• 105 results
#1 Posted by *Void* (874 posts) - - Show Bio

which team wins 

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Nova goes down quite easily. Then, it's 2 vs 1. I'm still tempted to support the Surfer for the win.
#3 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna say team 1 but i think team 2 can win here
#4 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

If Nova has the power of the full Nova Force, Team 2 most likely wins. If he doesn't, Team 1 stomps.
#5 Posted by pooty (10797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" Nova goes down quite easily. Then, it's 2 vs 1. I'm still tempted to support the Surfer for the win. "
If he has the full nova force he might stand a better chance
#6 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:

" If Nova has the power of the full Nova Force, Team 2 most likely wins. If he doesn't, Team 1 stomps. "

I believe that Nova has the full power of the corps for quite some time now. Worldmind redirects it, and allows Richard to tap into it in parts. I believe he used it at its full capacity against Silver Surfer himself. The Surfer defeated Nova with ridiculous ease, without even trying. The Surfer cannot be "stomped" individually by either member of team 1. And since he is the only factor that counts here, I doubt team 1 would win easily, as you suggest. They can win, if they both attempt to overwhelm the Surfer with their strength, after closing the opening gap. If they don't, the Surfer will bring them both down. But this is by no means a "stomp".

@pooty said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Nova goes down quite easily. Then, it's 2 vs 1. I'm still tempted to support the Surfer for the win. "
If he has the full nova force he might stand a better chance "

Already adressed. After the slaughter of the entire Nova Corps, during Annihilation:Nova, Richard Rider does have the entirety of the Nova Force.
#7 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

diana actually has a better chance against surfer then supes here
#8 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
You're correct about Nova. I never meant that Surfer could be beaten by either member of Team 1, but since Nova w/o the Nova Force would be wiped from the match pretty quickly, Supes and WW could double team and take out Surfer. With the Nova Force, he should fight pretty evenly long enough for Surfer to work his magic.
#9 Posted by Racer_X (663 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2

#10 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall:
Indeed. If Surfer fights smart, Team 2 would win easily.
#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" diana actually has a better chance against surfer then supes here "
The Surfer has, to my mind, two ways to bring Superman down swiftly (I have already elaborated on them in the various SS vs Superman threads):

i) The Surfer is an excellent energy manipulator. He can sense, absorb, and redirect virtually any form of known energy. With that being said, the Surfer could drain the solar energy within Superman, rendering him powerless.
ii) The Surfer's cosmic awareness enables him to see weaknesses in opponents, that otherwise, shouldn't be visible. Gladiator is weak to a certain form of radiation (much like Supes is to red sun radiation); the Surfer informed Gladiator that he was aware of this weakness, without anyone ever informing him. He can use this ability here to detect Superman's weakness, and exploit it.

The Surfer is vastly inferior to the pair in base strength, but with Nova serving as a short distraction, he could overpower Kal-El, and settle it 1on1 with Diana. In which case, the Surfer has a fairly good percentage to win this fight for team 2.
#12 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @capall said:
" diana actually has a better chance against surfer then supes here "
The Surfer has, to my mind, two ways to bring Superman down swiftly (I have already elaborated on them in the various SS vs Superman threads):

i) The Surfer is an excellent energy manipulator. He can sense, absorb, and redirect virtually any form of known energy. With that being said, the Surfer could drain the solar energy within Superman, rendering him powerless.
ii) The Surfer's cosmic awareness enables him to see weaknesses in opponents, that otherwise, shouldn't be visible. Gladiator is weak to a certain form of radiation (much like Supes is to red sun radiation); the Surfer informed Gladiator that he was aware of this weakness, without anyone ever informing him. He can use this ability here to detect Superman's weakness, and exploit it.

The Surfer is vastly inferior to the pair in base strength, but with Nova serving as a short distraction, he could overpower Kal-El, and settle it 1on1 with Diana. In which case, the Surfer has a fairly good percentage to win this fight for team 2. "

i think u r correct in a sense, we all know surfer can take down supes with his energy absorbtion or red sun radiation 
the questions is tho can diana deflect all of surfers energy attacts in order to keep their team in this battle, i actually think that she can hold on her own for a while, and the other questions is can the lasso actually hold down surfer giving supes a chance to get back in this battle?
#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I'd like to see her trying to deflect this. 

#14 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
hmmm... its possible Superman and Wonder Woman could win here... but it wont be easy at all... I think either Kal-El or Diana could take down Nova within minutes... now the Silver Surfer is a problem that it would take both Supes and WW to solve... but his massive Energy Manipulation could be the key factor that gets him the win here alone...
#15 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
what about her braclets, i know she can use them to create concussive force that hurts superman, i just don't know if she can use that to create some sort of force field, hopefully someone can answer this, i do think that surfer's team is gonna win but since i'm more of a dc fan, i'm trying to justfy and winning strategy for team dc here,lol
#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @Morpheus_: what about her braclets, i know she can use them to create concussive force that hurts superman, i just don't know if she can use that to create some sort of force field, hopefully someone can answer this, i do think that surfer's team is gonna win but since i'm more of a dc fan, i'm trying to justfy and winning strategy for team dc here,lol "
The Surfer blows up an entire planet just to teach Ravenous a lesson in the scan. The words, "learn from this", indicate that the Surfer already knows the result his cosmic storm will cause. After that, he doesn't seem tired to the slightest. So, theoretically, he should be able to produce blasts of greater raw power than that. And I doubt WW would be able to deflect that kind of energy output  at once, if the Surfer decided to employ it.
#17 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
oh i c, the scan didn't look like he was blowing up an entire planet, yup i don't think diana can deflect energy of that degree
#18 Posted by JThree47693 (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty much a handicapp here, Nova goes down, there is no way around that. I actually think Surfer can pull this off by himself, it wouldnt be easy.
#19 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"I'd like to see her trying to deflect this. 

"
She's deflected worse ;)
#20 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:
really, a planet busting energy attacks, against who and when plz?
#21 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
"@Gambler: really, a planet busting energy attacks, against who and when plz? "

#22 Posted by superodinhulkhamehablast (49 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant read it but im guessing theres an underlying fact there and it also looks like its left her spent out of energy i cant tell?
i mean props on her for doing it and you for finding it but in the cosmos that the surfer traverses theres worse energy that surfer deals with like a sun

#23 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @capall said:

"
Great scans.
#24 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@superodinhulkhamehablast: That blast was the combined energy of several gods. Fact is her bracelets cant be broken. Its to bad you cant read the captions. If you click on them you can enlarge the scans.
#25 Posted by superodinhulkhamehablast (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler 
several gods is impressive but ss has channeled the energy from the big crunch in a weakened state from what ive heard idk its just word of mouth
#26 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@superodinhulkhamehablast said:
" @Gambler  several gods is impressive but ss has channeled the energy from the big crunch in a weakened state from what ive heard idk its just word of mouth "
 Whats the Big Crunch and how do we compare its energy to that of the DCU Gods? See what I'm saying? The scans are meant to show anything other then her bracelets deflecting a planet destroying blast. Everything else is a separate debate.

@Fantasma Ghost:
Thanks 

#27 Edited by superodinhulkhamehablast (49 posts) - - Show Bio

well 50 years ago we believed that when the universe expands to a certain point that it will crumble in on itself to go through the cycle again and btw who are the dc gods doing that

so im guessing that surfer was preventing that

#28 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@superodinhulkhamehablast said:
"well 50 years ago we believed that when the universe expands to a certain point that it will crumble in on itself to go through the cycle again and btw who are the dc gods doing that  so im guessing that surfer was preventing that "
You mean the "Big Bang?" 

And did you try clicking on the scans? They enlarge lol. Me explaining it doesnt do it justice.
#29 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:
thanks for the scans
#30 Edited by superodinhulkhamehablast (49 posts) - - Show Bio

no big crunch 
i did try still couldnt read it lol
you know i really dont know what to say except google silver surfer respect thread lol

i tried to find the scan but couldnt  but maybe you will stumble on it ive heard alot of people mention that though on here to

#31 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@superodinhulkhamehablast: You still dont get what I'm saying though :P You need to be able to show that A is greater then B.  

Example: The Big Crunch is stronger or has more destructive power then the Gods of the DCU (Olympus). Without being able to prove that it doesnt really matter what the Surfer did with the Big Crunch. See what I'm saying?
#32 Posted by superodinhulkhamehablast (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

" @superodinhulkhamehablast: You still dont get what I'm saying though :P You need to be able to show that A is greater then B.   Example: The Big Crunch is stronger or has more destructive power then the Gods of the DCU (Olympus). Without being able to prove that it doesnt really matter what the Surfer did with the Big Crunch. See what I'm saying? "

well i would imagine it does i mean it would destroy the universe the blast ww suffered didnt effect the whole universe but idk it might have been something different 

but here morpheus said this a month ago 
 @Morpheus_ said:

" @Cardslinger said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Cardslinger said:
" What if Surfer accessed the power of the Crush, or the Crunch or whatever they call it? "
It would kill him."
Kill Surfer or kill Superman? "
Both. The Surfer has killed two Galactus level beings simultaneously, while channeling the power of the crunch, even though he was near death at the time; so it goes without saying that he could kill Superman. But that would kill him as well. "
#33 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@superodinhulkhamehablast: If you cant read the caption then how do you know what the blast WW deflected can and cant do? Also do you have scans of this Crunch feat? Is it something Surfer can do instantaneously? Does it take time? Just from what the post says I can tell Galactus got jobbed cause he's a villain. Surfer was almost dead (explain how please :D) and at that point did Galactus hesitate? Was he talking giving SS time to channel this blast? These things are important lol.
#34 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
well, at least we know now that diana can deflect some planet busting blasts, so now the question would be can diana keep surfer under her lasso long enough for supes to join in before getting ko'd, which i think is highly unlikey but i like their chances better now
than before.
#35 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't even picking a winner before. But now I think I gotta back Sups and WW on principle lol

#36 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"@superodinhulkhamehablast: If you cant read the caption then how do you know what the blast WW deflected can and cant do? Also do you have scans of this Crunch feat? Is it something Surfer can do instantaneously? Does it take time? Just from what the post says I can tell Galactus got jobbed cause he's a villain. Surfer was almost dead (explain how please :D) and at that point did Galactus hesitate? Was he talking giving SS time to channel this blast? These things are important lol. "

Surfer cannot access the Crunch at all, its not in his powerset, that time he did it he was next to the Crunch energies and accessed them there. I am pretty sure it was a one time deal for Surfer. Surfer almost died because he was already about to die from the wounds he sustained when he engaged those two beings by himself without Galactus being present, he was already beaten down the scan just shows how much will and power he had to persevere through accessing the Crunch though if Galactus hadn't shown up the next second, Surfer would have died.
#37 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster: Good looking out :)
#38 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:
The Big Crunch is a theory. The universe is constantly expanding, at a faster rate then the speed of light. The Big Crunch is when the universe expands so much, so fast that it sorta collapses on itself. Sorta the end of the universe.
#39 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"@dreadmaster: Good looking out :) "

Anytime :-)
#40 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster:
which team do you think can win this here?
#41 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Th3 FlAsH 123: I like dreadmaster's break down.
#42 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh don't know don't care just felt like dropping some info. :-) 

#43 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, very nice. 
Let's call it a coin flip.
#44 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
@superodinhulkhamehablast: Someone else already answered my question :) thanks though.
#45 Edited by CAPiTA (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

this goes down to whether Surfer holds back like he usually does, or not. he's infamous for never using his full potential, to the point where he'd take a beating first and then show just enough power to take out whoever he's fighting. it's that "mercy" bit that he's so obsessed about. i think Supes will be like Nova in this fight, meaning he'll be all but useless. Surfer can think, analyze the situation, and react to it all in nanoseconds, so he'll use Cosmic Awareness and make himself emit Kryptonite or red sun radiation, or drain solar energy from him pretty much instantly, taking Supes out of the fight. this comes down to Diana and Surfer, and i know for sure that Diana can't take Surfer alone.

i say Surfer can solo this. not a stomp, but he can solo.

#46 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

" @capall said:

"
Impressive. Two things, though, because there seems to have been a misinterpetation of my scan:

i) I never questioned Wonder Woman's ability to deflect a "furious fireball" , no matter how much power it actually contains. We already know she can deflect the Omega Beams (a power above common power cosmic in scale), so yes, theoretically, she could deflect planet shattering/destroying blasts. 

ii) Deriving from i). I questioned not, if WW can deflect a planet shattering blast. I questioned if she can deflect an all consuming power cosmic explosion. As you can see, the Surfer didn't destroy the planet by using a concentrated blast (like the one WW deflects), but an overwhelming explosion, with the energy flowing all around both him, and Ravenous. Can WW deflect energy coming simultaneously from all angles with her bracelets? More energy than she can perceive to attempt deflecting? I have only see her deflect forces that immediately come in touch with her bracelets. Not the entirety of her body, as a continuous stream. 

@dreadmaster

said:

" @Gambler said:

"@superodinhulkhamehablast: If you cant read the caption then how do you know what the blast WW deflected can and cant do? Also do you have scans of this Crunch feat? Is it something Surfer can do instantaneously? Does it take time? Just from what the post says I can tell Galactus got jobbed cause he's a villain. Surfer was almost dead (explain how please :D) and at that point did Galactus hesitate? Was he talking giving SS time to channel this blast? These things are important lol. "

Surfer cannot access the Crunch at all, its not in his powerset, that time he did it he was next to the Crunch energies and accessed them there. I am pretty sure it was a one time deal for Surfer. Surfer almost died because he was already about to die from the wounds he sustained when he engaged those two beings by himself without Galactus being present, he was already beaten down the scan just shows how much will and power he had to persevere through accessing the Crunch though if Galactus hadn't shown up the next second, Surfer would have died. "
Accurate. People should stop referring to the Crunch as if it were in the scope of the Surfer's abilities to tap into, and access, at will. Was it impressive, that a half dead Surfer, channeled the power of the Crunch, simultaneously killing two Galactus level beings? Yes. Was it repeatable? No. Dreadmaster covered this smoothly.

@capall said:
" @Morpheus_: well, at least we know now that diana can deflect some planet busting blasts, so now the question would be can diana keep surfer under her lasso long enough for supes to join in before getting ko'd, which i think is highly unlikey but i like their chances better nowthan before. "

I have already made my case about the Surfer vs Superman part, as well as why I don't think WW is able to deflect the Surfer's blasts/explosions/ whatever you wish to call them. I am not in the habit of repeating myself.
#47 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 in curbstomp.
1.SS will drain Supe and use this energy to defeat WW without using his own.
2.SS will know what WW's baecelets can. That is why he will atack her in the same way how did in his fight e.g with Ravenous.
3.Surfer can't use Crunch's energy.
4.When Norin used energy of Crunch he was tired, because Proemial Gods curbstomped him.
5.Crunch's energy is able to defeat most of most powerfull beings in both universes (Marvel and DC).
6.Nova never use all of his powers. Probably even when he was fightining against Ego or Annihilus he used only small part of it,because he know what can it brings to him.
7.Even without using all Nova Force, Rider survived Galactus' assault in end of Annihilation which destroyed 3 solar systems. Supe and WW can't project the same power as Galan did. Surfer survive this too, and he was weaker than he is now. You could ask, "Why Nova run away from Surfer if he can take such a shots on him?" My answer is: Probably because Surfer can project more powerfull shots or he can do this multiple times. Galactus destroyed only 3 solar systems,because: a) he didn't want destroy more and b) he was exhausted.

#48 Edited by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

"Fact is her bracelets cant be broken. Its to bad you cant read the captions. If you click on them you can enlarge the scans. "

She's great and all but facts are Wonder Woman lost to much lesser people

Here's a dude with the brains of a monkey breaking her lasso

not all DC writers think the Amazon bracelets are unbreakable

goes down again despite having superior bracelets
#49 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Special circumstances. The lasso could not make Bizarro tell the truth because of his backward mind, causing it to break.

#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Special circumstances. The lasso could not make Bizarro tell the truth because of his backward mind, causing it to break. "
Where do you stand in this fight, Phantom?