• 67 results
#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep fight takes place in a locked realm putting them both at full power to the death or knock out winner may leave the realm

VS

#2 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

surtur

#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go surtur
#4 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

intresting
#5 Posted by pooty (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Surtur Thor level or at best Odin level? Going with Dormammu.

#6 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

He is at least Odin level.

#7 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and odin worked together to beat him.

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur

#9 Posted by Mighty Max (460 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends Dr. Strange has said that were Dormammu at full power nobody in the universe could stand against him.

And the most powerful version of Dormammu that we have seen has rivaled Eternity in power.

So I'll go with Dormammu. Then again though it really could go either way, Surtur is a ridiculously powerful demon too, were this not at full power Surtur would win but Dormammu at full power has been said to be unbelievable. Then again it could be all talk!

#10 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mighty Max said:

"It depends Dr. Strange has said that were Dormammu at full power nobody in the universe could stand against him.  And the most powerful version of Dormammu that we have seen has rivaled Eternity in power.   "

Can you tell me when this was said and in what context ? 

Dormammu's power level is less than that of Odin, as demonstrated by his ability to only tamper with the enchantments that Odin placed on Mjolnir, not to dispell them (all displayed when he caused Thor to revert to Don Blake). 
Surtur's power level at least rivals that of Odin, however Surtur's power is less variable in it's application than either Odin's or Dormammu's. 
Then we need to take in to account that Dormammu has mostly been portrayed as a buffon over the last decade. 
Based on this, I'll take Surtur for the win.      
#11 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator: 

wasn't it stated that dormamu far surpassed hell lords?
#12 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@the creator:  wasn't it stated that dormamu far surpassed hell lords? "

Surtur's power is greater than most 'hell lords' and sky-fathers for that matter.
Earlier references clearly said that he could not overcome Odin's enchantments and yet Surtur has on occasion actually done this. 
#13 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

also question for anone especially knowledgebale in demons or gods how powerful are these guys when compared to each other?  
surtur, dormamu, Mephisto, the Demogorge, chthon and those who sit above in shadow    
#14 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
@Achilles. said:
" surtur "
@ssejllenrad said:
" Surtur "
#15 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
Surtur's power is greater than most 'hell lords' and sky-fathers for that matter.Earlier references clearly said that he could not overcome Odin's enchantments and yet Surtur has on occasion actually done this.  "

hasn't mephisto also done this? didn't he melt Mjolneir and reform it at one point?
#16 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
Surtur's power is greater than most 'hell lords' and sky-fathers for that matter.Earlier references clearly said that he could not overcome Odin's enchantments and yet Surtur has on occasion actually done this.  "

Mephisto in his own realm is powerful enough to affect Mjolneir  
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsMephisto09.jpg
#17 Posted by pooty (11017 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael: @the creator: @Thor's hammmer:  The OP says both are at most powerful level. So wouldn't that be Dormammu in his dimension? In his dimension i would think that he surpasses Surtur at his most powerful. I think
#18 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: 

well a batlefield is never stated so we could also assume there fighting near...whatever that thing is that amp's surtur it's name escape's me at the moment
#19 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu

#20 Edited by Mighty Max (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:

" @Mighty Max said:

"It depends Dr. Strange has said that were Dormammu at full power nobody in the universe could stand against him.  And the most powerful version of Dormammu that we have seen has rivaled Eternity in power.   "

Can you tell me when this was said and in what context ?   Dormammu's power level is less than that of Odin, as demonstrated by his ability to only tamper with the enchantments that Odin placed on Mjolnir, not to dispell them (all displayed when he caused Thor to revert to Don Blake). Surtur's power level at least rivals that of Odin, however Surtur's power is less variable in it's application than either Odin's or Dormammu's. Then we need to take in to account that Dormammu has mostly been portrayed as a buffon over the last decade. Based on this, I'll take Surtur for the win.       "
It was said in Amazing Spider Man remember the Happy Birthday issues parts 1,2 and 3, (I loved these especially in part 3 when Dr. Strange takes Uncle Ben down from Heaven so that Peter can see him for 5 minutes as a birthday present, it was amazing) I think it's from part 2, well pretty much the story is that these guys the "MIndless Ones" attack and aload of the Avengers all come to the scene and then Reed brings some invention he whipped up to send them back to their dimension then Strange turns up and says these are Dormammu's henchmen and that this was all part of his plan then after Reed uses the device when the dust settles we see Dormammu, then he says that "at full power no one could stand against him". Then Strange fights him and says he's so powerful and so on that he must kill himself to stop him and send him back and then Spidey jumps in to stop Strange from killing himself then they're just thrown around time and so on. As I said it could be all talk! Looking at more of Surtur's feats I might go for him. I haven't read any of the issues but I believe it was in some defenders issues that Dormammu defeated Eternity (twice I heard), I haven't read them so I don't know how it happened but I just heard about it!

Yeah Dormammu has been a joke for over the last decade but the OP says at his most powerful so I assume it means the old Dormammu. Dormammu has some pretty mad feats too! Wait I think I'll stick with Dormammu actually!
#21 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu
#22 Posted by blazinasian112 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

dormammu...but close fight

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Dormammu
#24 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm?? Idk this one...but I'm gonna go with dormammu for now

#25 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu should win.

#26 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu.

#27 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Great fight.

Could go either way, honestly.

#28 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more impressed with Dormammu.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu wins.

#30 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer Surtur but...Dormammu should win here, he showed more impressive feats, the most known is giving Eternity a challenge.

#31 Posted by blazinasian112 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: NICE!

#32 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Dormammu wins.

Dormammu didnt win that fight though.

#33 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: No, its just that Surtur can't fight Eternity.

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Neither can Dormammu than. Dorm said Zeus, and Odin are his equals which makes Surtur there level.

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: But Dormammu did fight Eternity. Feats > statements which could easily be lies.

#36 Posted by dondave (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu

#37 Posted by New_World_Order (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: But Dormammu did fight Eternity. Feats > statements which could easily be lies.

But, he lost. I remember Eternity later on said he was nothing but a nusisance

#38 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Well that likely was an M-body. Here is the full details of the fight, make of it as you will:

So the actual fight (note Eternity doesnt even attack Dormammu, its Dormammu who does all the attacking part and blows himself up)

Strange Tales 147

Defenders Volume 3, ISsue 02 Eternity recall Dormammu's previous meeting him as dismissiable

Official Handbook of Marvel Universe 2005 from Dormammu's own bio

I collected this because 7am kept coming up with his own interpretation of what happened, and how Dormammu is so much superior than Eternity.

The point was Dormammu would likely win, but taking that feat isnt helping given it was proven Dormammu himself is absolutely no match for eternity, and should Surtur even fight Eternity the result should be exactly the same.

#39 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Alright, but what about the Gaea feat? I know Gaea banished him afterwards, but didn't Dormammu hold Gaea prisoner or something?

#40 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: Alright, but what about the Gaea feat? I know Gaea banished him afterwards, but didn't Dormammu hold Gaea prisoner or something?

I dont think Gaea was ever meant to more powerful than Odin himself, we have seen Set do that to Gaea as well, and Set got puncked in his own domain by Atum, and defeated by Neptune, both resonable closer to Odin's level.

I think Dormammu would win, specially given his power in Dark Dimension (i havent read a lot on Dormammu though, likelythere are plenty of feats i dont know about) i just personally dont like that particular feat of Eternity's fight.

#41 Edited by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Although Gaea was unharmed by Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange, and so on, and then stomped them all effortlessly. Yes, Odin could stomp them, but I doubt Odin would be unharmed by all of their enraged attacks.

Neptune should be below Zeus. who is equal to or below Odin. But he didn't really fight Set, he just destroyed a mini of him which harmed Set, but Set couldn't even attack Neptune.

#42 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: Although Gaea was unharmed by Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange, and so on, and then stomped them all effortlessly. Yes, Odin could stomp them, but I doubt Odin would be unharmed by all of their enraged attacks.

Sure why not, the only one here capable of doing anything to Odin seems to be Dr. Strange but then it very much depends on what power he is chanelling. We have seen him struggle with Loki and in another instance we have seen him channel the very power of Master Order and Lord Chaos to beat Inbetweener.

That being said, Gaea is sometimes physical , something eternal, if you point me to the issue, or perhaps have the scan i can check it out on what happened. Also Odin has stood up to Seth, Infinity, Dark Gods and Galactus, i dont really see how Avengers could really do anything to him.

Neptune should be below Zeus. who is equal to or below Odin. But he didn't really fight Set, he just destroyed a mini of him which harmed Set, but Set couldn't even attack Neptune.

Nepture did destroy what physical self came to earth, he also destroyed his body and harmed Set greatly to a point Set held a grudge, certainly points that Set is about the same level as Odin and Neptune i would think.

Atum incident shows the same, and he was beaten in his own place of power. Bios state Atum is more powerful than "most" godheads, reasonable to believe he is up around Odin level (likely a bit above).

Elder Gods, apart from being old, havent really dont anything to warrent a status above Skyfather, who have normally achieve feats of greater significance.

#43 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Thor alone has harmed him before, with all the others smashing him (and him not resisting, I mean) he should get harmed.

Gaea seems to be an ethereal spirit more than a corporeal, physical being, since they were apparently attacking a mountain.

Nepture did destroy what physical self came to earth, he also destroyed his body and harmed Set greatly to a point Set held a grudge, certainly points that Set is about the same level as Odin and Neptune i would think.

Atum incident shows the same, and he was beaten in his own place of power. Bios state Atum is more powerful than "most" godheads, reasonable to believe he is up around Odin level (likely a bit above).

Elder Gods, apart from being old, havent really dont anything to warrent a status above Skyfather, who have normally achieve feats of greater significance.

If I recall from those scans, Neptune didn't actually attack the real Set, just this mini replica of him that was tied to his life force. The biography said Neptune severed a portion of Set's life force.

Not to mention that Neptune is inferior to Zeus, so this means that Zeus > Odin?????

Oh, and by the way, do you have scans of Neptune deflecting attacks from Zeus? I asked for some but you never responded.

#44 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: Thor alone has harmed him before, with all the others smashing him (and him not resisting, I mean) he should get harmed.

When has Thor harmed Odin? Normally Thor is shown incapable of doing anything to Odin. Then we have seen him unharmed by people stronger than Thor, Mangog.

Gaea seems to be an ethereal spirit more than a corporeal, physical being, since they were apparently attacking a mountain.

Looks more physical as the attack arent passing throught her, Surfer can deal with intangible and spirit anyways perhaps not on level of Gaea.

Thats the thing with Gaea she never fights.

If I recall from those scans, Neptune didn't actually attack the real Set, just this mini replica of him that was tied to his life force. The biography said Neptune severed a portion of Set's life force.

They were trying to get Set to come on earth throught the golden Set statue, something Set has done before. While trying to come to earth, before Set could entire, Nepture came in, destroyed the statue, harmed Set himself greatly and made sure the temple was never used to bring Set back.

Thats a genuine account of someone harming set greatly, and Set powerless to do much about it.

Not to mention that Neptune is inferior to Zeus, so this means that Zeus > Odin?????

Oh, and by the way, do you have scans of Neptune deflecting attacks from Zeus? I asked for some but you never responded.

Not sure i follow, Neptune is inferior to Zeus, yes, Neptune harmed Set greatly yes, how does that equate to Zeus > Odin? The whole point was Elder Gods are extremely unaccomplished and i really dont think they were meant to be above Skyfathers. After all we know Atum, the most powerful of the lot (well not including Osthur because of her ascension) who has humilated Set in his own domain , is closer to a skyfather.

And no sorry dont have the scan, that reminds me, maybe i'll do a chronology on Neptune next, i have stuffs to do on weekened, so the chronology should be up by next friday, i'll make sure to find and include that scan, sounds good?

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Alright. You were the one that said Neptune = Surtur = Odin or something, and I abstained from agreeing.

#46 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: Alright. You were the one that said Neptune = Surtur = Odin or something, and I abstained from agreeing.

I am pretty sure i have never said that, likely said they were around similar power level, fall under similar category much like Thor, Iron Man and Hulk than anything else.

I would put Odin above Neptune, and depending upon circumstances Surtur above both of them, neither of them being by huge margin. If anything Odin and Surtur are more accomplished than Neptune is.

#47 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yeah.

As for Thor harming Odin:

#48 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Oh fear itself, and you that honestly look more like Odin getting shocked then anything else, rather than really being harmed although he did show some response. He has done that to Galactus as well, who should comfortable be much above Gaea. Thor at one point was about to fight The Infinites, pretty hilarious though, but Thor loves to duke it out to people way beyond his power level.

#49 Edited by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yes, but the point is that the others can harm Odin if they all attacked at once, and they failed to harm Gaea, whom Dormammu defeated (prior to her summoning the power of the world to strike Dormammu into another dimension, banishing him).

#50 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: Yes, but the point is that the others can harm Odin if they all attacked at once, and they failed to harm Gaea, whom Dormammu defeated (prior to her summoning the power of the world to strike Dormammu into another dimension, banishing him).

I dont get it, Odin has tanked much higher blast without any real damange to show for, then what a group of Avengers/Defenders are capable of duking out.

Secondly you are comparing physical durability against being mystically trapped? Not sure i follow.

Although i did say Dormammu would win from the get go.