#1 Edited by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

can't correct the topic, it's Izanagi not Izanami sorry.

Surtur

The Serpent

Typhon

Seth

vs

Odin

Zeus

Horus

Izanagi

fight take place in heavens,

in character

win by Death, KO, or incapacitation

#2 Edited by D3athstroke (4155 posts) - - Show Bio

Set ? As Elder God Set ? The one who created black magic ? I'm think that he can solo.

#3 Edited by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

Set ? As Elder God Set ? The one who created black magic ? I'm think that he can solo.

no, Seth not Set. Seth is an evil God of the egyptian panthon and his power is equal to skyfathers

#4 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

no one else?

is it a stomp or fair battle?

#5 Posted by BigCimmerian (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, I think team 1 wins, Surtur is above everybody here and I if Serpent is at full power I think he is more powerful than Odin.

#6 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Horus and Izanagi are featless

#7 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama said:

I think Horus and Izanagi are featless

i'm not sure about Izanagi but he's a skyfather after all.

Horus has shown in his first appearences to be as strong as Thor if not stronger, that was before he become a skyfather.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

I'm not sure, I think team 1 wins, Surtur is above everybody here and I if Serpent is at full power I think he is more powerful than Odin.

Odin already beat Serpent.

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

In ancient time right? I think that during Fear Itself Serpent was more powerful then in the past because entire world was afraid and he was feeding on fear.

#10 Posted by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur, here, is the biggest threat. And since no one has Freyr's magical sword (Surtur's only weakness), i do not see how Team 2 can overcome him. Though, if anyone could beat Surtur without Freyr's sword, it will be Team 2. But, with all of the others on Team 1...oof!

Team 1 FTW!

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

In ancient time right? I think that during Fear Itself Serpent was more powerful then in the past because entire world was afraid and he was feeding on fear.

Killemail told me there was a second time

#12 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Killemail told me there was a second time

you mean ? i would like to see that.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

Odin beat Serpent during New Avengers 34 and The Mighty Thor 05 (2011) but both takes place in the past.

#14 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

Odin beat Serpent during New Avengers 34 and The Mighty Thor 05 (2011) but both takes place in the past.

thx buddy

#15 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Also in topic Serpent being more powerful than Odin in Fear Itself is based plainly on an unproven drivel, a statement from Serpent saying now i am powerful enough to take my rightful place. There is absolutely nothing to back up that claim, nor does Serpent have feats to remotely rival Odin's. Furthermore we know Odin on the other hand was preparing to destroy the earth the beat Surtur and he was convinced he could actually stop him. Then we also see Thor actually fight and kill Serpent with Ragnarok sword , albiet Serpent was weakend by Loki's action.

As per Surtur, Journey into the Mystery and Thor volume 1 is filled with Odin clearly beating Surtur every fight they had, Odin has in fact beaten Surtur and Ymir together, Thor 400, Thor with Odin Force also easily beats Surtur. Then bam volume 3, Surtur is clearly shown to be Odin's superior. I suppose we go based on the most recent feats, where Surtur was indeed explained as Odin superior, but i am still not sure if that past 4 clearly loses that Surtur faced against Odin should be nullified.

Surtur and Odin are equally matched as far as i am concerned, and while i can understand Surtur beating Odin, i dont understand Surtur soloing given Zeus has always been portrayed Odin's equal.

Horus and Izanami are pretty much featless to make any sort of claim, while neither Typhon or Seth is really flowing with heavy feats, their feats still are better than the formal two.

I say team 1 in a very close match.

#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Also in topic Serpent being more powerful than Odin in Fear Itself is based plainly on an unproven drivel, a statement from Serpent saying now i am powerful enough to take my rightful place. There is absolutely nothing to back up that claim, nor does Serpent have feats to remotely rival Odin's. Furthermore we know Odin on the other hand was preparing to destroy the earth the beat Surtur and he was convinced he could actually stop him. Then we also see Thor actually fight and kill Serpent with Ragnarok sword , albiet Serpent was weakend by Loki's action.

As per Surtur, Journey into the Mystery and Thor volume 1 is filled with Odin clearly beating Surtur every fight they had, Odin has in fact beaten Surtur and Ymir together, Thor 400, Thor with Odin Force also easily beats Surtur. Then bam volume 3, Surtur is clearly shown to be Odin's superior. I suppose we go based on the most recent feats, where Surtur was indeed explained as Odin superior, but i am still not sure if that past 4 clearly loses that Surtur faced against Odin should be nullified.

Surtur and Odin are equally matched as far as i am concerned, and while i can understand Surtur beating Odin, i dont understand Surtur soloing given Zeus has always been portrayed Odin's equal.

Horus and Izanami are pretty much featless to make any sort of claim, while neither Typhon or Seth is really flowing with heavy feats, their feats still are better than the formal two.

This

#17 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

The good gods win, the demons lose since Zeus has beaten typhon. Odin has beaten surtur and Serpent. Horus and Izanagi are skyfathers, so they are pretty close to odin and Zeus's lvl.

#18 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Surtur has lost to odin

#19 Posted by highaccuser (8427 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said: 

Zeus is in no way odin's equal. Without the odinforce yes, but it surpresses the combined might of all skyfathers, and hasm't seth took on odin? His page says he is close to odin.
#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Zeus is in no way odin's equal.

They are normally "called" equal but there is very little feat from Zeus to back up his claim as Odin equal, and equality most likely is based on their status.

Without the odinforce yes, but it surpresses the combined might of all skyfathers,

This is new , havent heard this before? Would you happen to know where this was stated, i'll check it out

and hasm't seth took on odin? His page says he is close to odin.

Seth fought Odin and the fight nearly destroyed the multiverse, which was weird given either are as powerful. The reason we dont count that feat is because Seth was extremely amped, by the soul of everyone on his pantheon, much like Odin during Celestial Wars.

Then we have seen very little about Seth apart from the fact that he was at the receiving end of a godstompping from Atum, when 7 hell lords merged their domain together.

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

They are normally "called" equal but there is very little feat from Zeus to back up his claim as Odin equal, and equality most likely is based on their status.

Hasn't Zeus stalemated Odin before?

Zeus has pummeled the Hulk before (I'm sure everybody has seen that) and he has defeated the Avengers:

He has also thrown Mount Etna on Typhon, but I don't think that counts for much.

I think the problem is Zeus's lack of feats, since they seem to be pretty good.

#22 Edited by ShootingNova (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, this fight seems like:

Sutur >=< Odin.

Typhon < Zeus

Seth > Horus (from feats)

Serpent > Izanagi (again, its probably due to feats).

I guess team 1 wins a majority, although Zeus beating Typhon seems to be the fight that is closest to a stomp.

#23 Posted by highaccuser (8427 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said: 

Without the odinforce yes, but it surpresses the combined might of all skyfathers,

This is new , havent heard this before? Would you happen to know where this was stated, i'll check it out

Okay I doubt it was ever stated, but it seems like common sense. Godheads have no feats. As far as i know, they are measured by Zeus stomping hulk, yet he was defeated by getting stabbed in the shoulder by a spear (that was probably enchanted) during the Hulk vs. Hercules one-shot. Odin has feats way above their level, like physically knocking out himself and galactus ( Before they got up and galactus beat him). Before anyone says Zeus beat galactus, he was probably amped by Mikaboshi at the time, especially given he was actually hurt during his fight with hulk.

Seth fought Odin and the fight nearly destroyed the multiverse, which was weird given either are as powerful. The reason we dont count that feat is because Seth was extremely amped, by the soul of everyone on his pantheon, much like Odin during Celestial Wars.

Wait, he did THAT with only one pantheons energy!? Glory had the power of giant pantheon of 10,000 and still lost to thor, but seth only needs a normal sized pantheon to take on Odin?
#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Okay I doubt it was ever stated, but it seems like common sense. Godheads have no feats. As far as i know, they are measured by Zeus stomping hulk, yet he was defeated by getting stabbed in the shoulder by a spear (that was probably enchanted) during the Hulk vs. Hercules one-shot. Odin has feats way above their level, like physically knocking out himself and galactus ( Before they got up and galactus beat him). Before anyone says Zeus beat galactus, he was probably amped by Mikaboshi at the time, especially given he was actually hurt during his fight with hulk.

Fair enough.

Wait, he did THAT with only one pantheons energy!? Glory had the power of giant pantheon of 10,000 and still lost to thor, but seth only needs a normal sized pantheon to take on Odin?

Thor beating Glory was more to do with him being amped by god/ faith, the issue and bios made that pretty clear. He gets a sudden, unexpected boost.

Seth also claimed he was Set, the serpent god, perhaps he had some of Set's power, dont recall seeing that but i will have to go through the issue again.

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Are you still considering Odin > Zeus?

#26 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: Are you still considering Odin > Zeus?

Yes. Odin and Zeus have never really fought apart from a heated argument in Starlight Citadel, but then its watched by Living Tribunal they would likely have never really fought there anyways. Zeus has some nice feat not disagreeing that, but there is nothing there to compare with Odin's high end feat some of which are ridiculious like:

1. Nearly destroyed the very fabric of multiverse in a fight with amped up Seth

2. Reforming the destruction caused during his fight with Infinity, where people claim galaxies were destroyed (i dont always agree), with a wave of his hand.

3. Actually being shown superior or at the least equal with Surtur who has destroyed a Galaxy, i thought it was hyperbole, but not only the issue, bio substantiate Surtur galaxy destruction as well.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

1. Nearly destroyed the very fabric of multiverse in a fight with amped up Seth

This seems to be more like PIS, CIS, WIS, etc, because Odin isn't even universal in power.

2. Reforming the destruction caused during his fight with Infinity, where people claim galaxies were destroyed (i dont always agree), with a wave of his hand.

Galaxies still seems somewhat above Odin. I mean, the combined might of Odin, Zeus and Vishnu was only powerful enough to knock a world out of orbit:

So I doubt Odin is destroying galaxies by waving a hand.

3. Actually being shown superior or at the least equal with Surtur who has destroyed a Galaxy, i thought it was hyperbole, but not only the issue, bio substantiate Surtur galaxy destruction as well.

Well, really, Odin appears to have better feats than Zeus, in general. Zeus has better physical strength but I highly doubt that will be of much use in a fight against Odin. Although most of Zeus's feats were effortlessly achieved, but it is too much of a question mark due to lack of feats.

#28 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

This seems to be more like PIS, CIS, WIS, etc, because Odin isn't even universal in power.

I dont think its PIS but we could agree to disagree. Not he did not destroy the multiverse or anything, he was going to damange the "fabric" of multiverse, and we have seen being like Surfer, Stardust, rather effortlessly tear a hole in fabric of reality (universe) with a black hole. Its not much of a stretch.

This however is different from say the fight between Post Retcon Molecule Man and Beyonder, which actively affected and warp realities on a trans-multiversal scale, but they were at that time, beyond the likes of Galactus.

Galaxies still seems somewhat above Odin. I mean, the combined might of Odin, Zeus and Vishnu was only powerful enough to knock a world out of orbit:

So I doubt Odin is destroying galaxies by waving a hand.

I never actually said Odin destroyed Galaxies, let alone with a wave of his hand. What i however said was Odin "repaired" the damage cause in the fight with Infinity, with mere wave of his hand, and went on to say, in order to show the damange he repaired that people claim Odin destroyed galaxies in the fight, a claim i dont normally agree.

Also you can look at one showing to try and dismiss other. There are other showing that warrant Odin likely could destroy a galaxy, firstly his fight with Infinity shook the very universe (no wonder what that really means :p ), Odin has pretty much shown Surtur equal and more often his superior (provided the former is not wielding the twlight sword, with that Surtur is clearly superior) and we know Surtur for one has destroyed a galaxy, albiet by destroying its core. I have seen people claim its a hyperbole, but its not only stated, its graphically depicted in comics and backed by bio.

We have also seen Odin channel energy capable of destroying an entire universe with a wave of his hand, (although Adam Warlock did something of the same magnitude) , we have seen Odin stand up perfectly to Galactus, although its pretty obvious Galactus is superior.

There are quite a few showing that shows Odin is closer to Galaxy level,if not there, something Zeus has no claim at.

Well, really, Odin appears to have better feats than Zeus, in general. Zeus has better physical strength but I highly doubt that will be of much use in a fight against Odin. Although most of Zeus's feats were effortlessly achieved, but it is too much of a question mark due to lack of feats.

Well lack of feat is lack of feats, achieved effortlessly or otherwise. If his feats were even above planetary level we could say something. We have seen Thor stalemate Zeus (one of the most inconsistent showing in comics, but then we have Atum claim 7 pantheon gods gave him a much better fight than Elder Gods), and him beating Avengers whose only class 100 being were Thor and She Hulk isnt telling much neither is him being able to beat Hulk with a lightning amped punch.

#29 Edited by ShootingNova (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

I dont think its PIS but we could agree to disagree. Not he did not destroy the multiverse or anything, he was going to damange the "fabric" of multiverse, and we have seen being like Surfer, Stardust, rather effortlessly tear a hole in fabric of reality (universe) with a black hole. Its not much of a stretch.

No, it was just tearing at the fabric of the multiverse, and then "imperil untold galaxies".

Not to mention this isn't a feat for Odin, but a feat for Odin plus a heavily amped Seth.

I never actually said Odin destroyed Galaxies, let alone with a wave of his hand. What i however said was Odin "repaired" the damage cause in the fight with Infinity, with mere wave of his hand, and went on to say, in order to show the damange he repaired that people claim Odin destroyed galaxies in the fight, a claim i dont normally agree.

I know, I misread that. I apologize for my erroneous reading. It's quite late here, and I just finished reading an entire article so my eyes are a little weak at the moment.

We have seen Thor stalemate Zeus

Wasn't Zeus holding back in the Thor fight? If he wasn't, then that was PIS, CIS, and WIS.

He has already beaten the Avengers (Thor included):

So Thor stalemating Zeus is clearly not valid.

Regardless, this is pretty much the same thing as Thor harming Odin enough to drop him to his knees (of course, he lost, but still).

Avengers whose only class 100 being were Thor and She Hulk

And according to members of the Vine (although this may be outdated) Odin is a Class 60.

neither is him being able to beat Hulk with a lightning amped punch.

He still has better physical feats than Odin. Not to mention the Hulk lost his strength for some time after being hit by Zeus.

#30 Posted by highaccuser (8427 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

Thor beating Glory was more to do with him being amped by god/ faith, the issue and bios made that pretty clear. He gets a sudden, unexpected boost.

I saw both the thor-glory fights on youtube, and it seems like thor won fairly the first time, but the Chaos king started amping glory and then thor got the boost. 

2. Yeah that kinda confuses me. Was this the abstract infinity? And if so why did thor say "Be HIS name...Infinity?"? And why were they fighting in the first place? It seems the sliver of Infinity he had during that fight amped and warped his power in wierd ways, otherwise Infinity outclasses him. 

Will someone please tell me what PIS means?
#31 Posted by highaccuser (8427 posts) - - Show Bio

Nevermind, I just rewatched the first one. Thor only won cuz of "the spark" 

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: No, that's not the abstract Infinity, who curbstomps Odin. This is a different Infinity - a loose part of Odin's soul and an equal power that Hela/Hel could control.

Will someone please tell me what PIS means?

Plot-Induced-Stupidity.

Closely related with CIS (Character-Induced-Stupidity) and WIS (Writer-Induced-Stupidity).

#33 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Nevermind, I just rewatched the first one. Thor only won cuz of "the spark"

Exactly.

And his bio says this:

And you got the answer for the second part, Infinity was a portion of Odin soul, stolen by Hela a long ago, which also contained a tiny fraction of Infinity, the actual abstract, thats about it.

Abstracts are some order of magnitudes above skyfather, let alone one of the 4 corners of cosmic compass.