"Superman Vs Thor"... and what Really went down

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By deathlife
@thedarkknight0224 said:
" @Thor's hammmer:  Might as well go for the double face palm, watch the trailer again, he says "how dare you point that pathedic weapon at THOR" not donald blake. unless of course they are screwing the entire story up... and he is Thor on earth with no powers...   Which will rank 10 on the lame o meter.. "

Dude, you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark here.

Personally, i would suggest you read Thor's origin story first. You might also want to read Ultimate Thor.

The plot and story of the Thor film is very,very similar to the comic books.
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By deathlife
@thedarkknight0224 said:
" @TheFallenOne: 

Not being mean but I really think Superman says he is the single toughest opponent I've faced to everyone.  

I mean come on, Superman's clothes aren't even tore. Doomsday and Bizarro can atleast damage his shirt. Yeah Thor messed up his cape, that's like stage 1. Superman was just being nice to the Marvelites... giving ya'll some hope.. cause that's what Superman does. He inspires hope...LOL  Now every Marvel fan is chanting Surfer! Surfer! Surfer! Man poor Superman, he just owns your heroes and gets no break or respect..    "

Yeah, Supes knocked Thor out. Big deal. Ulik the Troll has taken Thor down before.  No biggie there.

Some DC characters being more powerful than there Marvel counterparts doesn't change the fact that they are lame characters. It only helps some of their younger fans with their battle board arguments. I I mean, going by sales figures, i would pretty much say that Marvel characters have a lot more fans but that's a discussion for another forum.

What we are debating here is if both characters use their full array of powers here and if they do, Thor can win.

No big deal....being more powerful doesn't make you a better character. I mean, Aquaman and Hawkman will always be lame, no matter how powerful they are.
Avatar image for thedarkknight0224
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathlife: 

Nice, so they are screwing up Thor's oringin, I heard he won't even be a God... Gotta love Disney's influence...
Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#204  Edited By Maniac2312
@thedarkknight0224:
No Thor still thinks of and refers to  himself as Thor even in his mortal body because he is a god and still has the mentality of a god.  It's seen all the time, a mighty power with an atitude get transformed to a mortal body yet still refers to itself like it had the pwoer.  I bet right after he said that he got hit or whatever and was surprised he got hurt.  Watch the movie and find the context of the scene, I bet it will be much clearer to you then. 

As for the OP and reason for this thread, meh.  I liked the story, it was a fun read.....kinda.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Hellos
@thedarkknight0224 said:
"@deathlife:  Nice, so they are screwing up Thor's oringin, I heard he won't even be a God... Gotta love Disney's influence... "

Nothing to do with disney and he will still be Thor the God of Thunder.
ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By ShadowHuntR
@deathlife: First of all, if you take being called a fanboy an insult, maybe you should start growing up a little since that's what you showed here.

Secondly, he was posessed by Eclipso, yes but you guys CANNOT comprehend that if he was weak to magic, he would have been FRIED by the lightning of Shazam, like a human would be since he is weak to it. You guys are saying he has no resistance to it. FUNNY since if he wouldn't, he would be dead.

Thirdly, Superman has Heat Vision that were able to easily cauterize a hole in cosmos and Super Speed that would prevent Thor from even hitting him.

Stop using a what if. If you use one, let me use one too. What if Superman would phase throught EVERY lightning Thor send at him (which Superman can do), use Super Speed to hit him 300 times in a second, with strenght enought to break a little moon apart (he has much more then that but Superman would never kill Thor).

Try to counter and I'll counter with more. God, I can even use the PIS abilities of Superman called Torquasm Vo and Rao. Wanna try?

And next time, flag for something that is actually an insult.
ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By ShadowHuntR
@TheFallenOne said:
" @ShadowHuntR said:
 "
Omg, a fanboy! When are they gonna START reading a comic?!

First, Superman has MOVED more then one planet. He moved Mageddon who's size is equal to Jupiter (Jupiter is about 400 times the Earth). How about Superman lifting a book with infinite pages (Yes, Captain Marvel was helping on the feat but Ultraman, a Superman counterpart, showed to be weaker then Superman, was able to lift it by himself), etc. That alone beats anything Thor did.

Durability? Superman took out WEAKENED a blast EQUAL to 50 Supernovas. Again, that beats Thor in that departement.

Superman was able to prevent PEOPLE from teleporting in the past. I'll get the scan. But anyway, Superman flying million times faster then light speed is enought to easily beat Thor. Superman vs Thor WASN'T fan voted kid.

Fighting experience? I hope you know that Superman and Wonder Woman spent thousands of years in Asgard fighting every days. Superman was trained by Mongul, Batman, Wonder Woman and Huntress in the fighting departement. Thor doesn't have SKILLS. He goes in with Mjolnir.

For magic, Shazam is above Thor in the magic departement. When I say Shazam, I mean the magician. Oh and since you don't know, Captain Marvel << Superman. Read a comic for once or read a respect thread before writting that random stuff.

"

Fanboy !? They only fanboy here is you. 

First of all Book of infinite pages wasn't stated to have infinite weight ? So you can't base your argumnet on anything. Second Thor has a feats involving infinite weights (Odinsword stated to have), than we have a Midgar Serpent (not 100 % sure). 

Now a weakend Thor has reversed the Yggdrasil tree and that's a feat which is > anything modern Supes has done. Since Yggdrasil tree supports the 9 realms (Midgar-Earth, Asgard, Surtur's realm, Hella's realm...) And 1 world with entire dimension is >> than a single planet. And we had 9 worlds in that feat. 

A blast equal to 50 Supernovas !? Well you have some wild imagination. If you're refering to Maggedon bomb than it's a fail, since Maggedon bomb wasn't exploding while he absorbed the energies - so he didn't absorbed the explosion. As the matter of fact it was specifficly stated that he(and all of the others) will die if Maggedon bomb explodes. So he absorbed energies to drain bomb - to permite the explosion, and he recived a large power boost. Wasn't wekaned while doing. Now if you're refering to Sun-Eaters (2 occassion) well they weren't stated to be as powerfull as Super-Nova not to mention equal to 50 of them. And he never was at ground zero (in 2nd occasion when he wasn't in a suit - desined to blcok the radation it was stated that radiation (burst) will kill him and he was flying at light speed to escape bursts). And he wasn't wekened there either His greatest durability feat (not including SA Supes) is surviving of Nova by Brainiac. And Thor took a blast equal to supernova and wasn't even scathed or koed. and had zero injury. Now if we look from scientic perspective Thor's feat is much better, since he took the totality of the energy (blast was chaneled at him). On the other hand in Nova/Supernova energy is equaly dustributed in explosion which easily is severla lightyears in diameter. So the body cought in it (unless it's big or bigger than supernova) won't take the totality of energy. Superman only took part of energy proportional to his body area.  His body area <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< area of the explosion. So the energy he took (although still extremly big) was many orders of magnitude less powerfull than regular 10^44 J of Supernova.  Anyway if we ignore that (since comic writers didn't think about it) Thor's feat is still better since Nova <Supernova). Also Supes after being 1h in the Sun went insane (since he couldn't endure trhe harsh enviroment) on the other hand Thor foguht Atum in the centre of the Sun - and actually didn't had any discomfort while doing.  About slying speed - you're refering to instance in which Supes covered a distance of 25 lightyears in 1 day ? Well Thor with Mjolnir can cross galaxy in less than a day. As the matter of fact he has thrown Mjolnir from Earth to the edge of the Milky Way, and hammer went there and was back in less than 60 seconds !!! Now that's >>>> Supes traveling speed. BRB also with Stormbreaker crossed half of the galaxy in less than 1h. With Mjolnir Thor can easily blitz Supes no matter how it looks like eyes.   About reflexes Supes has a nano-second thinking feat. While Thor has a 3 times speed of light reflexes feat (less than 1 nano-second to compare it). And all living beings can think faster than they can react.   About skills. He has 1000's of years of the experience and is titled the Asgard's most skilled warrior many times and he is top swordsmen- only Asgardian God of War is equal to him in sword dueling.    With Mjolnir Thor can:  - kill Superman with several attacks (each attack is capable of killing Kal) - he can contain him - he can absorb his powers  - bfr him through time and space  - can transmute him or turn him into something - can mind controling - can beat him with planet-busting strikes and universal shaking strikes (all those feats are shown on panel and if you want i'll post them) ...  Supes vs Thor (unamred with Mjolnir) goes to Supes simply because Supes can fly on his own and Thor can't. Thor(with Mjolnir) vs Supes Thor easily, anyway it's kind of unfair match since Thor has a weaponAnd you're the one who needs to read the damn comics or respect threads before writing post. Since everything you stated in post is wrong - anyway I think that it's because you lack info on Thor and Marvel.    P.S. I'm Danilo018, this is my new acount. "

Since you don't know which feat I'm talking about maybe you could stop trying to find out and stop using lower feats. The Anti-Sun Mageddon bomb would have destroyed the Universe. Why? The Angels of Heaven were preparing the construct of a new Universe during that moment and they were afraid of what was happening down there. So we can assume that it was enought to destroy the Universe. Since when did he received a power boost? Are you making stuff up? It was ANTI-SUN energy. 

Superman was able to fly 127 million times FASTER then the Speed of Light when he came back to Earth from Vega. That's above anything Thor has in the speed departement and the fact that you even try to make Thor EQUAL to Superman shows how much you don't know about him. Seriously... putting Thor close to Superman in the speed departement? Even Thor fans give the edge to Superman. Superman's reflexes are on par with The Flash. He doesn't have the Super Speed of the Flash but his reflexes are pretty much on par with him. Superman spent more then 1000 years on Asgard with Wonder Woman helping Thor so don't bring up the experience. Don't even bring up that Thor is a God. Superman's ancestor is called Rao, the Sun God of Krypton. It is that Rao that destroyed Krypton after being convinced by Despair of the Endless.

We both know that Thor, when it comes to a fight, goes all in without thinking most of the time. Superman is a tactician and he has learned fighting skills from the best in DC like Mongul, Batman, Wonder Woman, Huntress, etc. Superman was skilled enought with pressure points and other that he was able by himself to beat Ultraman, Superwoman and Owlman with tactics only. Oh and the fight lasted on like 3 panels that's it. It ended when Superman, using pressure points on Ultraman, threw him at the face of Superwoman.

Really? Mind control Superman? You know that Martian Manhunter cannot even get inside Superman's head right? Superman now has the Torquasm abilities that prevents people from manipulating him. 

Man, you make me laugh, trying to debate on this. You can't. Not with what I see.

Thor beating Superman with Planet-Busting strikes? Really, lol? The shockwave of the punches of Superman were shattering Time and Space when he was fighting Kal-L. That's better then Planet-Busting strikes.

For Yydrasil, I suggest you go get some informations about the Mageddon feat which is pretty much Superman moving Jupiter. Jupiter = 400 times the Earth. That's much more then Yydrasil.

Infinite pages isn't infinite weight? Let's say one page lift 1lb or something. You put an infinite ammount of them and you have infinite weight. Is that hard to understand? Midgard Serpent was far from having infinite weight.

So now, again, go on either a respect thread please or read a comic of Superman. Please. I know Thor. I've been debating for a longgggg time on the Oldwizard website about who's above who in the Superhero list.
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowHuntR:
    Nice... I actually found someone on this site I actually like...lol
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos:
       Mark my words, All the asgardians will not be referred to as Gods. Not once, not ever.. They are powerful "beings" cough cough *Disney* cough cough
TheFallenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By TheFallenOne
@ShadowHuntR said:

Since you don't know which feat I'm talking about maybe you could stop trying to find out and stop using lower feats. The Anti-Sun Mageddon bomb would have destroyed the Universe. Why? The Angels of Heaven were preparing the construct of a new Universe during that moment and they were afraid of what was happening down there. So we can assume that it was enought to destroy the Universe. Since when did he received a power boost? Are you making stuff up? It was ANTI-SUN energy.  

Superman was able to fly 127 million times FASTER then the Speed of Light when he came back to Earth from Vega. That's above anything Thor has in the speed departement and the fact that you even try to make Thor EQUAL to Superman shows how much you don't know about him. Seriously... putting Thor close to Superman in the speed departement? Even Thor fans give the edge to Superman. Superman's reflexes are on par with The Flash. He doesn't have the Super Speed of the Flash but his reflexes are pretty much on par with him.  

Superman spent more then 1000 years on Asgard with Wonder Woman helping Thor so don't bring up the experience. Don't even bring up that Thor is a God. Superman's ancestor is called Rao, the Sun God of Krypton. It is that Rao that destroyed Krypton after being convinced by Despair of the Endless.  We both know that Thor, when it comes to a fight, goes all in without thinking most of the time. Superman is a tactician and he has learned fighting skills from the best in DC like Mongul, Batman, Wonder Woman, Huntress, etc. Superman was skilled enought with pressure points and other that he was able by himself to beat Ultraman, Superwoman and Owlman with tactics only. Oh and the fight lasted on like 3 panels that's it. It ended when Superman, using pressure points on Ultraman, threw him at the face of Superwoman.  Really? Mind control Superman? You know that Martian Manhunter cannot even get inside Superman's head right? Superman now has the Torquasm abilities that prevents people from manipulating him.   Man, you make me laugh, trying to debate on this. You can't. Not with what I see.  Thor beating Superman with Planet-Busting strikes? Really, lol? The shockwave of the punches of Superman were shattering Time and Space when he was fighting Kal-L. That's better then Planet-Busting strikes.  For Yydrasil, I suggest you go get some informations about the Mageddon feat which is pretty much Superman moving Jupiter. Jupiter = 400 times the Earth. That's much more then Yydrasil.  Infinite pages isn't infinite weight? Let's say one page lift 1lb or something. You put an infinite ammount of them and you have infinite weight. Is that hard to understand? Midgard Serpent was far from having infinite weight.  So now, again, go on either a respect thread please or read a comic of Superman. Please. I know Thor. I've been debating for a longgggg time on the Oldwizard website about who's above who in the Superhero list. "

Maggedon bomb a universe buster !? Hahaha don't talk nonsence. It was only stated to be powerfull enough to destroy half of the galaxy ? Who are you lying to ? Also this is how Thor deals with universe devastators 

Unfortunately I couldn't post the other scans. But this scan shows Thor containing bomb powerfull enough to destroy more than 1/5 of the universe. Bomb is titled as universe doomer  

Now for speed of Mjolnir  

Thrown to furthest reaches of the galaxy and comes back. Time less than 60 seconds. Why less than 60 seconds ? Well if they would pass Thor would turn into Donald Blake his mortal form.  so this is around 160 000 lightyears in less than 60 seconds well see how many times speed of light is that. thrown with such speed at Supes - no chance for Supes to evade it.  

Reflexes on par with Flash !? Don't make me laugh !!! Yea sure Supes casually displays ato-second and zepto-second reaction time :-).

He easily absorbed the energies of the Null Bomb (galaxy buster)  

WW and Supes spent 1000 years in Asgard !? WTF are you talking about ? That must be PC feat. Post-Crisis DC didn't shown Thor. Only in Vertigo are Asgardian gods shown and those are: Fenris, Loki and Odin I think. Dude you must be a serious liar or seriously missinformed. 

Thor has far greater fighting expirence and that;s not even questionable. So don't try to disaprove it. 

Kal -El vs Kal - L is nothing compared to this 

Felt across all planes of reality and on entire universe.  

Other users especially Buckshot (one of the most credibel users on this site) said that he was amped during that. And why have you ignored the thing on the infinite weights ? You stick on maggedon and downgrade Yggdrasil tree feat. Well this is yggdrasil tree 

This thing holds 9 dimensions. 

And about Book of Infinite pages well it wasn't stated that it has any mass. It was only stated that no one can comprehend the knowledge in it (or something similar).  

It appears that you don't know anything about Thor. Duder you got owned again.
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheFallenOne: 

Again I hate to bust your bubble, it doesn't matter. Thor hasn't beaten Superman, ever. ( We have it in print that your boy lost to big blue) So when it counted he lost. Your like all those MMA fighters and boxers who lose in primetime and say I'll beat him next time (Thor and Superman). But get beat the next time.  
Marvel is making Thor and joke and I don't know why. He can't stand with Hulk, SS or Sentry anymore... it's like they are trying to weaken him. This has been going on since Ultimates. Even with the Odin Power he didn't do anything fabulous. 

And if Thor could do all of that above then why can't he beat Hulk.. oh I know cause most of the above is PIS. Cause Thor gets owned in his own universe... why does he want to get owned in DC's?
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By deathlife
@ShadowHuntR said:
" @TheFallenOne said:
" @ShadowHuntR said:
 "
Omg, a fanboy! When are they gonna START reading a comic?!

First, Superman has MOVED more then one planet. He moved Mageddon who's size is equal to Jupiter (Jupiter is about 400 times the Earth). How about Superman lifting a book with infinite pages (Yes, Captain Marvel was helping on the feat but Ultraman, a Superman counterpart, showed to be weaker then Superman, was able to lift it by himself), etc. That alone beats anything Thor did.

Durability? Superman took out WEAKENED a blast EQUAL to 50 Supernovas. Again, that beats Thor in that departement.

Superman was able to prevent PEOPLE from teleporting in the past. I'll get the scan. But anyway, Superman flying million times faster then light speed is enought to easily beat Thor. Superman vs Thor WASN'T fan voted kid.

Fighting experience? I hope you know that Superman and Wonder Woman spent thousands of years in Asgard fighting every days. Superman was trained by Mongul, Batman, Wonder Woman and Huntress in the fighting departement. Thor doesn't have SKILLS. He goes in with Mjolnir.

For magic, Shazam is above Thor in the magic departement. When I say Shazam, I mean the magician. Oh and since you don't know, Captain Marvel << Superman. Read a comic for once or read a respect thread before writting that random stuff.

"

Fanboy !? They only fanboy here is you. 

First of all Book of infinite pages wasn't stated to have infinite weight ? So you can't base your argumnet on anything. Second Thor has a feats involving infinite weights (Odinsword stated to have), than we have a Midgar Serpent (not 100 % sure). 

Now a weakend Thor has reversed the Yggdrasil tree and that's a feat which is > anything modern Supes has done. Since Yggdrasil tree supports the 9 realms (Midgar-Earth, Asgard, Surtur's realm, Hella's realm...) And 1 world with entire dimension is >> than a single planet. And we had 9 worlds in that feat. 

A blast equal to 50 Supernovas !? Well you have some wild imagination. If you're refering to Maggedon bomb than it's a fail, since Maggedon bomb wasn't exploding while he absorbed the energies - so he didn't absorbed the explosion. As the matter of fact it was specifficly stated that he(and all of the others) will die if Maggedon bomb explodes. So he absorbed energies to drain bomb - to permite the explosion, and he recived a large power boost. Wasn't wekaned while doing. Now if you're refering to Sun-Eaters (2 occassion) well they weren't stated to be as powerfull as Super-Nova not to mention equal to 50 of them. And he never was at ground zero (in 2nd occasion when he wasn't in a suit - desined to blcok the radation it was stated that radiation (burst) will kill him and he was flying at light speed to escape bursts). And he wasn't wekened there either His greatest durability feat (not including SA Supes) is surviving of Nova by Brainiac. And Thor took a blast equal to supernova and wasn't even scathed or koed. and had zero injury. Now if we look from scientic perspective Thor's feat is much better, since he took the totality of the energy (blast was chaneled at him). On the other hand in Nova/Supernova energy is equaly dustributed in explosion which easily is severla lightyears in diameter. So the body cought in it (unless it's big or bigger than supernova) won't take the totality of energy. Superman only took part of energy proportional to his body area.  His body area <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< area of the explosion. So the energy he took (although still extremly big) was many orders of magnitude less powerfull than regular 10^44 J of Supernova.  Anyway if we ignore that (since comic writers didn't think about it) Thor's feat is still better since Nova <Supernova). Also Supes after being 1h in the Sun went insane (since he couldn't endure trhe harsh enviroment) on the other hand Thor foguht Atum in the centre of the Sun - and actually didn't had any discomfort while doing.  About slying speed - you're refering to instance in which Supes covered a distance of 25 lightyears in 1 day ? Well Thor with Mjolnir can cross galaxy in less than a day. As the matter of fact he has thrown Mjolnir from Earth to the edge of the Milky Way, and hammer went there and was back in less than 60 seconds !!! Now that's >>>> Supes traveling speed. BRB also with Stormbreaker crossed half of the galaxy in less than 1h. With Mjolnir Thor can easily blitz Supes no matter how it looks like eyes.   About reflexes Supes has a nano-second thinking feat. While Thor has a 3 times speed of light reflexes feat (less than 1 nano-second to compare it). And all living beings can think faster than they can react.   About skills. He has 1000's of years of the experience and is titled the Asgard's most skilled warrior many times and he is top swordsmen- only Asgardian God of War is equal to him in sword dueling.    With Mjolnir Thor can:  - kill Superman with several attacks (each attack is capable of killing Kal) - he can contain him - he can absorb his powers  - bfr him through time and space  - can transmute him or turn him into something - can mind controling - can beat him with planet-busting strikes and universal shaking strikes (all those feats are shown on panel and if you want i'll post them) ...  Supes vs Thor (unamred with Mjolnir) goes to Supes simply because Supes can fly on his own and Thor can't. Thor(with Mjolnir) vs Supes Thor easily, anyway it's kind of unfair match since Thor has a weaponAnd you're the one who needs to read the damn comics or respect threads before writing post. Since everything you stated in post is wrong - anyway I think that it's because you lack info on Thor and Marvel.    P.S. I'm Danilo018, this is my new acount. "
 Since you don't know which feat I'm talking about maybe you could stop trying to find out and stop using lower feats. The Anti-Sun Mageddon bomb would have destroyed the Universe. Why? The Angels of Heaven were preparing the construct of a new Universe during that moment and they were afraid of what was happening down there. So we can assume that it was enought to destroy the Universe. Since when did he received a power boost? Are you making stuff up? It was ANTI-SUN energy.   Superman was able to fly 127 million times FASTER then the Speed of Light when he came back to Earth from Vega. That's above anything Thor has in the speed departement and the fact that you even try to make Thor EQUAL to Superman shows how much you don't know about him. Seriously... putting Thor close to Superman in the speed departement? Even Thor fans give the edge to Superman. Superman's reflexes are on par with The Flash. He doesn't have the Super Speed of the Flash but his reflexes are pretty much on par with him. Superman spent more then 1000 years on Asgard with Wonder Woman helping Thor so don't bring up the experience. Don't even bring up that Thor is a God. Superman's ancestor is called Rao, the Sun God of Krypton. It is that Rao that destroyed Krypton after being convinced by Despair of the Endless.  We both know that Thor, when it comes to a fight, goes all in without thinking most of the time. Superman is a tactician and he has learned fighting skills from the best in DC like Mongul, Batman, Wonder Woman, Huntress, etc. Superman was skilled enought with pressure points and other that he was able by himself to beat Ultraman, Superwoman and Owlman with tactics only. Oh and the fight lasted on like 3 panels that's it. It ended when Superman, using pressure points on Ultraman, threw him at the face of Superwoman.  Really? Mind control Superman? You know that Martian Manhunter cannot even get inside Superman's head right? Superman now has the Torquasm abilities that prevents people from manipulating him.   Man, you make me laugh, trying to debate on this. You can't. Not with what I see.  Thor beating Superman with Planet-Busting strikes? Really, lol? The shockwave of the punches of Superman were shattering Time and Space when he was fighting Kal-L. That's better then Planet-Busting strikes.  For Yydrasil, I suggest you go get some informations about the Mageddon feat which is pretty much Superman moving Jupiter. Jupiter = 400 times the Earth. That's much more then Yydrasil.  Infinite pages isn't infinite weight? Let's say one page lift 1lb or something. You put an infinite ammount of them and you have infinite weight. Is that hard to understand? Midgard Serpent was far from having infinite weight.  So now, again, go on either a respect thread please or read a comic of Superman. Please. I know Thor. I've been debating for a longgggg time on the Oldwizard website about who's above who in the Superhero list. "

Dude, i am still flagging you.

Like i said earlier, if you love Superman this much to start calling people words, you need to grow up. Argue with points and not the "stop being a fanboy" argument. Like how old are you? 12...13? 

You showed you have absolutely no comprehension skills because you brought up points that are completely irrelevant to what i said earlier.  Or maybe you're getting emotional by your love for Superman.

I made a point about Thor generating a mega lightning bolt and you came up with some ridiculous rant. You really need to get it together son. Superman is not your God.

Superman can move at superspeed and dodge the lightning bolt but if he is trapped in the cosmic storm, his movement will be restricted.

Do you have a scan or am issue number or even the story arc of Superman flying 127 million times the speed of light? If you don't then you are making stuff up.
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathlife:
         Yeah name calling= not cool, 

However I would like to point out that speed is irrelevant, it's not like Thor or Superman is going to fight a warp factor 9. They don't fight like that in the comics they just don't. Superman fights with Super speed alot more than I've ever seen Thor do it. They are both great comic characters, it's just Thor is outclasses. He got beat by Superman, and would again, no matter what feats or "powers" one may show...  

When it counted Thor lost. End of Story...
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By deathlife
@thedarkknight0224 said:
" @deathlife:          Yeah name calling= not cool,  However I would like to point out that speed is irrelevant, it's not like Thor or Superman is going to fight a warp factor 9. They don't fight like that in the comics they just don't. Superman fights with Super speed alot more than I've ever seen Thor do it. They are both great comic characters, it's just Thor is outclasses. He got beat by Superman, and would again, no matter what feats or "powers" one may show...   When it counted Thor lost. End of Story... "

Well, i will disagree with you that when it counted Thor lost.

That was a crossover determined by two individuals (Kurt Busiek and Tom Brevoort).  It's also a crossover that's cannon to DC and not to Marvel (apparently Mr Geoff Johns seems to feel the need to retcon the story out of existence).

Many a comic writer would even disagree with it like Peter David or Michael Avon Oeming who actually believes that the Thor he wrote would beat Superman to death. 

I also wouldn't make JLA/Avengers a point of reference because with the exception of Superman, the series didn't really depict the DC characters as being very powerful or awesome.

Things we can take away from JLA/Avengers:

Hawkeye proved he's a better archer than Green Arrow.
Photon will eventually own a Green Lantern in an extended fight.
Scarlet Witch is more powerful than the entire JLA put together.
She-Hulk is much more powerful than Aquaman.
Captain America will own Batman in a fight. 
Iron Man will completely own Captain Atom (even though it happened off panel, just like Batman completely owning the Punisher off panel)
Thor one-shots Doomsday (the person that killed Superman) in issue 4 of the series.

For those that actually read the crossover, you would see that it really didn't portray DC characters in such a good light with the exception of Superman. Even at that, there was a caveat there when Thor says he has a measure of Supes and another fight between them would be quite different. 

THAT SIMPLY MEANS THAT WRITER IS SAYING THAT THE FIGHTS BETWEEN THE TWO CAN GO EITHER WAY

I have stated earlier in the threads that Supes will win this fight, 6 out of 10 times. However, Thor has energy manipulation powers far above Supes and he can do serious damage to him with it.

That being said, Thor can beat Supes and Supes can beat Thor.
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathlife:
      Wow... so much for playing nice.... 

Not only does Thor not stand a chance against Superman, he didn't so there. 

Second JLA/Avengers is only cannon to DC... yeah sounds like sore loser excuses yet again.

What we really learned from JLA/Avengers is...

Yeah I'll give Hawkeye over GA because of the solider serum...

Green Lantern wouldn't have to fight an extended fight with Photon, cause it wouldn't last that long

Scarlet Witch got more powerful in the DC UNIVERSE, which means she's next to pathedic in her own. (Also meaning DC magic is 10x as strong as Marvels)

She-Hulk is stronger than Aquaman, and she should be. But under water, he'd own her. (and Namor)

Batman said it is fesible Captain could beat him, but it would take for ever. And that's if Batman didn't cheat. (and he already had neutralized Caps biggest advantage his shield) 
Iron Man vs Captain Atom...plz... Atom could unleash so much energy on Iron man it would overload his suit. (make a thread I dare you) 
That Doomsday was most likely one of Darkseid's Doomsday robots. Not the real thing. B/C the real doomsday would have owned everyone there. Including Thor.. so don't get a big head over it.  (again make a thread, I dare you)

And finally, all the DC people got significantly weaker, in the Marvel universe... and let's ask why... UM SO the MARVEL PPL would stand a chance. DUH!! I mean they took Flash completly down to useless and SW gets stronger.. yeah that's fair. Because one on one there's nothing the AVENGERS could do against the League unless they were weakened and the Avengers were powered up. 

If anything it shows that Marvel is truely weaker than DC.

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By deathlife
@thedarkknight0224 said:
"

@deathlife:
      Wow... so much for playing nice.... 

Not only does Thor not stand a chance against Superman, he didn't so there. 

Second JLA/Avengers is only cannon to DC... yeah sounds like sore loser excuses yet again.

What we really learned from JLA/Avengers is...

Yeah I'll give Hawkeye over GA because of the solider serum...

Green Lantern wouldn't have to fight an extended fight with Photon, cause it wouldn't last that long

Scarlet Witch got more powerful in the DC UNIVERSE, which means she's next to pathedic in her own. (Also meaning DC magic is 10x as strong as Marvels)

She-Hulk is stronger than Aquaman, and she should be. But under water, he'd own her. (and Namor)

Batman said it is fesible Captain could beat him, but it would take for ever. And that's if Batman didn't cheat. (and he already had neutralized Caps biggest advantage his shield) 
Iron Man vs Captain Atom...plz... Atom could unleash so much energy on Iron man it would overload his suit. (make a thread I dare you) 
That Doomsday was most likely one of Darkseid's Doomsday robots. Not the real thing. B/C the real doomsday would have owned everyone there. Including Thor.. so don't get a big head over it.  (again make a thread, I dare you)

And finally, all the DC people got significantly weaker, in the Marvel universe... and let's ask why... UM SO the MARVEL PPL would stand a chance. DUH!! I mean they took Flash completly down to useless and SW gets stronger.. yeah that's fair. Because one on one there's nothing the AVENGERS could do against the League unless they were weakened and the Avengers were powered up. 

If anything it shows that Marvel is truely weaker than DC.

"

Well, you brought in JLA/Avengers not me. Going by that crossover (with the exception of Superman) that Marvel characters were just plain better. This is most likely as a result of the crossover being written by Kurt Busiek (who was writing Avengers at the time). Personally, i wouldn't theorize about what happened in the crossover because everything was pretty explicit.

Photon was manipulating GL's energy effortlessly. It was coming pretty close to total ownage (again, this happened on panel, it wasn't suggested by me)

Going by your logic, Superman didn't beat Thor, he beat a "Thor" robot...come on. You can't pick and choose parts of the crossover that suit your argument. Thor smacked Doomsday in JLA/Avengers, if it's cannon to DC, then heck...who are we to decide what goes in and what doesn't?

Hawkeye doesn't have a super soldier serum, he was Goliath once but now he is completely powerless. The crossover just showed he was a better archer.

Batman said it himself that Captain America would take him but it might take a while. Captain America's physical stats are more than enough to take down Bats, he didn't need his shield.  That's probably why Bats said Cap would take him.

Just like Supes physical stats was enough to take out Thor and Thor had enough to knock out Doomsday. 

Iron Man said it himself that he "beat up" Captain Atom. Again, i didn't write it (just like i didn't write the Superman/Thor fight.

I don't need to start a thread...it's in print (if i were to use your argument).

Do you see the point i am making here? Crossovers are meaningless in battle forums because there are so many....issues with them.

However, if you want to continue to use it in the debate...i have no problem with that. JLA/Avengers just showed that the Marvel characters were more awesome and had better leadership skills considering the fact that the combined force was lead by Captain America.
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathlife: 

Now your nickpicking?  

I don't recall Iron Man saying he could or he beat up Captain Atom. Ever, but I seriously doubt he could. For that matter, I beat up Thanos once.. do you believe me?  

Captain America's strength is peak human, so is Batman's. And the only reason Capt was the leader of the fight is because Batman was more useful in the fight than Cap. ( I know they said he is a better tactian, but isn't he a better soldier? I mean thats emasculating right?)

And I was just stating facts. If the real DOOMSDAY was in fact in the fight, then he would have destroyied everyone. Make a thread Thor vs Doomsday, and everyone will say DOOMSDAY. There are in fact Doomsday robots in the DCU. So to one shot Doomsday can only logically mean it wasn't the real DOOMSDAY.  

Not pushing your buttons but DOOMSDAY would own HULK, and Thor in the same fight. It's not even debatible make either thread and eveyone will tell you as such. Same goes for Iron man vs Captain Atom, it's a joke. 

I mean how many threads have there been of JLA vs Avengers, and everyone of them the League own the Avengers. I know your a Marvel fan but be realistic.   

I like the Avengers.. I really do, but they have never will/ never have been able to keep up with the League. And deep down you know it. Just look at the start of the book. The League made Terminus kill himself. the Avengers almost lost to Starro. And only succeeded in running him off. It's the way things are

And for the love of God stop whining cause your boy lost. Thor loses all the time. Suck it up man, and have some pride. You lost. Build a rainbow bridge and get over it.    
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By deathlife
@thedarkknight0224 said:
"
@deathlife:  Now your nickpicking?   I don't recall Iron Man saying he could or he beat up Captain Atom. Ever, but I seriously doubt he could. For that matter, I beat up Thanos once.. do you believe me?   Captain America's strength is peak human, so is Batman's. And the only reason Capt was the leader of the fight is because Batman was more useful in the fight than Cap. ( I know they said he is a better tactian, but isn't he a better soldier? I mean thats emasculating right?) And I was just stating facts. If the real DOOMSDAY was in fact in the fight, then he would have destroyied everyone. Make a thread Thor vs Doomsday, and everyone will say DOOMSDAY. There are in fact Doomsday robots in the DCU. So to one shot Doomsday can only logically mean it wasn't the real DOOMSDAY.   Not pushing your buttons but DOOMSDAY would own HULK, and Thor in the same fight. It's not even debatible make either thread and eveyone will tell you as such. Same goes for Iron man vs Captain Atom, it's a joke.  I mean how many threads have there been of JLA vs Avengers, and everyone of them the League own the Avengers. I know your a Marvel fan but be realistic.    I like the Avengers.. I really do, but they have never will/ never have been able to keep up with the League. And deep down you know it. Just look at the start of the book. The League made Terminus kill himself. the Avengers almost lost to Starro. And only succeeded in running him off. It's the way things are And for the love of God stop whining cause your boy lost. Thor loses all the time. Suck it up man, and have some pride. You lost. Build a rainbow bridge and get over it.     "

LOL!!

Dude.....calm down...no need to get worked up over it..i didn't write JLA/Avengers...Kurt Busiek did. LOL!! 

You brought up JLA/Avengers...i am arguing with your own points.

Since we have all accepted that Thor lost there (myself included), what's so hard to accept that Doomsday lost to Thor too?  Because you believe Thor and Hulk together. apparently the writer of that comic doesn't agree.

Thor will own Doomsday and he did in JLA/Avengers. Sorry if you didn't like it, it doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Captain America was elected leader by the two teams that included Batman and Superman. No mention of him being more useful in the fight...no need to make up facts.  

The irony of this all is that Thor isn't even my favourite Avenger (as my argument is now revealing) but like i said earlier, i am simply going to continue to use facts to argue.

If the facts don't suit your case, don't bring them up. All you will do is get angry, start throwing names and not get anywhere.
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By deathlife
@thedarkknight0224 said:

"
  I like the Avengers.. I really do, but they have never will/ never have been able to keep up with the League. And deep down you know it. Just look at the start of the book. The League made Terminus kill himself. the Avengers almost lost to Starro. And only succeeded in running him off. It's the way things are And for the love of God stop whining cause your boy lost. Thor loses all the time. Suck it up man, and have some pride. You lost. Build a rainbow bridge and get over it.     "

Yep Thor loses all the time...no problem there. 

However, JLA/Avengers made the Avengers look better. 

Not to mention Thor owning Doomsday after he lost to Superman was the bomb.

P.S  What's up with me starting a Thor vs Doomsday thread??  There is already a Thor vs Doomsday thread here that went nowhere. Anyways, i'm off this thread to re-read JLA/Avengers..so much goodness for Marvel fans...later bro, i'm outta here...
TheFallenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By TheFallenOne
@thedarkknight0224 said:
"@TheFallenOne:      Again I hate to bust your bubble, it doesn't matter. Thor hasn't beaten Superman, ever. ( We have it in print that your boy lost to big blue) So when it counted he lost. Your like all those MMA fighters and boxers who lose in primetime and say I'll beat him next time (Thor and Superman). But get beat the next time.  Marvel is making Thor and joke and I don't know why. He can't stand with Hulk, SS or Sentry anymore... it's like they are trying to weaken him. This has been going on since Ultimates. Even with the Odin Power he didn't do anything fabulous.  And if Thor could do all of that above then why can't he beat Hulk.. oh I know cause most of the above is PIS. Cause Thor gets owned in his own universe... why does he want to get owned in DC's? "

It's obvious that you don't know anything about the Thor, since you're using non-cannon material and posting some ridiculus statements. For the most recent of Thor I suggest you to read Chaos War. 

and the fact is that Supes has far worse and far more low showings than Thor. I mean getting owne by Toyman's constructs is and overkill.
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Superman.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Valtot
@comicdude23:
lol this isnt a debate it was just talking about the cross over for some reason these people are debating
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathlife: 

I didn't call you any names that other dude did however... 

Oh and I am glad your holding on to the victory over Doomsday, cause it's all you have... 

And I will go re read JLA/Avengers... cause I especially like the part where Superman is the last one standing... so much delusions for Marvel fans...