Superpowers Round 2: Sherlock vs Floopay (Voting)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esquire
No Caption Provided

@sherlock Team Swordsman

• Kirito (Black cost dual swords, throwing darts, Holy Sword Excalibur)
  • Asuna (Her rapier and blood oath light armor)
  • Link (All his gear from skyward sword, mirror shield)

@floopay

Abyssal Terrors

• The Creeper (DC)
  • Hellboy (Dark Horse)
  • Jeggred Baenre (War of the Spider Queen)

Rules:

• In character
  • Win by Death, KO, BFR, or Incapacitation
  • Team Chemistry does come into play
  • No Prep
  • All DC Characters are Pre-52, but Post-52 Feats can be used in most cases
  • All Marvel Characters are Current unless otherwise specified
  • Standard Gear unless otherwise specified
  • Location is unpopulated (Except by mannequins)
  • Factory is a one-story square 0.3 miles by 0.3 miles.
  • Contestants start at opposite ends.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for starters my knowledge on Jeggred is limited to the point of who the ruddy Duce even is that????

A basic strategy....Well there really isn't one to go with this.My team is made up of fighters pure and simple.Since I don't have the array of complex powers at my disposal that I usually have I don't have much more a strategy than "Enough Talk Lets Fight!"

Just by looking I'm pretty confident that my team has the overall skill edge by a generous margin.Hellboy and creeper both have my team in physical power but I tend to think Asuna and Kirito take speed over creeper.The only real problem I foresee in him is that cursed laugh.The downside to that is that he rarely used in when in character and never that iv seen against anyone note worthy.Even with that Kirito has a ridiculously high pain threshold and massive will power.That shouldn't be a problem for him

On Hellboy I would say that Link has his number here.His primary sword shield fighting tactic is ideal for hulking bruisers like Hellboy.All Link need do is wait for strike opportunities and put him down little by little.He is certainly no stranger to fighting giant and string monsters and has a good degree of strength himself

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

@sherlock: This'll be interesting. I see two anti-evil/demon swordsmen on your team... I'm gonna play this one by ear. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire said:

@sherlock: @floopay: Seriously guys this is disappointing.

Putting a few comments up soon. I haven't even been on since Wednesday night, so I've been a bit behind.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Floopay

@sherlock said:

Well for starters my knowledge on Jeggred is limited to the point of who the ruddy Duce even is that????

A basic strategy....Well there really isn't one to go with this.My team is made up of fighters pure and simple.Since I don't have the array of complex powers at my disposal that I usually have I don't have much more a strategy than "Enough Talk Lets Fight!"

Just by looking I'm pretty confident that my team has the overall skill edge by a generous margin.Hellboy and creeper both have my team in physical power but I tend to think Asuna and Kirito take speed over creeper.The only real problem I foresee in him is that cursed laugh.The downside to that is that he rarely used in when in character and never that iv seen against anyone note worthy.Even with that Kirito has a ridiculously high pain threshold and massive will power.That shouldn't be a problem for him

On Hellboy I would say that Link has his number here.His primary sword shield fighting tactic is ideal for hulking bruisers like Hellboy.All Link need do is wait for strike opportunities and put him down little by little.He is certainly no stranger to fighting giant and string monsters and has a good degree of strength himself

The Creeper (DC Comics)

The Creeper

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - The Creeper has extremely advanced levels of strength, allowing him to send people flying several meters back with a punch, and much more.

Superhuman Durability - The Creeper has an extraordinarily high level of durability, allowing him to resist small caliber bullets entirely, and withstand high caliber attacks with minimal harm. He is also immune to the effects of fire, and extremely resistant to concussive force.

Regenerative Healing Factor - Much like Deadpool, the Creeper has an incredible healing factor that allows him to heal back from the point of death, and heal from fatal wounds in minimal time.

Superhuman Speed/Reflexes - The Creeper has reflexes at, or even above bullet time reflexes. He has fought with extreme hypersonic speedsters and held his own before, as well as has a decent level of speed himself. Though he is not in the hypersonic range, but he is super human in that aspect.

Acrobat - The Creeper has a very acrobatic fighting style.

Agonizing Laugh - The Creeper's laugh causes extreme paralyzing pain in humans / near humans.

Accomplished Hand to Hand Fighter - The Creeper is, as stated, an accomplished hand to hand fighter. Capable of taking down the likes of the Joker, handling Flash Rogues, and taking on all sorts of superhumans without succumbing to injury or any real harm/threat.

Tactical Fighter, Team Player - Despite being demonic in nature, he's actually quite the team player. Often saving comrades, and fighting with his allies rather than doing his own thing. This wasn't really elaborated on much until the Outsiders series.

Claws - The Creeper possess claws, capable of rending through steel and extremely durable opponents in a single slash.

Hellboy (Darkhorse Comics)

Hellboy (Pre-Hell, because I haven't read that far)

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - Hellboy is superhumanly strong, capable of smashing cars with a punch, and tangling with giants on equal levels, as well as ripping entire trees from the ground. His "Right Hand of Doom" is several times stronger than his left hand. He is, however, superhumanly strong throughout his body. Allowing him to leap vast distances.

Superhuman Durability - Hellboy has incredible durability, allowing only minor injuries from high caliber weapons, and allowing him to resist slashing and piercing attacks. Over and above this, his right hand is completely indestructible, and can be used as a shield. He's also extremely resistant to electricity, and all but immune to the effects of fire.

Superhuman Speed/Reflexes - Hellboy can dodge bullets relatively easily, as well as move at rates above even the finest human athlete.

Superb Healing Factor - Hellboy can regenerate from gunshot wounds in little to no time, as well as from fatal injuries in only a few minutes. He cannot regenerate past death, however.

Expert Marksman - Hellboy is an above average marksman. Capable of hitting superhumanly fast/agile opponents pretty easily. Though he is not a crack shot, he is by no means an inferior marksman.

Accomplished Swordsman - Hellboy is well trained in the arts of the broadsword, though it only comes up a few times in throughout the series.

Expert hand to hand fighter - As stated, Hellboy can contend with people who dwarf him in terms of speed, and agility (even though he is actually very fast himself) through sheer skill.

Expert Tactician - He's an expert at what he does, and at fighting. He operates within a team, and though sometimes can be hard headed, he always puts his team first.

Jeggred Baenre (War of the Spider Queen)

Jeggred Baenre (With all his limbs, and alive)

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - Jeggred can rip the limbs off of other demons (who can stand against the slash of a sword stronger than steel without sustaining injury) without much difficulty. He can easily support the weight of two or more full grown beings in full armor and weapons without strain. He can leap great distances as well.

Superhuman Durability - Jeggred's body can withstand attacks from regular steel swords in the hands of a trained fighter without sustaining injury. His hide deflects regular arrows off of it without harm, and he can hold against the strikes of multiple ogre sized creatures without being overly hurt. He is completely immune to the effects of heat, electricity, cold, and acid. He's also extremely resistant to almost any form of poison. Even in the event of losing an arm, hand, or receiving multiple stab wounds, Jeggred can continue to fight as if he wasn't injured.

Superhuman Speed - Jeggred's attacks are considered to be blinding in speed, and he has little issue surpassing humans and drow (who are faster and more skilled than most humans) in terms of speed.

Regeneration - Jeggred can recover from wounds that would normally take humans weeks to recover from in a matter of hours or at most a few days. He cannot regenerate lost limbs.

Ultravision - Jeggred can see just as easily in complete darkness as he can in complete daylight.

Spell-like abilities:

• Dancing Lights - Once per day, Jeggred can create a small display of lights to dance around in a select location.
  • Faerie Fire - Once per day, Jeggred can illuminate an opponent in bright blue fire. This does not burn the person who it envelopes, nor does it hinder them. However, the flames cannot be extinguished without an effect that removes magic, and they cannot be made dark or invisible. Essentially making it impossible for the target to hide.
  • Unholy Blight - Once per day, Jeggred can cause sickness upon striking an opponent. Causing nausea and vomiting.
  • Darkness - Jeggred can blanket a 20 foot radius area in complete shadowy darkness four times per day.

Expert Hand to Hand Fighter - Jeggred can contend with hordes and waves of fighters, demons, and half-demons relatively well. As well as armies of giant spiders. He can fight, and overpower people with over a century of training and experience, who are usually armed as well.

Jeggred:

Jeggred is brutal, and he goes for the kill, and moves at blinding speeds.

Jeggred Destroys Ogres:

He attacks this ogre so fast it doesn't even react, it just dies. In fact, it's still standing upright before it even realizes it's dead...

Climbs a giant spider-demon and hacks away at it's body:

As the description says, this thing is more durable than stone, and it's the size of a two story house or better. Jeggred sinks his claws into this thing and climbs up it in no time, and then starts clawing away bits of flesh. He also tanks a lightning bolt, and it does nothing to him (as he's incredibly resistant to the point where he might as well be immune)

Image 1: Levitation, Tanks Crossbow Bolt

He grabs a human sized person (drow), and carries them off on his shoulder by levitating away (something he can do via an item of his). He can tank a magical crossbow bolt to the shoulder without any injury.

Image 2: Kill Wight

This particular wight (which is an undead creature, they are very very dangerous. These particular ones are Duergar, whose bones and skulls especially, are much more durable than those of a human. Jeggred easily throws one of these creatures away with one claw, sending it flying into a wall with incredible force. The other one he grabs with one hand and rips it's head off.

Image 3: Kills Rat Demon (They are smaller than humans, but are still demons and are much more durable and powerful than a normal human).

It's revealed that Jeggred's claws are six inches long in this scan. With one strike he eviscerates it. Afterwards he grabs it's head and pulls it's head off.

Image 4: Slaughters a poor bugbear:

He restrains this thing with his smaller, weaker arms. So that it can't draw it's weapons. Then he grabs it's face with his claws and rips the entire front of it's head off, sending brain matter across the room. Bugbears are much stronger than a normal person, and have a thick hide, and are much more durable.

Hellboy:

Hellboy vs Frog Demon

Good showing of marksmanship.This thing is incredibly strong, it actually throws Hellboy pretty far at one point. It's also very fast, and agile. Essentially, it's proportionally as strong/fast/agile as a frog would be at it's height, weight, and strength. He easily overpowers it, and hits it from a pretty fair distance away in a single shot with his hand cannon.

Hellboy vs Wolf Demon

Good showing of strength, speed, and marksmanship again.

This thing matches him in strength. It's also pretty fast, and as you can see very durable. At one point, Hellboy breaks the head off a statue and whips it at this thing at incredible speeds. You can even see the comment "Hellboy, with a pitching arm like that, why even carry a gun?".

The Creeper

The Creeper vs. Hermes

Hermes is a DC Speedster, and he's no joke. Creeper is able to tag him and take blows from him.

Dodges a Black Lantern Laser Beam

No Caption Provided

Overall:

Skill is not something my team is exactly lacking in. Hellboy is actually extremely skilled, and he has that hand canon of his.

Jeggred has gone up against fighters with centuries of training and experience behind their belt and come up on top. He may be dumb, and permanently bloodlusted, but he's also got centuries of training and experience under his belt himself.

The Creeper, well, he's got extreme reflexes, the laugh, extreme regeneration, and is also very well skilled.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: I'll give you 'til the end of the day to post, then I'm opening this for voting.

@floopay If you want to post anything else, same applies. Open for voting tonight.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire said:

@sherlock: I'll give you 'til the end of the day to post, then I'm opening this for voting.

@floopay If you want to post anything else, same applies. Open for voting tonight.

If Sherlock doesn't post, then I would like to give him the win to be honest.

If you read through, he didn't even know about one of my characters, and it took me the better part of a week to even get my response to him. Realistically it's not his fault I was busy (and admittedly, forgot after the first couple of days) and he shouldn't lose because of it. Just my two cents.

Though I suppose he could have at least given an outline of his characters while he was waiting.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have every intention of posting no worries on that.Ill get on that later tonight

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: All i needed was Jeggred i well versed on Hellboy and fairly so on Creeper

First Links Skill set

Loading Video...

Fighting an army of Bokoblins by himself.Cannon fodder at its best to be sure but Link has no super human enhancements here and is taking on something in the upper hundreds lower thousands.No matter how you want to slice that up taking on that many people when one good sword stroke will end you is a massive skill feat.

Vs Koloctos

Loading Video...

Giant metal contraption capable of shattering stone pillars like they are nothing.Another note worthy thing is the after imaging on koloctos' sword swing.Large and fast mofo.

Finally you have Link picking up the giant sword.This is again with no gear enhancements.Its all physical power here.Dude is very strong for his size

Another thing worth noting is his choice weapons.The Hylian shield is indestructible so he can take anything thrown at him by anyone here easily.The Master sword is also unbreakable and has a special ability of being super effective against evil.In this case that would be Hellboy.You can make the argument that hes a good guy but he is supposed to destroy the world and has evil biology.The master sword is going to hurt him like a bitch.

Kirito and Asuna are both from the light novel/anime Sword art Online.It takes place in a virtual world, a video game basically.Both are increadibly fast with Asuna being the faster of the two.Since they know each other their teamwork is above normal from the getgo.The series however makes use of teamwork quite a lot primarily in the form of one person creating an opening and another taking advantage of said opening.

Loading Video...

As you can see here both are incredibly fast and strong.Kirito is the dude in black and Asuna is my avvie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4kSKQ0ts3I

I dont want to clutter this too much so im going with links from here on out.This shows Kiritos flight capabilities and more of his skill in swordsmanship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_KOpxUF7Y

This is a demo of his pain tolerence.He has a sword right through him with the pain meters in game being upped to extreme levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35ukk8S_Zs

As this one shows Kirito is a relentless attacker.Even a healer like creeper is going to have trouble keeping up with that amount of damage if he keeps getting tagged.Chances are he can avoid some of the onslaught but with the kind of blinding speed Kirito has here the chances are good that hes going to get tagged and more importantly have a load of trouble finding an opening

Finally on Asuna.As stated multiple times in the series she is faster than Kirito to the point where she earned the named "Crimson Flash".She uses a rapier so it doesnt deal as much damage as a slicing weapon she can use it a lot faster than one.Shes capable of getting ten or twelve strokes in under a second making her hard to avoid.Add her foot speed and she is formidable enough to hold off anyone she comes in contact with them if she cant deal enough to put them down for good

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @sherlock: Because it's much more fun when a good debate happens, I'm willing to leave this open a few days if you want to debate a little more.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: Im down.My midterms are down as is my pizza competition so iv got time on my hands for now

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: @floopay Would have been nice to see more debate. I'm opening this for voting.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dredeuced

Sherlock's counterpoint was kind of short and I'm not convinced of what Link brings to the table relative to the other combatants, so I give my tentative vote to Floopay.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

Floopay

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sherlock

Bump because I don't want to lose to floopay when he didn't even debate

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire said:

@sherlock: @floopay Would have been nice to see more debate. I'm opening this for voting.

Honestly, I don't think I'd feel right moving to the next round. Maybe the information I provided was more than Sherlock's and proved my teams capabilities more. But the only reason that happened is because *I* postponed putting a response for way too long, and didn't give him the opportunity to show off his team's abilities or for him to construct a proper counter argument.

And I have to be honest, had I given him the opportunity, I'm pretty sure he would have hopped on it and the votes would be very different. I think the only fair thing to do would be to concede the win to @sherlock.

And no, I'm not doing this as a favor to Sherlock, or giving him it for free. I'm doing it because he was ready for a debate, and I was too busy and didn't have time to really construct an argument, and therefore he wasn't given the opportunity to make a valid counter argument.

He's the only one who provided both character feats, and a strategy. By default I shouldn't be allowed to take this, because though I provided character feats I failed to provide a strategy, or any sort of tactics really. I just stated my character feats and made no argument as to what they could do with them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I have a lot of respect for your integrity.

@sherlock Seems you're on to the next round.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I applaud you. Realistically, even if you had actually debated you would have easily taken this. While @sherlock did provide a strategy, his characters weren't even close to close to in your character's league.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your a good dude floopay:)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I applaud you. Realistically, even if you had actually debated you would have easily taken this. While @sherlock did provide a strategy, his characters weren't even close to close to in your character's league.

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean my characters had the physical advantage, and most of them could compete in terms of skill.

But his team was still very skilled and there's one key thing....Holy weapons and anti-evil weapons. I mean, I have 3 demons, 2 are good guys, but one of them is pretty much as evil as you can get. I think that more than makes up for the small gap of physicals and the pretty much on par levels of skill.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay