#151 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @tropical island said:
" Not to offend the WW loving FEMININE fanboys and their strange love for a fictional character, but Superman takes this in a CURBSTOMP. "
Funny, seeing that a bloodlusted Superman couldn't even curbstomp her. But, whatever "
Not even a bloodlusted superman/doomsday

I think Superman is stronger, has better ranged attacks, and has better invulnerability. Just overall more powerful, and he would probably win most of the times, but I think Wonder Woman is fast enough to deflect/avoid all his ranged attacks and able to get in close where she is skilled enough where she can beat him in close quarters
#152 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" Not even a bloodlusted superman/doomsday 
Exactly. I read that one in Wonder Woman v2 #175.
#153 Posted by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio
"Beating" a bloodlusted Supes isnt the same as beating the cool, calm, and calculating Supes.  One of the powers people often forget is his supeior intelligence.  Speaking of beating....yeah.

#154 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut: I never said that she beat a bloodlusted superman anyway, I said he didn't stomp her even when he was bloodlusted.doomsdayfied
#155 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:
" "Beating" a bloodlusted Supes isnt the same as beating the cool, calm, and calculating Supes.  One of the powers people often forget is his supeior intelligence.  Speaking of beating....yeah.

"
That's the same fight that ended with Wonder Woman slashing his throat with her tiara. Yeah. She didn't get curbstomped there, and she endured all of his attacks.
#156 Posted by ComicStooge (14038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:
She had a kryptonite ring...
#157 Posted by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Primecut said:
" "Beating" a bloodlusted Supes isnt the same as beating the cool, calm, and calculating Supes.  One of the powers people often forget is his supeior intelligence.  Speaking of beating....yeah.

"
That's the same fight that ended with Wonder Woman slashing his throat with her tiara. Yeah. She didn't get curbstomped there, and she endured all of his attacks. "

Yeah, she "defeated" a bloodlusted Superman but she almost died several times in the process.  She looks like she is ready to pass out any second in those scans...her eyes are rolling back even.   Man, I'd say she jumped on a rollercoaster she wishes she could get off of in that fight.  Just because she made it off of it without puking doesnt mean she can beat the real thing though..  If Wonder Woman was bloodlusted I'm sure Superman would clean her clock too because bloodlusted versions tend to not look before they leap.
#158 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:

" Yeah, she "defeated" a bloodlusted Superman but she almost died several times in the process. 

Saying that Wonder Woman almost died is far from the truth. LOL. You said that a bloodlusted Superman would curbstomp her when a mild-mannered Superman wouldn't, and yet, she's defeated a bloodlusted Superman twice (and she's stalemated a mild-mannered one in other confrontations). Now, even after you admitted she's beaten him in a bloodlusted state, you change the subject to her almost dying as if that's relevant, and ridiculing the fact that she endured his assault twice and won.

SMH. Keep it moving, man. Let me know when you're ready to debate with me.
#159 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge said:
" @Static Shock: She had a kryptonite ring... "
Your point? Even if she had it, it didn't slow him down. The ring was of no consequence.
#160 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres them sparring

#161 Posted by Zaterra (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#162 Posted by ComicStooge (14038 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes...
#163 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man.

#164 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:
" oh man.

"
The first scan isn't even canon. Those are alternate versions of both characters. The second, Wonder Woman escaped from the ice breath, got behind Superman, and slammed her bracelets in his ears, deafening him.
#165 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: so wonderwoman is stronger than superman ?
#166 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:
" @Static Shock: so wonderwoman is stronger than superman ? "
Did I say she was?
#167 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: oh a doubt , that's good.
#168 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:

" @Static Shock: oh a doubt , that's good. "

I didn't say that, either.

#169 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
The first scan isn't even canon. Those are alternate versions of both characters. The second, Wonder Woman escaped from the ice breath, got behind Superman, and slammed her bracelets in his ears, deafening him. "
Is it these scans? I don't even know where they're from, someone just posted them to make supes look bad.
#170 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
"Is it these scans? I don't even know where they're from, someone just posted them to make supes look bad.
"
Yes, it is.
#171 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Where was the first scan you posted from?
#172 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Static Shock: Where was the first scan you posted from? "
Spectre Soul War. Can't remember the issue.
#173 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:

" @Static Shock: oh a doubt , that's good. "

Still think Superman is stronger than Wonder Woman, even with the evidence posted to prove that they are equal?
#174 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @vuviper said:
" @Static Shock: Where was the first scan you posted from? "
Spectre Soul War. Can't remember the issue. "
Does J'onn succeed?
#175 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Static Shock said:
The first scan isn't even canon. Those are alternate versions of both characters. The second, Wonder Woman escaped from the ice breath, got behind Superman, and slammed her bracelets in his ears, deafening him. "
Is it these scans? I don't even know where they're from, someone just posted them to make supes look bad.
"
Wonder Woman 219.
#176 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: I think I have that let's see if I can find the whole fight
#177 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

" Does J'onn succeed? "

Yes. As a result, he exorcises an alien being from his consciousness. But, he could only do it while the Spectre was KO'ed.
#178 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:
" oh man.

"
You do know that's from an alternate reality and that Wonder Woman wasn't fighting back right? Just want to make sure you understand the stories behind the scans you are posting :)
#179 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: I told him that, but to him, it translated to the question of whether or not Wonder Woman was stronger than Superman, as if that was relevant to what I said.
#180 Edited by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @ComicStooge said:

Your point? Even if she had it, it didn't slow him down. The ring was of no consequence. "
Maybe ya should research what kryptonite does to kryptonians...unless yer Prime.
#181 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @ComicStooge said:
Your point? Even if she had it, it didn't slow him down. The ring was of no consequence. "
Maybe ya should research what kryptonite does to kryptonians. "

#182 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler: I told him that, but to him, it translated to the question of whether or not Wonder Woman was stronger than Superman, as if that was relevant to what I said. "
I actually think Superman is stronger. But not to such an extent that it grants him a major advantage. Strength can be overcome with superior skill.
#183 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:
" @Static Shock said:

" @ComicStooge said:

Maybe ya should research what kryptonite does to kryptonians...unless yer Prime. "
The ring was in the fight for like three second. Ergo it's of no consequence.
#184 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:

" Maybe ya should research what kryptonite does to kryptonians...unless yer Prime. "

Maybe you should go back and read the comic, because when she tried to use it, Superman already had her too close to the sun, thus boosting his powers. At that point, the kryptonite didn't effect him at all . He then knocked the kryptonite from her hands. But, you didn't read the comic, so I'm under the impression that you didn't know what happened.
#185 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"I actually think Superman is stronger. But not to such an extent that it grants him a major advantage. Strength can be overcome with superior skill. "
I feel like they are equal. But, I agree with the last part.
#186 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
"I actually think Superman is stronger. But not to such an extent that it grants him a major advantage. Strength can be overcome with superior skill. "
I feel like they are equal. But, I agree with the last part. "
Their obviously close. I just feel Superman overall has the better strength showings.
#187 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Their obviously close. I just feel Superman overall has the better strength showings. "
I feel you.
#188 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
Their obviously close. I just feel Superman overall has the better strength showings. "
I think Superman is generally portrayed as stronger. Besides having more feats. Like having Orion Wonder Woman and J'onn all lose to doomsday, but Superman can somehow fight him one on one...
#189 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" I think Superman is generally portrayed as stronger. Besides having more feats. Like having Orion Wonder Woman and J'onn all lose to doomsday, but Superman can somehow fight him one on one... "
It's funny. Maxima was the only character besides Superman that exactly held her own against Doomsday in combat.
#190 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
Their obviously close. I just feel Superman overall has the better strength showings. "
I think Superman is generally portrayed as stronger. Besides having more feats. Like having Orion Wonder Woman and J'onn all lose to doomsday, but Superman can somehow fight him one on one... "
One could argue that it was plot. (not me of course, but someone :P)
#191 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" One could argue that it was plot. (not me of course, but someone :P) "
Maybe could for Orion and Martian Manhunter. Not for Wonder Woman, though (because even when given a chance to fight Doomsday again, which was a clone, she still didn't do well and required the help of another person).

Her fight with Doomsday had her saying that he was too fast for her, IIRC. But, Superman was able to keep up with Doomsday until the end of the fight. I once used that as evidence to refute McDuffie's portrayal of Wonder Woman being faster than Superman in battle because her 'muscle memory'.
#192 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @vuviper said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
I think Superman is generally portrayed as stronger. Besides having more feats. Like having Orion Wonder Woman and J'onn all lose to doomsday, but Superman can somehow fight him one on one... "
One could argue that it was plot. (not me of course, but someone :P) "
I feel like it's plot, they like to build up superman that way, but i don't think superman can do anything that J'onn Orion and Wonderwoman couldn't. to be fair though they weren't really working together, and J'onn was caught off guard by doomsday being able to evolve past his phasing, but still..... It later takes J'onn and Orion to hold off doomsday while Superman prepares a way to trap him, and then there's this too

How sad....

@Static Shock:
Well Maxima was awesome, during the fight Superman commented on how he was tiring but Doomsday and Maxima just seemed to be getting stronger, the fight was like turning her on or something. Too bad she KO'd her self....with electricity? or was it an explosion, i don't really remember. Either way....shots from Doomsday...yay, explosion/electricty, aw man I'm out
#193 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
Maybe could for Orion and Martian Manhunter. Not for Wonder Woman, though (because even when given a chance to fight Doomsday again, which was a clone, she still didn't do well and required the help of another person).  Her fight with Doomsday had her saying that he was too fast for her, IIRC. But, Superman was able to keep up with Doomsday until the end of the fight. I once used that as evidence to refute McDuffie's portrayal of Wonder Woman being faster than Superman in battle because her 'muscle memory'. "
I don't think she said that he was too fast for her. And the doomsday clone may have actually been stronger, since it has evolving at an accelerated rate. would support the fact that she was fighting him with hercules and wearing the guantlets of atlas yet again normal doomsday she lasted a while with just herself and her normal equipment

Spent too much time talking...
#194 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
"
@Static Shock: Well Maxima was awesome, during the fight Superman commented on how he was tiring but Doomsday and Maxima just seemed to be getting stronger, the fight was like turning her on or something. Too bad she KO'd her self....with electricity? or was it an explosion, i don't really remember. Either way....shots from Doomsday...yay, explosion/electricty, aw man I'm out "
She was doing him in briefly. I once used that to prove that Maxima could possibly be faster in battle than Wonder Woman, since she was able to fight Doomsday and Wonder Woman wasn't. As for how she KO'ed herself (bullsh!t) it was only done because the writer didn't want her doing too much.
#195 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @Gambler said:

Maybe could for Orion and Martian Manhunter. Not for Wonder Woman, though (because even when given a chance to fight Doomsday again, which was a clone, she still didn't do well and required the help of another person).  Her fight with Doomsday had her saying that he was too fast for her, IIRC. But, Superman was able to keep up with Doomsday until the end of the fight. I once used that as evidence to refute McDuffie's portrayal of Wonder Woman being faster than Superman in battle because her 'muscle memory'. "
The first plot device could have influenced the second. Nobody was going to beat Doomsday in the Death of Superman arc (cept Superman). The heavy hitters were all used as plot device to show off just how badass Doomsday was. So now, fast forward to WW fighting the clone Doomsday for round two, the writer already has a preconceived notion that nobody besides Superman is a match for Doomsday (clone or not). I have no problem really with Wonder Woman losing to Doomsday, but to say its because he's to fast for her is silly to me. For the simple fact that, Wonder Woman's combat speed is easily comparable to Superman's. His flight speed may eclipse hers, but the rate in which he throws strikes doesnt.
#196 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" I don't think she said that he was too fast for her. And the doomsday clone may have actually been stronger, since it has evolving at an accelerated rate. would support the fact that she was fighting him with hercules and wearing the guantlets of atlas yet again normal doomsday she lasted a while with just herself and her normal equipment

Spent too much time talking... "
She hit him and it did nothing. LOL.
#197 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @vuviper said:

"
@Static Shock: Well Maxima was awesome, during the fight Superman commented on how he was tiring but Doomsday and Maxima just seemed to be getting stronger, the fight was like turning her on or something. Too bad she KO'd her self....with electricity? or was it an explosion, i don't really remember. Either way....shots from Doomsday...yay, explosion/electricty, aw man I'm out "
She was doing him in briefly. I once used that to prove that Maxima could possibly be faster in battle than Wonder Woman, since she was able to fight Doomsday and Wonder Woman wasn't. As for how she KO'ed herself (bullsh!t) it was only done because the writer didn't want her doing too much. "
Needed her out of the way so Supes could die ;-) She is pretty fast according to switchdoctor

Super Speed Maxima has exhibited a degree of speed in combat that goes well into the hypersonic.  In Action Comics No. 651, Superman observed Maxima using her telekinesis to pilot Sazu back to her orbiting spaceship at escape velocity while rocketing there herself.  Superman flew in to intercept, but instead of getting Maxima to break from her straight escape trajectory, the fiery monarch engaged Earth's Mightiest Hero head on in a game of chicken.  As the two were about to pass one another, she reached out, grabbed his arm, and performed a judo throw on the Man of Steel. 

#198 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Static Shock said:

" @Gambler said:

The first plot device could have influenced the second. Nobody was going to beat Doomsday in the Death of Superman arc (cept Superman). The heavy hitters were all used as plot device to show off just how badass Doomsday was. So now, fast forward to WW fighting the clone Doomsday for round two, the writer already has a preconceived notion that nobody besides Superman is a match for Doomsday (clone or not). I have no problem really with Wonder Woman losing to Doomsday, but to say its because he's to fast for her is silly to me. For the simple fact that, Wonder Woman's combat speed is easily comparable to Superman's. His flight speed may eclipse hers, but the rate in which he throws strikes doesnt. "
I agree
#199 Edited by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @Primecut said:

" Maybe ya should research what kryptonite does to kryptonians...unless yer Prime. "

Maybe you should go back and read the comic, because when she tried to use it, Superman already had her too close to the sun, thus boosting his powers. At that point, the kryptonite didn't effect him at all . He then knocked the kryptonite from her hands. But, you didn't read the comic, so I'm under the impression that you didn't know what happened. "
Superman disarmed her attempt to cheat, it still doesnt change the fact she cheated.   Anyway,  the key fact you are missing or just ignoring out of convenience is that it was berserked Superman.  That means she didn't beat the regular Supes and that is the issue here, that berserked Superman =/= Superman.  The feat just showed that Superman can drag her around with raw power if he abandons all defense and just keeps attacking irrationally. Too bad the real Superman is nothing like him, he'd use his brain a whole lot more and fight more defensively like he usually does.  

The key is you cant just go around saying Wonder Woman beat Supes when it wasnt even Supes fighting her, he was fighting Doomsday in his own mind, and Wonder Woman was fighting an out of character Supes.  It is no different than using scans of out of continuity instances since Supes was drastically different.  At least in the out of continuity scans of Superman killing her he isnt fighting Doomsday in his head when he's fighting Wonder Woman....man, the fact you think that is a credible win is just funny.

@Static Shock

said:

" @Gambler said:

Yeah, that's why he plowed her around the solar system and dragged her to the sun all the way from Earth, because they are equal....right.   Her eyes wouldnt be rolling back in her head when he has a hold if her if they were equals.
#200 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"The first plot device could have influenced the second. Nobody was going to beat Doomsday in the Death of Superman arc (cept Superman). The heavy hitters were all used as plot device to show off just how badass Doomsday was. So now, fast forward to WW fighting the clone Doomsday for round two, the writer already has a preconceived notion that nobody besides Superman is a match for Doomsday (clone or not). I have no problem really with Wonder Woman losing to Doomsday, but to say its because he's to fast for her is silly to me. For the simple fact that, Wonder Woman's combat speed is easily comparable to Superman's. His flight speed may eclipse hers, but the rate in which he throws strikes doesnt. "
Well, I feel you on the Death of Superman thing. As far as Wonder Woman's combat speed, I'm still not convinced that she's faster. I've seen one instance of her throwing punches at superhuman speeds, but I've seen several instances of Superman doing the same thing. Then there's Wonder Woman's ability to deflect automatic gunfire, but then I've seen Superman pick automatic gunfire out of the air. It's a toss up for others, but I'm still leaning toward Superman in that department.