• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenario 1:

-Win by death or knockout

-No BFR

-Morals on

-New 52 Superman

-SSJ 3Goku

-Standard 616 Thor

Scenario 2:

-Win by death or knockout

-No BFR

-Bloodlust on

-Post Crisis Superman

-SSJ 3Goku

-Warrior Madness Thor

Fight takes place on Apokolips:

Who wins?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Brace yourselves...

#3 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, interesting battle. I'd have to say both scenario's will see Superman and Thor facing off with each other. Although, considering Supermans limited feats in the New 52, I'd have to give the edge to Thor. He's remained consistant throughout and impressive in his namesake title written by Jason Aaron.

The second scenario is tougher as Thor's strength will multiply his strength by a factor of ten (I believe) which will easily hand the favour to him over Superman as they are already roughly equal in terms of physical stats. The only advantage I'd grant Superman over Thor is his speed which he is more inclined to use when blood-lusted as seen when he was mind-controlled by Maxwell Lord and forced to fight Diana. I'm unsure as to Thor gaining any boosts in durability or not but he seems to lose any sense of control he has and won't be fighting smart so that might lead to Superman's advantage.

#4 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides speed, what feats does New 52 Supes have to put him on par with either Thor or SSJ 3 Goku?

#5 Posted by chaoichi (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: Benching the Earth for 5 days with no sun and I think nanosecond reaction time

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides speed, what feats does New 52 Supes have to put him on par with either Thor or SSJ 3 Goku?

Truthfully, New 52 Superman is supposed to be relatively equal to Post-Crisis or eventually more powerful as seen by his feat of benching the equivalent of the Earth for five days straight and creating shockwaves from his punches so powerful that they shook the entirety of the Earth. Besides that, he is still lacking in true speed and durability feats. Having said that, I'd say Thor takes that battle.

In terms of the second scenario, Post Crisis has plenty of feats to fall back on and Thor's strength is greatly amplified by Warrior Madness so Superman might be in trouble in that regard. The only saving grace he might have is his massive advantage in terms of speed.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22979 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Goku

Thor

Thor's combat speed isn't as fast.

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

The overratedness of this fight kills them all!

#9 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i am going to get yelled at, but i still , honestly believe Goku would win both round, he in SSJ3 should be more durable, faster and have a lot better energy attacks than either of the 2.

#10 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I kinda agree, but you know Superman and Thor fans will never admit this. However, I do think Thor w/ Warriors Madness would pose Goku significant problems.

#11 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion:

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Goku

#12 Edited by SMXLR8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Theorder14 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Goku

2. Superman

3. Thor

#14 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i am going to get yelled at, but i still , honestly believe Goku would win both round, he in SSJ3 should be more durable, faster and have a lot better energy attacks than either of the 2.

Eh, that's debatable. I've never seen Goku for one survive any large scale explosions that either Post-Crisis Superman or Thor have endured. I do agree on the aspect of being far faster in terms of combat speed but he is still relatively weaker in terms of overall strength. Not to mention any use of a large energy attack would only shorten his capability to maintain the transformation.

#16 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by martianfrommars (15 posts) - - Show Bio

ROUND 1 Superman WINS Goku loses sorry if any Dragonball fanboy get pissed, but Thor/Superman is just too much for him .Goku is inferior in every ascpect against Superman and is also inferior to Thor except speed in which Goku is superior to Thor .Call it instant transmision,2,5 billion+ km/h or general combat speed if you like , whatever.Still Goku loses to Thor because light-speedsters are nothing new to him and has face many of them before Then I think Superman 52 Wins because:

Strength Superman>Thor

Speed Superman>Thor

Durability Superman>Thor

HTH/Combat Ability Superman<Thor by little Thor only takes it for his billion of years of experience ,otherwise they are equals

Energy Projection/Powers Superman>Thor

Intellect/Stragety Superman>Thor because thor might be a god and be wise but he is extremely impulsive and despite defeating Loki who is very cunning he still gives in to the heat of battle and gets carried away quite easily forgetting even the most perceptible strategies

ROUND 2 Superman WINS it is tough because when Superman is mad well .... Think he becomes at the majority like Superboy-Prime especially if lethal force is ''authorized'' but it is a close one mainly for the reason that WM Thor is beast but at the end a bloodlusted Superman can take much more than Thor can throw at him and dish more than Thor can take plus Superman bloodlusted uses his speed much more often avoiding so Thor taking a Mjolnir swing at him would be pure luck

#18 Edited by SMXLR8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wins round 1

Stomps round 2- a bloodlusted Goku is something to behold!

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good...you combined the two most over-used battles into 1....Great.

#21 Edited by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Thor.

New-52 Superman has good strength feats, but his durability doesn't have the adequate feats I don't believe.

Meanwhile Goku; while being good in some respects, has two main weaknesses I believe. The first is his limit. Superman and Thor are simply as they are; they don't take forms and don't have a limit to those forms so while they can keep going Goku will eventually run out. The second is durability; Goku's durability doesn't seem to be on par with the others. He seems to have good energy projection durability; but from what I can gather his blunt force durabilility is only decent and his sharp instrument durability is lacking. Especially when compared to Superman and Thor.

Round 2 - Superman; Pre-52 Bloodlusted Superman has the feats and the anger to go all out, and I don't believe Thor can stand up to that.

#22 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy comes and kills them all and ends the fanboyness!

#23 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#24 Edited by Theorder14 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

Round 1 - Thor.

New-52 Superman has good strength feats, but his durability doesn't have the adequate feats I don't believe.

Meanwhile Goku; while being good in some respects, has two main weaknesses I believe. The first is his limit. Superman and Thor are simply as they are; they don't take forms and don't have a limit to those forms so while they can keep going Goku will eventually run out. The second is durability; Goku's durability doesn't seem to be on par with the others. He seems to have good energy projection durability; but from what I can gather his blunt force durabilility is only good and his sharp instrument durability is lacking. Especially when compared to Superman and Thor.

Round 2 - Superman; Pre-52 Bloodlusted Superman has the feats and the anger to go all out, and I don't believe Thor can stand up to that.

Well, it depends on which version of Goku ur using. i believe he can maintain SSJ 3 longer when he's not dead and when he's at full power.

and i've been meaning to ask for a long time but what is it that puts Superman and Thors durability far above SSJ3 Goku? swords didn't work against Goku at all so i don't see why you think his *sharp instrument durability* is lacking.

btw GT=non-canon

#25 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1

1. Thor
  2. Superman
  3. Goku

Round 2

1. Superman
  2. Goku
  3. Thor
#26 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@

@rpottage said:

Round 1 - Thor.

Meanwhile Goku; while being good in some respects, has two main weaknesses I believe. The first is his limit. Superman and Thor are simply as they are; they don't take forms and don't have a limit to those forms so while they can keep going Goku will eventually run out. The second is durability; Goku's durability doesn't seem to be on par with the others. He seems to have good energy projection durability; but from what I can gather his blunt force durabilility is only good and his sharp instrument durability is lacking. Especially when compared to Superman and Thor.

Well, it depends on which version of Goku ur using. i believe he can maintain SSJ 3 longer when he's not dead and when he's at full power.

and i've been meaning to ask for a long time but what is it that puts Superman and Thors durability far above SSJ3 Goku? swords didn't work against Goku at all so i don't see why you think his *sharp instrument durability* is lacking.

btw GT=non-canon

He has been cut before by simple things I believe; but honestly the most compelling evidence is actually simple reasoning in that he has to.
This comes in two forms:
The first is based on strength. In the series their strength is limited. At one point I believe SS2 Goku was excerting himself trying to push a mountain (which while heavy is a far cry from Thor and Superman). It reasons then that if he is injured by the physical attacks of similar beings at similar levels then his durability is going to be lower than beings who can withstand far greater forces. That's evidence of lower general durability. This is of course because Goku and other derive most of their power from Ki which is energy based so their powerful attacks are energy based (which as I said he does have good durability against).

The second is more blade specific and is wht I said he has to be. Basically; he has his tail cut off both in normal form and in Great Ape form. Both forms it's relatively easy to cut the tail of (in comparison). In order to have the tail cut off like that it has to be fairly easy to do so. While SS2 is stronger than normal; it's only 10x more powerful than Great Ape form. That makes it a far cry from the level of durability that Pre-52 Superman had where blades were typically useless unless magically enchanted or sharpened to the the size of an atom (like Persuaders Axe).

#27 Edited by Theorder14 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@

@theorder14 said:

@rpottage said:

Round 1 - Thor.

btw GT=non-canon

He has been cut before by simple things I believe; but honestly the most compelling evidence is actually simple reasoning in that he has to.

This comes in two forms:

The first is based on strength. In the series their strength is limited. At one point I believe SS2 Goku was excerting himself trying to push a mountain (which while heavy is a far cry from Thor and Superman). It reasons then that if he is injured by the physical attacks of similar beings at similar levels then his durability is going to be lower than beings who can withstand far greater forces. That's evidence of lower general durability. This is of course because Goku and other derive most of their power from Ki which is energy based so their powerful attacks are energy based (which as I said he does have good durability against).

The second is more blade specific and is wht I said he has to be. Basically; he has his tail cut off both in normal form and in Great Ape form. Both forms it's relatively easy to cut the tail of (in comparison). In order to have the tail cut off like that it has to be fairly easy to do so. While SS2 is stronger than normal; it's only 10x more powerful than Great Ape form. That makes it a far cry from the level of durability that Pre-52 Superman had where blades were typically useless unless magically enchanted or sharpened to the the size of an atom (like Persuaders Axe).

umm i have no memory of ssj2 Goku ever pushing a mountain. (movie=non-cannon)

And can you show me a scan of SSJ3 Goku being cut by *simple things* please

and why do you think Great ape form durability is = SSJ 3 durability? i belive there wasn't any ki protection used there >.>

and how is it even possible to calculate that ssj2 is 10x durability then Great ape form, i rly like to see scans please.

#28 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku should win this. Faster, comparable hitting power, durability, etc. Almost all of it goes in his favor. Strength is the only thing he's lacking compared to the others, but with greater versatility than Superman, and more speed than Thor, I'd hand it to him.

Though Thor is a close second.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#30 Edited by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@

@rpottage said:

@

@theorder14 said:

@rpottage said:

Round 1 - Thor.

btw GT=non-canon

This comes in two forms:

umm i have no memory of ssj2 Goku ever pushing a mountain. (movie=non-cannon)

And can you show me a scan of SSJ3 Goku being cut by *simple things* please

and why do you think Great ape form durability is = SSJ 3 durability? i belive there wasn't any ki protection used there >.>

and how is it even possible to calculate that ssj2 is 10x durability then Great ape form, i rly like to see scans please.

You're going to have to re-read what I said I think; because your post implies that I said Great Ape = SSJ3 < SSJ2. Which I didn't say and which of course would make no sense. Nor did I say his used Ki protection in a great ape fight. What I said is that his greatest powers are based on Ki and he's got greater durability for Ki based attacks (energy attacks). Nor did I say SS3 was cut by simple things, I said Goku had then explained the reasoning as to why such things mattered (such as how much power his increased,

As for the Mountain is was Episode 279: Battle for the Universe Begins. He was thrown into a mountain (well, small mountain, maybe about 1/3 the size of what you would normally think of as a mountain) and it took great effort for him to push the mountain apart to get out.

And why on earth would I have a scan for a calculation? That's just silly to be honest. As for how to calculate it, it's easy. SS1 is considered 50X more powerful than base. SS2 is considered 2x more powerful than SS1.
Thus SS2 = SS1 X 2, If SS1 = 50 X Base then plug that in.
SS2 = (50xBase) X (2)

SS2 = 50Base X 2

SS2 = 100Base.

Meanwhile the Great Ape form is considered 10X more powerful than Base.
If SS2 is 100 times more powerful whereas Great Ape is 10 times more powerful, then divide by 10 to find how much more powerful SS2 is over Great Ape. 100 divided by 10 is 10; which means SS2 is 10 times more powerful than Great Ape (which is what I said).

Figuring out SS3 is easy enough. It's 4 times more powerful than SS2 which makes it 40 times more powerful than Great Ape and 400 times more powerful than Base. That's all from the Daizenshuu by the way, which is considered canon.

#31 Posted by Theorder14 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: dude sry, but didn't Akira Toriyama drop the whole power level thing after Frieza saga? And ssj2 goku lifting a mountain, was that even included in the manga because i don't watch the anime. drags on too long and they show lots of fillers

i want to see durability feats of Superman and Thor that puts them far above ssj3. i mean hey, i can even lowball and show scans of Superman getting punched by on-venom batman and bleeding and ko by a rpg i believe.(don't rly remember)

anyway gonna sleep now. GN

#32 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Well he can focus his ki into one powerful hit. Also he can use this to defend himself from strong attacks.

#33 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@theorder14

: He stopped using the over 9000 stuff I believe; but the Daizenshuu was written after the series had completed.

Not lifting, pushing; two very different things. And I don't know if it was in the manga; it probably was but I'm not going to dig up old copies trying to find the issue for you when it's accepted as canon elsewhere.

Seriously? So you don't know much about Thor or Superman then I take it? Very well: Superman contains a blackhole with his hand (both strength and durability) Survived a blast that was equivillent to a million nuclear blasts. He's been thrown so hard he broke through the surface of the earth all the way to the core just from the throw then basically shrugged it off. Survived a Supernova.
As for Thor: He's taken hits from Hulk, Celestials, survived in a sun; and I believe also survived a supernova.

Those are feats for more recent Thor and Pre-52 Superman.

#34 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Well he can focus his ki into one powerful hit. Also he can use this to defend himself from strong attacks.

I already said Goku should win, I dunno why this comment was directed at me...

@rpottage said:

@theorder14

: He stopped using the over 9000 stuff I believe; but the Daizenshuu was written after the series had completed.

Not lifting, pushing; two very different things. And I don't know if it was in the manga; it probably was but I'm not going to dig up old copies trying to find the issue for you when it's accepted as canon elsewhere.

Seriously? So you don't know much about Thor or Superman then I take it? Very well: Superman contains a blackhole with his hand (both strength and durability) Survived a blast that was equivillent to a million nuclear blasts. He's been thrown so hard he broke through the surface of the earth all the way to the core just from the throw then basically shrugged it off. Survived a Supernova.

As for Thor: He's taken hits from Hulk, Celestials, survived in a sun; and I believe also survived a supernova.

Those are feats for more recent Thor and Pre-52 Superman.

Superman didn't contain a black hole, it was the seed of a black hole. He's almost been killed by a black hole before. The blast thing was from a yellow sun IIRC, so that's sort of irrelevent, I also think that was from the Superman cartoon, so also non-canon. Surviving a Supernova was way out of his standard showings. Him and Zod fought once, and he almost killed himself when he pull a hit hard enough to destroy half a moon. Destroying moons and planets is childs play to SS3 Goku, he's several times above the planet busting level.

As for lifting, even at the age of 12 Goku was able to move over 60 tons or more without much strain. As an adult, Vegeta was able to train at 300 times normal gravity. Which means if he weighs 160 pounds, he would weigh 48,000 pounds, or 24 tons. All this stuff in base form, with no power ups. There's more than that, but I don't feel like elaborating tbh.

So yes, Superman is stronger, physically, than Goku. But Goku's striking power far exceed Superman's, as well as Superman's durability.

Thor is probably the powerhouse in striking power here though. He's also physically the strongest, and easily the most durable and the most versatile. In fact, I would say Goku would have the hardest time with Thor in the end.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#35 Posted by xlab3000 (3355 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#36 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: The "seed" of a blackhole is a blackhole. Smaller blackholes are still blackholes; that's why so many people freaked out when the LHC was being built and they discovered the risk of creating micro-blackholes. Fortunately such blackholes would be so small that should they have been created they would not have been able to survive their own force and would immediately collapse in on themselves causing no harm to us. However a blackhole that can support itself is a blackhole, regardless of size.

It was from a comic and the color of the sun is irellevent since a supernova occurs after intense reactions that drastically change the star. When in DBZ did he display planet busting punches? Bearing in mind that, as per this quote/reply chain, Movies and GT are not canon and cannot be considered.

As I already said; lifting is different from pushing. He had to exert great effort pushing a mountain apart. I also somewhat question the 60 tons since, iirc, it was calculated that he was a 40 tonner at base.

#37 Posted by Marshall_Long (2394 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1

1. Goku
  2. Superman
  3. Thor

Round 2

Idk it's between Goku and Superman.

#38 Posted by Theorder14 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: No, i'm pretty sure that Goku hasn't pushed a mountain in the manga. and how is it accepted as canon elsewhere exactly?

Anyway you make it like their durability is far too much for Goku. Sure, their physical strength is superior but i don't rly think it's that much of a difference.Like Superman and Thor have high showing they also have low showings too. It's obvious that ki strikes would hurt the two of them.

#39 Posted by NeonGameWave (9060 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wins both Rounds.

#40 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, that's debatable. I've never seen Goku for one survive any large scale explosions that either Post-Crisis Superman or Thor have endured. I do agree on the aspect of being far faster in terms of combat speed but he is still relatively weaker in terms of overall strength. Not to mention any use of a large energy attack would only shorten his capability to maintain the transformation.

I know its debatable thats why i knew i was likely going to get yelled at, honestly no one has yelled at me in this thread till now :p waiting for Czarny to enter :p

Goku did punch a hole clean through King Kai's planet as SSJ3 making a hole from one end of the planet to another in the recent movie, and we know the planet is denser than Earth (albiet smaller). Thats a pretty nifty feat of strength, i dont think either Thor and Superman can contend with that kind of force for too long.

Goku can sustain his energy for quite a long time, can even increase his speed , his punches , his energy attack in short brust through Kao-ken (thats how its stated in english dub dont know what the official term is, and the word seem different in different version of the same series).

We have also seen Vegita with 2 fingers cleanly destroy a planet (granted it was a filler and that feat never appeared in comics its still written under the canon writer) of unknown size.

We also know Goku before even being SS2 was a good match for Cell, and while i dislike his hyperbole, he destroyed a planet as well, King Kai's planet again, when he made himself a bomb, in a much weaker condition, after being thrashed around by Gohan.

There seem to be pretty good evidence to suggest he is pretty powerful, its just that you wont see an outright planet busting feat from Goku himself, but people confirmed to be a lot less powerful than him have done so.

#41 Edited by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

In my opinion:

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Goku

#42 Edited by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: No, i'm pretty sure that Goku hasn't pushed a mountain in the manga. and how is it accepted as canon elsewhere exactly?

Anyway you make it like their durability is far too much for Goku. Sure, their physical strength is superior but i don't rly think it's that much of a difference.Like Superman and Thor have high showing they also have low showings too. It's obvious that ki strikes would hurt the two of them.

The anime is considered canon for Dragon Ball; and him not pushing a mountain doesn't help your case.

It is. A fist fight would have Goku going down hard as his strength and durability really aren't on par with Superman and Thor. And while his Ki attacks could do some damage, Superman and Thor have face energy attacks and explosions before. More importantly Ki attacks take time, they have to be charged up; which is more than enough time for a speedster like Superman to get out of the way or for Thor to use his Anti-force.

#43 Edited by Equonox (968 posts) - - Show Bio

You should have named this thread "fanboy showdown."

#44 Edited by Theorder14 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@theorder14 said:

The anime is considered canon for Dragon Ball; and him not pushing a mountain doesn't help your case.

It is. A fist fight would have Goku going down hard as his strength and durability really aren't on par with Superman and Thor. And while his Ki attacks could do some damage, Superman and Thor have face energy attacks and explosions before. More importantly Ki attacks take time, they have to be charged up; which is more than enough time for a speedster like Superman to get out of the way or for Thor to use his Anti-force.

okay, so you consider something that wasn't created by the original author canon? that was all i needed to know.

I don't think Superman and Thor would tag Goku that easily, He have far superior combat speed than them and not all energy beams r required to charge. and just because they charge beams doesn't mean that it's happening in real times. It's been shown and stated that dbz character fight in speed faster than what the human eye can see, so it's not like we can judge how fast they're going on-panel.+ His martial arts is far better. High skilled martial artist like Karate Kid, Goku and Iron Fist use prediction and timing against their opponents.Also, he have greater versatility than the both of them. Most people thinks that dbz characters is only capable of h2h and shooting energy beams which isn't the case. Goku have shown to adapt to different situation and he have alot of techniques he could use against his opponents but ppl seems to forget about them.

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

I know its debatable thats why i knew i was likely going to get yelled at, honestly no one has yelled at me in this thread till now :p waiting for Czarny to enter :p

Goku did punch a hole clean through King Kai's planet as SSJ3 making a hole from one end of the planet to another in the recent movie, and we know the planet is denser than Earth (albiet smaller). Thats a pretty nifty feat of strength, i dont think either Thor and Superman can contend with that kind of force for too long.

Goku can sustain his energy for quite a long time, can even increase his speed , his punches , his energy attack in short brust through Kao-ken (thats how its stated in english dub dont know what the official term is, and the word seem different in different version of the same series).

We have also seen Vegita with 2 fingers cleanly destroy a planet (granted it was a filler and that feat never appeared in comics its still written under the canon writer) of unknown size.

We also know Goku before even being SS2 was a good match for Cell, and while i dislike his hyperbole, he destroyed a planet as well, King Kai's planet again, when he made himself a bomb, in a much weaker condition, after being thrashed around by Gohan.

There seem to be pretty good evidence to suggest he is pretty powerful, its just that you wont see an outright planet busting feat from Goku himself, but people confirmed to be a lot less powerful than him have done so.

Good points all around mate, and I hope you didn't get the impression that I was "yelling" at you! :)

Now, pardon me if I am mistaken, but I don't recall King Kai's planet ever being stated to have a density greater than that of Earth. Perhaps it's said in the new film( which I haven't seen yet), but the only difference between Kai's planet and Earth is that the gravity is ten times greater, hence why Goku was able to improve so much when training to fight Vegeta and Nappa all those years ago. On top of that, King Kai's planet is a ridiculous amount smaller than Earth is as Goku was able to sprint around while training in a few seconds for fun.

I don't know if the new film has shown if Goku has mastered the SSJ3 form, or if it's even possible, but from his showings in the Buu saga where he has the most feats, it drained rather quickly the longer he attempted to sustain it and that was even further shown as he attempted high energy attacks such as the Kamehameha wave. As for Kaio-ken, Goku had dropped the use of that attack after discovering the Super Saiyan transformation. To my knowledge, he has never used it with SSJ, rather than the Other World Tournament against Pikkon in the anime (which I believe was filler).

See, that's the problem with DBZ, it's insanely inconsistant. It shows Frieza and Vegeta destroying planets at extremely low power levels, but during the Cell saga, attacks were thrown that were infinitely more powerful and only ever left massive craters in the ground (such as Vegeta's self-sustained explosion).

Goku can contend with both Thor and Superman due to SSJ3 power, and he has them outmatched in skill and combat speed, but unless the new film has altered the normal conditions that the SSJ3 transformation has on Goku's body, he has limited time before his energy starts to drain.

Thanks for the response though mate! Nice talking to you again! :)

#46 Edited by Kobra678 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1:

Goku

Superman

Thor

Round 2:

I'm not sure

#47 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

You should have named this thread "fanboy showdown."

#48 Edited by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

thor has nothing to do here.

#49 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

In general Superman takes both rounds, with Goku placing second in round 1, and 3rd in round 2. I can however envision a story where Goku and Thor team up on Superman in round one and take him down.... after all no-one's bloodlusted and Supes doesn't fight that well unless he's angry. In that case you wind up with a hell of a fight between Goku and Thor where Goku wins due mainly to his far superior speed. In round 2 with a bloodlusted Superman.... he just stomps... quickly and violently. The real question to me here is how long before Apokolips gets destroyed?

#50 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this is new 52 Superman fighting SSJ3 after DBZ BOTG, Superman dies first, Goku vs Thor is actually the fight here, since Goku doesn't have a lot of defense against magic, neither dose Superman,

Thor actually is favored to win, Goku could also win, but Superman dies first.