Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

captain America and wildcat were touring. then ted took a wrong turn and got inside silent hill. now they must wait for 6 days for zatanna to go and lift the curse.

can they survive? and because they are who they are, they decided to hunt all the monsters there.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Carter_esque

Team could survive the horrors of Silent Hill for 3 days if normal humans w/ no powers, limited firepower and resources can (even though plot shields and gameplay mechanics have saved them for the sake of the game moving forward).

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know anything about Wildcat but I don't think Cap would see anything at all, he's innocent.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thewhiteronin

Silent Hill for everyone is different, it manifests your innermost horrors into physical form. "innocent" is a very subjective term, Silent Hill will prey on their emotions, thoughts, psyche, etc. and might possibly break them. The only character that was considered "innocent" was this little girl named Laura in Silent Hill 2 because she never held any darkness in her heart (she also didn't know much, thus didn't see ANY monsters).

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America has come to terms with his inner demons, there is nothing that Silent Hill could find to use against him.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America has come to terms with his inner demons, there is nothing that Silent Hill could find to use against him.

That's a very bold statement, but I'm no expert on how Cap's mind works. The protagonist in Silent Hill 1 was a writer who was a very sincere and loving father to his family, he didn't do anything wrong, but his wife died due to a disease, and his daughter disappeared one day. Those two small factors were being manipulated by Silent hill the entire game. Anything that Cap is worrying about will be manipulated by Silent Hill, I'm not saying that this is a 100% possibility, but there's a high chance that Cap wouldn't be able to resist Silent Hill, only children have been able to resist Silent Hill.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I say Cap and Wildcat would hold out. Cap's willpower is a superpower in itself. He's going to resist everything he sees.

Cap is going to suffer hell in Silent Hill, but he will make it out. I'm not too sure about Wildcat, since I have zero knowledge on.

With the aftermath of Dimension Z, Silent Hill would have a lot to use over Steve.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I have to believe Cap has a pretty huge amount of inner demons with the amount of tragedies he's faced. Even if he wasn't afraid for his own life, I'm sure he fights villains because he is afraid of what they are capable of doing to the rest of the Earth, his friends, and loved ones. Cap has some seriously evil villains too...Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Dr Doom, and even Adolf Hitler! Even his events with Bucky as a villain as Winter Soldier had to have haunted Cap. I could definitely see Silent Hill pulling some twisted things from Cap to make a pretty terrifying Hell for him to be in for three days.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

@tparks said:

I have to believe Cap has a pretty huge amount of inner demons with the amount of tragedies he's faced. Even if he wasn't afraid for his own life, I'm sure he fights villains because he is afraid of what they are capable of doing to the rest of the Earth, his friends, and loved ones. Cap has some seriously evil villains too...Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Dr Doom, and even Adolf Hitler! Even his events with Bucky as a villain as Winter Soldier had to have haunted Cap. I could definitely see Silent Hill pulling some twisted things from Cap to make a pretty terrifying Hell for him to be in for three days.

Agreed, but I do think he could beat it.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Ya,I agree that he can beat it too, but it will be a pretty brutal three days as far as what kinds of horrors Silent Hill could possibly throw at him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@tparks: Yeah it would draw some pretty nasty stuff out of him, he's a tortured individual.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DireDrill

@tparks: @thewhiteronin:

Every protagonist in Silent Hill has never dealt with or faced their inner demons until coming to Silent Hill. They just dismissed them and kept going on with their lives. Captain America not only faces his inner demons, he chooses to overcome them every time he takes up the Shield. He knows loss far better than every single Silent Hill protagonist combined but he has faced up to it and has dealt with it so Silent Hill cannot use it against him. In Silent Hill 2 once James deals with his demons, they cannot touch him.

I am a big fan of the Silent Hill series but it will have no power over Captain America

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tparks

@diredrill: Interesting. You seem to be more of an expert on this then me, so I will defer to your judgement on it. I haven't played those games in a very long time.

Out of curiosity, have you ever read the comics? I've always wondered if they are any good because I've heard they were pretty successful but have never heard of anyone who has actually read them.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @thewhiteronin:

Every protagonist in Silent Hill has never dealt with or faced their inner demons until coming to Silent Hill. They just dismissed them and kept going on with their lives. Captain America not only faces his inner demons, he chooses to overcome them every time he takes up the Shield. He knows loss far better than every single Silent Hill protagonist combined but he has faced up to it and has dealt with it so Silent Hill cannot use it against him. In Silent Hill 2 once James deals with his demons, they cannot touch him.

I am a big fan of the Silent Hill series but it will have no power over Captain America

That's a very interesting way to put it, however Silent Hill is going to make those nightmares resurface, so Steve will have to face them again. Silent Hill will make Cap question the validity of his own motives and reevaluate his actions and possibly make him doubt himself. I'm completely aware of how tough and badass Cap is, but once they resurface, it'll be hell for him. I'm not saying that he CAN'T beat Silent Hill, but Silent Hill will make him suffer absolute hell through it.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@diredrill:

Well, if you have read Dimension Z, it seems that Cap's willpower does have its limits. He loses Sharon Carter, his one true love, and loses his foster child. He also learns that he doesn't age like normal people, since he he spent 12 years in Dimension Z , but didn't age a a day. I would normally agree with you over this, but given what he's been through lately, his willpower has faltered.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I have not read them but I haven't heard anything about them either.

@thewhiteronin: @omgomgwtfwtf: Did you not play the games? When James conquered his demons, Silent Hill lost any power to touch him. Captain America conquers his demons daily every time he picks up the Shield which I assume he has here. Willpower has nothing to do with it, your emotional responsibility and maturity is all that matters.

Children only have any defense against Silent Hill because they have no emotional hangups for it to prey upon.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SheenLantern

It really is difficult to concretely define something as ambiguous as Silent Hill.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tparks

It really is difficult to concretely define something as ambiguous as Silent Hill.

This sounds accurate from what I've seen in the thread so far and from what I remember with the games.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thewhiteronin

@diredrill said:

@tparks: I have not read them but I haven't heard anything about them either.

@thewhiteronin: @omgomgwtfwtf: Did you not play the games? When James conquered his demons, Silent Hill lost any power to touch him. Captain America conquers his demons daily every time he picks up the Shield which I assume he has here. Willpower has nothing to do with it, your emotional responsibility and maturity is all that matters.

Children only have any defense against Silent Hill because they have no emotional hangups for it to prey upon.

The thing is, Harry Mason was killed by the Missionary in Silent Hill 3 despite the fact that he "conquered" whatever inner demons he had in Silent Hill 1. Even if the Order wanted to pursue Heather solely, then Harry shouldn't have been able to see the monsters AT ALL. Harry Mason is the special exception when it comes to recurring protagonists who had to face the forces originating from Silent Hill.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

now, three became 6.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Order are real flesh and blood people not creations of Silent Hill. We never see Harry die only the aftermath. The Missionary was a construct they created to attack Heather but Harry was killed by a flesh and blood member of the Order, maybe Douglas Cartland.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thewhiteronin

@diredrill said:

The Order are real flesh and blood people not creations of Silent Hill. We never see Harry die only the aftermath. The Missionary was a construct they created to attack Heather but Harry was killed by a flesh and blood member of the Order, maybe Douglas Cartland.

There was no motive for Douglas Cartland to kill Harry Mason, he was assisting Heather from the beginning. After Heather kills the split worm boss, Douglas was equally shocked as Heather was at the situation because he could SEE the monsters too. The members of the order are humans, so flesh and blood but they command the creatures of the otherworld, namely the Missionary, because they are working with forces similar to Sammael, and were attempting to resurrect God. It's also heavily implied that the Missionary killed Harry due to its proximity on the roof and the wound that Harry received through his chest, there are also several sites that state that Harry was killed by the Missionary, lol. The Order also couldn't have created the Missionary without the powers of the Otherworld, so no ordinary people can see them.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you not play the games? When James conquered his demons, Silent Hill lost any power to touch him. Captain America conquers his demons daily every time he picks up the Shield which I assume he has here. Willpower has nothing to do with it, your emotional responsibility and maturity is all that matters.

The point that I was trying to make is that his willpower is what allows him to overcome his problems and anxieties. if you've been reading the current Avengers titles and his own on-going you would see that he's not dealing with what happened in Dimension Z well. He's not confronting the ordeals he faced there (such as the lost of Sharon Carter, the death of his foster son, living in a world where evil prevailed, and the fact that he has a suppressed aging factor), but rather ignoring them, because, as a soldier, he's been trained to focus only on the task at hand, which happens to be the destruction of the universe currently in Infinity. There is difference between conquering your inner demons and living with them, and being good at just bottling everything up. Cap has yet to overcome his current demons, which does not imply that he hasn't overcome past ones. It's just that the events that he recently suffered are still long lasting.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should survive.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf:

Dimension Z is relatively new demon but it is one he'll deal with quickly. Unlike most people who can just bottle things up, Cap can't his eidetic memory and perfect recall means that anything that reminds him of Dimension Z will immediately bring him back to that place. He has to deal with his demons or he ceases functioning.

@thewhiteronin:

Douglas Cartland was hired by the Order to get Heather back to Silent Hill. What happens after Harry dies? He takes her back to Silent Hill. Douglas could have easily killed Harry after he left her in the Mall. She was left in the Otherworld Mall for a long time. If Harry could be killed by the Missionary, why not show it? The whole point of killing Harry was to enrage Heather enough to come seek revenge on Claudia. Why not have her watch the Missionary do the deed? Because the Missionary could not do it because Harry had already beaten Silent Hill. Douglas or some other agent of the Order did it using a weapon similar to the Missionary.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf:

Dimension Z is relatively new demon but it is one he'll deal with quickly. Unlike most people who can just bottle things up, Cap can't his eidetic memory and perfect recall means that anything that reminds him of Dimension Z will immediately bring him back to that place. He has to deal with his demons or he ceases functioning.

@thewhiteronin:

Douglas Cartland was hired by the Order to get Heather back to Silent Hill. What happens after Harry dies? He takes her back to Silent Hill. Douglas could have easily killed Harry after he left her in the Mall. She was left in the Otherworld Mall for a long time. If Harry could be killed by the Missionary, why not show it? The whole point of killing Harry was to enrage Heather enough to come seek revenge on Claudia. Why not have her watch the Missionary do the deed? Because the Missionary could not do it because Harry had already beaten Silent Hill. Douglas or some other agent of the Order did it using a weapon similar to the Missionary.

I don't want to go on an infinite regress with you and debate the validity of the lore on Silent Hill because we both have no proof in what we're saying, it's just mostly speculation at this point, lol. OmgWtfWtf, made some really excellent points regarding the mentality of Cap in the events of Dimension Z, and the OP didn't specify what version of Captain America this is, so that Dimension Z effect will take place here. OmgWtfWtf also made another excellent point regarding how Captain America is trained as a soldier to live with his demons, rather than focusing on conquering them. Because at this point, we really can't prove whether or not Cap has conquered all of them. You keep referring to the phrase "conquering his inner demons," which can't really be proven. Look, I agree with you that Cap can win this, but what I'm disputing with you is that Silent Hill 100% won't manifest anything from Cap's mind.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DireDrill

@thewhiteronin:

Silent Hill can't touch you after you have beaten it. This was established as fact in Silent Hill 2. Harry Mason has beaten Silent Hill so thus he is immune to it. The Order is a flesh and blood cult that can do everything a flesh and blood person can which includes, murder, torture, and kidnapping all things that they have done on multiple occasions since their inception. They were tasked with getting Heather back to Silent Hill by whatever means necessary. Given these facts, my theory is all but proven. The Missionary could not have killed Harry Mason because he had already beaten Silent Hill so thus an agent of the Order did so. The Missionary is a red herring that Heather takes in hook, line, and sinker.

Again, read my post. Dimension Z is just a new demon he will conquer. Captain America can't not deal with his demons. They haunt him directly due to the Super Soldier Serum. He'd have to deal with all of his demons because he can't escape them. Captain America will conquer Dimension Z just like he always has with his other demons. As long as he has the Shield, he is immune to Silent Hill.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin:

Silent Hill can't touch you after you have beaten it. This was established as fact in Silent Hill 2. Harry Mason has beaten Silent Hill so thus he is immune to it. The Order is a flesh and blood cult that can do everything a flesh and blood person can which includes, murder, torture, and kidnapping all things that they have done on multiple occasions since their inception. They were tasked with getting Heather back to Silent Hill by whatever means necessary. Given these facts, my theory is all but proven. The Missionary could not have killed Harry Mason because he had already beaten Silent Hill so thus an agent of the Order did so. The Missionary is a red herring that Heather takes in hook, line, and sinker.

Again, read my post. Dimension Z is just a new demon he will conquer. Captain America can't not deal with his demons. They haunt him directly due to the Super Soldier Serum. He'd have to deal with all of his demons because he can't escape them. Captain America will conquer Dimension Z just like he always has with his other demons. As long as he has the Shield, he is immune to Silent Hill.

Well, Captain America wins either way in this thread. In the event that you're right and Silent Hill doesn't affect him, then good for Steve. But in the event in that I'm right, then Steve will still beat Silent Hill. I'll just concede to agree to disagree. Either way, he wins in your argument and in my argument.