• 66 results
#1 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
If Swamp Thing is at full power with full Elemental Control... can he destroy the entire land of Asgard in an all out battle ? Who in Asgard could stop this Elemental God ? 

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
This should be interesting...
#3 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, at full power Asgard goes down bad.  The Word said that he was the most powerful being next to the Presence, that's LT's realm.
#4 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary said:
" Dude, at full power Asgard goes down bad.  The Word said that he was the most powerful being next to the Presence, that's LT's realm. "
I dont know if Swamp Thing at full power equates to the Living Tribunal in power... I mean he is strong... but LT level maybe a little high for him... though I do think the Swamp Thing would probably win here...
#5 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I am of the same mind...

Edit: I still remember your thread where people where saying Hulk would defeat Swamp Thing after a good fight... (rolls eyes)
#6 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this match up ;-) Imo unless Asgard gets prep & some help from the other 8 worlds Odin & co are Doomed..

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
damn... I cant even use the Off Topic forums right now... lmao
#8 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Prime said:
" I like this match up ;-) Imo unless Asgard gets prep & some help from the other 8 worlds Odin & co are Doomed.. "
what would the other 8 worlds be able to contribute to this fight ?
#9 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

any feats?
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" any feats? "
for who ?
#11 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
" I like this match up ;-) Imo unless Asgard gets prep & some help from the other 8 worlds Odin & co are Doomed.. "
what would the other 8 worlds be able to contribute to this fight ? "
On home turf Malekith has the ability to at least keep ST busy for awhile.Not defeat him, but at least keep him busy ;-)
#12 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"If Swamp Thing is at full power with full Elemental Control... can he destroy the entire land of Asgard in an all out battle ? Who in Asgard could stop this Elemental God ? 

"

No, cause the Odinforce/Odin is>Swampthing.
#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp thing in his day hanged around with the Spectre and beyond. He wins.

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
^ What the man said.
#15 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Swamp thing in his day hanged around with the Spectre and beyond. He wins. "
stole the words from my mouth
#16 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden said:
" @King Saturn said:
"If Swamp Thing is at full power with full Elemental Control... can he destroy the entire land of Asgard in an all out battle ? Who in Asgard could stop this Elemental God ? 

"
          No, cause the Odinforce/Odin is>Swampthing. "
I dont know about that man... I mean Swamp Thing at his peak was above The Spectre... dont let Spinach Chin fool ya... he was pretty powerful at his peak

@Chaos Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
what would the other 8 worlds be able to contribute to this fight ? "
On home turf Malekith has the ability to at least keep ST busy for awhile.Not defeat him, but at least keep him busy ;-) "

oh I see
#17 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" any feats? "
for who ? "

ST
#18 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio

i think asgard
#19 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
"@King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" any feats? "
for who ? "
ST "

You mean outside of killing the Spectre's brother?
#20 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary: I hope that's sarcasm, ST didn't do that.
#21 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
wasnt that the Great Evil Beast that layed The Spectre's ass out ?
#22 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" wasnt that the Great Evil Beast that layed The Spectre's ass out ? "
Yes!
#23 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
That's exactly what I said
#24 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasma Ghost said:
" @King Saturn said:
Yes! "
I thought so
#25 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @High Revolutionary: I hope that's sarcasm, ST didn't do that. "

The Word?
#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
" @geraldthesloth said:
The Word? "
St beat the Word not spectre lol
#27 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @High Revolutionary said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
The Word? "
St beat the Word not spectre lol "

You're right. 
#28 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
I guess overall though the feat is still high class though... I mean The Word shouldnt be much weaker than The Spectre...
#29 Edited by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry my scans aren't labeled.   

Here is a convo between the Phantom Stranger and Swamp Thing, suggesting that in Moore's tales, ST had greater powers than the PS:

#30 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" I guess overall though the feat is still high class though... I mean The Word shouldnt be much weaker than The Spectre... "
Word is Spectre's older brother and presumably the first being in existence or something like that. certainly not his inferior.
#31 Edited by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:

" @King Saturn said:

" I guess overall though the feat is still high class though... I mean The Word shouldnt be much weaker than The Spectre... "
Word is Spectre's older brother and presumably the first being in existence or something like that. certainly not his inferior. "
indeed... but we really dont know what he can do... though in principle he should be at least his equal in power...
#32 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
#33 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

The Word was the result of the Presence's words during the creation.  The Spectre is at the same level as The Word.
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:
Word is Spectre's older brother and presumably the first being in existence or something like that. certainly not his inferior. "
Eclipso preceded the Spectre, as well.
#35 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

There are seven brothers, and the Word is the oldest.  They are at the same level.
#36 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:
Eclipso preceded the Spectre, as well. "
As the entity of God's wrath yes, but Spectre existed as an angel before becoming what he is today,
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:
Eclipso preceded the Spectre, as well. "
As the entity of God's wrath yes, but Spectre existed as an angel before becoming what he is today, "
I know. He fell before being accepted back, and also had the memory of his past life erased. But I cannot accept the Word as the first being. The Presence has stated that Michael, and Lucifer where the first. He actually used them to create the universe.
#38 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Yes, DC's and Vertigo's cosmology clash at times. We could say that Word is the first being in creation, while Michael and Lucifer (and in one version, Gabriel) predate it.
#39 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
OK. I can go with the inconsistency part.
#40 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
isnt The Word and The Presence sort of One in the Same ? Kind of like The Presence represents God the Father... and The Word represents The Son of God ? naw... maybe thats just the Bible... lmao
#41 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" isnt The Word and The Presence sort of One in the Same ? Kind of like The Presence represents God the Father... and The Word represents The Son of God ? naw... maybe thats just the Bible... lmao "
LOL, yeah, that's the bible. I really doubt God the son would look like this:

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
" lol actually, I once read that the Word is actually an aspect of the Presence. "
I think the point was that he was created by the Voice, which was an aspect of the Presence.
#43 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Are my posts disappearing?

#44 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:
" isnt The Word and The Presence sort of One in the Same ? Kind of like The Presence represents God the Father... and The Word represents The Son of God ? naw... maybe thats just the Bible... lmao "

"
That reminds me of the time Bruce Wayne asks Lucius Fox in Batman Begins about the Batmobile: "Does it come in black?" It is basically Spec, with a red cloak.
#45 Posted by King Saturn (223810 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
lol... well supposedly Jesus looked different after his Resurrection... maybe he took on a more badass look so people wouldnt even think to fu#k with him a second time... ha ha
#46 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @High Revolutionary said:
" lol actually, I once read that the Word is actually an aspect of the Presence. "
I think the point was that he was created by the Voice, which was an aspect of the Presence. "

Yeah, the voice of the Presence (ie: The Word)
#47 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.  Maybe I should explain my reasoning.  The Presence's voice is called "The Voice" and when it was in the process of creating everything it's first words manifested into the an embodiment called "The Word".  Afterwards it was called "The Voice" as it spoke to Corrigan etc...

#48 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing at his peak was a massive powerhouse. The Asgard are in trouble here.
#49 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember that someone said that Swamp Thing will die if all plants will die. If this is true, Thor can just destroy Earth with Mjolnir and defeat SW.

#50 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Marvel's swamp thing or DC's?