#951 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman goes all Hercules and cuff's her. Game over.

That's Hippolyta..........nice....

If I remembered correctly, Wonder Woman once said that she couldn't truly beat Superman by herself.

That makes as much sense as Superboy saying Superman can bust the planet with a sneeze.... based on all their other fights....she's shown she can.

#952 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@spidermeat101 said:

@pokeysteve said:

@spidermeat101:

You overrate Superman and underrate Wonder Woman.

Nah,I'm doing good.Superman is smart.He'll find a way to win.

too bad I and several others gave reasons why Wonder Woman would get 5.5-6/10 on Superman...You have no argument......

Too bad.I have an argument.

apparently you dont know what an argument is....cus if you call "You underrate Superman" an argument? then I'm Bruce Wayne himself

#953 Edited by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@spidermeat101 said:

@pokeysteve said:

@spidermeat101:

too bad I and several others gave reasons why Wonder Woman would get 5.5-6/10 on Superman...You have no argument......

You have a Batman with prep argument. He'll find a way to win.

#954 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@spidermeat101 said:

@pokeysteve said:

@spidermeat101:

apparently you dont know what an argument is....cus if you call "You underrate Superman" an argument? then I'm Bruce Wayne himself

Fail.You clearly didn't see the earlier debate.

#955 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@spidermeat101 said:

@pokeysteve said:

@spidermeat101:

That's because he will. :)Have a nice day.

#956 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

His argument sounds somewhat like mine if you think about it...mine is, Wonder Woman's magic give her an edge....his argument is, "Superman wins, why?

"

#957 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio
#958 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter said:

Superman goes all Hercules and cuff's her. Game over.

That's Hippolyta..........nice....

@angryhulks said:

If I remembered correctly, Wonder Woman once said that she couldn't truly beat Superman by herself.

That makes as much sense as Superboy saying Superman can bust the planet with a sneeze.... based on all their other fights....she's shown she can.

Well, the first point is true for Silver Age Superman.

In that fight, it can be argue that it is stalemate as Superman was broke off from the illusion and discontinue the fight (not to mention he did not see Wonder Woman as she is because of the illusion). But that's only instance where Wonder Woman "beat" Superman. While in other showing, Superman had out-blitz Wonder Woman at least twice, and beat her other way around more than once. While it's possible for her to beat Superman, she ain't getting the majority.

#959 Posted by MPfly88 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone what did you all expect?

It's Superman.

#960 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

If he freezes her,he can quickly scan her pressure points.When she comes out,he hits them and the fight is over.Supes wins the majority of 7/10 or 8/10.

#961 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

If he freezes her,he can quickly scan her pressure points.When she comes out,he hits them and the fight is over.Supes wins the majority of 7/10 or 8/10.

He froze her already, this happened....

its obvious that you don't know what you are talking about....

#962 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Yes I do know what I am talking out. As soon as she gets out,he hits her pressure points. Read carefully what people are typing.

#963 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Yes I do know what I am talking out. As soon as she gets out,he hits her pressure points. Read carefully what people are typing.

Wonder Woman has a super healing factor, it wont work....why don't you go read some comics then try to debate them...

#964 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23841 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Superman.

#965 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Freezes her,use Heat Vision on some place of her body while she's frozen.Match done. :)

#966 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Freezes her,use Heat Vision on some place of her body while she's frozen.Match done. :)

Oh yeah, cus she's gonna sit there and get frozen.....ok.....

or after she gets frozen ....

#967 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio
#968 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: It'll take time,but eventually,he'll freeze her.

ok, or ...

It'll take time but it'll eventually happen right ....

#969 Edited by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio
#970 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

He has super speed.Try again.

so does she, try again

he also has a slit throat, want to take another look?

I debated this thread with one of the most well known Superman experts on this site and came to the conclusion that under normal circumstances Wonder Woman is more likely to win although it is anyones game, deal with it...

#971 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

He has super speed.Try again.

so does she, try again

he also has a slit throat, want to take another look?

I debated this thread with one of the most well known Superman experts on this site and came to the conclusion that under normal circumstances Wonder Woman is more likely to win 6/10 times

He is faster than her.And who said that the fight started with him having a slit throat.If you're going to ignore this stuff,I can't debate any longer.

#972 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Not counting the Maxwell Lord fight Superman has showed the upper hand in his bouts with Diana twice. While I agree it could go either way I would give it to Supes more often than not as in their fights when he's competent and not being mindcontrolled he has outperformed Diana rather handidly.

#973 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

He is faster than her.And who said that the fight started with him having a slit throat.If you're going to ignore this stuff,I can't debate any longer.

No he's not, you can't even prove it if you tried, not like you've tried to prove anything before .... you couldn't debate in the first place, your argument was Wonder Woman gets frozen and then Superman pracitacally does whatever he wants to her (pressure points, heat vision etc) .... that isn't an argument, it's BS and you know it, you never had room to debate in the first place...so if you are going stop debating, please don't let me stop you from stopping.

#974 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

No he's not, you can't even prove it if you tried, not like you've tried to prove anything before .... you couldn't debate in the first place, your argument was Wonder Woman gets frozen and then Superman pracitacally does whatever he wants to her (pressure points, heat vision etc) .... that isn't an argument, it's BS and you know it, you never had room to debate in the first place...so if you are going stop debating, please don't let me stop you from stopping.

He travels faster than her.And you haven't proved that she can block Heat Vision while frozen.It's not BS.You just choose to ignore it.And what do you mean,I didn't have room to debate in the first place?I've giving ways how he could win.Here's some.

1.Freeze breath,then Heat Vision while she is frozen

2.Freeze her non-stop,then throw her into the sun.(He powers up when near the sun anyways)

I even have more if you want me to show.His freeze breath is a major advantage and I don't see why it won't help him.He should often use it more.

And you're right.This isn't an argument.It's a DEBATE.I would be calling you names and such if I was arguing with you.

Therefore,I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

#975 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

He travels faster than her.And you haven't proved that she can block Heat Vision while frozen.It's not BS.You just choose to ignore it.And what do you mean,I didn't have room to debate in the first place?I've giving ways how he could win.Here's some.

2.Freeze her non-stop,then throw her into the sun.(He powers up when near the sun anyways)

I even have more if you want me to show.His freeze breath is a major advantage and I don't see why it won't help him.He should often use it more.

And you're right.This isn't an argument.It's a DEBATE.I would be calling you names and such if I was arguing with you.

Travel speed doesn't hold much weight in a battle, that's like saying Thor is faster than Superman cus he can travel faster with his hammer ..... it means nothing really. Your whole argument is based off of Superman freezing Wonder Woman which is unlikely, since she was able to break out before he could turn his back for a split second and cus she had to get hit from the sun to earth before he could freeze her...come off it.....also you clearly do not know what an argument is, or you don't know what the difference is between an argument and an insult which is astounding, school must be fun huh......also, I don't even know why I'm debating this with you since I debated this already with a Superman expert who actually reads comics and knows what he's talking about.

#976 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

Travel speed doesn't hold much weight in a battle, that's like saying Thor is faster than Superman cus he can travel faster with his hammer ..... it means nothing really. Your whole argument is based off of Superman freezing Wonder Woman which is unlikely, since she was able to break out before he could turn his back for a split second and cus she had to get hit from the sun to earth before he could freeze her...come off it.....also you clearly do not know what an argument is, or you don't know what the difference is between an argument and an insult which is astounding, school must be fun huh......also, I don't even know why I'm debating this with you since I debated this already with a Superman expert who actually reads comics and knows what he's talking about.

Oh,so that means Flash can't beat Hulk?Travel speed helps ALOT. Why are you even replying to me for the 2ND time if you think I don't know what I'm talking about?Surely,I must be doing a heck of a job debating if you're gonna reply to me for the 2nd time,right?I mean come one.You even have other people here saying Superman wins,but you choose to debate with me.

No,it's not HIGHLY UNLIKELY.She will break out,but he'll be ready to attack when she gets out.You forget that he has Super-Human Intelligence.And I know enough of Superman AND Wonder Woman to make a conclusion that Superman takes the majority.

And,an argument is like a debate,but more aggressive.You don't know the difference between an argument and a debate.Are you getting aggressive with me on my opinion?I don't know.Maybe that's your intention.

School didn't teach me the difference between an argument and an insult.My parents did.Why don't you kindly find someone else to debate or argue with if you think I can't debate.

#977 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh,so that means Flash can't beat Hulk?Travel speed helps ALOT. Why are you even replying to me for the 2ND time if you think I don't know what I'm talking about?Surely,I must be doing a heck of a job debating if you're gonna reply to me for the 2nd time,right?I mean come one.You even have other people here saying Superman wins,but you choose to debate with me.

No,it's not HIGHLY UNLIKELY.She will break out,but he'll be ready to attack when she gets out.You forget that he has Super-Human Intelligence.And I know enough of Superman AND Wonder Woman to make a conclusion that Superman takes the majority.

And,an argument is like a debate,but more aggressive.You don't know the difference between an argument and a debate.Are you getting aggressive with me on my opinion?I don't know.Maybe that's your intention.

School didn't teach me the difference between an argument and an insult.My parents did.Why don't you kindly find someone else to debate or argue with if you think I can't debate.

So that means Flash has both travel and reaction speed over Hulk and can make him a statue .... Superman cannot do the same to Wonder Woman, but nice try. I'm replying to you cus I feel the need to correct you when you are blatantly wrong almost all the time.... and those other people aren't Superman experts like Lvenger who I already had a debate with....you are just so remarkably wrong that I just find it more interesting ...

lol look at you using caps like you know what you're talking about. You don't know enough Superman and Wonder Woman to make any kind of unbiased and clear conclusion....

lol an argument is like a debate but more aggressive? Really? You made that up yourself and you know it, there are several definitions of an argument and two of them look the same, the one being used here is "an attempt to persuade someone of something" .... or more specifically put ...

ar·gu·ment

(ärgy-mnt)

n.
a. A discussion in which disagreement is expressed; a debate.
b. A quarrel; a dispute.
c. Archaic A reason or matter for dispute or contention: "sheath'd their swords for lack of argument" (Shakespeare).
a. A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating truth or falsehood: presented a careful argument for extraterrestrial life.
b. A fact or statement put forth as proof or evidence; a reason: The current low mortgage rates are an argument for buying a house now.
c. A set of statements in which one follows logically as a conclusion from the others.

which one do you think I am using huh, they kinda look the same to me don't you think?

Wow, your parent's taught you wrong...apparently...read a page or two back where I go back and forth with Lvenger, that's where my debate is....

#978 Edited by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

So that means Flash has both travel and reaction speed over Hulk and can make him a statue .... Superman cannot do the same to Wonder Woman, but nice try. I'm replying to you cus I feel the need to correct you when you are blatantly wrong almost all the time.... and those other people aren't Superman experts like Lvenger who I already had a debate with....you are just so remarkably wrong that I just find it more interesting ...

lol look at you using caps like you know what you're talking about. You don't know enough Superman and Wonder Woman to make any kind of unbiased and clear conclusion....

lol an argument is like a debate but more aggressive? Really? You made that up yourself and you know it, there are several definitions of an argument and two of them look the same, the one being used here is "an attempt to persuade someone of something" .... or more specifically put ...

ar·gu·ment

(ärgy-mnt)

n.

a. A discussion in which disagreement is expressed; a debate.b. A quarrel; a dispute.c. Archaic A reason or matter for dispute or contention: "sheath'd their swords for lack of argument" (Shakespeare).

a. A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating truth or falsehood: presented a careful argument for extraterrestrial life.b. A fact or statement put forth as proof or evidence; a reason: The current low mortgage rates are an argument for buying a house now.c. A set of statements in which one follows logically as a conclusion from the others.

which one do you think I am using huh, they kinda look the same to me don't you think?

Wow, your parent's taught you wrong...apparently...read a page or two back where I go back and forth with Lvenger, that's where my debate is....

Which dictionary are you reading?A debate is a structured argument in which people try to prove their points. Isn't that what we're doing?An argument is people who are angry with each other.I don't know about you,but I'm not angry at you for having an opinion.I'm just defending my points.I respect your opinion.But,I'm going to continue to disagree with you until disprove my points.

I'm not blatantly wrong.I'm giving facts.You can assume all you want that I don't know what I'm talking about.You haven't disproved my points.You're just telling me off and giving me scans of her only breaking out of ice.Not breaking out of ice and then blocking a heat vision attack.Clark has the power to destroy Earth.What powers or weapons does Diana have to do that?

Once again,you must think I'm not a Superman expert.So what do you mean those other people aren't experts like Lvenger.If you feel you have to correct me,then why aren't you doing the same to the others?I'm good enough to hold my own against the likes of you.

Superman has fought and beat

1.Doomsday

2.Darkseid

3.Mongul

Wonder Woman can't beat them even if they don't have the skill.Wonder Woman punched Mongul and hurt herself.Superman almost killed him.Again,Superman wins.

#979 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

Which dictionary are you reading?A debate is a structured argument in which people try to prove their points. Isn't that what we're doing?An argument is people who are angry with each other.I don't know about you,but I'm not angry at you for having an opinion.I'm just defending my points.I respect your opinion.But,I'm going to continue to disagree with you until disprove my points.

once again, I don't care for your own personal definition of an argument, when you're done making things up let me know.

@spidermeat101 said:

I'm not blatantly wrong.I'm giving facts.You can assume all you want that I don't know what I'm talking about.You haven't disproved my points.You're just telling me off and giving me scans of her only breaking out of ice.Not breaking out of ice and then blocking a heat vision attack.Clark has the power to destroy Earth.What powers or weapons does Diana have to do that?

You are blatantly wrong, you haven't given a single relevant fact, Clark has never destroyed a planet in his entire career, so you can throw that out.....oh look you were blatantly wrong again....

@spidermeat101 said:

Once again,you must think I'm not a Superman expert.So what do you mean those other people aren't experts like Lvenger.If you feel you have to correct me,then why aren't you doing the same to the others?I'm good enough to hold my own against the likes of you.

You aren't a Superman expert, you are a biased fan .... I am not responding to the others cus I simply don't feel like it, you haven't proven a single "fact" ever since you first started posting in this thread, you aren't good enough to hold your breath against the likes of me....a Mod conceded in a debate against me (before he was a mod, but his prestiege in debating is still notable, better than mine on average).....I'm not bringing it up to say I'm better than anyone in particular cus I'm not....you just aren't a good debater....

@spidermeat101 said:

1.Doomsday

2.Darkseid

3.Mongul

Wonder Woman can't beat them even if they don't have the skill.Wonder Woman punched Mongul and hurt herself.Superman almost killed him.Again,Superman wins.

Lol ABC logic, cus A beat B, he/she can beat C .... wrong, Superman needed to be in the sun to beat Darkseid, Mongul is slow and never even beat Wonder Woman anyway (she only hurt her hands in the cartoon lol), Doomsday killed Superman when he had the help of other league members and Wonder Woman was able to fight a Doomsday clone as well as a fusion of Superman and Doomsday for a while on her own ..... she can hold her own against Superman and even win like I already proved when I debated Lvenger....

#980 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting to hate this thread.

@ancient_0f_days I don't think that was a Superman/Doomsday hybrid. Common misconception based off of his appearance.

#981 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting to hate this thread.

@ancient_0f_days I don't think that was a Superman/Doomsday hybrid. Common misconception based off of his appearance.

I know, it was actually Superman changed by Circe's magic .... but still he was all doomsdayish....looks like a fusion

#982 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

My final bit of input for this thread is, Superman vs Wonder Woman is about as debatable as Captain America vs Batman .... more strength vs more skill, nearly equal in many aspects ..... one can go on and on about who can win, fact of the matter is....neither one of them has actually distinctively or decisively won a battle against the other when they were both trying .... one may have seemed to or actually had the upper hand, but it isn't the same thing as truly winning .... they've shown to be more than a match for each other in nearly every hostile encounter they've had and what they've done outside of their fights against each other reinforces the notion that they are an even match since they display powers and abilities they haven't used on each other that should be brought to the debating table but are usually left out .... but the fact of the matter is, they remain equals ..... no matter what .....

#983 Posted by Immortal777 (7267 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 5.1/10

#984 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101 said:

once again, I don't care for your own personal definition of an argument, when you're done making things up let me know.

@spidermeat101 said:

You are blatantly wrong, you haven't given a single relevant fact, Clark has never destroyed a planet in his entire career, so you can throw that out.....oh look you were blatantly wrong again....

@spidermeat101 said:

You aren't a Superman expert, you are a biased fan .... I am not responding to the others cus I simply don't feel like it, you haven't proven a single "fact" ever since you first started posting in this thread, you aren't good enough to hold your breath against the likes of me....a Mod conceded in a debate against me (before he was a mod, but his prestiege in debating is still notable, better than mine on average).....I'm not bringing it up to say I'm better than anyone in particular cus I'm not....you just aren't a good debater....

@spidermeat101 said:

1.Doomsday

2.Darkseid

3.Mongul

Lol ABC logic, cus A beat B, he/she can beat C .... wrong, Superman needed to be in the sun to beat Darkseid, Mongul is slow and never even beat Wonder Woman anyway (she only hurt her hands in the cartoon lol), Doomsday killed Superman when he had the help of other league members and Wonder Woman was able to fight a Doomsday clone as well as a fusion of Superman and Doomsday for a while on her own ..... she can hold her own against Superman and even win like I already proved when I debated Lvenger....

You call me a biased fan,yet denying everything I say and say I'm wrong all the time. Hypocrisy in a nutshell.You can't call anyone a bad debater if you deny everything they say.And you still fail to disprove my point of Superman freezing her then using heat vision on her while still frozen.Wow,this is pathetic.But what else can you expect from someone with the name Troll Hunter?

#985 Posted by fiodestromus (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't WW say she was faster than him in combat. His travel speed is great but she has better muscle memory and combat speed.

I want to say wonder woman but it could go either way.

#986 Edited by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#987 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

lets begin...

@ancient_0f_days said:

I still say Wonder Woman wins, she's shown the ability to tank his attacks, deliver quick and skillful attacks right back at him and her magic equipment is more effective than his usual devices. Further more, her bracers can protect her like they did against Powergirl and the gods, she has magical lightning that has killed a god and injured a goddess, she can regenerate faster using the lasso when in contact with the earth ...... as long as she can regen, she can win. Her magical equipment and powers are gonna be more effective than Superman's punches, so his durability really doesn't mean all that much. They have him win in comics due to the fact of chauvinistic mentality along with the fact that Superman is the poster boy for the JLA and is on the cover of almost every major JLA issue standing in front, accept for a few where either Batman or Wonder Woman are... point is, feat and ability wise, Wonder Woman has just what it takes to beat Superman .... due to the closeness in their stats and a balance of power, strength and durability vs magic, skill and speed .... a stalemate would be the most accurate result. But in a fight to the death, Diana was brought up to be a trained warrior, tactician and scholar. Clark was a farmboy, not to say that his kryptonian heritage didn't catch up to him and make him an intellectual powerhouse and skilled fighter, but he's not a born warrior or a soldier, Wonder Woman was the best on Themyscira ...... and for all superman's super senses she has shown that she can get the drop on him mid battle while he's out for blood and she's not. In the end, due to the fact that they are similar in strength, speed, and durability ... Wonder Woman has the advantage in faster regeneration, unbreakable defense and magic....

I've changed my original opinion slightly, I see this more as a stalemate more than a definitive win for Wonder Woman but my points still stand.

Your move.

#988 Posted by uchiha454 (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is a better character and I know she'll win 4.5 /10 sadly, Superman's speed and strength and durability exceeds her's. That is the only reason he wins if one of those factors are uped slightly Wonder Woman will win 8/10.

#989 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: As a poster on the first page posted, if Bizzaro could beat her(Twice) Superman could as well.

#990 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: As a poster on the first page posted, if Bizzaro could beat her(Twice) Superman could as well.

And as I stated in many threads where that was an argument...they were both non canon thus never happened in mainstream DC, meaning Bizarro never beat Wonder Woman. Worst argument to ever graze these forums might I add, just because of how utterly flawed it is.

#991 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow: to add insult to injury, this...

is from an Elseworlds comic by Matt Wagner called

Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity

Batman / Superman / Wonder Woman: Trinity #1 - TPB (Issue)

Amazon Archives

It's a JLA spin off comic that retells the original meeting of the three heroes.

And, this...

is simply art by Brazilian comic artist Al Rio, it's not connected to any comic issues, no series, just art with his name on it...

Here's his wiki. Al Rio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for the salt on wounds but honestly, that is the most annoying thing to see on here.

#992 Posted by Derrick_nolan (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman too fast, too strong.

#993 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: In the absence of an actual fight elseworlds sometimes just have to do. Bizzaro has beaten a wonder woman, not the one is in mainstream is all. And the OP never stated any versions so with that these scans would be allowed.

#994 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: In the absence of an actual fight elseworlds sometimes just have to do. Bizzaro has beaten a wonder woman, not the one is in mainstream is all. And the OP never stated any versions so with that these scans would be allowed.

Read the battle forum rules...in fact, I'll show them to you...

What Can You Use?

Like most things in the fight, the following may vary depending on what the thread creator chooses to allow. Despite, or maybe because of, how much debate there’s been on this area (check old threads in the Battle Forum) this section is rather small. What I have here is what I think most people agree on.

Things that aren’t canon are not used in battles unless otherwise stated by the creator of the thread. For things that are canon, an understanding of the character as a whole helps determine what they can do in fights. For example, one time feats, crossover feats, powers/abilities that haven’t been used in a long time (but haven’t been specifically removed) are not to be dismissed out of hand, but they should be weighed against regular appearances and displays of abilities. Don’t just use a character’s best showings to determine what they can do, and don’t just use their worst showings to limit them

Be Specific About Fights

I think this is probably the most important rule, and when it’s followed, many other problems go away. When starting a battle you need to be specific about how everything is going to go down. This includes a lot of factors. A lot of posters just type "fighter 1 vs fighter 2, who wins?" and they're done. Putting just a little effort into it can sort out a lot of questions that pop up later. You can determine if the characters involved are acting in character (like they normally would as their personalities dictate), if they are “bloodlusted” or anywhere in between, how much time they get before the fight (prep), where they're fighting, what gear they have with them, which incarnation of the character, any power limitations, etc, etc. It really isn’t hard to flesh out the battle a little and it goes a long way.

When these things are left out it’s generally assumed that characters are fighting to the best of their ability but still within the limits of their personality, using their standard gear, have no prep time, and are their current mainstream versions. Their starting distance is close and the setting is most often a city. Without any specifications to a battle, those are what we go by. It’s always best to give as much information about the fight in the first post.

At the time of the creation of this thread, Pre-52 Wonder Woman was the current mainstream Wonder Woman. Anyway, with your logic....I can say that Flashpoint Wonder Woman beat and murdered Captain Thunder who is pretty much Captain Marvel, I can say magneto beat Apocalypse even though it was AoA versions, I can say Superman sneezed away a solar system even though it was different versions and that Wonder Woman pulled the sun....but then again, I know the rules.....

the fact that you don't and you have over 300 posts here....is more than surprising to say the least.

Your move.

#995 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Oh no sir, one can't make an accurate judgement without proper knowledge, so this goes back to the OP being able to properly say what versions and rules, by all accounts whatever goes. And by the time of the OP i'm also pretty sure Trinity was out, so like I said unless it is stated or restricted we can't say for sure on the nature of any character. And like the rules said it is assumed that the characters are their mainstream versions, if you want to go by that then ok. What i also said was that A Bizarro from another universe did beat a wonder woman, never said it was the mainstream wonder woman. I wasn't commenting on the mainstream versions just letting you know.

#996 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Oh no sir, one can't make an accurate judgement without proper knowledge, so this goes back to the OP being able to properly say what versions and rules, by all accounts whatever goes. And by the time of the OP i'm also pretty sure Trinity was out, so like I said unless it is stated or restricted we can't say for sure on the nature of any character. And like the rules said it is assumed that the characters are their mainstream versions, if you want to go by that then ok. What i also said was that A Bizarro from another universe did beat a wonder woman, never said it was the mainstream wonder woman. I wasn't commenting on the mainstream versions just letting you know.

So, what I got from your post is that since you don't want to follow the forum rules, you made up your own to justify your opinion..............................right.................I think we're done here.

#997 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else who actually acknowledges the rules want to try me?

#998 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

So, what I got from your post is that since you don't want to follow the forum rules, you made up your own to justify your opinion..............................right.................I think we're done here.

it's ok,since according to "son_of_storm" elsworlds and crossovers are valid,we should opost the scans of venom owning superman.

#999 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

No what you should have gotten from that excuse me for not making it more clear, We can't tell what version of these characters or rules have been allowed OP has to tell us this. I cannot debate without knowing which characters are used, or if he was trying to make the battle one sided or not. But if you would really like to debate about it then ok. You give me a version for both superman and Wonder Woman and we will begin.

#1000 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

No what you should have gotten from that excuse me for not making it more clear, We can't tell what version of these characters or rules have been allowed OP has to tell us this. I cannot debate without knowing which characters are used, or if he was trying to make the battle one sided or not. But if you would really like to debate about it then ok. You give me a version for both superman and Wonder Woman and we will begin.

the rules give you a version......according to the time the thread was made and the versions of characters people used then, it was post crisis (pre-52) Wonder Woman and Superman, mainstream. Get started.