs in Avengers. The best showing for TK consists of tearing a large safe door (S2 Peter)- which even then wasn't entirely easily done. Thor should have no issues here.

Round 2:

Sylar isn't going to handle this one well at all. Thor stomps.

Round 3:

We have no inkling of Sylar's full potential here - he had an assortment of powers and so did Peter - it looked like another slugfest between the two that was shaking the door Hiro was hiding behind. If it wasn't for the healing factor I'd say Thor incinerates him - but even then it looks like a light blast of lightning is more than enough to rock Sylar's world with it.

Thor stomps again.

lol the thor fanboys are going to say that even if sylar tried to rip open thors head and steal his powers he cant. just like vulcan cant absorb his power and mimic cant mimic his powers.

Thor doesn't have powers - he's a divine being. Mutant's have been able to drain Thor / Gods before (and by mutants I mean Rogue) and Sylar's abilities work very differently than her.

Sylar could annihilate if he got the chance, but I'm not convinced that Thor couldn't just get up into space and Godblast him in all three rounds. TBH don't remember enough of Sylar to say for sure, but I'm tentatively giving this one to Thor.

Even against the cinematic interpretation he can't annihilate Thor.

Incinerating Sylar with lightning bolts / tossing his hammer for the KO?

@fernando072295reborn: But it's not comic book Thor... stop trying to start a new debate within this forum.

Outside a picture being of his cinematic interpretation - we have absolutely no indication this isn't comic Thor.

#21 Edited by catofellow (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins all 3

Round 1- Season 1 Sylar abilities (added Regen) vs Thor
Even with regen, Sylar loses. I don't remember character names at this point, but Sylar was stomped by the girl with Superhuman strength, and she was way below the Thor who slaughtered the ice giants with ease.

Round 2- Season 3 Sylar abilities vs Thor
TK, regen, and shape shifting basically. Not much of an improvement (if any) over the modified version 1.

Round 3- Future Sylar Abilities(Five Years Gone episode) vs Thor
Due to limitations in special effects in the TV show, Sylars implied strength is much greater, but no visual demonstration of Sylar's power really matches Thor taking out the destroyer, his battle with Loki, or again, the way is mowed through the ice giants. Sylar has regen going for him, but Thor suffered what would be a mortal wound for a human when Loki stabbed him, and seemed to be unaffected not long after. I say Thor clears this one too.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: It's obvious that Thor has the durability and strength advantage and yes, we've seen far weaker people knock out Sylar by repeatedly punching him (Pete in season two or three I believe). But in that case, Sylar wasn't fighting back and at that point, believed the two of them to be brothers. I guess Thor could win by incinerating Sylar, which would potentially knock him out temporarily or be a cause for brief incapacitation.

#23 Posted by never give up (9456 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: It's obvious that Thor has the durability and strength advantage and yes, we've seen far weaker people knock out Sylar by repeatedly punching him (Pete in season two or three I believe). But in that case, Sylar wasn't fighting back and at that point, believed the two of them to be brothers. I guess Thor could win by incinerating Sylar, which would potentially knock him out temporarily or be a cause for brief incapacitation.

Well Sylar isn't exactly going to be just standing there. I still think Sylar can give a good fight.

#24 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: I did it because you're trying to be all commanding and failing at even recognizing where you're doing it. Shut up next time.

Oh yes you poor innocent thing. You were just trying to be helpful huh? Well don't.

That's an expression. lol. Troll harder.

And fail harder with that pic since you did epic fail. That's not a good thing.

YOU don't get to backseat mod. "Champ".

#25 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: I did it because you're trying to be all commanding and failing at even recognizing where you're doing it. Shut up next time.

Oh yes you poor innocent thing. You were just trying to be helpful huh? Well don't.

That's an expression. lol. "Troll harder", wrote the Troll.

And fail harder with that pic since you did epic fail. That's not a good thing.

YOU don't get to backseat mod. "Champ".

I'm not getting drawn into a confrontation with you bc that's exactly what you wanted in the first place. Why else would you bring up comic book Thor when never give up clearly stated that he was using the movie version for this battle? And then to follow up by throwing out your bait?? Inviting all challengers to come at you??? "Come at me." That's what you wrote, right???? But I',mmmmmm the troll????? lol nice try, lil' slugger.

Hey fernandoneedlesslylongusernamereborn:

#26 Edited by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: You're so easy to see through it's hilarious. No one makes a big show about not wanting to get into a conversation with someone. They just stop replying. Your last word complex is something I see daily, you're a typical sub par troll.

You know why. Because I didn't see that part of his post.

Lol you're adorable. Ok, you realize you're just being an ass, so you desperately cling to me saying "come at me" when it's just a typical expression used by someone who might be expecting controversy over his decision on a thread. Not me inviting to go off subject.

You're damn right you're a troll. You're a boring, back seat mod, troll who's trying too hard and is desperate to not accept how stupid he sounds by posting pics and failing with them. If you have any sense of self respect, you'd accept you were being dumb and drop it. But you won't because heaven forbid someone have a last word on you right?

Hey, idiot, it's my channel name. :) Not random numbers.

#27 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: You're so easy to see through it's hilarious. No one makes a big show about not wanting to get into a conversation with someone. They just stop replying. Your last word complex is something I see daily, you're a typical sub par troll.

Lol you're adorable. Ok, you realize you're just being an ass, so you desperately cling to me saying "come at me" when it's just a typical expression used by someone who might be expecting controversy over his decision on a thread. Not me inviting to go off subject.

You're damn right you're a troll. You're a boring, back seat mod, troll who's trying too hard and is desperate to not accept how stupid he sounds by posting pics and failing with them. If you have any sense of self respect, you'd accept you were being dumb and drop it. But you won't because heaven forbid someone have a last word on you right?

Hey, idiot, it's my channel name. :) Not random numbers.

Whatevs kid, I'm gonna let the mods take over from here.

#28 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn: But before I go, I wanted to show you that post you didn't see from earlier

@carter_esque:

@never_give_up: MCU or 616 Thor?

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@never_give_up: MCU or 616 Thor?

Movie Version.

Embarrassed much? I would be... Now pick your face up off the ground and go be a nuisance in someone else's thread, lil' fella.

I'm done now. Yeah... yeah I think I won that lol

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by Pyrogram (34311 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn: You are needlessly arguing and de-railing a thread with unnecessary insults. I care little for who started as you both are continuing it. If you have something to attribute to battle at hand then please do so. Otherwise, there is no point in posting if it merely resorts to is this pointless squabble.

If you have a problem in the future with someone, flag the user and leave it be.