Superman(Smallville TV Version) vs. Thor(Movie version)

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vaeternus

So this match has a few exceptions as you'll see within the rules.

Versions: Smallville Clark Kent/Superman vs. Thor(from the movies)

For one, TWO separate fights:

Rules:

1st Fight:

-Anything goes

-Bloodlusted, Morals off

-Superman is experienced and level of Season 11 comic currently(past feats and current apply)

-Thor has his hammer and from movies

-Fight is until death, who wins?

2nd Fight:

- Morals are on

-Superman had been exposed to some green kryptonite going into the fight but recovering

-Thor doesn't have his hammer here

-Fight is won by submission or just K.O.

Who wins?

Superman(Smallville Version)

No Caption Provided

Vs.

Thor(Movie Versions)

No Caption Provided

Battle Takes Place in New York Central Park, who wins?

No Caption Provided
Axis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Axis

Hmm... Interesting, I think Thor can win Round 1, because if Clark is at his Season 11 state then he's only been Superman for about 6 months, but it'd be a tough match - Round 2 Thor loses. Usually when Clark comes out of being exposed to Green Kryptonite, he's pretty much back in his kicking ass mode and even though Thor could get some hits here and there, Clark would be too fast for him.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Clark both rounds

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shawnbaby

I don't think Clark has the Durability he would need here.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eisjfiejss

Smallville Clark annihilates, easily.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Xanni15

Thor both rounds, Clark can't take some of his hits and I don't see him being able to put Thor down (and Thor certainly will never give up).

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Clark wins, easily too. Far stronger, faster and tougher. He also has a ton more feats.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By terry2012

First fight Clark wins. Second fight Thor wins.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SirMethos

Clark wins both rounds, easily.

Movie Thor is considerably weaker than his comics counter-part, while Clark, that late in the series, is pretty close to comics levels.

Clark is way too fast for Thor, and easily strong enough to, combined with his speed, take Thor out.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sovereign91001

Clark takes both easy.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emperorb777

Clark easily both rounds

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

The one who's accurate with the comic counterpart... Oh wait! Both of them aren't. Nyahahaha!

I'm picking Clark, though.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingkronos

Clark curbstomps. Moving a planet + near Light speed= win

Being exposed to kryptonite is pretty much irrelevant, since Clark recovers in seconds very quickly.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jackofspades

Thor wins both he is to strong and in the movies hulk could not put him down

Avatar image for sundipped_superman
Sundipped_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark's faster, stronger. Superman wins here

SS

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By theTimeStreamer

thor stomps

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buttersdaman000

Clark annihilates Thor in both rounds

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By justleader

clark wins both rounds pretty easily

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mypasswordis1234

Clark could beat the whole avenger team at once... He is very fast, and strong enough.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rpottage

Clark Murderstomps both rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OtwSVeU2w8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88qCnkXA7YQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF5MeM6yguo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_m9b-U5LI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AsdQ7diPPQ&feature=related

He's far faster, far stronger, can overcome magic, he's immune/resistant to telepathy (Ryan), can destroy towers in seconds with his heath vision; and has fought the heavy wieghts (Titan, Brainiac, Bizarro, Doomsday, Zod, Darkseid, etc.) (He also recovers from kryptonite in a matter of seconds rather easily).

The Blur just completely wipes the floor with Thor. Heck, he'd probably wipe the floor with all the Avengers, Loki, and the entire army.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By isaac_clarke

The Blur was getting hurt by Tornadoes way back when and 'overcoming' magic that has consistently been able to mess Clark up seems unlikely. His best feats were in the lack 30 seconds of smallville and it consists of flying through a Darkseid Ghost and pushing a planet (while flying at visible speeds) that seems to be a giant hot air balloon.

I know people love to blow this iteration to epic proportions - but his durability isn't exactly stunning against nature or magic (which this Thor arguably doesn't have to begin with).

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@isaac_clarke: The OP allows for Clark's feats from the comic continuation of the series so it's not just limited to the television seasons.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By nickthedevil

I feel like Thor should win this.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By Pokeysteve

Clark takes both pretty easily. Too fast and too strong blah blah blah

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CountofMC

Movie Thor is awesome and a full powered lightning strike could probably mess Clark up but Clark is far too fast for that to ever happen. I have to say Clark wins both rounds, his stats are just too high.

Avatar image for requirespoptart
RequiresPoptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RequiresPoptart

Clark wins both rounds

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Deranged Midget said:

@isaac_clarke: The OP allows for Clark's feats from the comic continuation of the series so it's not just limited to the television seasons.

There's a smallville comic series now? Why... I don't even understand...

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Om4zd

@isaac_clarke: It's very good actually

Clark has to take this for me. And I'm not a big fan of either Superman or Thor.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Om4zd said:

@isaac_clarke: It's very good actually

Clark has to take this for me. And I'm not a big fan of either Superman or Thor.

Given it's roots in a show that ran several seasons too long I wouldn't know how.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vaeternus

Smallville Clark as Dr. Fate said will lead the "Silver Age" so that version is also based on the SA(just not QUITE that ridiculous) but as others said, more comic close

@isaac_clarke said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Yes, Season 11 in comic form ;) besides, his Season 10 feats pretty much surpass anything Thor has done if you think about it...moving an entire planet? Fighting Doomsday in Season 8? Pretty impressive.

P.S. as for why there's a season 11 Smallville comic, simple because Smallville is just that badass!

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Vaeternus said:

Smallville Clark as Dr. Fate said will lead the "Silver Age" so that version is also based on the SA(just not QUITE that ridiculous) but as others said, more comic close

@isaac_clarke said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Yes, Season 11 in comic form ;) besides, his Season 10 feats pretty much surpass anything Thor has done if you think about it...moving an entire planet? Fighting Doomsday in Season 8? Pretty impressive.

Call me when Clark starts pulling powers out of his rear; the guy couldn't fly till the last 30 seconds of the entire show. A reference to the Silver Age doesn't make him a Silver Age Superman, neither does pushing a planet that is seemingly a hot-air balloon that he can push incredible distances while flying at a very visible speed that EVERYONE can see to boot. So much for the blur.

Doomsday was a werewolf Fireman. Honestly he wasn't at all impressive outside sporting the name Doomsday. It's like saying Thor owned the Destroyer - an armor build to survive Ragnarok, fight the Celestials and what have you. However said armor was punked out effortless and did have some better feats than Doomsday had in my book from that series - but still it was highly unimpressive for the most part.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vaeternus

@Isacc_Clarke, I guess you kind of skipped over the part or ignored the part where I said "he's based off the SA Superman but NOT as ridiculous" implying he doesn't get new powers but is STILL closer to comic versions...So you're denying the fact that Smallville Clark has better feats then movie Thor? It's not my fault Thor showed bad showings lol compared to TV Superman dude, but then again Superman is overall more powerful. Reference confirms it, I've watched the show, own every season and never missed an episode. Trust me, it's based on the SA Superman...even Dr. Fate stated it. Also, I love how you're going based on strictly first 5 seasons or so where he blur's around, and ignoring season 7, 8, 9, 10 and comic season 11...lol

lol So you're denying the fact that Clark/Superman pushed an entire planet(of Apokolips) out of Earth's atmosphere being a feat? You're just sounding like you're defending Thor at any cost now. I mean, with all due respect you didn't even know there was a Season 11 Smallville comic so I really don't believe you've followed Smallville.

Doomsday was Doomsday, Clark buried in within the Earth(hinting at one day he'll rise again) I can tell you didn't watch the show consistently...

But forget the DD's fight, the planet feat surpasses anything Thor has shown or done in the movies by far...

Avatar image for kalthehokage_2007
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when has Thor of Movie-Earth pushed a planet away. (Don't anyone say PIS).

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Vaeternus said:

I guess you kind of skipped over the part or ignored the part where I said "he's based off the SA Superman but NOT as ridiculous" implying he doesn't get new powers but is STILL closer to comic versions...

No I pointed out any comparison between Smallville Clark and SA Superman is pure fan-wank nonsensical dribble. The characters in every sense aren't the same - Clark isn't spitting out powers and he isn't sporting ridiculous feats every other episode.

So you're denying the fact that Smallville Clark has better feats then movie Thor?

Awesome we finally get to the core of it - you making a thread where you already have the desired winner in your head just so you can argue with folks in your own thread. Lovely as per usual. No I'm not denying that - though brought up an excellent point - Doomsday, someone clearly much slower than Clark - whose weaker than the Hulk was depicted and was strong enough to have Clark bleeding after a few hits.

The main difference between here is the ridiculous distances these characters were launching one another - Doomsday knocked Clark through a building - Clark jumped really far into a factor that exploded and "probably" killed Doomsday.

It's not my fault Thor showed bad showings lol compared to TV Superman dude, but then again Superman is overall more powerful.

That's not what I said at all. But don't let me stop you from running off in your own direction as usual to troll.

Reference confirms it, I've watched the show, own every season and never missed an episode. Trust me, it's based on the SA Superman...even Dr. Fate stated it. Also, I love how you're going based on strictly first 5 seasons or so where he blur's around, and ignoring season 7, 8, 9, 10 and comic season 11...lol

Yeah it's totally based off SA - after all they're both Superman. Main differences would be how they act, their powers and the over-all range of actual power.

Great argument so far.

lol Do you're denying pushing an entire planet out of Earth's atmosphere is a feat? You're just sounding like a Thor fanboy now...

How dense is Apokolips? How heavy was it? How did Superman fly the damn thing that fast flying at speeds were EVERYONE could see him moving? It's either a lot smaller or it's quite literally a weightless object in orbit. I'd rather sound like a Thor fanboy than a troll that comes back after being banned for trolling. You quite literally made a thread were you're insisting how outclassed Thor is.

Doomsday was Doomsday, Clark buried in within the Earth(hinting at one day he'll rise again) I can tell you didn't watch the show consistently...

In name only - that doesn't make him at all that impressive.

But forget the DD's fight, the planet feat surpasses anything Thor has shown or done in the movies by far...

Thor smashed Jotunheim's area to hell in a single strike. Beats the hell out of any striking feat every shown in Smallville - otherwise you'd be spamming it up the wazoo, rather than another unimpressive fight from an overall not so good show. Based off that one showing he might knock Clark clear out.

Regardless I guess you're going for the last word as per usual to justify your awesome debating skills again (gotta make sure I don't see these posts r8?). Can't wait to see your nonsensical post that follows where Smallville is Silver Age Superman without the Silver Age powers or crazyness.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 80sBaby

Clark wins both scenarios very,very easily. Unlike his comic counterpart, Smallville Clark used his super speed every episode. Thor has no way of overcoming that.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rpottage

@isaac_clarke said:

The Blur was getting hurt by Tornadoes way back when and 'overcoming' magic that has consistently been able to mess Clark up seems unlikely. His best feats were in the lack 30 seconds of smallville and it consists of flying through a Darkseid Ghost and pushing a planet (while flying at visible speeds) that seems to be a giant hot air balloon.

I know people love to blow this iteration to epic proportions - but his durability isn't exactly stunning against nature or magic (which this Thor arguably doesn't have to begin with).

He wasn't getting hurt by Tornados, he was saving Lana from them (and that was season 1. I.E. the very beginning of his powers). He also destroys buildings with ease, and fought multiple heavy wieghts. In fact you should go look at my links in the post directly before yours. I actually show the clip where it demonstates he's able to overcome magic. (I.E. they stole his powers and were trying to use the stone; at which point the stone hurt them, bounced away, and gave his powers back.)@isaac_clarke said:

@Vaeternus said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Call me when Clark starts pulling powers out of his rear; the guy couldn't fly till the last 30 seconds of the entire show. A reference to the Silver Age doesn't make him a Silver Age Superman, neither does pushing a planet that is seemingly a hot-air balloon that he can push incredible distances while flying at a very visible speed that EVERYONE can see to boot. So much for the blur.

Doomsday was a werewolf Fireman. Honestly he wasn't at all impressive outside sporting the name Doomsday. It's like saying Thor owned the Destroyer - an armor build to survive Ragnarok, fight the Celestials and what have you. However said armor was punked out effortless and did have some better feats than Doomsday had in my book from that series - but still it was highly unimpressive for the most part.

You really didn't watch the show huh? He isn't Silver Age, but is based on Silver Age. As for pulling powers out, how about immune to telepathy (Ryan), having Telepathy (one of his trials), neutralizing kyptonite with his death then recovering, capable of changing the destiny of others, able to share in visions, able to restore lost Kryptonian powers with his blood, etc?

BTW, it's a planet that's larger than earth; saying it's a hot air balloon is idiotic.

And the part that proves you didn't watch the show is that you don't understand that he was supposed to fly at visible speeds. He needed to break Darkseid's control; he was the only being capable of doing so (hey, anouther power) by spuring hope in the masses. That means flying and pushing the planet away at speeds they can see so that, you know, they can see it.

Your book is irellevent. Doomsday caused massive damage, slaughtered people, came back from the dead while becoming immune to what killed him, etc. He was a rampaging machine, and they had to seal him underground because he couldn't simply die. The destoyer armor killed far less, did far less damage, Thor without his powers was able to take a few hits from it (as opposed to the humans that Doomsday simply tore through in an instant), and with his powers (which were not overly impressive), it was taking out in like two hits (one which was just a hammer throw); and that was it. It was damaged and stayed down.

Doomsday was stronger, faster, more durable, and had an insane healing factor.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaeternus

@rpottage said:

Clark Murderstomps both rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OtwSVeU2w8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88qCnkXA7YQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF5MeM6yguo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_m9b-U5LI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AsdQ7diPPQ&feature=related

He's far faster, far stronger, can overcome magic, he's immune/resistant to telepathy (Ryan), can destroy towers in seconds with his heath vision; and has fought the heavy wieghts (Titan, Brainiac, Bizarro, Doomsday, Zod, Darkseid, etc.) (He also recovers from kryptonite in a matter of seconds rather easily).

The Blur just completely wipes the floor with Thor. Heck, he'd probably wipe the floor with all the Avengers, Loki, and the entire army.

lol nice links man. The moving Apokolips feat was very impressive.

@rpottage said:

@isaac_clarke said:

He wasn't getting hurt by Tornados, he was saving Lana from them (and that was season 1. I.E. the very beginning of his powers). He also destroys buildings with ease, and fought multiple heavy wieghts. In fact you should go look at my links in the post directly before yours. I actually show the clip where it demonstates he's able to overcome magic. (I.E. they stole his powers and were trying to use the stone; at which point the stone hurt them, bounced away, and gave his powers back.)@isaac_clarke said:

@Vaeternus said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Deranged Midget said:

You really didn't watch the show huh? He isn't Silver Age, but is based on Silver Age. As for pulling powers out, how about immune to telepathy (Ryan), having Telepathy (one of his trials), neutralizing kyptonite with his death then recovering, capable of changing the destiny of others, able to share in visions, able to restore lost Kryptonian powers with his blood, etc?

BTW, it's a planet that's larger than earth; saying it's a hot air balloon is idiotic.

And the part that proves you didn't watch the show is that you don't understand that he was supposed to fly at visible speeds. He needed to break Darkseid's control; he was the only being capable of doing so (hey, anouther power) by spuring hope in the masses. That means flying and pushing the planet away at speeds they can see so that, you know, they can see it.

Your book is irellevent. Doomsday caused massive damage, slaughtered people, came back from the dead while becoming immune to what killed him, etc. He was a rampaging machine, and they had to seal him underground because he couldn't simply die. The destoyer armor killed far less, did far less damage, Thor without his powers was able to take a few hits from it (as opposed to the humans that Doomsday simply tore through in an instant), and with his powers (which were not overly impressive), it was taking out in like two hits (one which was just a hammer throw); and that was it. It was damaged and stayed down.

Exactly, he was clearly BASED on the SA and Dr. Fate even said "you will lead the SILVER AGE" but apparently as you can see some folks will just ignore that. I know, I agree the hot air balloon comment is absurd. Entire planet corrupting everyone on Earth, hot air balloon...lol

@Isaac,It's not fanwank or bs whatever you want to call it, it's fact. They confirmed the Golden Age already passed while Clark would LEAD the Silver Age...I'd say that's pretty much confirmation...and I never said they were "exactly the same" but similar, in this case Clark's power as Superman..I never said I had a desired winner in my head? That's your opinion, but I made it actually because it hadn't been done before maybe? Since there's a million other Superman/Thor topics you know...sounds to me like you're not liking the way the topic is going(I can't help you there) we've all been there, it's kind of the trend with comic vine now isn't it sometimes? eh? Who exactly supposedly weaker then Hulk hurt Clark that badly? lol also for someone who usually votes Marvel 9 times out of 10, that's an interesting accusation concerning me having a "biased" influence on the topic, I'm pretty sure I made it fair. You act as if I gave Thor nothing here...

They never confirmed him killing DD, just burying him besides DD was kicking Clark's butt around for a while before Clark got more serious.

Calling me a troll does nothing for your argument other then make you look desperate as usual, again I'm pretty sure others posted the feats for both in here which explain themselves.

Exactly, Clark moving at light speed, moving a planet off of Earth(just ignore those feats right?) That's not remotely powerful...lol thanks I'd say I have a pretty good argument considering you're a "feat guy" I provided them and you're denying them. Your hot-air balloon comment shows you're obviously ignorant or simply biased, the entire planet would have destroyed Earth and corrupted everyone on it...

Because, he's ummm "Superman" ? Just a thought lol

No in character, it was Doomsday...trying to lowball or downplay Doomsday NOT being Doomsday? ok...sure

Hardly, moving an entire planet, defeating Darkseid is FAR more impressive then anything Thor has done in the films and hell, Thor even Struggled against Hulk who Clark would KO in seconds flat...

Keep calling the facts nonsensical all you wish, it only proves you're just pissy with the way the threads going. In case you haven't noticed, majority feel the same way I do so I guess people must be nuts right? If it bothers you that much, don't post then next time.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cattlebattle

Thor doesn't really have anything to beat Clark with, there are instances when Clark gets KO'd by some nonsense, but there is a ton of instances where he defeats people wielding one of his weaknesses, he was pretty powerful when he was fully realized.....he pushed Apokolips like it was no thang.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By isaac_clarke

@rpottage said:

He wasn't getting hurt by Tornados, he was saving Lana from them (and that was season 1. I.E. the very beginning of his powers). He also destroys buildings with ease, and fought multiple heavy wieghts. In fact you should go look at my links in the post directly before yours. I actually show the clip where it demonstates he's able to overcome magic. (I.E. they stole his powers and were trying to use the stone; at which point the stone hurt them, bounced away, and gave his powers back.)

Yes he was hurt by a tornado and he had his powers for years prior - namely why he was commented on always been sickly near that meteor rock Lana sports around her neck (which as far as I remember was right in the first episode). The only difference being he was discovering heatray vision / x ray vision via kryptonian puberty.

I saw all you're links before posting to see if it would change my mind. Watching them again won't do a thing - it's basically minor highlights from the later few moments he had in the series. The only one I didn't bother with was TP resistance because it was entirely pointless to do so. Magic on more than one occasion left the Blur in a tough position and hurt him. There is no ifs or buts on it's effectiveness on him compared to most of everything else.

I can change the destiny of someone. Not a power. Cartoon Hulk gave his cousin powers with a blood transport - was this a random SA power display? The Telepathy wasn't his - that was his dead pop's giving him telepathy for an episode to save his rear from Toyman.

SA would be him spontaneously getting these powers - not someone else giving him them.

Call it idiotic - Clark is easily moving at visible flying speeds - seemingly with said giant object damn fast. It might as well have been a hot air balloon that as soon as he touched launched itself away from the Earth.

Giving people hope is a power now? Are you joking?

Your book is irellevent.

My book? God I hate having arguments where I either think I'm arguing with spike, Hitsu or MK30 on another account. It's pointless.

Doomsday caused massive damage, slaughtered people, came back from the dead while becoming immune to what killed him, etc. He was a rampaging machine, and they had to seal him underground because he couldn't simply die. The destoyer armor killed far less, did far less damage, Thor without his powers was able to take a few hits from it (as opposed to the humans that Doomsday simply tore through in an instant), and with his powers (which were not overly impressive), it was taking out in like two hits (one which was just a hammer throw); and that was it. It was damaged and stayed down.

Slaughtered people? The Destroyer was vaporizing Frost Giants casually - tearing apart people isn't impressive. The Destroyer was just as easily throwing cars around, blowing up buildings with single shots and flicking people to death. Doomsday when freed was just a mindless monster that was picking people up and slowly pounding into clark - knocking him through a building after a few hits clearly putting some hurt on Clark. The Hulk in Avengers had more impressive striking power feats.

• Thor knocked it on his rear with a hammer throw - he proceeded to lift it in the air, knock it's vaporizing beams out of the way casually and plow his hammer through his head.
  • Thor without his powers didn't take any hits from it, it flicked him and he died. That's not tanking anything.
  • Doomsday was a weaker version of Abomination.

@Vaeternus said:

@Isaac,It's not fanwank or bs whatever you want to call it, it's fact. They confirmed the Golden Age already passed while Clark would LEAD the Silver Age...

I'd say that's pretty much confirmation...

That's the thing you don't need actual confirmation to continue on with your fan fantasies. "Pretty much" isn't "Yes, this is what it is." Your arguments are plainly assumptions without anything factual.

and I never said they were "exactly the same" but similar, in this case Clark's power as Superman..I never said I had a desired winner in my head? That's your opinion, but I made it actually because it hadn't been done before maybe? Since there's a million other Superman/Thor topics you know...sounds to me like you're not liking the way the topic is going(I can't help you there) we've all been there, it's kind of the trend with comic vine now isn't it sometimes? eh? Who exactly supposedly weaker then Hulk hurt Clark that badly? l

They aren't even close - these connections don't exist in reality. You're telling me how Thor has nothing on Clark in the last post - that is you making a thread where you already know who wins in your mind and you want to argue it regardless.

It's been made before:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/movie-thor-vs-supermansmallville/642633/

And with a few variations on the theme where you have a few randoms from DC's cinematic universe / TV series vs Avenger members - usually with Smallville Clark vs Thor being included. You aren't being at all new with these topics.

ol also for someone who usually votes Marvel 9 times out of 10, that's an interesting accusation concerning me having a "biased" influence on the topic, I'm pretty sure I made it fair. You act as if I gave Thor nothing here...

The Irony of how this comes from the man who has been saying DC wins for years on Vine with next to little reasoning - not even from the direct universe - just anything with the DC logo next to it. The only thing you rage harder with is MK.

They never confirmed him killing DD, just burying him besides DD was kicking Clark's butt around for a while before Clark got more serious.

That isn't a good showing for Clark. That's the thing.

Calling me a troll does nothing for your argument other then make you look desperate as usual, again I'm pretty sure others posted the feats for both in here which explain themselves.

You are a troll. That's the problem.

Exactly, Clark moving at light speed, moving a planet off of Earth(just ignore those feats right?) That's not remotely powerful...lol thanks I'd say I have a pretty good argument considering you're a "feat guy" I provided them and you're denying them.

He was totally moving at lightspeed - and everyone on Earth happens to be able to see lightspeed apparently. He was going slow as heck and by some miracle the 'planet' suddenly becomes a hot air balloon moving MUCH faster than he was.

Because, he's ummm "Superman" ? Just a thought lol

What?

No in character, it was Doomsday...trying to lowball or downplay Doomsday NOT being Doomsday? ok...sure

Doomsday has no character - his single purpose was to kill Superman in the comics - after that his inclusion in stories provided nothing more than a scary brute with no motivations most of the time outside mindless destruction. Him simply carrying the name Doomsday doesn't make him powerful or give him better feats than he had.

Hardly, moving an entire planet, defeating Darkseid is FAR more impressive then anything Thor has done in the films and hell, Thor even Struggled against Hulk who Clark would KO in seconds flat...

Defeating Darksied who is more or less a scary ghost possessing an old man he flies through killing him. Way to over hype flying through a piss poor iteration of Darkseid.

Funny how you say that when the Hulk was a more powerful version of Doomsday and Thor was actually having to hold back to avoid dropping the Helicarrior. Namely the lack of lightning or anything really outside smacks from Mjolnir and wrestling with the Hulk. We see how much harder the Hulk hits than Doomsday right after that.

Doomsday's best punching feat was outdone by the Abomination in the Hulk movie.

Keep calling the facts nonsensical all you wish, it only proves you're just pissy with the way the threads going. In case you haven't noticed, majority feel the same way I do so I guess people must be nuts right? If it bothers you that much, don't post then next time.

The problem is the arguments here are non existent and your feeling the necessity to debate in your thread for Superman - despite clearly standing in a non-bias position.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By buttersdaman000

This is basically a curbstomp....Thor stands no chance lol

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

@isaac_clarke said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Beats me.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vaeternus

Isaac, Fan fantasies? Oh how you spin things. Says the guy who is obviously pro-marvel all these years, that does you no credit. The best argument you have in here is that the topic was already made(how long ago?) I'll give you that much, but even that topic had Clark winning...(and yet I didn't make it) as far as "how sure one is prior to posting, congrats you've showed how 99% of CV votes in these topics yourself included. However, I will say my scenario is DIFFERENT from that thread therefore worthy of it's own topic. As my second fight shows and I do often tend to make various matches in one topic not just "guy A vs. guy B" and nothing to go by. I made Clark weaker so how am I biased? I just happened to watch the show and both movies, it's not like I didn't see any of them.

Yes, it is a good showing for Clark. You're just in denial. And what are you talking about? I've not always said DC wins, clearly you're misinformed. Coming from a Marvel fan, that's funny though like yourself. No, I'm not a troll. Nick already tried that card and failed, therefore your personal opinion is irrelevant. So I'd stop the trollish behavior if I were you. Says the guy coming into my topic and arguing with everyone who says Clark wins(or in this case me yet again) even though I and rpottage shut down your theories. You really expect people to take you seriously when you call a planet "hot air balloon"? lol

Funny because for one, I'm sure Clark WAS NOT moving as fast as he could just fast enough to perhaps give people hope seeing his streak? Just a thought...and if you watch him bust from the FOS, he's clearly flying FASTER then he was in the shot before moving Apokolips...still that being said, Thor wishes he was remotely that fast. Oh, I said Superman because you know he can fly fast you know.

I'm talking about DD being the character from the comics. Yes.

Debatable, either way Clark defeated DS in Smallville(given their budget you have to understand why they couldn't show more DS) still and moving an entire planet is far more impressive the anything Thor has done in the films.

So you now think Hulk hits harder and can defeat Doomsday? Good luck with that theory...

Not really, Doomsday punched Clark blocks away through few buildings...Abomniation punched Hulk across the street at best or one block at best...don't know what you're watching. Again, you're trying to use the bias card on me, yet I'm pretty sure you're the only one in here currently arguing for Thor's case more then anyone even after others have posted feats surpassing your claims.

@cattlebattle said:

When Clark unlocked his full potential at the end of the series he was generally Silver Age....he would destroy Thor

Pretty much.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Vaeternus said:

Isaac, Fan fantasies? Oh how you spin things. Says the guy who is obviously pro-marvel all these years, that does you no credit.

It's a solid argument to say I'm "pro-Marvel" though predominantly I just post in threads where said character wins. And most of the time I give some actual reasoning for said post and try to challenge the opposing mentality with questions or facts. I don't have issues with saying X wins as long as X wins. Asura from Asura's wrath for example would hammer stomp Classic Thor, SA Superman and what have you to Galactus / high-end sky-fathers effortlessly. Stewart when he was creating planetary sized constructs would steamroll through Gladiator (as mentioned earlier today) - the only problem is Geoff Johns making everything lantern related skydive in terms of power over the years.

Regardless "all these years" is a bit much considering I only harp on select characters I actually read about to begin with (which you can probably count one hand - the problem people keep making threads with them).

The best argument you have in here is that the topic was already made(how long ago?)

That isn't an argument - that is a fact.

I'll give you that much, but even that topic had Clark winning...(and yet I didn't make it) as far as "how sure one is prior to posting, congrats you've showed how 99% of CV votes in these topics yourself included. However, I will say my scenario is DIFFERENT from that thread therefore worthy of it's own topic. As my second fight shows and I do often tend to make various matches in one topic not just "guy A vs. guy B" and nothing to go by. I made Clark weaker so how am I biased? I just happened to watch the show and both movies, it's not like I didn't see any of them.

Because you're insisting how lopsided in showings they are or to be more specific insisting I said Thor's feats pale in comparison. This is the OP arguing from the get-go in his thread how much weaker Thor is. If you wanted to avoid claims of bias you'd stick out of your own threads.

Yes, it is a good showing for Clark. You're just in denial. And what are you talking about? I've not always said DC wins, clearly you're misinformed. Coming from a Marvel fan, that's funny though like yourself. No, I'm not a troll. Nick already tried that card and failed, therefore your personal opinion is irrelevant. So I'd stop the trollish behavior if I were you. Says the guy coming into my topic and arguing with everyone who says Clark wins(or in this case me yet again) even though I and rpottage shut down your theories. You really expect people to take you seriously when you call a planet "hot air balloon"? lol

Him getting bloodied by someone weaker than the Abomination isn't a good showing for Clark. If that was at all consistent with that last feat Doomsday would have broken his hand hitting Clark. Instead he forgets he has superspeed - gets grabbed then pounded on then tossed through a building's first floor. Insisting this is a good showing for Clark is ignoring what actually happens in said showing. Clark literally had to leap really high into the air into a factory to put Doomsday down in an epicly anti-climatic way.

You do consistently, unless it's a horridly lopsided match and even then you have and will continue to. For example this Doctor Manhattan love affair you have which is the grandest example of you taking the perception of a character over actual feats. That naked guy can't even do anything to Superman.

Considering you got yourself banned - on two accounts- I don't think Nick failed anything. No-one shot down anything - generally the people I'm arguing with sporting the default avatars are the folks who will make accounts to mass PM me and a bunch of other people and get themselves banned. He's just another one of the same if not you himself.

Funny because for one, I'm sure Clark WAS NOT moving as fast as he could just fast enough to perhaps give people hope seeing his streak? Just a thought...and if you watch him bust from the FOS, he's clearly flying FASTER then he was in the shot before moving Apokolips...still that being said, Thor wishes he was remotely that fast. Oh, I said Superman because you know he can fly fast you know.

His super-speed streak that showed no signs of a speed increase till he hits the hot-air balloon planet. So fast that every normal person could see him? Mjolnir was casually breaking the sound barrier just to go back to his hand. Only in the last 30 seconds of 10 seasons without actually showing him with a full body shot.

I'm talking about DD being the character from the comics. Yes.

That doesn't give him feats he doesn't have. Doomsday was incredibly unimpressive.

Debatable, either way Clark defeated DS in Smallville(given their budget you have to understand why they couldn't show more DS) still and moving an entire planet is far more impressive the anything Thor has done in the films.

They shouldn't have included the character or the entire plot involving the duality to begin with. They put Doomsday in - just to put Doomsday in and the big fight consisted of him pushing a car into Clark and then making him bleed with two punches and launching him through a building. Clark then does a big jump to pummel him into a factory blowing it up saving the day.

It would be more impressive if it was at all consistent in the scene itself and at all consistent with the entire depiction of the character.

So you now think Hulk hits harder and can defeat Doomsday? Good luck with that theory...

Because the Abomination knocked the Hulk through a building too(or maybe a few given the Hulk doesn't see him over head till after quite a bit of running in said film).

The Hulk by Avengers seems to have picked up some strength and can punch out a flying building sized space whale in a single punch:

No one in Smallville hits that hard in the series.

Not really, Doomsday punched Clark blocks away through few buildings...Abomniation punched Hulk across the street at best or one block at best...don't know what you're watching.

No it was just the one building punch.

Again, you're trying to use the bias card on me, yet I'm pretty sure you're the only one in here currently arguing for Thor's case more then anyone even after others have posted feats surpassing your claims.

I haven't made any claims. I've stated facts. Though that might be a bit of a claim to say I did.

Clark's argument is predominantly what happens at the very end of the series - an incredibly inconsistent showing to apply to his incredibly inconsistent run. People have commented on that in this thread. No matter how you slice it - Thor hit's significantly harder and has tanked hits significantly harder. He's slower, potentially at a light lifting weight - but probably more durable and overall more powerful. This is me objectively looking at the series as a hole for Superman - who more or less banks off his speed and the fact most of the time he's the most powerful player on the board next to his batman - and by batman I mean Green Arrow.

To hell with planetary sized helium balloons and Creepy Darkseid Ghostman.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By xxxddd

Superman due to having more feats.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rpottage

@isaac_clarke: Abomination isn't stonger.

But here:

A speeding train would easily go through buildings (Clark catches it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTPh1GYS42A

Clark sends Zod Flying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2bwsr95gq4&feature=related

Zod Lex sends Clark flying through a forest parting trees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOS2JsgXGfc

One hit from Doomsday (and not a charged hit) can send Clark flying through buildings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPyxUJysVMI&feature=related

Clark having sex causes mini earthquakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NJ2J8Me0s

Fights the pull of the Phantom Zone with one finger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Y-FZFbhXY

And you've already seen the planet feat. So let's compare shall we?

Thor, is able to get hit by Hulk without dying, who is able to get hit by Abomination without dying. And that is the best you've got.

Clark creates earthquakes with sex, can send people flying through buildings and fight people who do the same, can catch a massive speeding train, and moves planets. Thor's best durability is being hit by the Hulk, Clark regularily fights stronger opponents (like kryptonians) and even when his powers wee only partially developed easily survived leaving orbit, the outskirts/shockwave of a nuclear blast, re-entry/earth collision, impact of meteors during the 2005 Meteor Shower (which had kryptonite so he was in a weakened state to boot), and survives un-aided in space (trying to hold your breath in space results in massive explosive decompression, which means he needs intense durability to withstand that).

Seriously; you're just wrong.

mobsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mobsters

superman will win any round with anyone from mnarvel and win even hulk thor will not survive if he does it wont be for long

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vaeternus

@Isaac, Well, it just seems that I've noticed you are rather selective in your battle topics(which is fine, so am I and most) however, that being said 99% of the time they're involving a Marvel character and you're usually for that character. (example Galactus vs. Superman Prime One Million, this topic, Hulk threads etc) It's fine that you're a Marvel fan but I do think you're not giving much credit to Clark's feats here honestly. Thor's aren't "piss poor" or anything here but just not on par with Superman here overall. Yes, I'm aware there was a similar topic made...over a year ago, not sure how that's relevant here though in this discussion but there's actually two matches here.

Because you're insisting how lopsided in showings they are or to be more specific insisting I said Thor's feats pale in comparison. This is the OP arguing from the get-go in his thread how much weaker Thor is. If you wanted to avoid claims of bias you'd stick out of your own threads.

I'm not arguing, merely chiming in plus it was you who quoted me. So only natural for me to respond or you wouldn't have done such. Thanks for the advice, now allow me to give you some perhaps next time you won't quote the OP then or you're pretty much asking for a debate ;)

Love affair? lol you're overexaggerating, for one I have no obsession over Dr. Manhattan, so I don't know why you're saying that talk about something out in left field lol. So I guess by your logic, you're in love with Thor then?

Actually, one account first of all. The other account was made for a friend which I used here and there, and you did everything in your power to get banned(pointless though being as how CV works) and you also have two accounts so why are you mentioning multiple accounts?, secondly bringing up bans is irrelevant here. The last person recently who tried to get me banned for merely disagreeing had the tables turned on him because I wasn't doing anything wrong, so yes he failed. In fact others complained about him and was warned. Do your research and you'll see I'm not lying...

lol, his super speed was far more impressive then anything Thor did in the movies, smashed a space bridge? took down a giant robot of destroyer armor? Not that impressive compared to Clark pushing an entire planet into space from Earth's atmosphere.

Doomsday has some feats actually as the other guy mentioned, for one you couldn't kill him, he adapted instantly, immune to green k, killed various humans, went toe to toe with Clark, punched Clark through multiple buildings and blocks.

It not only blew it up but he buried DD as well, and even says coming up from it he felt like he was flying up...besides, it still was DD as he was a kryptonian(DD is ancient Kryptonian) and just gave him the whole "dual hiding perosonal" for the plot.How is it inconsistent exactly? At least it's more consistend then Marvel's films, Thor for such a powerful God has hardly done anything impressive, Hulk Marvel put out two movies in 5 year period because they even knew Hulk was not only inconsistent but ridiculously oversized and the plot just spoke for itself in the first film. Abomination wasn't that impressive, in fact Bizarro showed better feats and he wasn't even in the show that long.

Nobody except Clark and Doomsday if they wanted...ok, one building it was still farther then the Abomination/Hulk fight. Ok your theories then that Abomination and Hulk hit harder then Clark and DD?

You can keep calling Apokolips "a hot air balloon or a muffin if you wish" but doesn't alter the fact that it was still a huge planet taking over Earth, and Clark prevented it...it's a feat far greater then anything Thor has done in any film. As far as GA and Batman, GA is isn't Batman but due to WB and the copyright issues was a "Batman like character" for Clark to relate to..

@rpottage said:

@isaac_clarke: Abomination isn't stonger.

But here:

A speeding train would easily go through buildings (Clark catches it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTPh1GYS42A

Clark sends Zod Flying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2bwsr95gq4&feature=related

Zod Lex sends Clark flying through a forest parting trees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOS2JsgXGfc

One hit from Doomsday (and not a charged hit) can send Clark flying through buildings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPyxUJysVMI&feature=related

Clark having sex causes mini earthquakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NJ2J8Me0s

Fights the pull of the Phantom Zone with one finger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Y-FZFbhXY

And you've already seen the planet feat. So let's compare shall we?

Thor, is able to get hit by Hulk without dying, who is able to get hit by Abomination without dying. And that is the best you've got.

Clark creates earthquakes with sex, can send people flying through buildings and fight people who do the same, can catch a massive speeding train, and moves planets. Thor's best durability is being hit by the Hulk, Clark regularily fights stronger opponents (like kryptonians) and even when his powers wee only partially developed easily survived leaving orbit, the outskirts/shockwave of a nuclear blast, re-entry/earth collision, impact of meteors during the 2005 Meteor Shower (which had kryptonite so he was in a weakened state to boot), and survives un-aided in space (trying to hold your breath in space results in massive explosive decompression, which means he needs intense durability to withstand that).

Seriously; you're just wrong.

Yep, and I'm sure Clark could easily stop that worm thing from Loki's army with one punch most likely punch it into space. You saw him catch a train without even hitting the ground or moving, it just stopped the second he caught it.

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By geoff2005

lol i wish they brought smallville back with proper license and budget, season 11 would be awesome to watch on tv

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vaeternus

@geoff2005 said:

lol i wish they brought smallville back with proper license and budget, season 11 would be awesome to watch on tv

So agree man, they HAD enough viewers to go another season but it was just time to end it for TV. But man I agree, I just hope we see Tom Welling don th suit in a movie down the line(could be JL movie or side story with Superman) whatever. They even updated his suit in the comic season 11, looks awesome

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By charlieboy

Clark wins this. Speed alone is going to be a big factor.