Superman vs Thor (movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@sebast_allen said:

I'll be happy to debate for Thor.

Of course you are, Thor would wreck Superman :P

Like Thor wrecked that glass case he was in?

That glass case could hold the Hulk, who wrecked a massive leviathan. Clark passed out from merely holding part of an oli rig. Thor smashing that glass is better than anything Clark has done. In fact he'd probably go through Clark easier than he did the glass.

'Oli' rigs are heavy.

In any case, he broke a guy's neck. Have Hulk or Thor that? No? Good. It shows Clark will cross a line they can't and will win.

Everyone knows the key to winning fights is being more brutal.

Thor doesn't need to resort to such medieval measures when he can use Asgardian martial arts. That's just a show of desperation on Superman's part because he couldn't get the job done like a real man.

Obviously you've never been in a real fight. Martial arts can't save someone from a broken neck. What neck durability feats does Thor have?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@sebast_allen said:

That glass case could hold the Hulk, who wrecked a massive leviathan. Clark passed out from merely holding part of an oli rig. Thor smashing that glass is better than anything Clark has done. In fact he'd probably go through Clark easier than he did the glass.

'Oli' rigs are heavy.

In any case, he broke a guy's neck. Have Hulk or Thor that? No? Good. It shows Clark will cross a line they can't and will win.

Thor doesn't need to resort to such medieval measures when he can use Asgardian martial arts. That's just a show of desperation on Superman's part because he couldn't get the job done like a real man.

Obviously you've never been in a real fight. Martial arts can't save someone from a broken neck. What neck durability feats does Thor have?

Neck durability feats? Hello? Thor is an Asgardian God. This shouldn't be difficult for anyone. Even Hulk couldn't break his neck. And Superman would get ripped a new one by Thor's magical lightning....

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@sebast_allen said:

'Oli' rigs are heavy.

Neck durability feats? Hello? Thor is an Asgardian God. This shouldn't be difficult for anyone. Even Hulk couldn't break his neck. And Superman would get ripped a new one by Thor's magical lightning....

Thor's in love with his brother, he auto-loses.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman without much trouble.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Who wants to do a Cav!!!?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wants to do a Cav!!!?

So is anyone up for a MOS vs MCU Thor Cav, I'll be happy to debate for Thor.

I'm pretty sure @theonewhoknows is trembling in his boots at this offer.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows

Hey, wanna do the Cav?

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

Wonder Woman's powers, deriving from her divine birthright as the daughter of Zeus, operate DIFFERENTLY from Kal, thus Cheetah affects Diana differently But that's neither here nor there;I have a strict policy not to get pulled in to pages long debates with unreasoning, WILLFULLY BLIND fanboys. So in the tradition of the "genius" who claimed that "the Hulk can clap and one shot Supergirl" and the "braniac" who claimed "Wonder Woman (in melee/combat prowess) isn't all that skilled" and the "Einstein" who said they "weren't impressed by Wonder Woman's FTL travel and combat speed" because "Captain America and Batman have FTL reflexes" -for holding fast to the COMICALLY wrong notions concerning Supes, magic, and combat speed superiority, sebast allen and i like swords join a very EXCLUSIVE community: the-so-far-off-base-that-conversing-with-such-a-person-further-is-pointless club!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheOneWhoKnows

You just went against your own logic, you say everyone else would be hurt by the teeth because Supes was weak to them, because they are that strong, then you get Diana, a character who's below Clark in physicals in every aspect bar speed and reactions tanking them easily, your excuse, she's different to Clark, exactly the point, Clark's different Phsiology gives him an innate weakness to Magic, but that's not the point.

You want in on the Cav, because I really wanna rustle your jimmies more. Better yet, let's make it the comic versions just so you can keep your mouth shut and stop calling everyone fanboys/fangirls. Me and you, New 52 Supes, Worthy Thor, I'll be waiting.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS wrecks

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOVIE THOR IS MUCH WEAK. HE LOSES.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joseph

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark snaps Thors neck then whines like a bitch about it

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? what did thor do to deserve an ass whopping of this magnitude?

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have some serious thor bags posting .smh

Superman showed a level of strength , durability and speed that outclasses all of the avengers .

Hulk was knocked out from jumping away from the jet .the security guard states hulk hit the ground .superman was hit from space to earth without even a scratch .thor was bleeding from hulk and from fighting malekith and kurse.

Movie thor magic has been clearly stated to not be magic .movie superman has not been exposed to magic .there is no basis to say thor lightening even hurts him. Lightening hurt chitari and powered up iron man suit .it didn't even overload the suit .funny that that black widow normal billets hurt the chitari .

Hulk punched a flying beast .no weight is stated .more importantly look how it crashed .it barely flattened cars ! No way was it heavy as hulk fan boys dream . We know the oil tanker was at least 100 tons . And that was not superman at his best because jor el after stated keep testing your limits .the best strength feat from thor was swating a 3 ton car .( and he used a hammer !)

Speed .zack sunder stated he wanted to show super speed a different way . It would correct to also show it like quicksilver in Xmen. Superman would literally overwhelm all the avengers in speed . Thor couldn't even handle slow moving kurse! It also is correct that superman can swat the hammer ( not lift it )

Anyone who thinks thor or even the avengers having a chance to beat superman is jaded fan boyism at its finest .

Movie superman curb stomps all the avengers

Stronger

Far faster

Much greater durability .

Case closed

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4
deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Movie Thor gets thrown around like a Whimp constantly and doesnt stand like a GOD at all!

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS Superman. Mjionir wont make much of a difference for Thor

MegasNexal84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By MegasNexal84

Movie Thor get's beaten around by Movie Hulk who isn't even a city buster. The Movie Krypton's were depicted as stronger and faster then Hulk.

Let alone Superman's first flight scene where he smashes through a mountain without a scratch.

Superman takes this easily.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoS. I was just told MoS is no faster than MCU Thor.. RIIIGGHHHT.

MoS was fighting two Kryptonians who were just as fast and strong as Supes.. Both would wreck Thor in a fight. Thor is not fast at all in combat. Supes is just as strong and durable if not more.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Kingant27

I've seen MOS countless times, and the way he is described here, is clearly overhyping; what speed feat makes him so untouchable?

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins with a good fight.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mos still wins.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

MOS wins here....

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#176  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Superman should take the majority..

Also just saying, but Superman's ordeal with magic and kryptonite hasn't really been addressed yet, so I'm not so sure why magic comments are being involved here, just from looking at some if the older posts.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By WastelandMan

MoS, but his speed feats outside of travel speed is nonexistent.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

mos but thor will put up a fight

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Could go either way tbh. Leaning towards Superman though.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman punches him through enough buildings that thor goes into the "thorsleep"

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? SUperman hasn't show any super speed yet so how is he going to dodge the lighting coming at him?

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks DC came up with the Speed Force as a parody of toon force?...

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Hulkage

Thor showed Comparable speed to Superman in the movie, especially the second one so where is all the MOS hype coming from.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor ftw .

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 nwname  Moderator

Movie Thor best feats :

He blocked hulks(stopped leviathan[600 tons at min] with one hand) hand with one hand (his other hand was on top of hulks)

Made a big shockwave when he hit malekith.

Made another big shockwave when he hit cap's shield.

Tanked rainbow bridges Huge explosion(it can be created mjølnir because bridge was still working) without any damage.

Mjølnir went to space from earth in 2 seconds and came back in 2-3 seconds.

One shoted 2 leviathans at the same time with lightning.

He has fast regen

Thor wins IMO

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

Movie Thor best feats :

He blocked hulks(stopped leviathan[600 tons at min] with one hand) hand with one hand (his other hand was on top of hulks)

Made a big shockwave when he hit malekith.

Made another big shockwave when he hit cap's shield.

Tanked rainbow bridges Huge explosion(it can be created mjølnir because bridge was still working) without any damage.

Mjølnir went to space from earth in 2 seconds and came back in 2-3 seconds.

One shoted 2 leviathans at the same time with lightning.

He has fast regen

Thor wins IMO

This! This version of superman has no super speed,the heat ray will do nothing to Thor. He's stronger,faster,just as durable and a better fighter(4.000+ experience).On top of it all,I do think he could just zap Superman to death.

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

Please stop embarrassing yourself

Thor was going to be killed from slow moving kurse , while superman beat 2 kryptonian sat once .

Superman showed a level of strength , durability and speed that outclasses all of the avengers .

Hulk was knocked out from jumping away from the jet .the security guard states hulk hit the ground .superman was hit from space to earth without even a scratch .thor was bleeding from hulk and from fighting malekith and kurse.

Movie thor magic has been clearly stated to not be magic .movie superman has not been exposed to magic .there is no basis to say thor lightening even hurts him. Lightening hurt chitari and powered up iron man suit .it didn't even overload the suit .funny that that black widow normal billets hurt the chitari .

Hulk punched a flying beast .no weight is stated .more importantly look how it crashed .it barely flattened cars ! No way was it heavy as hulk fan boys dream . We know the oil tanker was at least 100 tons . And that was not superman at his best because jor el after stated keep testing your limits .the best strength feat from thor was swating a 3 ton car .( and he used a hammer !)

Speed .zack sunder stated he wanted to show super speed a different way . It would correct to also show it like quicksilver in Xmen. Superman would literally overwhelm all the avengers in speed . Thor couldn't even handle slow moving kurse! It also is correct that superman can swat the hammer ( not lift it )

Anyone who thinks thor or even the avengers having a chance to beat superman is jaded fan boyism at its finest .

Movie superman curb stomps all the avengers

Stronger

Far faster

Much greater durability .

Case closed

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? SUperman hasn't show any super speed yet so how is he going to dodge the lighting coming at him?

... is this post serious?

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: The MoS Superman(wich is the version used in this battle) hasn't shown any super speed feats.The other kryptonians did,but that doesn't mean he has or knows how to use it.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: The MoS Superman(wich is the version used in this battle) hasn't shown any super speed feats.The other kryptonians did,but that doesn't mean he has or knows how to use it.

Go watch the movie again. Watch with people who have better spot checks and critical thinking skills. Have them point out when Superman moves fast.

It'll happen decently often.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I call lies on that statement. Go see the movie please, half of Superman's feats from that movie come from his speed.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#193  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I have no idea why people are asserting that Superman had no super-speed. Dodging a hail of bullets from a Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II was a testament to super-speed, and he quite clearly demonstrated levels of superhuman speed in his fight with Zod.

It's one thing to lowball a character; it's something else to actually lie about ability.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#194 frozen  Moderator

Oh, and Superman wins.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I literally just re-watched the movie.He moves fast sometimes but it is not really impressive.Also fly speed does not equal combat speed.Thor was flying at the speed of light,does that make him a faster combatant? No,not really.I will be making a case for Thor very soon.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I have no idea why people are asserting that Superman had no super-speed. Dodging a hail of bullets from a Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II was a testament to super-speed, and he quite clearly demonstrated levels of superhuman speed in his fight with Zod.

It's one thing to lowball a character; it's something else to actually lie about ability.

@frozen said:

Oh, and Superman wins.

This^

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I literally just re-watched the movie.He moves fast sometimes but it is not really impressive.Also fly speed does not equal combat speed.Thor was flying at the speed of light,does that make him a faster combatant? No,not really.I will be making a case for Thor very soon.

It's not impressive? :/ Superman was faster then any MCU hero by quite the margin. I'm not even talking fly speed.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Wut?

Where is your proof of this so-called 'magic weakness'. Kind of funny how desperate some people gets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers