#101 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

LegendaryKYJ says:

""

Source?

#102 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

That's from Superman/Batman #15. Three villains from the future (Lightning Lord, Cosmic King and Saturn Queen) had raised Clark and Bruce instead of the Kents and Alfred. They (the villains) killed off most of the major heroes, like Flash, GL and MM before they got powers (MM was just as he arrived on Earth and didn't know what was happening). The Earth was ruled by Superman and Batman with an iron grip. The Fates told Diana (she was never Wonder Woman) that things were wrong and she recruited Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to help right it. The page before that had Superman fly from the moon after delivering Batman to their 'parents'. So that is probably a full powered Diana, but she's never battled with metahumans before.

#103 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#104 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kind of iffy about those pictures that LegendaryKYJ posted. In that issue, Superman actually broke Wonder Woman's bracelets, which is completely bogus.
Post Edited:2008-01-13 05:08:56

#105 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"I'm kind of iffy about those pictures that LegendaryKYJ posted. In that issue, Superman actually broke Wonder Woman's bracelets, which is completely bogus.
Post Edited:2008-01-13 05:08:56"

Yes, we only got a brief look at that universe so we don't know if they are the same bracelets (they probably are and it was for dramaatic effect). We don't know the circumstances that bought her out of Themyscira, so she may not have the exact same weapons although the lasso is the same. We also don't know if Superman has been magically augmented. Batman used magic he had stolen from Zatanna.

The main point though is that there, they are trying to get across just how messed up Superman had become because of the changes so they did things more for drama than continuity. Another inconsistency is that Abin Sur's ring stayed with him, it should have gone to Guy or searched the sector for another suitable candidate.

#106 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"That's from Superman/Batman #15. Three villains from the future (Lightning Lord, Cosmic King and Saturn Queen) had raised Clark and Bruce instead of the Kents and Alfred. They (the villains) killed off most of the major heroes, like Flash, GL and MM before they got powers (MM was just as he arrived on Earth and didn't know what was happening). The Earth was ruled by Superman and Batman with an iron grip. The Fates told Diana (she was never Wonder Woman) that things were wrong and she recruited Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to help right it. The page before that had Superman fly from the moon after delivering Batman to their 'parents'. So that is probably a full powered Diana, but she's never battled with metahumans before. "

She also remembered who she was while fighting Superman when he was bloodlusted. She killed Bats right in front of him.

Also, Ms Invisible those scans weren't posted as proof of so and so. I was replying to Methos about something. Personally, I think WW has a better chance at beating Superman, just because she did so well at holding him back when he was being controlled by Maxwell Lord.
Post Edited:2008-01-13 06:56:04

#107 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"That's from Superman/Batman #15. Three villains from the future (Lightning Lord, Cosmic King and Saturn Queen) had raised Clark and Bruce instead of the Kents and Alfred. They (the villains) killed off most of the major heroes, like Flash, GL and MM before they got powers (MM was just as he arrived on Earth and didn't know what was happening). The Earth was ruled by Superman and Batman with an iron grip. The Fates told Diana (she was never Wonder Woman) that things were wrong and she recruited Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to help right it. The page before that had Superman fly from the moon after delivering Batman to their 'parents'. So that is probably a full powered Diana, but she's never battled with metahumans before. "

Thanks.

#108 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why post at all?

#109 Posted by Deathshroud (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Then why post at all?"

HAHA thats a good point.

#110 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say Wonder Woman. Her power levels are close and she's a better fighter/warrior.

#111 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to say wonder woman but if there's one thing that he has that she doesn't it's his durability. his is so high that it's crazy. then its not like she always has her sword on her and people are saying he's less affected by magic, so i dont know.

#112 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't WW beat super before,i dont see why she can't do it again

#113 Posted by Tong Fa (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wonder Woman could beat Superman. She has the warrior spirit and training and can just about match anything Superman can do.

#114 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

I say both of them can win, depending on the circumstances and the writers.

#115 Posted by {ACE OF WEBS} (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
" "
OH SH!T!!!! SUPERMAN WHY!!!!!???"

DAM!!!

#116 Posted by Angelic Reaper (7540 posts) - - Show Bio

{ACE OF WEBS} says:

"Colt Python says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
" "
OH SH!T!!!! SUPERMAN WHY!!!!!???"

DAM!!!"

HOLY CRAP! What happend here?!

#117 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes

#118 Posted by IBBMS (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cosmic Sentinel:
No actually Wonder Woman is also a A-1 here's the scan
#119 Posted by IBBMS (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana's bracelets have been shown not only to deflect attacks but also to absorb forces from a long fall. When crossed before her, the bracelets are able to generate a remnant of the Aegis, allowing Diana to deflect attacks far larger than the surface area of her bracelets. This remnant takes the form of a semi-visible spherical forcefield roughly twice the height of Diana. So if Superman tried heat vison or ice breath Wonder Woman would surely be able to just use this to protect. IDK Wonder Woman wins in my book

#120 Posted by mv (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess supes

#121 Posted by BIackFlash (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I give this one to Wonder Woman

magic edge

#122 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash said:
" I give this one to Wonder Woman  magic edge "
What magic edge?
#123 Posted by OhTru (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

WW wins this, Diana is more skilled and Superman usually tries to brawl his way to a win

#124 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance: No, he doesn't.
#125 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance said:
" Superman dies "
Fail
#126 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana is a much better fighter

@Ferro Vida said:
" @BatDance: No, he doesn't. "
Yeah of course Superman dies
#127 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance: No she isn't. They have fought before and while Diana was strong enough to hurt Superman, she has never been able to beat him when they were both thinking clearly. Superman is actually an excellent fighter, having been trained by Batman and Wonder Woman. Not to mention the thousand years of experience he gained while his soul was in Valhalla (or something along those lines)
#128 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @BatDance: No she isn't. They have fought before and while Diana was strong enough to hurt Superman, she has never been able to beat him when they were both thinking clearly. Superman is actually an excellent fighter, having been trained by Batman and Wonder Woman. Not to mention the thousand years of experience he gained while his soul was in Valhalla (or something along those lines) "

True, though I still give her the edge in skill.
#129 Posted by ComicStooge (13789 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins...he's stronger,faster ect

#130 Posted by Undergroundgod (2906 posts) - - Show Bio

I aim to please the ladies, so I vote Wonder Woman.
#131 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" Not to mention the thousand years of experience he gained while his soul was in Valhalla (or something along those lines) "
That's garbage 

He's stronger but he fights like a hick, Diana is a trained Amazon and fights like a warrior

Only a fanboy would consider the 1000 years martial arts experience canon
#132 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance: Meaning that you have no actual comeback for it, correct?
#133 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @BatDance: Meaning that you have no actual comeback for it, correct? "
No its PIS

if he's a trained warrior 

There literally should be hundreds of comics where Superman takes out Herc with a round house kick, 
hundreds of comics where Superman defeats Diana in a battle of swordsmanship
hundreds of comics where Superman destroys Kalibak with a knee followed by a mike tyson combo followed by a leg lock
comics where he owns BLack Adam with some Bruce Lee moves

He doesn't fight this way, he has almost no feats of fighting skills

He fights like a hick and can frequently be owned by a baldy real estate agent
That is canon
He fights like a hick and can be owned by magic
That is canon
#134 Posted by BIackFlash (1882 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Woman should take the majority here

@Methos said:
"

Superman uses WW's lasso and snaps her neck after she kills batman... think thats how it happened.

M

"
One of the worst comics I ever read
#135 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#136 Posted by The Man of Tomorrow (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

#137 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

this is still going on???
#138 Posted by BIackFlash (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I was saying I give this one to Wonder Woman
better fighter + magic edge

#139 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes wins 8/10 times

#140 Posted by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes always wins in the comics though.  I believe when Supes is holding back which is most of the time they are around the same level.  However, when he cuts loose she can't compete with his strength and speed, despite being a "better" fighter.  Remember how he vibrated through Doomsday's attacks?  Anyway, it was described as Superman "crucifying" the amazons including WW when they had a fight where Supes was serious.

@BatDance said:

hundreds of comics where Superman destroys Kalibak with a knee followed by a mike tyson combo followed by a leg lock

Didn't he use Ali's boxing technique on Mongul? 
#141 Edited by tropical island (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to offend the WW loving FEMININE fanboys and their strange love for a fictional character, but Superman takes this in a CURBSTOMP.

#142 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:
"
Didn't he use Ali's boxing technique on Mongul?  "
I thought it was retconed after COIE and anyway Post Crisis Mongul isn't the same guy 

btw RedSon (commie Superman) is out of continuity and non canon
#143 Posted by Roman (154 posts) - - Show Bio

superman curbstomps and whats the point of reviving this thread it appears that supes wons pages ago

#144 Edited by comicfanforever (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins this fight - my opinion....
#145 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... I vote wonder woman...heh

#146 Posted by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roman said:
" superman curbstomps and whats the point of reviving this thread it appears that supes wons pages ago "
It could be a curbstomp I guess, just depends how serious Supes is about putting her down.  He definitely has what it takes to do it. 
#147 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@tropical island said:
" Not to offend the WW loving FEMININE fanboys and their strange love for a fictional character, but Superman takes this in a CURBSTOMP. "
Funny, seeing that a bloodlusted Superman couldn't even curbstomp her. But, whatever
#148 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roman said:
" superman curbstomps
He's never curbstomped her before.
#149 Posted by Primecut (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Roman said:
" superman curbstomps
He's never curbstomped her before. "
Mild mannered as Supes is he wont just go curbstomp her for no reason.  However, if he had a reason to he would.
#150 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primecut said:
" Mild mannered as Supes is he wont just go curbstomp her for no reason.  However, if he had a reason to he would. "
Superman has been brainwashed to curbstomp Wonder Woman twice. Once by Circe. Again by Max Lord. He failed both times.