Swamp Thing vs Animal Man

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheRedRobin96

OK, so I have been wondering this for a few days now and I can't come up with an idea on who would win. I got into Swamp Thing in September and have been reading his New 52 series (which is AWESOME) and some old back issues. For Animal Man I have been looking up scans and his pages on the Vine and Wikipedia (not reading his series, yea yea I'll check it out). So who would win??? Please use logic and reasoning. (ill put up pictures of them later)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Swamp Thing

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Swamp Thing.

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheRedRobin96

But can't Animal Man turn into a "Planet Eater"? That has been on my mind for a while now. Because (correct me if I'm wrong; remember I am new to Animal Man stuff) from some posts I guess he could turn into one and hence the name eat suns? Anyone know anything about that?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saren

@TheRedRobin96 said:

But can't Animal Man turn into a "Planet Eater"? That has been on my mind for a while now. Because (correct me if I'm wrong; remember I am new to Animal Man stuff) from some posts I guess he could turn into one and hence the name eat suns? Anyone know anything about that?

Sun Eater, not planet eater. Swamp Thing can reform on other planets if the one he's standing on is destroyed.

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheRedRobin96

@CitizenBane: Eh like I said I am new to Animal Man and still working on Swamp Thing. What issues does Swamp Thing do that? So that means if Earth dies he just pretty much goes on to the next? Wow Swamp Thing = way cooler than I even imagined.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saren

@TheRedRobin96: Not sure what the exact issues are, but it was in Swamp Thing volume 2. He's reformed himself as a red Swamp Thing on the planet Thanagar and also as a blue Swamp Thing on another planet.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@TheRedRobin96: Yeah, I'm no expert, but he's suppose to be the god of nature or something, I think. 
TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheRedRobin96

@texasdeathmatch: You are very much correct about that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren

@texasdeathmatch: @TheRedRobin96:He's not the god of nature, he's the avatar of the Green just as Animal Man is the avatar of the Red. His power has been called godlike, though (by Batman!).

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheRedRobin96

So are they turning Animal Man into the exact same thing as Swamp Thing? I mean, the Green/Red, Parliament of Trees/Limbs avatars of Nature/Animal??? Kind of what I am getting from their new (and kind of old) stuff?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@TheRedRobin96:The Green and the Red exist in balance with each other. Sethe is leading the Rot, a force of death, against both the Parliament of Trees and Limbs, and so they're working in unison to stop him.

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheRedRobin96

@CitizenBane: When that happens, it will be quite a freaking epic crossover. I have only been reading Swamp Thing so Animal Man is kind of like a different language to me. Though I am going to pick it up now from now on.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sandiego008

sooo yea swamp thing .. yeeeaaaa!!!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points