Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Carter_esque
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Rules:

1. Morals: OFF
  2. Weapons: Powers and Hand-to-Hand combat only
  3. Earth-616Mimic (Sorry I downloaded the Exiles version pic by mistake).
  4. Sylar can use every ability that he "acquired" during Heroes' run.
  5. Location: Utopia (Marvel)
  6. They cannot mimic or steal each other's abilities.
  7. Prep: None

Who wins and Why?

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is on Utopia?

Can they both copy the same person's power?

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mimic has the original xmens powers including jean and bobby. Mimic wins.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which version of Sylar is this? Season 1 or Season 4?

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Sylar copy powers the same way Mimic can?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inconvenient_truth: He has them from when they where young. So Telekinesis and Telepathy from Jean but only from when she was in the 60s and the same for Iceman.
@herecomestheboom_headshot: He copies powers 1 of 2 ways. Either through emphatically connecting with the person and understanding them. Or he cuts open their heads and examines their brain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He copies powers 1 of 2 ways. Either through emphatically connecting with the person and understanding them. Or he cuts open their heads and examines their brain.

1. Hold long does it take for him to connect and understand them?
2. How does cutting open their head and examining them give him powers?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@herecomestheboom_headshot:

1. It depends he seems to have copied Elle's ability in just a few moments but this was due to him understanding the pain they both caused one another (she turned him into a serial killer and he killed her father). But he also copied the Shapeshifters abilities fairly quick as well.

2. He examines how the brain is different and then somehow alters his own brain to mimic it or at least add it to his own. This was not clear till season 4 and several points in the earlier seasons no longer make sense (Some suggested he ate the brain and assimilated it, his dna was changed, etc)

Also if this mimic is the mimic from the pic.. this one has abilities but at half the strength of the originals and he possesses Wolverines Healing, Colossus's skin, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. It depends he seems to have copied Elle's ability in just a few moments but this was due to him understanding the pain they both caused one another (she turned him into a serial killer and he killed her father). But he also copied the Shapeshifters abilities fairly quick as well.

2. He examines how the brain is different and then somehow alters his own brain to mimic it or at least add it to his own. This was not clear till season 4 and several points in the earlier seasons no longer make sense (Some suggested he ate the brain and assimilated it, his dna was changed, etc)

Also if this mimic is the mimic from the pic.. this one has abilities but at half the strength of the originals and he possesses Wolverines Healing, Colossus's skin, etc.

1. What are Sylar's current powers?
2. How potent (versatile) are those powers? (Referring to #1).
3. What is his weakness(s)?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Perpetr8rMike

Sylar has 19 powers, including his own. Mimic has 6 powers, including his own. It comes down to who can copy who's abilities better and quicker, and I think Mimic has it perfectly.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

Except

They

cannot

mimic or steal each other's abilities. < from the OP

Also Sylar can only be killed if you pierce his head in the right spot, a spot which he has sense changed with his shapeshifting as Danko shot him in that spot and he was uninjured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except

They

cannot

mimic or steal each other's abilities. < from the OP

Also Sylar can only be killed if you pierce his head in the right spot, a spot which he has sense changed with his shapeshifting as Danko shot him in that spot and he was uninjured

Doesn't that make this battle one-sided in favor of Sylar, then? Not being able to copy each others' abilities kind of defeats the purpose of having two characters who can copy powers against one another. And the fact that Sylar has way more powers than Mimic is basically a way of not only over-powering Sylar, but giving him advantages in practically all areas of the fight. By that logic, Sylar automatically wins, which, as stated in this post, makes this battle one-sided.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: They are on Utopia, which means Mimic has potential access to more mutant powers while Sylar is restricted to his own. In fact I doubt he could copy a mutants powers as easily. So you have Mimic who can mimic any power on the island so long as he is near enough to the mutant vs Sylar who is restricted to his current power set.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: They are on Utopia, which means Mimic has potential access to more mutant powers while Sylar is restricted to his own. In fact I doubt he could copy a mutants powers as easily. So you have Mimic who can mimic any power on the island so long as he is near enough to the mutant vs Sylar who is restricted to his current power set.

Okay, I missed those points in the OP. Or I plain just didn't realize 'em. These bold points make the fight more fairer. And in respect to both characters, Mimic still seems more versatile, especially here.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: Versatility is great but the ability to use them is better. Can mimic use the copied abilities effectively once he has them? If this is Exiles Mimic his abilities would be restricted to 5 plus his own, but he could change them up. They would also be at half power. If this is 616 Mimic this seems not to be the case but he has less control.

Sylar once he mimics a power seems to develop it fully very quickly due to his original ability to see how it works and understand it. This is why he is so dangerous in the Heroes universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Versatility is great but the ability to use them is better. Can mimic use the copied abilities effectively once he has them? If this is Exiles Mimic his abilities would be restricted to 5 plus his own, but he could change them up. They would also be at half power. If this is 616 Mimic this seems not to be the case but he has less control.

Sylar once he mimics a power seems to develop it fully very quickly due to his original ability to see how it works and understand it. This is why he is so dangerous in the Heroes universe.

I don't remember Mimic ever having a limitation to how effective he can use the abilities. At one time, there was an instance (or text) that claimed he could use abilities he copied to their fullest potential. I could be wrong on that front, but confirmation either way would be helpful. What really bugs me about Sylar is what you claimed in that he understands how powers work and can use them to their fullest, too. How does he go about doing that? I mean, how does he automatically gain the fullest potential of abilities without training with them, first?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: I was referring to two dimension versions of Mimic
Exiles Mimic is who the pic is of. 616 is the one who was a villain for a bit and even a Dark X-Man.

Sylar's ability is Intuitive Aptitude which he can use to learn how things work, when they are not working correctly, etc. He can do this almost instantly. For his abilities he can see how the power works, understand how to use it and how if he does this the ability does that, he can see how the system (Ability in this case) works and how to best use it. He has shown FAR better feats with his Telekinesis then the original owner seemed to dare dream. (Brian Davis)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was referring to two dimension versions of Mimic

Exiles Mimic is who the pic is of. 616 is the one who was a villain for a bit and even a Dark X-Man.

Sylar's ability is

Intuitive Aptitude

which he can use to learn how things work, when they are not working correctly, etc. He can do this almost instantly. For his abilities he can see how the power works, understand how to use it and how if he does this the ability does that, he can see how the system (Ability in this case) works and how to best use it. He has shown FAR better feats with his Telekinesis then the original owner seemed to dare dream. (

Brian Davis

)

This fight remains a tough decision. In the long run, with all the Mutants Mimic can copy from, I'm sure there are more Mutants on Utopia than Sylar's number of powers. With that, I have to keep my vote for Mimic.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: Very true there are more mutants, but the idea is. Does the number matter? If Sylar where just a telekinetic could Mimic still beat him?

Recall Mimic has been bested by other people who has fewer powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very true there are more mutants, but the idea is. Does the number matter? If Sylar where just a telekinetic could Mimic still beat him?

Recall Mimic has been bested by other people who has fewer powers.

The number does, especially if Mimic can use those powers to their fullest. I can also imagine Sylar having issues with Mimic's optic blasts, metal claws, etc. My only concern is how potent Sylar uses his own abilities against others. Does he use one at a time or multiple, and in what ways?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: Optic Blast might be a bother, but he can use Telekinesis to deflect and Flight to avoid close range. The Claws (Wolverine's are bone naturally) would be little bother.

Sylar has been shown to use multiple abilities at once as well as using Telekinesis for great effect against multiple soldiers and the like.

Avatar image for apocalypsereigns
Apocalypsereigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herecomestheboom_headshot: His initial power is understanding how things work and as such studying brain allows him to understand how posers work. And his emphatic sense is practically instantaneous now. I give the win to sylar because with all the heroes powers hes much stronger than mimic who can copy five powers at a time but only very limited powers

db_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, Mimic only absorbed jeans telekinesis.

Sylar wins.

-Nuke powers capable of destroying cities

-Wolverine level regeneration

-Molecular freezing

-Molecular manipulation

-Precogntion

-Hypersonic flight

-Electric manipulation,capable of disintegration

Sound manipaltion, capable of disintegration.

Telepathy negation

Illusion (basically telepathy)

Phasing

Enhanced hearing