#1 Posted by thunder man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win?

#2 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would take her, he is too strong, and too fast for her to handle.

#4 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"http://www.comicvine.com/message/superman-vs-wonder-woman-battle-of-the-sexes/17737/&c=89&89"

Her sword is sharp enough to cut him and I know she is a BA, but do you think she really has the strength and speed to go up against him. I mean if he HAD to kill her.

#5 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he meant that if youre going to debate this, why not use the earlier thread?

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Her sword is sharp enough to cut him and I know she is a BA, but do you think she really has the strength and speed to go up against him. I mean if he HAD to kill her."

That's what happened with the whole Max Lord thing and though he very nearly killed her, she could have killed him too (she cut his throat, but kept him alive). I think Superman wins more often than not, but she can hold her own and it's within her power to pull some wins.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"That's what happened with the whole Max Lord thing and though he very nearly killed her, she could have killed him too (she cut his throat, but kept him alive). I think Superman wins more often than not, but she can hold her own and it's within her power to pull some wins."

I agree. It's fairly close but Superman would win the majority. That was a great fight by the way. Maybe one of Wonder Woman's best fights.

#8 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

dosen't wonder woman have magic with her

#9 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

She has magic items, her powers were granted to her by magic, and she was born out of magic.

#10 Posted by G-Man (37026 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"G-Man says:
"http://www.comicvine.com/message/superman-vs-wonder-woman-battle-of-the-sexes/17737/&c=89&89"

Her sword is sharp enough to cut him and I know she is a BA, but do you think she really has the strength and speed to go up against him. I mean if he HAD to kill her."

If it's to the death, Superman loses. He's all high and mighty about not taking a life. Yes Wonder Woman has killed before (Max Lord) but she has just vowed that even one life is one life too many (in this week's issue). Soooooo maybe she wouldn't kill either? If push came to shove, she would kill before Supes would.

Staff
#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"She has magic items, her powers were granted to her by magic, and she was born out of magic."

so wouldn't that give her an advantage

#12 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"Forever says:
"She has magic items, her powers were granted to her by magic, and she was born out of magic."
so wouldn't that give her an advantage"

If she's using those items it would certainly help her out. She always has her tiara, bracelets and lasso, but if she has her sword with her then that makes her really dangerous.

#13 Posted by G-Man (37026 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes looks pretty beat to me. But I'd say he's faster and a bit stronger. He should be able to fly by, give her a little love tap and knock her out. It's close.

Staff
#14 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"

Supes looks pretty beat to me. But I'd say he's faster and a bit stronger. He should be able to fly by, give her a little love tap and knock her out. It's close.

"
#15 Posted by Lunacyde (19453 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gone either way in comics...they are pretty evenly matched.    
#16 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

My money is on Wonder Woman because of
A. The magical nature of her powers and weapons
B. She was trained as a warrior to fight since early childhood
C. She is a superior tactician.

#17 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Woman wins this
 


She's smart enough to use the magic edge against him
 
and Diana is a better fighter

 
 .
 
 
 



 
.
 



 
.
Yeah I know the Ali thing is a Superman of another age 
 

 
Not canon but retconed, the lil Superman writers with their inferiority complexes have since given Superman lots of ninja skills, he felt insignificant next to other fighters so Superman fly backwards in time to study ninja techniques in magical land and now he apparently has batman beat with 900 years martial arts training. 

 
Diana as long as the writers don't include PIS should be able to take the majority against Superman
#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance: Superman was granted a resistance to magic BUT you choose to ignore things like always.
#19 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:

" @BatDance: Superman was granted a resistance to magic BUT you choose to ignore things like always. "

There's no telling if he still has that resistance that Phantom Stranger gave him. At the time, it was only effective against 'flaying winds' according to Superman. Even before that, Superman was resisting weaker forms of magic, but he's never been able to resist the power of the Lasso of Truth. Then, take into the equation her magic lightning from her bracelets, which is essentially Zeus' lightning. I think Wonder Woman now has greater chances of winning.
 
@Voidheart said:
" "

#20 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i prefer WW but i dont like supes but supes can also be a monster Cis off....
 
can someone show me her lightning ability, pls?
 
i really like how she used it and in what context
#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"
can someone show me her lightning ability, pls?
 
i really like how she used it and in what context
"



#22 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
the first time it looked like an accident and the second time well i think she was just figuring out... i cant really factoring it in unless its an unlikely last ditch attack of desperation...
 
i got to still give it to clark or at least 50/50
 
to be honest i really dont see clark being able to out fight her but he has shown the strength to ko her in one hit..
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"to be honest i really dont see clark being able to out fight her but he has shown the strength to ko her in one hit.."
Most other times, she tanks all of his hits. Even when Superman is unleashed/brainwashed (there have been two instances), she was never KO'ed. KO'ing her in one hit when she's not looking or alert doesn't count.
#24 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
"to be honest i really dont see clark being able to out fight her but he has shown the strength to ko her in one hit.."
Most other times, she tanks all of his hits. Even when Superman is unleashed/brainwashed (there have been two instances), she was never KO'ed. KO'ing her in one hit when she's not looking or alert doesn't count. "
it kinda does... awareness of the attack should have no bearing to the person Ko resistance..
#25 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"it kinda does... awareness of the attack should have no bearing to the person Ko resistance.. "
They. Weren't. Fighting. When. He. KO'ed. Her. Therefore. It. Doesn't. Count.
 
Whenever they do fight, he's never able KO her. Period. When he was brainwashed and bloodlusted to go all out against Wonder Woman by Circe, he fails to KO her. When he was brainwashed by Maxwell Lord in Infinite Crisis to think that Wonder Woman is Doomsday, he still can't KO her, even if he's fighting with the intention to kill her. In all other fights, it's the same thing.
#26 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
"it kinda does... awareness of the attack should have no bearing to the person Ko resistance.. "
They. Weren't. Fighting. When. He. KO'ed. Her. Therefore. It. Doesn't. Count.  Whenever they do fight, he's never able KO her. Period. When he was brainwashed and bloodlusted to go all out against Wonder Woman by Circe, he fails to KO her. When he was brainwashed by Maxwell Lord in Infinite Crisis to think that Wonder Woman is Doomsday, he still can't KO her, even if he's fighting with the intention to kill her. In all other fights, it's the same thing. "
but like i said i would place them 50/50 and thats without the chance of his shown ability to ko her... adding the unlikely chance that a   punch to the back of the head could do her in..
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"adding the unlikely chance that a   punch to the back of the head could do her in.. "
He would never get the chance, not in battle. It's not like she can't keep up with him.
#28 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Woman would win this [:
#29 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Wonder Woman would win this [: "
your a girl arent you?..  :/
#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Wonder Woman would win this [: "
I f@cking love you for this. :)
#31 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" Wonder Woman would win this [: "
I f@cking love you for this. :) "
Haha, Thanks. :D
love you tooo. 
 
xoxo
#32 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" Wonder Woman would win this [: "
your a girl arent you?..  :/ "
...Maybe ....
and your a guy, aren't you? :P
it works both ways Mister. 
 
either way, WW would still win.
#33 Edited by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Reality check guys, Superman is just way stronger and more durable than her and no amount of skill is going to make up for that difference.  He's the one with the coal to diamond fusing grip here, not her.  He's the one who is carrying the brunt of the weight on his shoulders and always saving the Universe by himself while Wonder Woman is simply delegated to a support hero.  If she can beat him how come Superman humiliates her in a few panels when he "cuts loose"?  How come she couldnt even hang with Mongul while Supes is humiliating Mongul like nobody's business?  How come she didnt show up for the Doomsday incident...I don't think she can even take a punch from Doomsday since she cant even tank piercing attacks?  Supes takes this 9/10 and the 1/10 is if Batman lends her some kryptonite, because that is the only way she has a chance.

#34 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos said:
 If she can beat him how come Superman humiliates her in a few panels when he "cuts loose"?  How come she couldnt even hang with Mongul while Supes is humiliating Mongul like nobody's business?  How come she didnt show up for the Doomsday incident...I don't think she can even take a punch from Doomsday since she cant even tank piercing attacks?  Supes takes this 9/10 and the 1/10 is if Batman lends her some kryptonite, because that is the only way she has a chance. "
She's beaten Superman before, in Wonder Woman #175, when he was brainwashed by Circe. He was going all out, and he tried to kill her. But, she still won in the end. All other times they fought, they stalemated. As far as Mongul goes, maybe she can't compete with him, but that doesn't mean she can't take Superman. Even Superman has had a hard time with Mongul. She can't take Doomsday, that's been established already.
#35 Posted by Ms. Omega (4511 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#36 Posted by tensor (4707 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins this

#37 Posted by Zaterra (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#38 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @castleking said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" Wonder Woman would win this [: "
your a girl arent you?..  :/ "
...Maybe .... and your a guy, aren't you? :P it works both ways Mister.   either way, WW would still win. "
Awesome. Sometimes putting your own foot in your mouth is the only move left to make. Wonder Woman wins this after Bats had slipped her his kryptonite ring... Not that she really needed it, but Diana thought it looked good on her all the same. Sorry, Supes... Call me a 'homer', but the earthling wins.
 
And yes, castleking, I AM an earthling. *  __  *
#39 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. 

#40 Posted by Sherlock (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt there another one too?

#41 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock said:
" wasnt there another one too? "
There are many and this one is not even correct either. But I could not find it and I stopped caring because I am tired. 
#42 Posted by Sherlock (7277 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Okeeday then
#43 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

In the mainstream Universe, it's relatively even (though I still think Superman comes out on top 8/10 times). 
 
But in alternate-continuities, Superman is almost always shown as being completely out of WW's league. Eg: Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and Robin #5, Kingdom Come, and All-Star Superman.

#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" In the mainstream Universe, it's relatively even (though I still think Superman comes out on top 8/10 times).   But in alternate-continuities, Superman is almost always shown as being completely out of WW's league. Eg: Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and Robin #5, Kingdom Come, and All-Star Superman. "
Wonder Woman doesn't even appear in All-Star Superman. How can he be shown out her league?
#45 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:  Superman's strength is quoted as being like 200 quintillion tons, is immune to Kryptonite and takes on (their names escape me) I think Samson and Atlas with total ease. 
 
As such, Wonder Woman stands no chance.
#46 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @AtPhantom:  Superman's strength is quoted as being like 200 quintillion tons, is immune to Kryptonite and takes on (their names escape me) I think Samson and Atlas with total ease.   As such, Wonder Woman stands no chance. "
Not really. 
1. We have no idea how strong Atlas and Samson are.
2. Wonder woman can move 200 quintillion tons.
#47 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: 
 
Fair enough. I didn't know that, the Wonder Woman moving 200.... thing. 
 
Jolly good. =] 
 
They're both great characters, two of the best, let's just hope they never fight again. =] Or, if they do, Darkseid shows up to tear them both apart.
#48 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" let's just hope they never fight again. =] Or, if they do, Darkseid shows up to tear them both apart. "
That would bi like Christmas coming early for me. : )
#49 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" let's just hope they never fight again. =] Or, if they do, Darkseid shows up to tear them both apart. "
That would bi like Christmas coming early for me. : ) "
Yeah, I agree completely. 
 
My favourite DCAU quote: 
 "I am many things Kal-El... you cannot begin to imagine half of them... , but here I am God."
#50 Posted by Norbit (72 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt superman beat her to a pulp? shes a woman afterall... 
she can stand toe to toe with him? Shes weaker and less durable surely...