Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Team @sherlock Team Swordsman

• Kirito (Black cost dual swords, throwing darts, Holy Sword Excalibur)
  • Asuna (Her rapier and blood oath light armor)
  • Link (All his gear from skyward sword, mirror shield)

Team @strider92 Team Healing Psychos

• Luther Strode
  • Deadpool
  • The Librarian

Rules:

• In character
  • Win by Death, KO, BFR, or Incapacitation
  • Team Chemistry does come into play
  • No Prep
  • All DC Characters are Pre-52, but Post-52 Feats can be used in most cases
  • All Marvel Characters are Current unless otherwise specified
  • Standard Gear unless otherwise specified
  • Location is unpopulated
  • Contestants start on the bridge at opposite ends.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92Ok so right off the bat im not savvy on Luther or the Librarian.I did dig up some wiki entrys though (primarily the vine ones) and got some basic intel.Also some gear for your team would be great.I dont gather that Luther or the librarian use much though

Thus far this is pretty basic since it doesnt seem like your team will do anything out of the ordinary and i shouldnt have to use much in the way of counter measures for strange powers and gear (Correct me if im wrong)

If im not wrong this should just be a basic confrontation between the characters.The top in terms of skill for my team is Link and Asuna and Kirito make up for it with superior stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9KR0egU0I

Link vs an army.Literally.No matter what kind of enemy you have to fight that many is an outrageous amount.Going by cannon and not gameplay this is a great gauge of what kind of swordsman Link is.He has no enhanced stats for this fight which means one good sword stroke or one arrow will end him instantly.Without a healing ability he cant afford to take any hits from these guys and their number are well into the hundreds.There arent many comic super heroes who can boast of a showing like that.Directly after that little powwow he managed this

Now directly after that as you can see in the video he takes on the demon Lord Ghirrahim.Directly after that mind you.So after fighting and defeating an entire army single handed he takes on a powerful Demon Lord.Ghirrhim has a wide array of powers including enhanced speed durability and strength.On top of that hes a powerful mage able to create solid constructs as well as weapons.And for toppers he has teleportation and telekinesis (Though his TK is only used on weapons he has conjured.His skill is pretty self explanitory

Next a bit on kirito and asuna

Kirito is the dude in black and Asuna is the female (Who matches my avvie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORCu-jgTsM

Kirito uses dual swords making him a relentless attacker you can get a read on how fast he is by the end of the fight.Asuna is actually faster than he is though.One thing that makes the duo formidable is the teamwork they already have going into this.What they usually call switching in the series,one person creates an opening and the other utilizes it.The team dynamic these two have is much higher than anything most people will be bringing to the tourny

And finally a bit on Kiritos flight abilities (Something no one on your team has at all giving him a huge advantage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52cDhvZVmuo

Anything else you need ill add.If you disagree with the basic fight scenario i came up with let me know as well

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@sherlock: First off good luck with the debate. From the looks of your characters it should be interesting.

I'll quickly address the standard gear thing. Luther and the Librarian don't really have any aside their fists so yeah there's nothing extra there. Deadpool just has his standard stuff gun's, swords, random explosives and his teleporter.

Thanks for the background on the characters as I had no idea about any of them though. Before we get down to the debate i'll return the favor. I'm guessing you already know who Deadpool is so I can skip that lol.

Luther is a super-human individual who has unlocked his "talent" in killing. Luther thus far has displayed per-cogniton, hyper-regeneration, enhanced endurance, super-human strength and speed. Luther's most powerful attribute is his healing factor. It has demonstrated feats that put it above Wolverines in pure regen speed. For example here he has his stomach torn open and not only does he keep fighting but uses his own intestines to strangle the Librarian:

Healing:

No Caption Provided

This one of the more impressive ones but he has recovered from other stuff just as fast and even faster. At the beginning of Talent he took a hail of bullets and instantly healed from them.

Speed:

No Caption Provided

As you can see here Luther is a very fast bullet timer and dodges that volley of gunfire while still managing to close the gap between him and the gunmen even moving as a blur to their eyes.

Pre-cognition:

No Caption Provided

Luther has the ability to read movements before they happen. Here for example he see's all the moves the Librarian might make before he's even moved.

Moving on the Librarian like Luther is also talented but has demonstrated far faster reactions and has overall dominated Luther in their fights:

No Caption Provided

Here for example he lets a bullet get withing a few inches of him before dodging all the while maintaining conversation. The guys reflexes are damn good.

No Caption Provided

Like Luther the Librarian also has a healing factor. For example here he heals from a broken neck in seconds. Other talented people like Jack the Ripper have been able to keep fighting while their neck is still broken. Suffice to say these guys are really really hard to keep down.

Hopefully this is enough to give you an idea of who you're up against until we begin the debate :).

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right after class I will be all over this.So say we all!

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sherlock

@strider92: Sorry about that.School can do that to you.FTR you could have started i wouldnt have been offended.

OK so for starters, Link would instantly take to the high ground via clawshot to get a better read of the area and do some sniping via bow.While your team does all have healing arrows arent going to feel nice getting stuck in them and the only one who could hit link up high is deadpool.Getting up their via teleporter is not the best idea considering its aptitude for malfunctions.

Kirito and Asuna are a tag team and will be so through out the fight.Both are outrageously fast (Asuna being faster overall than Kirito) with great reflexes.Kirito at one point in the series cut a bullet in half from a Hecate (Which is an AM rifle).From 10 meters.I tend to think he has the reflexes and speed to slice and dice these guys without much issue.With Asuna and Link as backup it makes it even easier

Just my basic strategy

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said that's just basic.Until I get a strategy from Strider i can't go much more elaborate on a strategy

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: For some reason I didn't get a message when you replied with your tactic -.o. It was only Esquire calling me out in his last post that I even remembered this was still going. Sorry about the wait.

While that seems like a good idea Linking going skyward isn't going to help much. He doesn't favor long range combat nor due to the setting is it of any use. In fact all it does is leave his team-mates at a numbers advantage and allow Deadpool to take pot-shots at him with his various fire-arms.

When it comes to Kritio and Asuna I honestly don't know a lot about them however if they follow the general trend of anime hero's they are going to have pretty high morals and not go all out. People like Luther and the Librarian have no such issues:

No Caption Provided

My main issue here is your team's speed and reactions. Both Luther and the Librarian have some great speed feats. Such as the Librarian dodging a bullet after it was fired and even letting it get close to him before dodging:

No Caption Provided

Or Luther's speedblitzing:

No Caption Provided

In a close combat situation due to their pre-cog, speed, strength and brutality not to mention incredible healing factors that allows them to fight even after stupidly damaging injuries. Throw in Deadpool's randomness and firearms/explosives I see your team eventually getting overwhelmed.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: For some reason I didn't get a message when you replied with your tactic -.o. It was only Esquire calling me out in his last post that I even remembered this was still going. Sorry about the wait.

Thats ok.I just took my midterm anyway so the delay wasnt bad at all for me.I would have had to choose between study and this and id probably have picked this

While that seems like a good idea Linking going skyward isn't going to help much. He doesn't favor long range combat nor due to the setting is it of any use. In fact all it does is leave his team-mates at a numbers advantage and allow Deadpool to take pot-shots at him with his various fire-arms.

I had actually forgotten about Deadpools guns.Link would likely be on the defensive for that so all in all hed have to nix that strategy pretty quick

When it comes to Kritio and Asuna I honestly don't know a lot about them however if they follow the general trend of anime hero's they are going to have pretty high morals and not go all out. People like Luther and the Librarian have no such issues:

No Caption Provided

Im sure they dont.The premase of the story is about 10000 people get trapped in a VR videogame and have to beat the game to leave.As an added bonus if you get killed in game you die in real life.When it comes to furthering themselves in the game they had no reservations about killing the foes they encountered.Kirito had a few instances where he killed players as well.Suna on the other hand is slightly more feeling than he is.

One thing i want to note here is that as well as morals we have team dynamic that comes into play.Do Luthor and Librarian have a good relationship?From what iv dug up they hate each other.If thats the case the team working of those two at least is going to be relatively low.

My main issue here is your team's speed and reactions. Both Luther and the Librarian have some great speed feats. Such as the Librarian dodging a bullet after it was fired and even letting it get close to him before dodging:

No Caption Provided

Or Luther's speedblitzing:

No Caption Provided

In a close combat situation due to their pre-cog, speed, strength and brutality not to mention incredible healing factors that allows them to fight even after stupidly damaging injuries. Throw in Deadpool's randomness and firearms/explosives I see your team eventually getting overwhelmed.

I would say for sure that kirito has better reaction feats than Librarian does.Ill see if i can find the excerpt from the novel

"At the instant of that small sound's echo, her right index finger pulled the trigger.

In the next few seconds, the phenomenon that occurred would be engraved into Sinon's accelerated consciousness with fresh color.

From the Hecate's large muzzle break came orange flames.

On the other side, the blue white lightning cut through the dusk darkness.

Shining like shooting stars, two small lights split to the left and right, flying far away.

Pushed by the anti-materiel rifle's huge recoil, while falling backwards, Sinon belatedly realized the meaning of the scene that she saw.

It was cut apart.

At the moment the bullet fell to the ground, Kirito's lightsaber slashed upwards, and cut the 50-caliber bullet that was supposed to be a fatal hit. The two shooting stars that Sinon saw, were fragments of the bullet that were cut by the high concentration energy blade, and flew past either side of Kirito behind him."

This is from 10 meters away and its usually common to say that deflecting tops dodging and slicing tops deflecting.Again this was a bullet from an anti material rifle. The shots from those things break the sound barrier.I doubt either Librarian or Luthor can boast of being that fast.

Loading Video...

Fortunately this is at the very beginning.As you can see Kiritos own foot speed are incredible and its been stated that Asuna is faster than he is

Loading Video...

If you skip to 14:00 it shows Asunas combat speed as well as somewhat giving you an idea of her overall movement speed.It also shows how far Kirito will go to protect her.Dude just lost his hand.

The healing abilities that your team possess are a huge leg up to be sure,but that being said healing from losing limbs is going to take a while.With Kiritos normal berserk attack behavior anyone he comes across is going to take a lot of damage and its going to happen very quickly.Asuna is faster than he is her strikes are going to be near impossible to dodge or deflect at her speeds.Even if she cant rack up damage as fast as Kirito, your team is going to feel them.Link is a special case and has an indestructable shield that he uses very effectively.No one on your team is going to get through the shield and his combat prowess is more than sufficient to wait for opening to attack,not to mention his arsenal of gear and ranged magical bolts.

I tend to think that when it comes down to the fighting Kirito especially is going to rip your team apart

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock said:

Im sure they dont.The premase of the story is about 10000 people get trapped in a VR videogame and have to beat the game to leave.As an added bonus if you get killed in game you die in real life.When it comes to furthering themselves in the game they had no reservations about killing the foes they encountered.Kirito had a few instances where he killed players as well.Suna on the other hand is slightly more feeling than he is.

One thing i want to note here is that as well as morals we have team dynamic that comes into play.Do Luthor and Librarian have a good relationship?From what iv dug up they hate each other.If thats the case the team working of those two at least is going to be relatively low.

True Luther probably wouldn't lose any sleep if the Librarian did kick the bucket however neither of them are particularly team-players anyway throw in Deadpool who puts the fun in fundamentally unstable is going to make them very very hard to predict. Simply because they don't get along doesn't mean they'll turn on each other for the purposes of the scenario. In fact it makes them more dangerous as the other team will have a very hard time of getting any sort of idea about what their next move is.

@sherlock said:

I would say for sure that kirito has better reaction feats than Librarian does.Ill see if i can find the excerpt from the novel

"At the instant of that small sound's echo, her right index finger pulled the trigger.

In the next few seconds, the phenomenon that occurred would be engraved into Sinon's accelerated consciousness with fresh color.

From the Hecate's large muzzle break came orange flames.

On the other side, the blue white lightning cut through the dusk darkness.

Shining like shooting stars, two small lights split to the left and right, flying far away.

Pushed by the anti-materiel rifle's huge recoil, while falling backwards, Sinon belatedly realized the meaning of the scene that she saw.

It was cut apart.

At the moment the bullet fell to the ground, Kirito's lightsaber slashed upwards, and cut the 50-caliber bullet that was supposed to be a fatal hit. The two shooting stars that Sinon saw, were fragments of the bullet that were cut by the high concentration energy blade, and flew past either side of Kirito behind him."

This is from 10 meters away and its usually common to say that deflecting tops dodging and slicing tops deflecting.Again this was a bullet from an anti material rifle. The shots from those things break the sound barrier.I doubt either Librarian or Luthor can boast of being that fast.

I may be wrong but I don't see where it says an indicative of distance. Where did you get the ten meters from? A 0.50cal bullet is pretty damn big and normally fired from stationary potions. Of course I could be wrong in this instance but do you have any evidence as to the distance?

While this is a good feat and undoubtedly makes Kirito pretty damn fast even if it was 10meters I don't see how that is a better reaction feat than the Librarian dodging a bullet after letting it get within a very small distance of him. Deflecting only tops dodging if its on equal terms. For example if you shot at from 10meters and you manage to deflect the bullet how does that make it more impressive than dodging one at lets say half that distance and standing there watching the bullet come at you before non-nonchalantly moving out of the way?

@sherlock said:

If you skip to 14:00 it shows Asunas combat speed as well as somewhat giving you an idea of her overall movement speed.It also shows how far Kirito will go to protect her.Dude just lost his hand.

The healing abilities that your team possess are a huge leg up to be sure,but that being said healing from losing limbs is going to take a while.With Kiritos normal berserk attack behavior anyone he comes across is going to take a lot of damage and its going to happen very quickly.Asuna is faster than he is her strikes are going to be near impossible to dodge or deflect at her speeds.Even if she cant rack up damage as fast as Kirito, your team is going to feel them.

She is fast but in that fight she did not land one fatal blow just scratches and flesh wounds. That sort of thing won't even phase Luther, the Librarian or Deadpool:

Not to mention their pre-cognition is going to make them very hard to tag. Without a decap none of my team is going easily.

@sherlock said:
Link is a special case and has an indestructable shield that he uses very effectively.No one on your team is going to get through the shield and his combat prowess is more than sufficient to wait for opening to attack,not to mention his arsenal of gear and ranged magical bolts.

I'm pretty sure there was a rule on durability for this tourney and I think and indestructible shield breaks it lol.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, since Esquire has opened voting and your thread was the first he linked, I'll toss my 2 cents in here:

I'm voting Sherlock in a close one. I think the main issue of flight + slashing weapons combined with equal combat speed vs unarmed guys gave him a huge leg up. I also felt Link and Deadpool were kind of under represented. A big problem for me is that every scan Strider showed seemed to have two of his own characters trying to kill each other and Sherlock pointed this out -- the "Well they're not team players" bit probably tipped it for me in Sherlock's favor. Bad blood and communication between closely matched teams is a big factor, from my view. Good debate.

If I could give a bit of advice, Sherlock, I believe the passage you quoted about the bullet slicing feat, but you might want to find a picture of it somewhere to further back it up.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By laflux

@strider92: Just a quick question. Are you ready to vote, or do you want to put some more

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Yeah unfortunately both of us either forgot (me) or didn't have time for the debate. Deadpool and Link definitely could have used some representation. This debate was only brought to my attention yesterday :(

@laflux: Well if Esquire and Sherlock agree i'd like to keep going as neither of us had much of an opportunity to get started.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laflux

@esquire: Oh great esquire is it okay if these two great combatants have a couple more days to bring forth an offering more befitting of your tourney? I have seen both in action before, and this performance is not their best showing due to lack of time. Will you stay your hand?

@strider92 hows that?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@esquire: Oh great esquire is it okay if these two great combatants have a couple more days to bring forth an offering more befitting of your tourney? I have seen both in action before, and this performance is not their best showing due to lack of time. Will you stay your hand?

@strider92 hows that?

Very well, my wrath is appeased. I'll give you guys a couple more days. There was another match that had, approximately no posts, so I'll give you both a couple days. But this had better be worth it. >:(

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By laflux
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Much appreciated my friend

@dredeuced:I agree that a picture would be nice.Alas that feat is related only to the light novels.Theres wasnt a picture in that portion.I can give you the ling to the page though on the site i read it on.

True Luther probably wouldn't lose any sleep if the Librarian did kick the bucket however neither of them are particularly team-players anyway throw in Deadpool who puts the fun in fundamentally unstable is going to make them very very hard to predict. Simply because they don't get along doesn't mean they'll turn on each other for the purposes of the scenario. In fact it makes them more dangerous as the other team will have a very hard time of getting any sort of idea about what their next move is.

Well that would give my team an advantage overall.Asuna and Kiritos tag team Dynamic is goign to be of much more use than three guys just doing their own thing.

I may be wrong but I don't see where it says an indicative of distance. Where did you get the ten meters from? A 0.50cal bullet is pretty damn big and normally fired from stationary potions. Of course I could be wrong in this instance but do you have any evidence as to the distance?

Yes i do.This is for Dredueced as well

("Then, let's go with a duel style. Let's see... 10 meters away. You use your rifle, and I use my sword. I'll throw the bullet. When it hits the ground, we start the match. How about that?"

Surprised, or more like Sinon was stunned. Without noticing that her earlier anger had thinned, she moved her mouth.

"Look here... do you think that would even be a match? With just 10 meters apart, this Hecate's bullet will definitely hit. With my skill proficiency and stats supplement, combined with its stats, it's a sure hit distance in the system. You won't even have a chance to move your lightsaber. The result is no different from your suicide.")

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online:Volume_5_Chapter_7

Link to the page

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

And a link to the full novel

If anyone wants to clarify my story feel free to

While this is a good feat and undoubtedly makes Kirito pretty damn fast even if it was 10meters I don't see how that is a better reaction feat than the Librarian dodging a bullet after letting it get within a very small distance of him. Deflecting only tops dodging if its on equal terms. For example if you shot at from 10meters and you manage to deflect the bullet how does that make it more impressive than dodging one at lets say half that distance and standing there watching the bullet come at you before non-nonchalantly moving out of the way?

The bullet fired at Librarian was from a hand gun.

No Caption Provided

All the way on the left is the size of the bullet from the rifle.The next one is the size of a magnum shot.The speed at which the AM shot is going to travel especially at close range is substantially higher just because of the caliber.

The reason why Deflecting>Dodging is simple.Consider a baseball.If someone threw a baseball at you would it be easier to move out of the way or parry it?Obviously to parry it would be more difficult.

She is fast but in that fight she did not land one fatal blow just scratches and flesh wounds. That sort of thing won't even phase Luther, the Librarian or Deadpool:

Not to mention their pre-cognition is going to make them very hard to tag. Without a decap none of my team is going easily.

On Asuna the game they are trapped in is based on damage counters.A fatal hit wont do much more damage than a normal one making fatal blows useless in the scene.

Precog is a great thing to have but only if you really use it.Everyone on my team has swords to use to dismember the opposition.Luthor and Librarian in the feats you posted take a crap ton of damage despite the precog.Thats just blunt force.What happens if Link takes an arm off?Or Kirito simply goes berserk like he did in the first video i posted?If they arent making a constant effort to avoid the hits they are going to start losing body parts that they will likely wish they hadnt.This becomes easier when you recall that Kirito can fly.

myrmidonhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm giving this one to @sherlock. It's a close fight. The team-work factor plays a huge role here though. I understand the whole "randomness of my team" logic, but those characters can usually be singled out and taken down methodically one after another. I get healing factors (one side has healing factors, the other has healing spells). Spells take time to fire off, factors take time to work. If Luther, Librarian or Deadpool go down, that's out by KO regardless of whether or not they can heal after being knocked out (or killed). On another note, you both didn't even address your third characters more than a simple blurb in any post.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@sherlock said:

Yes i do.This is for Dredueced as well

("Then, let's go with a duel style. Let's see... 10 meters away. You use your rifle, and I use my sword. I'll throw the bullet. When it hits the ground, we start the match. How about that?"

Surprised, or more like Sinon was stunned. Without noticing that her earlier anger had thinned, she moved her mouth.

"Look here... do you think that would even be a match? With just 10 meters apart, this Hecate's bullet will definitely hit. With my skill proficiency and stats supplement, combined with its stats, it's a sure hit distance in the system. You won't even have a chance to move your lightsaber. The result is no different from your suicide.")

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online:Volume_5_Chapter_7

Link to the page

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

Thanks for the context.
@sherlock said:

The bullet fired at Librarian was from a hand gun.

No Caption Provided

All the way on the left is the size of the bullet from the rifle.The next one is the size of a magnum shot.The speed at which the AM shot is going to travel especially at close range is substantially higher just because of the caliber.

The reason why Deflecting>Dodging is simple.Consider a baseball.If someone threw a baseball at you would it be easier to move out of the way or parry it?Obviously to parry it would be more difficult.

True but that bullet is as you have just shown is FAR larger. So to take your own metaphor lol: Whats harder? To deflect a baseball thrown or dodge a marble by letting it get within a few inches of you before dodging.

the fact the bullet is so much smaller means that you have to react far faster because your body is so much bigger then the bullet there is far more area for it to hit. A bigger object is easier to track and avoid or deflect.

Even thought that is a good reaction feat dodging or deflecting this sort of barrage:

No Caption Provided

While the cover is good what is most impressive here is the accuracy. Nearly every bullet hits its mark despite the amount he's firing. Due to the fact that the Librarian and Luther are both great healers Deadpool most likely won't hesitate to pull the trigger while they are engaged in combat? Meaning that your team will not only have to deal with fighting the team but also avoiding getting hit as it won't matter to anyone of my team if a stray bullet hits them in the gut.

While your team is fast Luther is no stranger to fighting fast skilled opponents:

No Caption Provided

Jack The Ripper was running rings around Luther despite the fact Luther regularly dodges bullets easily. Not to mention he was employing the same sort of tactic your team seems to favor (ie: fast glancing strikes) and it didn't seems to slow Luther down at all. In-fact when Jack came at him again this happened:

No Caption Provided

You can even see how fast Jack was moving by the dust kicked up. My point is here that Kirito and Asuna don't really bring anything new to the table. Fast opponents who favor quick bladed strikes are nothing new to Luther, the Librarian or even Deadpool. Not to mention if Luther did get his hands on one of them in a close quarter situation and replicated what he did here it would no doubt deal a lot of damage.

@sherlock said:

On Asuna the game they are trapped in is based on damage counters.A fatal hit wont do much more damage than a normal one making fatal blows useless in the scene.

Precog is a great thing to have but only if you really use it. Everyone on my team has swords to use to dismember the opposition.Luthor and Librarian in the feats you posted take a crap ton of damage despite the precog. Thats just blunt force.What happens if Link takes an arm off? Or Kirito simply goes berserk like he did in the first video i posted? If they arent making a constant effort to avoid the hits they are going to start losing body parts that they will likely wish they hadnt.This becomes easier when you recall that Kirito can fly.

So that means all of their enemies would also only be hitting to wound as it gives you a better score? What experience to either of them have with an enemy who is not trying to draw out a fight but end it in the most brutal way possible? If the game really does work like that it can't happen a lot.

Kirito's flying again doesn't really help here. He seems to favor close combat so why would he put himself in a position where he was at a disadvantage especially if Deadpool begins spamming bullets. All it does is put him at a disadvantage.

While Deadpool is not the fastest guy on the block he is far from a bad fighter we've seen him use his enemies abilities weakness's against them for example:

No Caption Provided

Going for weak spots is something that Deadpool is quite capable of doing despicably against someone like Asuna who you said is nowhere near as bloodthirsty as Kirito. She would have to be prepared to deal some serious damage to get Deadpool of the map. Even with adamantium claws though his head Deadpool has maintained casual conversation:

No Caption Provided

and given what i've seen of her fighting style and what you've said about her morals Deadpool would most likely have an advantage in this fight by not hesitating to go for lethal-force and being able to take nearly everything she can dish out because due to he game she is used to not fighting people who favor this form of combat and her morals.

While he isn't the fastest guy on the block he is still fast enough to give the opposing team a fight:

No Caption Provided

His knowledge of martial arts have also allowed him to pull a fast one on people who are far out of his league:

No Caption Provided

Moonstone is a high-level tonner (Ms. Marvel villain) and while he didn't win the fight (c'mon he wasn't never gonna win a fight against someone who gives Ms. Marvel a hard time) he still managed to pull her into a wrist lock by using skill and her own strength against her.

My main train of thought here is that due to their healing factors my team can put themselves in situations that your team can't allowing them to take shots at the opposing team that they probably wouldn't be expecting.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True but that bullet is as you have just shown is FAR larger. So to take your own metaphor lol: Whats harder? To deflect a baseball thrown or dodge a marble by letting it get within a few inches of you before dodging.

the fact the bullet is so much smaller means that you have to react far faster because your body is so much bigger then the bullet there is far more area for it to hit. A bigger object is easier to track and avoid or deflect.

Even thought that is a good reaction feat dodging or deflecting this sort of barrage:

If the marble is going to the same speed as the baseball then yes its still substantially easier to dodge.All it takes is moving out of the way.not something that we as humans have much trouble doing.

Bullet size on the other hand isnt going to make much difference.The AM shot is 2 maybe 2.5 times larger than the magnum.The AM bullet is also going to break the sound barrier.I doubt highly that if it was cannon ball sized that its going to make it much easier to dodge.

No Caption Provided

While the cover is good what is most impressive here is the accuracy. Nearly every bullet hits its mark despite the amount he's firing. Due to the fact that the Librarian and Luther are both great healers Deadpool most likely won't hesitate to pull the trigger while they are engaged in combat? Meaning that your team will not only have to deal with fighting the team but also avoiding getting hit as it won't matter to anyone of my team if a stray bullet hits them in the gut.

For starters most of those guys are pretty stationary.Both Kirito and Asuna can move at ridiculous speeds.Making a shot like that is a much different thing than hitting more or less stationary targets.Link may not be able to move as fast but he does however have a shield and can block more or less everything fired until he gets in closer.This is also assuming that Deadpool has nothing better to do with his time than fire at the ongoing battles of other people.Being a three on three i doubt this will be the case

While your team is fast Luther is no stranger to fighting fast skilled opponents:
No Caption Provided

Jack The Ripper was running rings around Luther despite the fact Luther regularly dodges bullets easily. Not to mention he was employing the same sort of tactic your team seems to favor (ie: fast glancing strikes) and it didn't seems to slow Luther down at all. In-fact when Jack came at him again this happened:

No Caption Provided

You can even see how fast Jack was moving by the dust kicked up. My point is here that Kirito and Asuna don't really bring anything new to the table. Fast opponents who favor quick bladed strikes are nothing new to Luther, the Librarian or even Deadpool. Not to mention if Luther did get his hands on one of them in a close quarter situation and replicated what he did here it would no doubt deal a lot of damage.

I dont see how this proves your point.Jack is more or less making mincemeat out of Luther in that scan.The main difference i can see going down is the overall length of his blades vs Kiritos.Kirito has 2 full length swords.Jack has short knives.When it comes to things like that the sword will often cut a lot deeper to the point of taking off limbs or perhaps a head and just simply cutting the opponent in half.Any of those are going to be are ridiculously bad thing for anyone on your team and it seems like Luther likes nothing better than to soak up damage.In this case that is going to get him killed.

So that means all of their enemies would also only be hitting to wound as it gives you a better score? What experience to either of them have with an enemy who is not trying to draw out a fight but end it in the most brutal way possible? If the game really does work like that it can't happen a lot.

You misunderstand me.Thats just why she goes about it in that way in the video.That by no means she cant mortally wound a normal person faster.The game they are in are simply based on damage counters hence why the dude she was cutting up wasnt instantly killed

Kirito's flying again doesn't really help here. He seems to favor close combat so why would he put himself in a position where he was at a disadvantage especially if Deadpool begins spamming bullets. All it does is put him at a disadvantage.

It will however make him the most mobile person here as well as having the ability to avoid attacks by taking to the air and being able to simply knock people off the bridge.If deadpool want to waste bullets on a flying target then he can by all means do so.Its not going to help him any

While Deadpool is not the fastest guy on the block he is far from a bad fighter we've seen him use his enemies abilities weakness's against them for example:

No Caption Provided

Going for weak spots is something that Deadpool is quite capable of doing despicably against someone like Asuna who you said is nowhere near as bloodthirsty as Kirito. She would have to be prepared to deal some serious damage to get Deadpool of the map. Even with adamantium claws though his head Deadpool has maintained casual conversation:

No Caption Provided

and given what i've seen of her fighting style and what you've said about her morals Deadpool would most likely have an advantage in this fight by not hesitating to go for lethal-force and being able to take nearly everything she can dish out because due to he game she is used to not fighting people who favor this form of combat and her morals.

While he isn't the fastest guy on the block he is still fast enough to give the opposing team a fight:

No Caption Provided

His knowledge of martial arts have also allowed him to pull a fast one on people who are far out of his league:

No Caption Provided

Moonstone is a high-level tonner (Ms. Marvel villain) and while he didn't win the fight (c'mon he wasn't never gonna win a fight against someone who gives Ms. Marvel a hard time) he still managed to pull her into a wrist lock by using skill and her own strength against her.

My main train of thought here is that due to their healing factors my team can put themselves in situations that your team can't allowing them to take shots at the opposing team that they probably wouldn't be expecting.

If i recall corerctly the sabretooth fight was one sided due to the fact that he got the jump on him and basically spammed him with everything he had before Creed even knew he was there.Not really going for a weak point more of a cheap shot.

Im aware of how durable Deadpool is but the fact remains hes been put down on multiple occasions.The Cat for instance got him with one sword stroke.In terms of a fight with Asuna i tend to think the speed margin will be his undoing and it will end up like his "Fight" with Daken where he was outmatched from the getgo

Also Deadpool can either fight someone or spam bullets at the others.he cant do both

As of right now i dont think anyone on your team has an answer to Kirtio who will likely dice them up in a matter of 45 seconds especially Luther and Librarian since they seem to like nothing more than getting hit over and over.

Asuna may have the most morals of the bunch but she is also likely the fastest one here which will make her hell to pin down for anyone,Even if she cant permanently put them down she can hurt them and keep them busy for as long as she has need to

Link has an unbreakable shield (And esquire said that was fine since it doesnt cover his whole body) that he uses very effectively.Sword and shield technique is largely thought of as the most proficient sword fighting technique ever established.Link is easily the most skilled person here and can block anything and everything your team can throw at him till he gets an opening

I simply dont see how berserk damage soaking will win in this one

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally have nothing to add to my previous post since strider hasn't made a rebuttal.So bump at this point

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning to the Damage Soaking team of Strider by a small Margin.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Floopay

Wow, tough call. I'm going with Sherlock, but only by a very very small amount.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CalebHara

Great job on both sides, i thought that Strider edged it.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for more votes damnit!

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll vote for Sherlock, I was waiting for an ending comment from Strider before I decided but I suppose it's too late for that.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt that Strider92 could have made a better argument. I know he was stretched for time, but it seems he was witholding some feats from Luther Strode. With that said, I'll go with Sherlock. It was a good debate though.