SWAT VS Hogwarts

• 78 results
Toy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you guys nuts? This isn't a quick draw, they are in a house far away from one another.

Scenario allows Hermoine and Harry to solo via transmutation of the building, AoE, or stealth before SWAT even sees them. Patronus scouts, prepped shields, glamours, teleportation, flight, legilimency (weak feats), etc are such massive edges without even getting into offensive spells.

Toy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

We've watched them turn living things into inanimate objects and humans into animals. Making a banister or floor panel disappear/shrink/sharpen/etc is nigh effortless in comparison.

NOT A QUICK DRAW. They basically have a few minutes of prep in fact.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 I'm afraid I have to retract my statement about shotguns > magic because, after a hour or two of searching, I have found no official quote or sources. Anyone else who wants to present it as canon should take note that it does not have my seal of approval.

SWAT should still win and I do think that a typical marksman would have a slim edge over a typical wizard but I can't pretend that it is canonical.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cregan_Stark

This one is difficult due to the inexperienced nature of the wizards. I imagine a group of death eaters would destroy the SWAT team but the SWAT could have a chance here. The only questions in my mind are Hermione's protective spells and Harry's invisibility.

What you have here is the raw power of the wands verses the superior tactics of the team. If the DA fights smart then they win, if not then they lose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I stand by the argument that the majority of wizards are incompetent morons that suffer from xenophobia of the muggle world

What exactly is the function of a rubber duck? - Aruth Weasly, the guy who's dedicated his life to studying non magical people

So the vast majority of wizards (other than muggle born) would probably have next to no chance when combated head on against automatic rifles considering they've probably never known a rifle to have ever existed before them before, let alone things such as flashbangs, chemical weapons or any other form of modern technology.

But there is one thing that the wizards have that basically give them the victory, the super OP Muggle Repelling charm that basically mineraps all none magical humans in the area. If so much as one of the Hogwarts wizards is able to cast this spell, all the SWAT members will supposedly forget what they were doing, and run off to do something else urgently. If they're not able to cast such a spell, then they'll basically all die in a hail of bullets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: I pretty sure Hermione used the muggle repelling charm as part of the protective wards around there campsite during the final book.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 NO SCOPE WHILE BLAZING IT!!!!!!!

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was in Hogwarts I would say with absolute certainty that the Hogwarts team wins, due to the simple fact that Muggle technology malfunctions in Hogwarts.

All those substitutes for magic Muggles use – electricity, and computers and radar, and all those things – they all go haywire around Hogwarts, there’s too much magic in the air.'

Goblet of Fire - pages 475-476 - Bloomsbury - chapter 28, The Madness of Mr Crouch

But now you've spiced things up. I'm sure some of the students fall, but Harry, Hermonie will most likely come out of this alive. If Harry is coming out from under his invisibility cloak and firing spells at the SWAT along with a bunch of his other friends then I doubt they'd be able to even do something. I would argue that shield charms work, too. Like a charm Voldemort put up that blocked out Dumbledore's powerful attack which chilled through Dumbledores own barrier:

"Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of thin air"
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Now, this shield is physical and can protect against both mundane and magical assaults. We've seen Harry and the gang use Shield charms before, thus my confidence in their ability to do it here is not waivered. Though I feel as if this is a bit geared against the HP gang, atleast let them use McGonagall, Snape or Dumbledore, they'd have a better chance.
If the HP team wins, which is a notion I'm willing to debate for, it's by a slim margin.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remnet: Yes, in Deathly Hallows chapter 14 Hermoine cast a charm to repel muggles, here's a general description of the spell given in that chapter:

"Muggle-Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time Muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away again."
—Arthur Weasley.
So they could just win this by doing that.
Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remnet: Yes, in Deathly Hallows chapter 14 Hermoine cast a charm to repel muggles, here's a general description of the spell given in that chapter:

"Muggle-Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time Muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away again."
—Arthur Weasley.
So they could just win this by doing that.
8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SWAT if they are a competent team, like LA SWAT. These guys carry assut rifles, tear gas, smoke, flash bangs, and shotguns. That's not including the surveillance gear, heat vision or nvgs and gas masks.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hogwarts stomp. The Wizards and Witches cast the Accio spell to pull the guns to them before SWAT find them. They then cast shield spells while SWAT pull out their secondary weapons, and then either Hermione or Harry uses the imperius curse to control the soldiers to kill themselves.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hogwarts in a rapestomp

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't Charms take a considerable time to set up/make active more so than spells? Anyone that has been exposed to Tear Gas knows how terrible it is on your nose/eyes/mouth/lungs, it even cuts right into your vary skin.(everything literally feels like its on fire) None of these wizards would be able to get out a single syllable let alone a spell if a single gas grenade was tossed at them. Then there are flash grenades and automatic guns....

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

For some reason people are always overestimating how much a gun would do in the harry potter universe. They are slightly faster than spells thats their whole advantage. Teleporting is the wizard equivalent of riding a car, everyone can do it. Remember the crime Sirius is in jail for? Wormtail blew up half a street with a wave of his wand. Thats an massive firepower advantage used by one of the greatest pushovers of the HP Universe. So with this alone wizards are like teleporters with rocket launchers. Add to that that they can just conjure up cover for themselves before moving anywhere or create walls made of fire. Add to that that they can call objects to themselves over great distances, like the weapons of the SWAT. Add to that that they can heal their wounded using magic.

This is all fairly basic stuff. Ignoring the unforgivable curses or powerful magic like that of Dumbledore or the Professors.

Mark_Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mark_Infinity

Hogwarts team stomps, simply because a 'Fianto Duri,Repello Inimicum and Protego Maxima' makes a nigh-on impossible shield to penetrate without spells, something the Muggle SWAT team lacks. From there, they calmly pick off the SWAT members who try to rush the shield as Harry goes around and rapes everyone from behind with the Invisibility Cloak.

Also, as mentioned by @stahlflamme, Wormtail, even noted by the Hogwarts teachers to have been the lesser of the four, blew up half a street. If Wormtail can do that, then get any of the majority of the DA on it, SWAT's gone.

Hell, even Neville could probably Diffindo some of them to death.

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BlackKaizer

I'm going with the swat due to their team work. Their ALWAYS move in a pair of at least 2-4. Weather their stationary, moving down a hall or clearing a room their a formation for any sitruation to cover all their angles at all times.

None of them besides Harry will have any chance of getting the jump on them at all, and even then solider are taught to shoot in the general direction they take initial contact so as to supress enemy fire (hopefuly) so Harry could get mowed down their.

Also is their any proof that the wizards standard offensive spells can peirce the swats armor and take them out of the fight. I imagine a wizard being more impaired from a gun shot then a solider in armor from most of their spells.

This isn't even counting their other gear such as flashbangs/grenades, NODS for seeing in the dark....

Hell they could just slap their gas mask on and tear gas spam the entire complex.

Mark_Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackkaizer: There is plenty of proof that a wizard's spell can harm someone. Avada Kedavra, anyone? Also, magic generally trumps Muggles so unless the SWAT has been buying Shield-Vests from Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, they aren't going to help against a Cruciatas Curse.

As I stated before, Hogwarts does have Shield Charms that will protect them against bullet fire and keep the SWAT away until they've made a plan of action.

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_infinity: From the ops rules they only have their wands, and I'm pretty sure protective charms aren't even standard gear for most hogwarts.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SWAT Team.

Transmutation and such spells that turn people into birds or whatever are much more irrelevant then people think. People are taught to avoid bullets. How? By not putting yourself in a position that they can hit you in the first place. Being able to turn someone into a bird and killing spells isn't that much of a factor against someone who is used to have to deal with instant death attacks frequently.

From my understanding, the Wizards are human, and are basically children at that. Wizards show absolutely no knowledge of modern war tactics, just charging headlong into battle at eachother at the end of the movie as if this were medieval times. Wizards having knowledge of "muggles" or not, they don't seem to know that much at all.

With this in mind, being that wizards are inheritely squishy, they can be exploited in a number of assaults to their senses or be struck with attacks they do not even see coming (as they aren't bullet timers.) They have to drop their shield at some point and the moment they do, they simply get shot and die.

And it's not like any of them have any kind of counter I know to some SWAT sniper 3000 Feet away popping them with bullets that move at mach 3, too fast to be heard until it either misses, hits someone else or you're dead.

Wizards have their advantages but they overall lose in direct conflict.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By far the biggest advantage the SWAT team has is competency and teamwork, they know how to cover corners, scan rooms and check each others backs, basically working as maximum efficiency. The Hogwarts crowd are reasonably competent, but to be honest a good paintball team has more synergy and strategy than they do, I mean in the movies at least they simply ran blindly and trusted their reflexes, which won't work since they have a speed disadvantage against the SWAT team.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tear Gas gonna rekt that invisible cloak lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in a giant party.

#swagwarts

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do wizards even have a competent understanding of guns/grenades? I mean Hermione and Harry perhaps, but the rest are full blooded wizards and have never mingled with muggles.. Heck even Ron's father, whose job is to study muggles, seems pretty incompetent about very simple things. I don't think the Wizards would even truly understand the amount of danger they would be in.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SWAT team.