• 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
VS
#2 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

place: moon

no brf
no morals
random encounter
#3 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
I can already see the BS going to start up here...
#4 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
I can already see the BS going to start up here...
whats Bs?
#5 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur
#6 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend said:
@King Saturn said:
I can already see the BS going to start up here...
whats Bs?
heh... one side with go with the whole Surtur is a Galaxy Busting Demon who can snap his Fingers and make Prime disappear... and the other side will say Prime will beat Surtur to a pulp... 
#7 Posted by lord_galactus (891 posts) - - Show Bio

flaming underwear for the win

#8 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
@demifiend said:
@King Saturn said:
I can already see the BS going to start up here...
whats Bs?
heh... one side with go with the whole Surtur is a Galaxy Busting Demon who can snap his Fingers and make Prime disappear... and the other side will say Prime will beat Surtur to a pulp... 
lol, I ussually ignore that kind of people, i like to see real arguments. and i already know who is the comicvine is objective and who is fanboy. 
#9 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend said:
@King Saturn said:
@demifiend said:
@King Saturn said:
I can already see the BS going to start up here...
whats Bs?
heh... one side with go with the whole Surtur is a Galaxy Busting Demon who can snap his Fingers and make Prime disappear... and the other side will say Prime will beat Surtur to a pulp... 
lol, I ussually ignore that kind of people, i like to see real arguments. and i already know who is the comicvine is objective and who is fanboy. 
well that is a good thing...
#10 Posted by Nefarious (20325 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur demolishes Superman Prime. I think he is around Odin's level of power.

#11 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
Surtur demolishes Superman Prime. I think he is around Odin's level of power.
does have prime some resistance to magic?
#12 Posted by Nefarious (20325 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend: Yep.
#13 Posted by Nefarious (20325 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Sutur's sclae of power equal to that of Odin.

#14 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur. Twilight Sword warp reality, he will warp it more enough to bring something on Prime or jsut someone stars and shoot him with them.

Besides are there any evidence that Prime is really immune to magic?

#15 Posted by Outside_85 (8999 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael
None really other than that one time in Infinite Crisis when Black Adam thought he was going to beat the silly out of him.
#16 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
Surtur. Twilight Sword warp reality, he will warp it more enough to bring something on Prime or jsut someone stars and shoot him with them. Besides are there any evidence that Prime is really immune to magic?
not inmune but resist, in the fight wid BA
#17 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:


                    Surtur demolishes Superman Prime. I think he is around Odin's level of power.

                   

               

defo as much.
#18 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:
@czarny_samael: None really other than that one time in Infinite Crisis when Black Adam thought he was going to beat the silly out of him.
@demifiend said:
@czarny_samael said:
Surtur. Twilight Sword warp reality, he will warp it more enough to bring something on Prime or jsut someone stars and shoot him with them. Besides are there any evidence that Prime is really immune to magic?
not inmune but resist, in the fight wid BA
That is all?  O_O
So, what, he resisted to his SHAZAM-thunder and that is all? Person on his level should take it without any problem without any resistance to magic...
#19 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:
@czarny_samael: None really other than that one time in Infinite Crisis when Black Adam thought he was going to beat the silly out of him.
Well there is when he took magic attack from Mordru, resisted Raven's empathy abilities, resisted one of the members of the Legion of Super heroes who threatned to turn him into a fly and pull his wings off, but found out the hard way. Then the Black Adam part mention.

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
@Outside_85 said:
@czarny_samael: None really other than that one time in Infinite Crisis when Black Adam thought he was going to beat the silly out of him.
Well there is when he took magic attack from Mordru, resisted Raven's empathy abilities, resisted one of the members of the Legion of Super heroes who threatned to turn him into a fly and pull his wings off, but found out the hard way. Then the Black Adam part mention.

That is better. But it doesn't mean that Surtur can't erase him from existance by reality warping.
#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this Superboy Prime or Superman Prime who was amped up by the Guardians energy?

Moderator
#22 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@Outside_85 said:
@czarny_samael: None really other than that one time in Infinite Crisis when Black Adam thought he was going to beat the silly out of him.
Well there is when he took magic attack from Mordru, resisted Raven's empathy abilities, resisted one of the members of the Legion of Super heroes who threatned to turn him into a fly and pull his wings off, but found out the hard way. Then the Black Adam part mention.

That is better. But it doesn't mean that Surtur can't erase him from existance by reality warping.
From what I gather is that he is resistant to some reality warping, being an anomaly himself. Although, not to sure on how far it would go. The picture being used is Superman Prime with the guardian amp which I think he would giver Surtur a good fight. There is already a Superman Prime vs Odin thread on here that kinda gives the indication that he could hang with him if not for awhile. 
#23 Posted by Outside_85 (8999 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty

Hmm wasnt aware him and Raven actually met? I remember her trying to heal people when he was killing Pantha, Wilderbeest and Bushido (with difficult because of the Spectre), but i dont remember her actually engaging him. Black Adam however did batter his way out of her Soul-Self during WWIII.

 

@czarny_samael
Not really, Adam tried to slug him one before he made the boast, not sure if he made it as far as trying with the lightning.

#24 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio


SBP here probably,  but keep in mind that Surtur is immortal and has strength many times that of thor himself, and he

is probably very resistant to SBPs heat vision,

 

Now if Surtur has the Twilight sword then he wins easy.................

#25 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:

@OmegaDynasty

Hmm wasnt aware him and Raven actually met? I remember her trying to heal people when he was killing Pantha, Wilderbeest and Bushido (with difficult because of the Spectre), but i dont remember her actually engaging him. Black Adam however did batter his way out of her Soul-Self during WWIII.

 

@czarny_samael
Not really, Adam tried to slug him one before he made the boast, not sure if he made it as far as trying with the lightning.

Yes, well Prime being a Pre-Crisis Bronze Age Kryptonian still has that PIS powers going for him. Can't really think of any Kryptonians that have punched their way out of the Phantom Zone, which caused reality to shift. That or escape the speed force. 

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty :

But this doesn't show us SPrime being immune or resistance too as powerfull beings as Surtur.
#27 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael:  Superman Prime beating up Mxy is the same as saying he is immune to magical attacks. I bet we find out there is no magic or magic doesnt exist on Earth Prime universe. This is why PRime is problly resistant....that or Magic in other universes dont hurt Supermen characters.  Theres gotta be a reason for why Prime is immune. But non the less he is immune to all sorts of reality warping effects. The fact that Prime breaks reality or is a reality buster should be a hint to that. Characters that are not limited 2 1 reality will resist reality warping effects.
Like Galactus.....he is not confined 2 1 reality to he would resist reality warping effects. I have a scan where Superman resisted a reality warping effect on him. Superman Prime is several time more than Superman. That and beating up Mxy and making Mxy scared of him should be enough to say he can take out Odin and Surter. Surter was said to be on par with Odin but he isnt better than Odin. Odin would beat Surter. Superman Prime would beat either Odin or Surter in a very good fight Imo. Nobody is flat out erasing someone out of existence in this fight.
Im sorry otherwise Mxy would just do it. Superman Prime is just on a higher power scale than Odin....I dunno why thats so hard to accepted. This is not specifically direct at you Czarny_samael. I mean really all you have to do is compare who Superman Prime fights up against and if Surter can reality warp them 2. I mean Surter cant reality warp Galactus right? Can Surter reality warp Anti-Monitor? Can he reality warp Monarch? I mean when you think about it....it just doesnt make since.
Surter cant wont be able to physcially match up with Prime. Prime will blizt him be inside his face and Surter wont be able to keep up with Prime and will pound him down until the fight is over. He will put up a tough fight but Prime will win.
#28 Edited by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio


Surtur is above odin buddy, that is why odin has never beaten him alone! , remember odin and his two brothers fought surtur, and odins brothers died but odin ended up absorbing thier power some how!  but if odin alone equaled surtur then surtur would hardly be a threat .......

 

Surturs main advantge here would be his strength which is many times that of thor, and his immortality, as well as the twilight sword.........

#29 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@ebuchanan: I think its because Odin isnt at full power. Odin fully rested should take down Surter. But Imo. While reading the comic I never got the impression Surter was better than Odin but Rivaled him. Meaning there =. I could be wrong and if I am thats just my error and judgement from what I am reading.
Odin has stayed awake longer than he has needed 2 alot of times. This weakens him. The longer he goes without Odin Sleep the weaker he becomes the strongest Odin is a fully rested 1. I think a fully rested Odin will beat Surter.
#30 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio


SBP isnt a power house though like odin and surtur, only a power house strength wise,  Odin has minimul super strength compared to surtur and SBP. Plus unlike odin and SBP, Surtur is immortal...................

 

#31 Posted by Outside_85 (8999 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermandefender
Just read one of the Journey into mystery issues where Thor and most of Asgard is nearly getting curbstomped by Surtur before a fully rested Odin shows up and all he really did was return Surtur to his own lands.

Possibly Odin isnt powerful enough to actually kill Surtur. But it is also possible he cant because of destinies and such; since Surtur is the one thats supposed to lay waste to Asgard and apparently done so a few times. Rune King Thor even gave him a nudge to do just that.

#32 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@ebuchanan:  Prime breaks realities easy. AS a boy he killed 52 green lanterns and beat up on mxy. Id call him a powerhouse.
#33 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said: 

@ebuchanan:  Prime breaks realities easy. AS a boy he killed 52 green lanterns and beat up on mxy. Id call him a powerhouse.
Well he was in Super"Man" form or guardian amp when he dealt with. Mxy. Although, Mxy was powerless do to a evil Zatanna Prime had captured, that and he was " Punch Drunk" due to prime which I guess is a feat. 


#34 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
didn't superman prime survive a universe exploding? thats a lot of durability. surter cant output that much power but superman prime probably wont be able to hurt him. 
#35 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty: 
Outside the various PIS that prevented Mxy from blinking him out of existence and Mordu's terrible showings of pink magic pellet bullets, I honestly don't have much of a reason to believe some actual high level magic wouldn't take Prime out.

He honestly hasn't tanked anything worth while in terms of magic, outside Adam's fists which are apparently pure magic striking power and Mordu's attack which has no implied power behind it outside it's comming from Mordu.

 

@odinforce said:

didn't superman prime survive a universe exploding? thats a lot of durability. surter cant output that much power but superman prime probably wont be able to hurt him. 


No he didn't.

   

 

And even then the Time Trapper teleported him out, what busted up his clothes was the farmer blasting him.

#36 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:
didn't superman prime survive a universe exploding? thats a lot of durability. surter cant output that much power but superman prime probably wont be able to hurt him. 
Yes, he was knocked unconcious I believe. Although, there was still some life left as one of the monitors noted finding a plant still a live. That and the Time Trapper, Prime's future self saved him and sent him to the year 30th century.

#37 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty
If the universe was still there he didn't survive it "exploding". Especially since the Time Trapper nabbed him.

The energy released only destroyed almost all life in the universe minus the monitor and a plant. The planets, etc were fine.

#38 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime.

#39 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:

@OmegaDynasty
If the universe was still there he didn't survive it "exploding". Especially since the Time Trapper nabbed him.

The energy released only destroyed almost all life in the universe minus the monitor and a plant. The planets, etc were fine.

You know, it makes me wonder. What would happen if Prime with the Guardian Amp went and sun dipped?
#40 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@mark5 said:
Prime.


Yeah by totally owning someone that busts a galaxy to forge a damn sword. *Rolls eyes*

Who has Prime beaten to give him such status, without PIS mind you?

The guy is beyond blown out of proportion and the only reason this thread exists is to bank of the ill defined magic resistance he posses, despite fighting a being that blows him out of the water.

#41 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
@isaac_clarke said:

@OmegaDynasty
If the universe was still there he didn't survive it "exploding". Especially since the Time Trapper nabbed him.

The energy released only destroyed almost all life in the universe minus the monitor and a plant. The planets, etc were fine.

You know, it makes me wonder. What would happen if Prime with the Guardian Amp went and sun dipped?

Nothing should, his muscles where saturated with Oan Juice, that was as far as we can tell his main source of power till it ran out. Then he probably went back to running off sunshine.
#42 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
@mark5 said:
Prime.


Yeah by totally owning someone that busts a galaxy to forge a damn sword. *Rolls eyes*

Who has Prime beaten to give him such status, without PIS mind you?

The guy is beyond blown out of proportion and the only reason this thread exists is to bank of the ill defined magic resistance he posses, despite fighting a being that blows him out of the water.

Well Prime is Pre-Crisis in nature so PIS is nothing new. lol
#43 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:

"Well Prime is Pre-Crisis in nature so PIS is nothing new. lol


True, but they shouldn't have to essentially redefine how Mxy's powers work just so he doesn't wreck Prime.

But yeah those PIS moments are essentially part of his power set, case and point when he is about to be killed by the Black Lanterns he puts on their ring and channels the power of the rainbow to kill them all.

 

I really wish Prime wasn't written as a moron and made an extremely unlikable character, with only one fleeting moment of redemption being his depiction in Blackest Knight. )=

#44 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
@OmegaDynasty said:

"Well Prime is Pre-Crisis in nature so PIS is nothing new. lol


True, but they shouldn't have to essentially redefine how Mxy's powers work just so he doesn't wreck Prime.

But yeah those PIS moments are essentially part of his power set, case and point when he is about to be killed by the Black Lanterns he puts on their ring and channels the power of the rainbow to kill them all.

 

I really wish Prime wasn't written as a moron and made an extremely unlikable character, with only one fleeting moment of redemption being his depiction in Blackest Knight. )=



Yes, rainbow powers are not unknown to Pre-Crisis Kryptonians.

#45 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
"Yes, rainbow powers are not unknown to Pre-Crisis Kryptonians. "
 
 


I have to give you props for posting that scan.

I had no idea he could shoot rainbows from his finger tips lol.

#46 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
"Yes, rainbow powers are not unknown to Pre-Crisis Kryptonians. "
 


I have to give you props for posting that scan.

I had no idea he could shoot rainbows from his finger tips lol.

Well, that is SA Superman he pulled powers out of his big red "S" all the time. He was a walking plot device.
#47 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
@isaac_clarke said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
"Yes, rainbow powers are not unknown to Pre-Crisis Kryptonians. "
 


I have to give you props for posting that scan.

I had no idea he could shoot rainbows from his finger tips lol.

Well, that is SA Superman he pulled powers out of his big red "S" all the time. He was a walking plot device.

That I knew, just never that he had the power to channel the rainbow through his finger tips. I wouldn't be suprised if we found a pot of gold at the other end and skittles.
#48 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@isaac_clarke said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
"Yes, rainbow powers are not unknown to Pre-Crisis Kryptonians. "
 


I have to give you props for posting that scan.

I had no idea he could shoot rainbows from his finger tips lol.

Well, that is SA Superman he pulled powers out of his big red "S" all the time. He was a walking plot device.
That I knew, just never that he had the power to channel the rainbow through his finger tips. I wouldn't be suprised if we found a pot of gold at the other end and skittles.
Indeed he is feeling rather...

#49 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty:  Yes this form is talking about Superman Prime . Thats why I referred to him beating up Mxy.

2. Id read it again. To me it seems like Prime beat him up and Annataz is merely just preventing Mxy from leaving. Prime even says Mxys magic is more powerful than hers...so how can she depower him if his magic would stomp here. Id say its a big feat. Prime would have to beat Mxy up enough to bring down his defenses enough for Annataz to do that to him.
His quote im 2 punch drunk and that wtich is preventing me from summoning any magic. It was due to the combind effort of Annataz and Prime. And seeing Prime that Prime is bullying them both id call that a big feat.
#50 Posted by baron2011 (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

prime survived worse that galaxy busting attacks even in his boy form