Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FukYouRenchamp
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Supreme gets feats from all media.
  • Win by any means necessary
  • In Character
  • Pre-52 & N52 feats are allowed if the version of the character isn't specified.

Gauntlet:

1. Round One: Shazam & Superboy
  2. Round Two: N52 Superman
  3. Round Three: Ultraman & Black Adam
  4. Round Four: Post-Crisis Superman
  5. Round Five: Cyborg Superman
  6. Round Six: H'el
  7. Round Seven: Tangent Superman (Can't shut down Supreme's organs, Brainflow,etc)
  8. Round Eight: Mister Majestic
  9. Round Nine: Superman Prime
  10. Round Ten: Silver Age Superman

Setting:

• Red is Supreme, Green is whoever he fights.
  • Battle starts here, but can go wherever.
No Caption Provided

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By comicninjax

supreme beats everyone except silver age supes. that supreme is classic and has a power set that lets him create anti anything vision. only silver age supes could counter that. and by the way tangent superman could not stop anything even if you allowed it bc classic supreme's make up is always in flux so his patterns are always changing physically and adapts to everything instantly.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicninjax: Callouts. In the Callout thread, You can place your name on certain characters, lets say, You wanted to be put down for Supreme, You tell the author of the thread, He puts your name down and when someone makes a thread involving Supreme, They can go to the callout thread, copy whoever has their name down for Supreme and paste it in their Supreme battle so the person that put their name down in the callout thread will get a notification leading them to the battle so they can comment and provide info.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I dunno old buff Jim Belushi.

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus:

@comicninjax: Callouts. In the Callout thread, You can place your name on certain characters, lets say, You wanted to be put down for Supreme, You tell the author of the thread, He puts your name down and when someone makes a thread involving Supreme, They can go to the callout thread, copy whoever has their name down for Supreme and paste it in their Supreme battle so the person that put their name down in the callout thread will get a notification leading them to the battle so they can comment and provide info.

cool.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

No idea who supreme Superman is. He looks sad though.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By z3ro180

Well supreme was created by robb Liefield so in that he fails

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your not going to get anyone to post here bc they wont accept that silver age supes is where supreme stops but they cant prove otherwise so they wont post.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really do not know much about Supreme

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By comicninjax

@theamazingimmortalman:

he is silver age supes in a different body.

he can come up with powers to defeat you instantly and his makeup is in constant flux and always adapting to everything.

breaking 4th dimensional wall to get his own comic to make an enemy not exist.
breaking 4th dimensional wall to get his own comic to make an enemy not exist.
analyzing an aenemy mid combat to create new power to one shot it.
analyzing an aenemy mid combat to create new power to one shot it.
going through a very powerful forcefield.
going through a very powerful forcefield.
No Caption Provided
easily flying through stars
easily flying through stars
black holes are nothing to him.
black holes are nothing to him.
No Caption Provided
10 times a genius from his origin.
10 times a genius from his origin.
multiple times faster than light.
multiple times faster than light.
multiple times faster  light
multiple times faster light
translight speed
translight speed
No Caption Provided
you cant find his weakness bc he is in constant flux and you manipulate his mind or molecules.
you cant find his weakness bc he is in constant flux and you manipulate his mind or molecules.
breaking 4th wall to get his own comic to find the ending.
breaking 4th wall to get his own comic to find the ending.
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicninjax: That's insane....is like silver age Superman combined with Mxyptlk

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@pr0metheus: pffffft. i say he doesn't make it past round 1.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stormdriven
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 1

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Going by the scans shown, he either stops at 10 or clears

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Wyldsong

@pr0metheus: I really hate to say this, and I am stating this as a Supreme fan, but Supreme at classic levels, pre-Moore, wasn't as impressive as later levels, where he was able to match the likes of Omniman. A lot of the scans shown by some people are actually set after the classic era, the Liefeld run. If you want this to be a fair match-up, it needs to be opened up, as the classic Supreme wouldn't get past round 1. At classic levels he was having trouble with the likes of Overtkill, who at the time was a match for Badrock...and Badrock while pretty powerful, would not clear round 1 of this either.

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong:

I think he stops at 10. by the way isn't pree moore the same as moore supreme just different writer? bc he had same origins and all stories were the same right?

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wyldsong

@comicninjax said:

@wyldsong:

I think he stops at 10. by the way isn't pree moore the same as moore supreme just different writer? bc he had same origins and all stories were the same right?

Issues 1 through 40 were by Supreme's creator, Liefeld (and some by Valentino I do believe), which would be the classic Image start up era. Moore wrote what is considered as the quintessential and defining story arc for Supreme starting in issue 41, in which Supreme saw many changes, which included a bump in strength levels (like moving continents and matching Omniman in strength). Liefeld's Supreme was not as powerful as Moore's. Liefeld's run would be the classic era for Supreme, and the classic Supreme would not get past round 1. He received a boost throughout the Moore run, and that era and beyond is where he would stand a chance.

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong:

@wyldsong said:

@comicninjax said:

@wyldsong:

Issues 1 through 40 or 41 were by Supreme's creator, Liefeld, which would be the classic era. Moore wrote what is considered as the quintessential and defining story arc for Supreme, in which Supreme saw many changes, which included a bump in strength levels (like moving continents and matching Omniman in strength). Liefeld's Supreme was not as powerful as Moore's. Liefeld's run would be the classic era for Supreme, and the classic Supreme would not get past round 1. He received a boost throughout the Moore run, and that era and beyond is where he would stand a chance.

well doesn't the increase in strength and ability not matter as long as the character is the same. this is the agreement that is given for green lantern and batman for new 52. supreme was never retcon so he is still the same supreme. classic supreme+ moore supreme. I mean im just going by the rules of continuity here. lets say superman gets a new writer but all he does is make him more powerful but doesn't change his story that superman would be the same superman just stronger. what do you think?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wyldsong

@comicninjax said:

well doesn't the increase in strength and ability not matter as long as the character is the same. this is the agreement that is given for green lantern and batman for new 52. supreme was never retcon so he is still the same supreme. classic supreme+ moore supreme. I mean im just going by the rules of continuity here. lets say superman gets a new writer but all he does is make him more powerful but doesn't change his story that superman would be the same superman just stronger. what do you think?

Actually it does matter, as classic Supreme was specified, in which anything past the classic era is not valid to bring up in the battle. By specifying a version, the OP is restricting the character to classic levels of power and feats. That is the way the battle forums work when you specify a version of the character. Which is why I brought the issue up to the OP in my initial post to get the version broadened, to make for a better battle. We can argue semantics all we like, but it doesn't change the fact that the classic version was specified, and the power levels in the classic run would not make it in this lineup.

I am not trying to be argumentative with you my friend, I am just going by battle forum rules. Issues 1-40 are the classic levels, issue 41 and beyond are the newer era, which is what is needed for a fair battle here. It would be like someone stating classic Spider-Man (classic Spidey had problems with baseline humans), classic Thor (had ridiculous speed feats while modern Thor has issues with Wolvie level speed), classic Superman (could be harmed by explosives and such), so forth and so on. Those are very distinct versions as opposed to modern counterparts.

Yes, throughout continuity, characters may get better and more powerful, but that has no bearing on when a thread creator specifies a very specific version of the character, in which here he stated classic Supreme.

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong:

@wyldsong said:

Actually it does matter, as classic Supreme was specified, in which anything past the classic era is not valid to bring up in the battle. By specifying a version, the OP is restricting the character to classic levels of power and feats. That is the way the battle forums work when you specify a version of the character. Which is why I brought the issue up to the OP in my initial post to get the version broadened, to make for a better battle. We can argue semantics all we like, but it doesn't change the fact that the classic version was specified, and the power levels in the classic run would not make it in this lineup.

ok I get your point but hear me out this would mean that any comic written by another writer besides the originals is a different era right? so new 52 heroes cant use old era feats when they are specified as new52 unless those same feats are shown on panel not just events mentioned. so what im saying is if we can say well new 52 GL is the same and we can use his old feats when they specified new 52 why cant we do the same here in reverse? I mean he says classic supreme but who determines when classic supreme era ends? all that happened was writters changed there was no changed in story arc and the issues continued from 40 to 41. its like saying because a character wasn't written by his first writer his 25th issue is not the classic even though there was no change in character besides power.

btw I am not arguing with you. I just don't understand why this works for an actually retcon universe but not with a universe that wasn't.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

ok I get your point but hear me out this would mean that any comic written by another writer besides the originals is a different era right? so new 52 heroes cant use old era feats when they are specified as new52 unless those same feats are shown on panel not just events mentioned. so what im saying is if we can say well new 52 GL is the same and we can use his old feats when they specified new 52 why cant we do the same here in reverse? I mean he says classic supreme but who determines when classic supreme era ends? all that happened was writters changed there was no changed in story arc and the issues continued from 40 to 41. its like saying because a character wasn't written by his first writer his 25th issue is not the classic even though there was no change in character besides power.

btw I am not arguing with you. I just don't understand why this works for an actually retcon universe but not with a universe that wasn't.

Issue 41 actually did some minor changes in continuity, power levels, and so on, and was under the "Maximum Press" line of books for Image...which was another change for the title as well, as the Maximum Press books were titles that were thought to not to fit in the main Image line, thus further adding a degree of separation from anything before issue 41. Then I think at around issue 49, it moved to the Awesome imprint, which took the title away from Image for awhile. So all in all, I definitely see a direct difference in a classic era, which had a complete run under Image with an almost unchanging and sustained power level, versus a newer era, in which the title changed imprints, and Supreme saw a jump in power levels.

comicninjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong:

@wyldsong said:

Issue 41 actually did some minor changes in continuity, power levels, and so on, and was under the "Maximum Press" line of books for Image...which was another change for the title as well, as the Maximum Press books were titles that were thought to not to fit in the main Image line, thus further adding a degree of separation from anything before issue 41. Then I think at around issue 49, it moved to the Awesome imprint, which took the title away from Image for awhile. So all in all, I definitely see a direct difference in a classic era, which had a complete run under Image with an almost unchanging and sustained power level, versus a newer era, in which the title changed imprints, and Supreme saw a jump in power levels.

well I followed supreme but I did not know the details of the change. thanks for the info. the OP should make this fair though. I think supreme without the limitations gets to 10.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I followed supreme but I did not know the details of the change. thanks for the info. the OP should make this fair though. I think supreme without the limitations gets to 10.

It's all good. With all things considered, if you factor in the whole of Supreme, I think he would have a good shot at making it to 10.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicninjax:

@wyldsong said:

@pr0metheus: I really hate to say this, and I am stating this as a Supreme fan, but Supreme at classic levels, pre-Moore, wasn't as impressive as later levels, where he was able to match the likes of Omniman. A lot of the scans shown by some people are actually set after the classic era, the Liefeld run. If you want this to be a fair match-up, it needs to be opened up, as the classic Supreme wouldn't get past round 1. At classic levels he was having trouble with the likes of Overtkill, who at the time was a match for Badrock...and Badrock while pretty powerful, would not clear round 1 of this either.

I changed it, so Supreme gets all his feats.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Good deal brother man. Not a lot of people know the difference in power levels, so I just wanted the playing field a little more evened out=)

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@wyldsong said:

@pr0metheus: Good deal brother man. Not a lot of people know the difference in power levels, so I just wanted the playing field a little more evened out=)

I saw another thread, with I think DonDave saying at classic level's he'd beat Majestic, but currently would lose. I wanted to see how powerful Supreme was.

Where do you think he stops, and for what reason? (Don't have to make a long paragraph if you want, just like X is faster so he loses)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wyldsong

@pr0metheus: Classic levels are often misconstrued, but going based on what I have laid out, the Supreme of issues 1-40 had problems with characters no one on this list would really bat an eyelash at. When you open the floodgates, I'd really have to do an in-depth review of what he has done (been awhile), but I hesitantly want to say he makes it to 10, but SAS would take him down (too many PIS powers there).

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@comicninjax:

ok can you explain what superboy and shazam going to do to win? I know none of you will explain or debate it or even provide scans

first off, nice to meet you...................you must be new to the vine. Otherwise you would not speak to more experienced viners in such a way. Secondly: I would explain, debate and provide scans on any topic that I felt to make a good case for. However in this case, I don't feel the need to be "baited" into a response in the way that you have. Perhaps you will learn something from this, perhaps not. In any event, I am always free to do an individual match debate (called a "CaV") if you like.

No Caption Provided

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop @ 3

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicninjax:

ok can you explain what superboy and shazam going to do to win? I know none of you will explain or debate it or even provide scans

first off, nice to meet you...................you must be new to the vine. Otherwise you would not speak to more experienced viners in such a way. Secondly: I would explain, debate and provide scans on any topic that I felt to make a good case for. However in this case, I don't feel the need to be "baited" into a response in the way that you have. Perhaps you will learn something from this, perhaps not. In any event, I am always free to do an individual match debate (called a "CaV") if you like.

Don't try to make yourself look like somebody important on the Vine, he is obviously new from the posts and he was just curios. Take example from @wyldsong who was nice enough to explain stuff to him and the guy accepted it, he was just curious about stuff.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: first off....salutations!!! I am not familiar with you,it's always nice to be in communication with an unfamiliar viner!!

secondly, in hindsight, you are correct.......I should have followed wyld's lead and explained things better. I try do so, and be a solid educator to others. shame on me.

thirdly:

Don't try to make yourself look like somebody important on the Vine

that was not my intent, and if that's how you viewed it......that sucks. However, there's no need to be derogatory.