#1 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur is on his way to destroying the universe, until Trigon gets in his way. In a continent sized volcano with fire demons.

#2 Posted by Dredeuced (5326 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon should take this. He's a multiversal universe eating super demon, Surtur's just a very dangerous, sub elder god Skyfather.

#3 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

People told me Trigon would destroy mephisto, so I stepped it up some levels

#4 Posted by NeonGameWave (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon.

#5 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon for sure

#6 Posted by Outside_85 (8129 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a few more details for this:

Does Surtur have the Twilight Sword?

Have they come prepared to face one another?

Do they know each other beforehand?

On it's face I will say Trigon because he is the one showing up, knowing he is getting in Surturs way.

#7 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur

#8 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon FTW.

#9 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

what's Trigon's best feats?

#10 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Surtur

Seconded! People seem to love Trigon here??

#11 Posted by dondave (34441 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon ftw

#12 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16983 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced said:

Trigon should take this. He's a multiversal universe eating super demon, Surtur's just a very dangerous, sub elder god Skyfather.

Why do You think that? He is conqueror, but not powerhouse on multiversal level. Surtur in his last story was actually a multiversal threat, when he absorbed power of Manchester Gods.

@NeonGameWave
@Tim_Drake4444
@Needlebay
@dondave
Why Trigon? Why don't You explain Your statement?

@Bo88gdan
@LubeMan
Why Surtur? Why there was no explanation about Your choice?

@Outside_85 said:

I'd like a few more details for this:

Does Surtur have the Twilight Sword?

Have they come prepared to face one another?

Do they know each other beforehand?

On it's face I will say Trigon because he is the one showing up, knowing he is getting in Surturs way.

This is the one of two answers to this thread that actually had explanation. ;-)
1.TS is Surtur's standard eq.
2.There is nothing about prep, so it has to be random encounter. So, there is also no knowledge for either of them.
3.Trigon needs prep to gather his power. Surtur is galaxy level from the start. It is unknown universe, so Trigon won't be able to boost himself, like he does in his (conquesred) dimensions. For me Trigon is answer for Dormammu, who also is mostly based on power of dimension he conquered. So, I don't see a reason tobelive he can take Surtur. If both would be at full power, then Surtur wins, since he was confirmed as a multiversal level threat thanks to Manchester Gods' power.
#13 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

up, knowing he is getting in Surturs way.

For me Trigon is answer for Dormammu, who also is mostly based on power of dimension he conquered.

Really? Trigon=Dormammu?? Can't say I understand your opinion or logic? but, i'll confess, i'm not nearly as knowledgeable on Trigon, would love to hear a comparison and your thoughts, and for the record, not being confrontational, just very curious.

#14 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16983 posts) - - Show Bio
@LubeMan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

up, knowing he is getting in Surturs way.

For me Trigon is answer for Dormammu, who also is mostly based on power of dimension he conquered.

Really? Trigon=Dormammu?? Can't say I understand your opinion or logic? but, i'll confess, i'm not nearly as knowledgeable on Trigon, would love to hear a comparison and your thoughts, and for the record, not being confrontational, just very curious.

Not in power, rather in way he is using his power. Conquering new and new dimensions, starting to being god on each planet, boosting his own power there, etc. Similar words can be said about Dormammu. I belive that in random encounter Trigon should be weaker, but I also don't feel like an expert about him. I am waiting for answers from his supporters as well ;-)
#15 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

I'll throw my two cents in a bit here

#16 Posted by Killemall (18260 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Dredeuced said:

Why do You think that? He is conqueror, but not powerhouse on multiversal level. Surtur in his last story was actually a multiversal threat, when he absorbed power of Manchester Gods.

Surtur's power was only universal, and the way he was going to destroy the multiverse is akin to throwing a match in a well of oil and destroying a house.

Here Sutur himself explains how he was going to destroy the multiverse.

The same thing happened with Wanda and Chaos Wave, which ended up tearing apart the Omniverse.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (8129 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

1. but it is an exceptional piece of equipment that is in most battles mentioned (also quite often the only reason Surtur wins)

2. if I am not mistaken that's not a default setting for battle threads

3. Since when does Trigon need to gather power before being a threat? Added it doesn't matter where he is really, the already subjected dimensions are always available as snacks to him including the one he is currently in.

See what he did in Terror of Trigon was;

1. Consume most of his already conquered dimension before being able to break out of the prison the Titans put him in at the end of the first confrontation

2. He invaded and annihilated Azerath and its inhabitants because they had the means to imprison him again

3. While the Titans were visiting the ruins of Azerath in search of Raven, Trigon came to Earth and turned it all to stone in the blink of an eye.

4. With his foothold made he started channelling the energies of the DC universe into his own to reignite it.

Added, as Killermail said, Surtur basically just engineered the mass destruction, he didn't have the actual power himself to accomplish it on a whim. As for Trigon:

Well it seems he doesn't need gasoline.

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Surtur wins.

#19 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

We have actually seen Trigon's power, which was sucking the souls of an entire universe. For the most part, Surtur is all hyperbole. Has Surtur actually destroyed a universe?

And what has current Surtur done?

#20 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

well surtur has destoryed an entire galaxt with ease while forging his sword