• 74 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by never give up (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Battles are won by KO or death. This is Hulk from the movie The Avengers.

Round 1- Season 3 Sylar

Round 2- Future Sylar from the Five Years Gone episode.

#2 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

sylar wins, he's far more versatile, and hulk's strength shouldn't be a problem to him due to healing factor.

#3 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

sylar wins, he's far more versatile, and hulk's strength shouldn't be a problem to him due to healing factor.

lol what? there are still ways to prevent sylar from healing, for certain, i'm sure hulk could literally beat him into mush, that alone should rupture his "weak spot" and prevent him from healing, sylar's outclassed here.

furthermore, if Sylar attempted to restrain Hulk with tk, he would fail, their tk doesn't seem capable of taking beings in hulks strength tier ( movie wise). Peter was seen straining to open a locked vault with his tk back in season 2, one i'm sure hulk could of easily ripped open.

#4 Edited by Comiccrazeraze (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Um i disagree, Hulk wins... Can you say Sylar paste anyone? Imagine the Loki scene but Sylar in hulks hands... He made a frickin god moan in pain

#5 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Um i disagree, Hulk wins... Can you say Sylar paste anyone? Imagine the Loki scene but Sylar in hulks hands... He made a frickin god moan in pain

this.

#6 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@comiccrazeraze: @x_insignia1:

considering that peter survived being practically nuked i doubt movie hulk would be any trouble, he can't really do anything to the healing factor not to mention that sylar is far more versatile.

#7 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@comiccrazeraze: @x_insignia1:

considering that peter survived being practically nuked i doubt movie hulk would be any trouble, he can't really do anything to the healing factor not to mention that sylar is far more versatile.

but sylar has a weak spot that prevents him from regenerating/using any of his abilities, if the hulk manages to tag that, he's done. and what is Sylar going to do to the hulk exactly?

#8 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

use radioactivity on him, hulk's durability isn't that great.

#9 Posted by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar pins the hulk with telepathy then carves his skull and takes a look at the brain to see how the hulk "works". He then proceeds to absorb the hulks power and adds it to his roster.

#10 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk gets stomped. Sylar can fly to stay away from him, has TK to just hold him in place, turn him into gold, etc. Also - with his radiation powers, couldn't he just suck all the gamma radiation out of Hulk? That one is stretching it, but the first 3 he could easily do.

#11 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks powers come from body wide mutation due to gamma radiation, doubt Sylar is absorbing anything

#12 Posted by dondave (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar

#13 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

What tk feats does Sylar have that makes people believe he can use it effectively to hold the Hulk? We have not seen the limits of his alchemy, but Bob was only able to use it on a single adult man, Hulk is several times larger and this ability requires focus and physical contact, Sylar can be easily swatted upon contact. He can't absorb radiation, unless I missed something. A thunder clap would wreck havoc on Sylars super sensitive ears, he is then hammered into a bloody mess. He is not invulnerable he only heals, he can feel pain and be knocked unconscious something one hit from the Hulk should do with ease.

#14 Posted by MrPhoenix (312 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1HCoTiVWUA

At 1:20 he flips over a speeding truck like it's nothing. Given he could do that effortlessly, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he could hold Hulk in the air long enough to slice his head off or turn him into gold, especially since he can just fly above Hulk to avoid all of his attacks.

@lordofallhumans: Thank you, for talking sense.

New nickname: "the fanboy whisperer"

#16 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Um i disagree, Hulk wins... Can you say Sylar paste anyone? Imagine the Loki scene but Sylar in hulks hands... He made a frickin god moan in pain

I always love when people bring this up.

Why exactly was that scene impressive, especially considering it was intended to be funny? Loki walks right up to Hulk, doesn't try to fight him or do anything, and starts yelling. Hulk grabs him up (again Loki didn't expect this)slams him into the ground multiple times as hard as he can, yet Loki's still not KO'd. Yes, he made a god moan in pain, not impressive since Thor was stapped. The entire Avengers movie is inconsistent.

Sylar's not going to fight that way.

#17 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@lordofallhumans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1HCoTiVWUA

At 1:20 he flips over a speeding truck like it's nothing. Given he could do that effortlessly, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he could hold Hulk in the air long enough to slice his head off or turn him into gold, especially since he can just fly above Hulk to avoid all of his attacks.

@mrphoenix said:

@lordofallhumans: Thank you, for talking sense.

New nickname: "the fanboy whisperer"

I was hoping there was another instance, as far I was aware that was his greatest use of tk and I don't see how that would allow him to actually hold Hulk long enough to do anything. IIRC Thor was unable to hold him and Thors strength IMO outclasses the strength of Sylars tk.

#18 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

use radioactivity on him, hulk's durability isn't that great.

compared to Sylars? his durability is awesome , be serious,the same hulk from the avengers is supposed to be the same hulk from the 2008 film. The guy was taking bullets and ripping off the top of tanks.

Sylar doesn't absorb radiation.

Secondly sylar has no feet to suggest that he could take the hulk with tk. He could easily be knocked unconscious.

C'mon now, seriously.

#19 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar accidentaly killed 200,000 people with his induced radioactivity

#20 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

use radioactivity on him, hulk's durability isn't that great.

compared to Sylars? his durability is awesome , be serious,the same hulk from the avengers is supposed to be the same hulk from the 2008 film. The guy was taking bullets and ripping off the top of tanks.

Sylar doesn't absorb radiation.

Secondly sylar has no feet to suggest that he could take the hulk with tk. He could easily be knocked unconscious.

C'mon now, seriously.

never said that sylar would absorb his radiation, i said that he can use radiation on him.

i never stated anything about telekinesis so im not sure why would you bring this up.

#21 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

@equonox said:

@lordofallhumans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1HCoTiVWUA

At 1:20 he flips over a speeding truck like it's nothing. Given he could do that effortlessly, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he could hold Hulk in the air long enough to slice his head off or turn him into gold, especially since he can just fly above Hulk to avoid all of his attacks.

@mrphoenix said:

@lordofallhumans: Thank you, for talking sense.

New nickname: "the fanboy whisperer"

I was hoping there was another instance, as far I was aware that was his greatest use of tk and I don't see how that would allow him to actually hold Hulk long enough to do anything. IIRC Thor was unable to hold him and Thors strength IMO outclasses the strength of Sylars tk.

That's comparing apples to oranges - physical strength to non-physical strength. The movie Hulk likely weighed 1-2 tons (that's being generous); the truck Sylar [effortlessly] stops and flips weighed at least that much, if not more. If he is able to suspend the Hulk in the air, the Hulk would be able to do nothing to fight it as he wouldn't be able to leverage his mass as if he was on the ground. Your assertion that Thor/Hulk outclasses his TK is completely warrantless and without basis; all we know is that Sylar can, with minimal effort, lift and control objects of greater mass than the Hulk. Therefor, all of our arguments concerning him beating Hulk via TK/Alchemy seem to make more sense (especially because he only needs to touch the Hulk for a short time to turn him to gold, or slice his head off via TK)

@x_insignia1: try watching the clip I posted - as stated, Sylar effortlessly lifts a truck weighing way more than the Hulk. So, he isn't remotely featless in that camp.

#22 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

use radioactivity on him, hulk's durability isn't that great.

compared to Sylars? his durability is awesome , be serious,the same hulk from the avengers is supposed to be the same hulk from the 2008 film. The guy was taking bullets and ripping off the top of tanks.

Sylar doesn't absorb radiation.

Secondly sylar has no feet to suggest that he could take the hulk with tk. He could easily be knocked unconscious.

C'mon now, seriously.

never said that sylar would absorb his radiation, i said that he can use radiation on him.

i never stated anything about telekinesis so im not sure why would you bring this up.

I never stated that, and radiation would be useless, the hulk is a walking gamma bomb.

And i never stated you mentioned telekinesis, I simply mentioned it because tk would most likely be Sylar's avenue of attack, which would most likely result in failure.

#23 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@equonox said:

@lordofallhumans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1HCoTiVWUA

At 1:20 he flips over a speeding truck like it's nothing. Given he could do that effortlessly, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he could hold Hulk in the air long enough to slice his head off or turn him into gold, especially since he can just fly above Hulk to avoid all of his attacks.

@mrphoenix said:

@lordofallhumans: Thank you, for talking sense.

New nickname: "the fanboy whisperer"

I was hoping there was another instance, as far I was aware that was his greatest use of tk and I don't see how that would allow him to actually hold Hulk long enough to do anything. IIRC Thor was unable to hold him and Thors strength IMO outclasses the strength of Sylars tk.

That's comparing apples to oranges - physical strength to non-physical strength. The movie Hulk likely weighed 1-2 tons (that's being generous); the truck Sylar [effortlessly] stops and flips weighed at least that much, if not more. If he is able to suspend the Hulk in the air, the Hulk would be able to do nothing to fight it as he wouldn't be able to leverage his mass as if he was on the ground. Your assertion that Thor/Hulk outclasses his TK is completely warrantless and without basis; all we know is that Sylar can, with minimal effort, lift and control objects of greater mass than the Hulk. Therefor, all of our arguments concerning him beating Hulk via TK/Alchemy seem to make more sense (especially because he only needs to touch the Hulk for a short time to turn him to gold, or slice his head off via TK)

@x_insignia1: try watching the clip I posted - as stated, Sylar effortlessly lifts a truck weighing way more than the Hulk. So, he isn't remotely featless in that camp.

I've seen the clip, still not convinced. He may be able to suspend the hulk with tk, but a thunderclap would surely knock him out, if not unconscious, back many feet. The Hulk takes this.

#24 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

use radioactivity on him, hulk's durability isn't that great.

compared to Sylars? his durability is awesome , be serious,the same hulk from the avengers is supposed to be the same hulk from the 2008 film. The guy was taking bullets and ripping off the top of tanks.

Sylar doesn't absorb radiation.

Secondly sylar has no feet to suggest that he could take the hulk with tk. He could easily be knocked unconscious.

C'mon now, seriously.

never said that sylar would absorb his radiation, i said that he can use radiation on him.

i never stated anything about telekinesis so im not sure why would you bring this up.

I never stated that, and radiation would be useless, the hulk is a walking gamma bomb.

And i never stated you mentioned telekinesis, I simply mentioned it because tk would most likely be Sylar's avenue of attack, which would most likely result in failure.

it doesn't really matter what hulk is, considering that sylar's radioactivity was able to destroy a whole city id say he can kill the hulk with much less amount of radiation that that.

yes it most likely would, also don't forget that he can predict the future, with that he would be expecting hulk which would give him an advantage.

#25 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

use radioactivity on him, hulk's durability isn't that great.

compared to Sylars? his durability is awesome , be serious,the same hulk from the avengers is supposed to be the same hulk from the 2008 film. The guy was taking bullets and ripping off the top of tanks.

Sylar doesn't absorb radiation.

Secondly sylar has no feet to suggest that he could take the hulk with tk. He could easily be knocked unconscious.

C'mon now, seriously.

never said that sylar would absorb his radiation, i said that he can use radiation on him.

i never stated anything about telekinesis so im not sure why would you bring this up.

I never stated that, and radiation would be useless, the hulk is a walking gamma bomb.

And i never stated you mentioned telekinesis, I simply mentioned it because tk would most likely be Sylar's avenue of attack, which would most likely result in failure.

it doesn't really matter what hulk is, considering that sylar's radioactivity was able to destroy a whole city id say he can kill the hulk with much less amount of radiation that that.

yes it most likely would, also don't forget that he can predict the future, with that he would be expecting hulk which would give him an advantage.

so because he could destroy a city with a nucrear explosion that would destroy the hulk? are you kidding me? Hulk is not only more durable than Sylar, but has a better healing factor, Bruce shot himself in the mouth and the hulk spat the bullet out. You're suggesting Sylar can kill the hulk, something that his feats definitely do not reinforce. Get real. And what would predicting the future do? he would foresee himself getting his sh!t pushed in by Bruce? A useless ability in this battle, he needs to sit, and concentrate to paint the future, something i'm sure that he will not have the luxury of doing. And no response the thunderclap statement? gotcha.

#26 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

And if i recall, i believe the Hulk generally absorbs radiation, I don't see anything nuclear related being an issue. if i'm wrong, then that's on me.

#27 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

#28 Edited by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

If Sylar can TK a massive lorry then he can suspend the hulk in the air with his arms and legs pinned and slice the top of his head off, pull the brain out a bit and see how it works and there ya go, Sylar Hulk!

#29 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

If a nuke manages to injure greatly physically, I don't see his regen failing him, that's what i'm implying. And I mentioned the thunderclap a few post back. Going nuclear wouldn't give/lose any ground, reason being both of them have healing factors that would restore them. And i just realized Bana's hulk survived a nuclear explosion, that feat would not apply to this hulk nonetheless.

#30 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

If a nuke manages to injure greatly physically, I don't see his regen failing him, that's what i'm implying. And I mentioned the thunderclap a few post back. Going nuclear wouldn't give/lose any ground, reason being both of them have healing factors that would restore them. And i just realized Bana's hulk survived a nuclear explosion, that feat would not apply to this hulk nonetheless.

not true, the radiation would simply be too much for hulk to handle, otherwise you might as well say destroying the earth wouldn't kill hulk.

i dont think bana's hulk did survive a nuke, it was another time of an explosion which i can't recall right now, not that it matter since it's completely non canon.

can you point out where exactly did you mention the thunderclap?

#31 Posted by tparks (4383 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

I don't remember any part of the avengers movie that demonstrates movie hulks healing factor enough to say it is better then Sylars.

#32 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@x_insignia1:

I don't remember any part of the avengers movie that demonstrates movie hulks healing factor enough to say it is better then Sylars.

even if that is the case, Sylar does not have the sufficient output to damage the hulk, unless he goes nuclear, which would K.O him in the process as well, and an unlikely avenue.

#33 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

If a nuke manages to injure greatly physically, I don't see his regen failing him, that's what i'm implying. And I mentioned the thunderclap a few post back. Going nuclear wouldn't give/lose any ground, reason being both of them have healing factors that would restore them. And i just realized Bana's hulk survived a nuclear explosion, that feat would not apply to this hulk nonetheless.

not true, the radiation would simply be too much for hulk to handle, otherwise you might as well say destroying the earth wouldn't kill hulk.

i dont think bana's hulk did survive a nuke, it was another time of an explosion which i can't recall right now, not that it matter since it's completely non canon.

can you point out where exactly did you mention the thunderclap?

For one, a nuclear explosion does not decimate a planet, so i don't even see how you can compare the two. And the destruction seen in the future was only in NY. and the blast would K.O Sylar as well I believe. And Bana's Hulk did survive nuclear explosion. He was hit by a gamma bomb in the final battle, he was later seen alive hiding out in Brazil.

and this is what i wrote " I've seen the clip, still not convinced. He may be able to suspend the hulk with tk, but a thunderclap would surely knock him out, if not unconscious, back many feet. The Hulk takes this. "

#34 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

If a nuke manages to injure greatly physically, I don't see his regen failing him, that's what i'm implying. And I mentioned the thunderclap a few post back. Going nuclear wouldn't give/lose any ground, reason being both of them have healing factors that would restore them. And i just realized Bana's hulk survived a nuclear explosion, that feat would not apply to this hulk nonetheless.

not true, the radiation would simply be too much for hulk to handle, otherwise you might as well say destroying the earth wouldn't kill hulk.

i dont think bana's hulk did survive a nuke, it was another time of an explosion which i can't recall right now, not that it matter since it's completely non canon.

can you point out where exactly did you mention the thunderclap?

For one, a nuclear explosion does not decimate a planet, so i don't even see how you can compare the two. And the destruction seen in the future was only in NY. and the blast would K.O Sylar as well I believe. And Bana's Hulk did survive nuclear explosion. He was hit by a gamma bomb in the final battle, he was later seen alive hiding out in Brazil.

and this is what i wrote " I've seen the clip, still not convinced. He may be able to suspend the hulk with tk, but a thunderclap would surely knock him out, if not unconscious, back many feet. The Hulk takes this. "

i know it doesn't but you said as long as it hurts him physically his healing factor would heal him, what i was saying that his healing factor has a limit , i dont see him surviving a nuke.

and as i said before it wouldn't require a nuke level explosion to destroy the hulk, only a certain amount well below nuke level.

bana's is non canon, no need to mention him further.

must've missed it, anyway, i dont recall hulk using a thunderclap in avengers, the only time he used a thunderclap was in the final fight with abomination in incredible hulk IIRC, and that is also non-canon, so it's completely irrelevant.

#35 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: movie Hulk hasn't displayed REMOTELY the type of durability and healing factor your claiming. Not. Even. Close. You have ZERO evidence that the Hulk would be able to resist TK at all, in fact you admit Sylar could easily suspend him. If that's the case, there's nothing preventing Sylar from holding the Hulk's hands apart from each other, too. He has no means of beating Sylar, and given that this is movie Hulk you have literally zero feats to back up any of the arguments you have made. This debate is over.

#36 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@x_insignia1: movie Hulk hasn't displayed REMOTELY the type of durability and healing factor your claiming. Not. Even. Close. You have ZERO evidence that the Hulk would be able to resist TK at all, in fact you admit Sylar could easily suspend him. If that's the case, there's nothing preventing Sylar from holding the Hulk's hands apart from each other, too. He has no means of beating Sylar, and given that this is movie Hulk you have literally zero feats to back up any of the arguments you have made. This debate is over.

pause, step back a few. What has Sylar done to even suggest that he has the TK to restrain hulk WHAT FEATS DOES OF TK DOES HE HAVE TO SUGGEST THIS? Peter, a TK more or less equal to Sylar struggled opening a locked vault, something i'm sure Hulk could of easily tore off. WHAT YOU'RE implying suggest squat. A thunderclap would surely knock Sylar down. Peter easily snapped his neck in season 3. I'm sure hulk would do the same. The Jitari whale punch >>>> any heroes strength feat. The greatest strength feast in heroes i reckon was Mohinder ripping off a car door, which is novice compared to what the Hulk has done in the films. Bruce Instantly regenerated from an attempted suicide gun attemp. The feats from The Inrecible Hulk film in 2008 are canon to the Avengers Film. Heroes, time and time again has shown that regens that have objects lodged within their heads are incapable of regenerating, unless removed. You're right, this debate is over, Hulk wins obviously.

#37 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

If a nuke manages to injure greatly physically, I don't see his regen failing him, that's what i'm implying. And I mentioned the thunderclap a few post back. Going nuclear wouldn't give/lose any ground, reason being both of them have healing factors that would restore them. And i just realized Bana's hulk survived a nuclear explosion, that feat would not apply to this hulk nonetheless.

not true, the radiation would simply be too much for hulk to handle, otherwise you might as well say destroying the earth wouldn't kill hulk.

i dont think bana's hulk did survive a nuke, it was another time of an explosion which i can't recall right now, not that it matter since it's completely non canon.

can you point out where exactly did you mention the thunderclap?

For one, a nuclear explosion does not decimate a planet, so i don't even see how you can compare the two. And the destruction seen in the future was only in NY. and the blast would K.O Sylar as well I believe. And Bana's Hulk did survive nuclear explosion. He was hit by a gamma bomb in the final battle, he was later seen alive hiding out in Brazil.

and this is what i wrote " I've seen the clip, still not convinced. He may be able to suspend the hulk with tk, but a thunderclap would surely knock him out, if not unconscious, back many feet. The Hulk takes this. "

i know it doesn't but you said as long as it hurts him physically his healing factor would heal him, what i was saying that his healing factor has a limit , i dont see him surviving a nuke.

and as i said before it wouldn't require a nuke level explosion to destroy the hulk, only a certain amount well below nuke level.

bana's is non canon, no need to mention him further.

must've missed it, anyway, i dont recall hulk using a thunderclap in avengers, the only time he used a thunderclap was in the final fight with abomination in incredible hulk IIRC, and that is also non-canon, so it's completely irrelevant.

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

and you're implying that hulk can survive a nuke? i dont care if he has a better healing factor or not, even several chitauri's were able to overwhelm the hulk, a nuke is more than enough. and are you saying that hulk can absorb a nuke level explosion? not even remotely

thunderclap? you never stated anything about a thunderclap.

If a nuke manages to injure greatly physically, I don't see his regen failing him, that's what i'm implying. And I mentioned the thunderclap a few post back. Going nuclear wouldn't give/lose any ground, reason being both of them have healing factors that would restore them. And i just realized Bana's hulk survived a nuclear explosion, that feat would not apply to this hulk nonetheless.

not true, the radiation would simply be too much for hulk to handle, otherwise you might as well say destroying the earth wouldn't kill hulk.

i dont think bana's hulk did survive a nuke, it was another time of an explosion which i can't recall right now, not that it matter since it's completely non canon.

can you point out where exactly did you mention the thunderclap?

For one, a nuclear explosion does not decimate a planet, so i don't even see how you can compare the two. And the destruction seen in the future was only in NY. and the blast would K.O Sylar as well I believe. And Bana's Hulk did survive nuclear explosion. He was hit by a gamma bomb in the final battle, he was later seen alive hiding out in Brazil.

and this is what i wrote " I've seen the clip, still not convinced. He may be able to suspend the hulk with tk, but a thunderclap would surely knock him out, if not unconscious, back many feet. The Hulk takes this. "

i know it doesn't but you said as long as it hurts him physically his healing factor would heal him, what i was saying that his healing factor has a limit , i dont see him surviving a nuke.

and as i said before it wouldn't require a nuke level explosion to destroy the hulk, only a certain amount well below nuke level.

bana's is non canon, no need to mention him further.

must've missed it, anyway, i dont recall hulk using a thunderclap in avengers, the only time he used a thunderclap was in the final fight with abomination in incredible hulk IIRC, and that is also non-canon, so it's completely irrelevant.

How would you even know the limits of his regen? do you have specific proof? And actually the 2008 Hulk film is canon to the Avengers movie, Stark made an appearance after the credits.
And how would a nuke destroy the hulk, what evidence do you have to suggest this?
Therefore all feats from the 2008 film are acceptable.

COME AT ME BRO.

#38 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

well that's the thing, there's nothing to suggest that he can survive a nuke.........

oh yes, sorry that was my bad, i watched the scene after the credits, must've slipped my mind.

#39 Edited by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1:

well that's the thing, there's nothing to suggest that he can survive a nuke.........

oh yes, sorry that was my bad, i watched the scene after the credits, must've slipped my mind.

Furthermore, would Sylar survive the nuke? remember he has a weak spot that renders him useless if hit. After his explosion, after his son's death it was never stated if he survived or not. So assuming he did would just be pure speculation. Doesn't really seem applicable.

#40 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@x_insignia1:

well that's the thing, there's nothing to suggest that he can survive a nuke.........

oh yes, sorry that was my bad, i watched the scene after the credits, must've slipped my mind.

Furthermore, would Sylar survive the nuke? remember he has a weak spot that renders him useless if hit. After his explosion, after his son's death it was never stated if he survived or not. So assuming he did would just be pure speculation. Doesn't really seem applicable.

fair enough, but neither can we assume that the hulk can survive it.

#41 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: He effortlessly flips a speeding truck that weighs more than the Hulk with the flick of a finger - you have NO EVIDENCE that a) the movie Hulk would be able to fight that sort of TK or b) Sylar's upper limit is lower than movie Hulk's. EVEN IF Hulk was able to move his hands, Sylar's TK would certainly be able to at least slow his hands down enough to prevent a damn sonic boom. Meanwhile, Sylar cuts his head off. I'm done arguing with you - you're the only one remaining who thinks the Hulk wins this.

#42 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

@x_insignia1: He effortlessly flips a speeding truck that weighs more than the Hulk with the flick of a finger - you have NO EVIDENCE that a) the movie Hulk would be able to fight that sort of TK or b) Sylar's upper limit is lower than movie Hulk's. EVEN IF Hulk was able to move his hands, Sylar's TK would certainly be able to at least slow his hands down enough to prevent a damn sonic boom. Meanwhile, Sylar cuts his head off. I'm done arguing with you - you're the only one remaining who thinks the Hulk wins this.

How does flipping a truck that was already in motion suggest Sylar is capable of restraining someone of hulks size and power? faulty logic guy. By that assumption Manchester black should of easily been capable of restraining Superman. Given that the truck was already in motion, the speed alone would of assisted in accomplishing such a feat. The truck flipped in the same direction of it's initial velocity. In short, it would be more difficult to flip a stationary truck rather than a truck in motion. Slim, that feat does display much credibility. You're assuming Sylar has the power to stop the Hulk from generating a thunder clap, something I highly doubt. In the 2008 hulk film Bruce resisted two devices that easily generated enough force to easily crush anything in their paths. Hulk was caught in their path and still managed to ultimately destroy them. Those devices appeared to generate more force than Sylar's tk. And no, i'm not the only one that feels the hulk would ultimately pull a win. Few post ago you stated Sylar would "fly" which he can't at this point, he hasn't acquired Nathan's powers. At most, he would levitate, and as far as transmutating Bruce into gold, ( which i doubt would work) that woudld require touch, which would most likely result in the Hulk grabbing Sylar and pulling his head off. Until you show me an instance of Sylar affecting an object of some sort if Jitari Whale's size, there's nothing to suggest Sylar could pull a win. Far as Sylar's upper limit, one can assume that peter and Sylar were evenly matched in tk. Peter struggled with sealed vault in order to destroy the virus within. I Reckon the hulk has ripped off tanks with a bit more ease. You have no evidence to suggest that Sylar's upper limit is above Hulk's strength. you have no evidence to suggest that Sylar could restrain hulk with his tk. In all honesty, we can play this cat and mouse sh!t all day, in the end. It is very evident that bruce has demonstrated feats above Sylar's demonstrated tk. I believe Sylar has been captured by a few agents on more than one occasion. Any instance that required the capture of the Hulk required multiples tanks, soldiers and other weapons. That alone should tell you something.

#43 Posted by never give up (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so you Future Sylar can go intangible.

#44 Posted by The_Imperator (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: Sylar flipped it up. Am I remembering physics wrong, because I don't seem to recall learning that speed in one direction helps movement in a perpendicular direction unless in a magnetic/electrical field. With that in mind, Sylar is still lifting several tons straight up, not helped by a forward directed speed. And he did it without even trying. On top of that, he can tag Hulk with flight + holding him still with TK and turn parts of him into gold.

#45 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: Sylar flipped it up. Am I remembering physics wrong, because I don't seem to recall learning that speed in one direction helps movement in a perpendicular direction unless in a magnetic/electrical field. With that in mind, Sylar is still lifting several tons straight up, not helped by a forward directed speed. And he did it without even trying. On top of that, he can tag Hulk with flight + holding him still with TK and turn parts of him into gold.

the fact that he flipped the truck in a direction that it was already traveling, seems less work to me, rather than working against the force, he worked with it. I see what you're saying, but i'm betting my money that if the truck where traveling in the opposite direction, it would be a bit more work. Nonetheless, Sylar cannot fly in season 3. and again, transmutation would require contact, very risky on Sylar's part because Hulk could easily grab him. Again, still no evidence to suggest Sylar could restrain him with his tk, levitate him? most certainly, restrain him? I highly doubt it.

#46 Edited by The_Imperator (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: Yes, he can fly. In VOLUME 3 he can't fly, but season 3 includes volume 3 and 4. Nathan dies at the end of season 3, so Sylar has to have flying before then. And if he can levitate Hulk, supersonic flight means he can tag him. Or launch things through his brain or body to pin him down momentarily, if that is all he can do.

#47 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

Small correction.

Bana Hulk survived a nuke but is non-cannon.

Norton Hulk IS canon but never survived a nuke.

Carry on...

#48 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: Yes, he can fly. In VOLUME 3 he can't fly, but season 3 includes volume 3 and 4. Nathan dies at the end of season 3, so Sylar has to have flying before then. And if he can levitate Hulk, supersonic flight means he can tag him. Or launch things through his brain or body to pin him down momentarily, if that is all he can do.

No..he cannot, you're just making that assumption. Sylar did not demonstrate flight until season 4, despite the death of Nathan. And i'm sure the pounding Hulk would give Sylar would most certainly hit his "off switch" rendering him completely useless. And again, despite levitation, the Hulk could easily release a thunderclap, rendering Sylar unconscious. And bullets and shells failed to pierce the hulks skin. What chance does Sylar have?

#49 Posted by X_insignia1 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sbaby said:

Small correction.

Bana Hulk survived a nuke but is non-cannon.

Norton Hulk IS canon but never survived a nuke.

Carry on...

lol we established that already.

#50 Edited by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_insignia1: Oh, my bad! lol I misread one of the earlier comments.