Round 1: Unarmed

Round 2: Both have their swords.

#2 Posted by TimeLordScience (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Suzaku but sadly I don't know enough about Ravager to comment

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30879 posts) - - Show Bio

@TimeLordScience said:

I love Suzaku but sadly I don't know enough about Ravager to comment

Here's the gist:

Ravager = Ninja with precognition; has beaten other people with precognition (or pseudo precog)

Suzaku = Samurai with Live command.

#4 Posted by TimeLordScience (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Well then Suzaku, because he defeated the Knight of One.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (24981 posts) - - Show Bio

Rose, Suzaku may have the live command, but it can only take him so far, if I remember correctly, a Geass can only make a person do what he or she is physically capable of, I think Rose is a better combatant, so no matter how hard Suzaku fights to live, she'll still have the upper hand.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30879 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Rose, Suzaku may have the live command, but it can only take him so far, if I remember correctly, a Geass can only make a person do what he or she is physically capable of, I think Rose is a better combatant, so no matter how hard Suzaku fights to live, she'll still have the upper hand.

Two things are worth noting:

1. Suzaku is a trained warrior. He was able to outrun and destroy an automatic machine gun that had a delay of 0.05 seconds.

2. He was able to override another person's precognition.

#7 Posted by Finnin (3 posts) - - Show Bio

JediXman: no offence but you apparently have some catching up in Titans or Ninjas (or i missed the joke) , while she is pretty smart and can plan quite ahead, she tends to be quite straightforward with her battle plans and i don´t her using thowing weapons, poisons, traps, smoke bombs or black eggs and i am pretty dam sure that if "kick the front door, murder everyone inside" is ever mentioned in ninja manual it´s in "how NOT to do it part"

1. So is Rose, both Deathstroke and Nightwing are dicks but they are pretty damn good at what they´re doing. She´s has enhanced speed and reflexes (able do clean-up a room full of armed mercs with autos without getting hit or dodge barrage of lightning bolts, she should be at low super human, so by aplication of "cross-universe-quasi-logic" she should be faster), strenght (as she is still supporting character DCU is bit fuzzy here, she is under "peek human" cathegory -and therefore much stronger then what would one guessed- i don´t recall her more then about 200lb thou it was one hand and pretty much efortless, so let´s go with "about equal it´s some time since my last run on CG ) stamina (low super human) and (irrelevantly low) healing factor.

2. Precognitin doesn´t mean "invulnerability" but for most of her life, hr precognition manifested in "come and go" flashes and her fightning style -while certainly giving her an advantage- doesn´t rely on it as neither of her teachers possessed precognition themselves (in other words she is not a Cassandra), that´s like saying "he defeated someone with a hammer" and it´s certainly most usefull then post-hypnotic suggestion that "let´s you fight at full potential" which is slight adranal (ehm) gland stimul

3. It´s pretty hard to decide "fighting skill" as autors generally don´t know anything about it (or they know a lot and are actively trying to defy even basic principles) and i am not even going to bother with armor or weapons (let´s just say it would make it pretty one-sided, reality hammer tends to crush anything from Asians even harder then American super heroes) but they are relatively equal within "suspension of disbelief" boundaries.

Well my vote goes suprisingly to Rose, even when i try NOT to turn it into geekmath equation (yeah this is me keping it short) and neither of these characters is interesting because of theyr flashy super-powers (mostly because they have none), Rose just recieved better end of a bargain, i wouldn´t say it would be easy fight but i also don´t think she´d be in any "real" danger

TL;DR: at the end of a day it´s skilled fighter with several meta-human attributes against skilled fighter with... extreme degree of survival instict

#8 Posted by JediXMan (30879 posts) - - Show Bio

@Finnin said:

JediXman: no offence but you apparently have some catching up in Titans or Ninjas (or i missed the joke) , while she is pretty smart and can plan quite ahead, she tends to be quite straightforward with her battle plans and i don´t her using thowing weapons, poisons, traps, smoke bombs or black eggs and i am pretty dam sure that if "kick the front door, murder everyone inside" is ever mentioned in ninja manual it´s in "how NOT to do it part"

1. I have not read any new-52 stuff from Rose.

2. I never said anything that would refute what you said, so I don't see where you might be "correcting" me, as this post seems to imply.

#9 Posted by Finnin (3 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I did and so far my sub-concience is trying to create separate pocket for it as Ravagers alone pretty much managed to already ass-rape several concepts already (yeah not a big fan of post Flashpoint but that´s for another topic). Even tho i haven´t seen much that would make me look at her taht way, i see a mercenary chick with two swords, having two swords (european design no less) have nothing to do with ninjas. Is she fast? Yeah. Is she agile? Sure. But really nothing that would evoke "the art of silent killing" Batman, for example, has much closer to it, striking from a shadows, allways on a move, silent, fast, precise, with much more planing much more ahead then "cut it ´till it stops moving" (and scale mail is anything BUT silent, trust me this one). Either way there not much to know about new version anyhow and picture at a start of the topic shows Rose in her Ravager costume (and topic itself has Ravager in the name, but ok you can make argument of "being part of the Ravagers") and therefore pre-relaunch continuity, i might look like Douchy McNitpick... and yes i am and in comic world i concider focus on detail very important aspect thanks to constant shower of relaunches and retcons being showed at consumers direction, remmember the times when Superman was able to shoot rainbow from his hands? Or when Stromwatch wasn´t secret organization and acually part of completely different universe (and Midnighter didn´t wear that idiotic "carbon armour")?

2. Again, yes and no. You implied several things: it´s pretty much clear that characters -i mean chracters, not goons- based around martial arts will be skilled in martial arts, also fact that he was able to beat some-else-with-similar-ability isn´t very important unless there is stated something in "being the best there is" (and which would be still arguable due to cross-genre realites). But most is me just adding more stuff (i prersonally find a fact, taht se posess much higher strengh and resilience then what would her physiology imply -especially when we discuss hand to hand fighters- then "guy with a sword can use a sword"), i just didn´t see the reason to break it appart as it all falls in "skills and abilites" cathegory.

I wasn´t implying you are wrong (well i was about ninjas but let´s say that´s just realistic contra popculture wiepoint), or stupid or illiterate and if you got that feeling, it wasn´t my intention (in other word you aer wrong HA!) to do so, it just my general geekyness, a fact i care quite a lot about (as i mentioned i did several most stuff on both SG and DS/Titans) and yeah i generally tend to preffer few lenghtier posts over 1e+11 short ones. So it short:

1) unfortunetly did... buut, doesn´t realy change anything

2) only to the lesser degree

3) just warming up