Superman vs Thor (movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, Superstomp (get it, superman pun... no?).

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Dayvid3

Supes

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor will always lose to Superman

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with the Man of Steel, unless of course Thor can manage to hit Supes with a lighting bolt at full power.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nalam: Thor wins by exactly that.This version of Superman barely breaks the sound barrier when flying,there is no way he is dodging lighting.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor struggled against stark

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Thor struggled against stark

Everyone know that was PIS.Also,during their "fight" it seemed like Thor wasn't getting hurt,only pushed around and Thor has a thing called morals.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta: he was getting his ass handed to him by kurse who didn't really have striking feats like Clark. Not to mention he was afraid of that cage meant to contain hulk as well as chopper bullets. While Clark was fighting nam-ek at the same time getting shot by chopper bullets.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes

TopTierGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have nothing to compare kurse and Clark's striking feats with. Kurse busted through asgardian prison shields with little effort. You can't measure that, or say that Clark would be able to do the same.

Afraid of the cage means nothing lol.

Thor took on a race of frost giants, essentially by himself, with zero fear. Does that mean anything at all??

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptiergoat:

Thor bled , superman never had a scratch

An untrained superman fougjt better than thor

Loki clearly implied fury box would kill thor

Thor escaped the box , he did not tank it.

Hr clearly could not use his hammer for a bit.

Sup speed, dureabilty , stamina and strength far surpasses. All of the avengers

Movie superman beats slowdinson

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta:

Morals?

Tell that to captain america

Thor just met him and definately would have killed him if no sheild was used.

You can cry. Pis all day

Thor is no big deal in the movies

Sorry

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: @supermankingofheroes: Even if that is true,Thor being able to zap him is the deciding factor in here.Superman is getting zapped to death,doesn't matter if he's stronger.

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: thor or slowdinson didn't die from kurse because he was saved by loki.

zack synder stated he wanted to show super speed differently. it would be the same if he showed it as quicksilver in xmen.

thor is outclassed in movie world

sorry

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

please post or detail the scene where lightening hurt movie superman.

it sure didn't hurt iron man.

go on, I will wait.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankingofheroes: Thor slodinson ? Thor hasn't even fought anyone with more speed then him yet for that nickname to even be valid .

No Superman didn't depict any travel speed superior to Thor & his only combat speed feat was bull rushing Zod . Thor also bull rushed in his movies . Faora was the only one I actually remember using some sort of combat speed which was on humans . One guy was actually close to keeping up with her (the main officer, the guy from Law & Order). MoS super speed has NOTHING on the super speed that shown in FOX's Xmen movie with Quicksilver. He'd run circles around every kryptonian in that movie . With that being said , Superman didn't show any strength or durability that outclasses Thor . So like I said , Superman would win but it's not a stomp like you're trying to make it out to be .

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPPEY ALWAYS WINS. =)

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankingofheroes: When did an untrained Superman fight better than Thor ? Thor definitely showed better fighting skills . All superman did was bull rush & punch . Did you not see Thor first movie when he was powerless ?

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Namor_Curry

Just gonna leave this here:

Loading Video...

Superman isn't going to be able to blitz Thor when he's got that windmill shit going on like he does at 0:30. And his flight speed is freaking ridiculous so I have no idea why people keep calling him slow. At 1:30 he summons a hurricane strong enough to lift the Destroyer so I don't see how Superman would be any different. Storms of large magnitudes, earthquakes, etc is nature's way of terraforming so Clark barely withstanding that doesn't really hold much substance to me. Every Marvel character's combat speed has been somewhat slow in their 1st solo film, so I take that with a grain of salt, especially when compared to his speed in the Avengers and TDW. He's reacting to pulse laser fire by the time The Avengers happens. Compare that to Superman's combat speed here! I'd wager Thor actually being the faster of the two.

Loading Video...

The way I see it, Thor roughs ups Clark with Mjolnir, body slams him and sets Mjolnir on top of his chest while he goes to get shwarma with the gang. Hell, his magic lightning alone was able to one shot 4 of those flying beasts that were impossible for Tony to even damage. And we know what happens when Superman meets magic.

The Thunderer from Asgard takes it.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Superman isn't going to be able to blitz Thor when he's got that windmill shit going on like he does at 0:30. And his flight speed is freaking ridiculous so I have no idea why people keep calling him slow. At 1:30 he summons a hurricane strong enough to lift the Destroyer so I don't see how Superman would be any different. Storms of large magnitudes, earthquakes, etc is nature's way of terraforming so Clark barely withstanding that doesn't really hold much substance to me. Every Marvel character's combat speed has been somewhat slow in their 1st solo film, so I take that with a grain of salt, especially when compared to his speed in the Avengers and TDW. He's reacting to pulse laser fire by the time The Avengers happens. Compare that to Superman's combat speed here! I'd wager Thor actually being the faster of the two.

Loading Video...

The way I see it, Thor roughs ups Clark with Mjolnir, body slams him and sets Mjolnir on top of his chest while he goes to get shwarma with the gang. Hell, his magic lightning alone was able to one shot 4 of those flying beasts that were impossible for Tony to even damage. And we know what happens when Superman meets magic.

Finally some logic.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By uugieboogie

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: I thought superman would win.... But look at @namor_curry post . Supes loses this

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#228 frozen  Moderator

Still Superman.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

This^

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Thor fought loki twice. Both times thor was no big deal in combat .

Second time loki stabbed him

Iron man easily kept fighting thor

Slow moving kurse was wrecking him until he was saved.

Sup. Was on his back and still beat 2 well trained krytonians

Sup beat a welll trained zod

Thor was only good against frost giants. The destroyer was slow and telegraphed his beam.

Movie superman solos the avengers

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namor_curry:

Captain America blocked chintari fire.

Does that mean he has fast combat speed?

Nope

Thor deflected the destroyers beam which was painfully telegraphed

Thor couldnt even catch malekith after he killed his mother

Clearly tje hammer moves musch faster without thor

Thor bled and couldnt even use his hammer for a bit.

Superman crashed from witjout a scratch

Thor is not magic nor a god in movie world

If the hulk was knocked out from a jet height and easily took a direct hit from the hammer

Sup can much easier

Superman solos the avengers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Thor pulls some new feats/abilities out of his a$$ in Age of Ultron (which I highly doubt)......still Superman

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankingofheroes: Lol proof & videos don't lie ... Your only argument was that Thor was too slow . Well superman displayed no great combat speed at all . Once again , all he did was bull rush & hit Zod a few times . Superman did NOTHING to suggest he was stronger than Thor whereas Thor CLEARLY showed he was more skilled .

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie

Lets compare

Sup eacaped the pull of a black hole

A weaker sup held a 100 ton oil tanker

Thor flipped a table with food

Swatted a 3 ton car about 15 ft.

Complete fail

Chintauri were robots, its logical lightening would hurt them.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

Now how would some one in their right mind say thor is faster.

It7 illogical, dumb, just ugh!

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankingofheroes: Aside from your horrendous spelling, it's pretty clear that this is a troll but I'll bite.

Captain America is top 5 if not the best hand to hand fighter in the marvel universe. His reaction speed increased immensely after his 1st solo film, because he created and mastered his own martial art, which blends all techniques known to man. So yes, Captain America has very fast combat speed. But this is irrelevant, because we're comparing Thor and Superman. From the films, which I linked, show Thor with faster combat speed than what Superman showed in his film.

Bringing up Thor's feat of deflecting the Destroyer's disintegration beams is a great feat for Thor.. Which side are you on? lol

Thor is indeed magical and a god in the Marvel Cinematic Universe... It's stated quite a lot.. Come on now man.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with some of this other stuff, but from what I can decipher, you're saying Superman beating 2 Kryptonians and Zod is less impressive than Thor one shotting 4 giant Chitauri beasts that Ironman couldn't damage, slaughtering Frost Giants in droves, beating his brother on several occasions, smacking around Hulk while trying to calm him down, obliterating Chitauri armies on Midgard and armies in Vanaheim including a giant rock creature, and beating Malekith. Seems legit.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermankingofheroes: Aside from your horrendous spelling, it's pretty clear that this is a troll but I'll bite.

Captain America is top 5 if not the best hand to hand fighter in the marvel universe. His reaction speed increased immensely after his 1st solo film, because he created and mastered his own martial art, which blends all techniques known to man. So yes, Captain America has very fast combat speed. But this is irrelevant, because we're comparing Thor and Superman. From the films, which I linked, show Thor with faster combat speed than what Superman showed in his film.

Bringing up Thor's feat of deflecting the Destroyer's disintegration beams is a great feat for Thor.. Which side are you on? lol

Thor is indeed magical and a god in the Marvel Cinematic Universe... It's stated quite a lot.. Come on now man.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with some of this other stuff, but from what I can decipher, you're saying Superman beating 2 Kryptonians and Zod is less impressive than Thor one shotting 4 giant Chitauri beasts that Ironman couldn't damage, slaughtering Frost Giants in droves, beating his brother on several occasions, smacking around Hulk while trying to calm him down, obliterating Chitauri armies on Midgard and armies in Vanaheim including a giant rock creature, and beating Malekith. Seems legit.

This guy nails it.

@uugieboogie

Lets compare

Sup eacaped the pull of a black hole

A weaker sup held a 100 ton oil tanker

Thor flipped a table with food

Swatted a 3 ton car about 15 ft.

Complete fail

Chintauri were robots, its logical lightening would hurt them.

When did that happen?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman... For now...

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta:

Please stop

The hulk has less dureabilty than superman

And he easily took a direct hit from the hammer

Sup solos the avengers

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta:

Thor has slow combat speed especially when he fought slow moving kurse

He was on his back doing nothing

Literally nothing

Sup was figjting zod at super travel and combat speed.

Thor literally was dazed from escaping fury box to tje point he couldnt use the hammer

From space he would be dead

Its stated even by odin themselves they are not gods and there is no magic

You have completely failed

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta:

Please stop

The hulk has less dureabilty than superman

And he easily took a direct hit from the hammer

Sup solos the avengers

You should stop.Namor showed that Thor wins in a good fight.

Superman... For now...

Why for now?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor struggled against much less I don't see this as a debate

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Noone301994
Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So much fail in these arguements. I'll just pick on two from your.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

He windmills from the side. How is that stopping him from blitzing? You have shown no reaction feats to say he can do that before Superman blitzs him and Thor doesn't really do that at the start of his battles.

How do we know how much it would take to lift the Destroyer? How is that even impressive when Superman can freaking fly and it was hinted that he could have saved his father from the tornado? And how the hell is an Earthquare going to help him against Superman. It amazes me when people blindly post a characters powers when there is no relevance to it. It's like saying someone has powerful TP in a battle when his opponent doesn't even have a brain.

Again. We don't know how fast they were going. We can see them in motion so I'll say at the speed of an arrow.

Besides the fact that Thor isn't using magic; prove that Superman is vulnerable to it. Thor doesn't even call in lightning when he fights one on one. He didn't do it to Loki. He didn't do it to Kurse. He didn't do it to Iron-Man. Hell, he didn't even do it to Malektih.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: @supermankingofheroes:

1. How was Superman weaker when he held the tanker up ?

2.When did he escape a black hole ?

3. Since when were the Chitari robots ?

4. Someone in their right mind that ACTUALLY WATCH THE MOVIES will that Superman did nothing to prove he was faster . All he did was bull rush , which is exactly the samething Thor did . Since you clearly didn't watch the movies , watch those two videos posted above .

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Did you even watch the movies?

Thor spins Mjolnir and moves it around himself.. He literally gets Mjolnir spinning in like a quarter of a second. I mentioned Thor's feats of lifting the Destroyer with the hurricane he called in/earth manipulation because people want to equate Superman being near the terraformer as relevant. It's not. To say that Thor is not as fast as Clark if not faster in combat speed is just ignoring the videos. It's right there on film. That's not debatable. What's funny is Thor did call in lightning in all the one on one fights you just called out. He did it to Ironman and overloaded his suit. He did it to Malekith and burnt half his face off. You literally must not have watched these movies, so I have no idea why you're trying to make input on this.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: You speak of things Thor doesn't do in his battles or the start of his battle but you keep talking about superman blitzing he never did that to anyone in the movie . He bull rushed Zod & punched him a few times (neither of which were that fast)

With that being said he used lightning 3 times on Malakeith... He charged the ground & had it travel thru the ground to hit him & he charged Mjolnir & threw it at him & burned his face with it . He used lightning once on Iron Man but it charged his batteries which is PIS cause that same lightning killed a Levithan & shocked 4 Chitari but whatever .

There no reaction feats for superman or any super speed combat feats & for Thor we have him blocking Pulse fire from the Chitari & blocking lasers from the Destroyer.

Skill wise Thor has WAYY better feats , superman showed NO skill at all .

It's like you ppl are thinking of comic Supes , movie Supes displayed no blitzing at all but that's what everyone here is quick to say .

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namor_curry: They're stuck on the comic versions & the movie versions. I swear I have every last one of these movies. Superman NEVER showed any super speed combat wise. All he did was bull rush he never blitzed anyone but the first thing everyone says is "Supes blitzes him" "Thor's too slow" but movie Thor showed better combat speed lol. He definitely showed more skill by far. I don't think these ppl even watched the movies & I know they didn't look at the videos you posted .