Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#101  Edited By xxxddd

@Jayfournines said:

Thor has no prep feats that I know of.

Thor can simply get the Destroyer Armor. No amount of reading is going to allow him to take down that thing.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Jayfournines

@xxxddd said:

@Jayfournines said:

for the love of crap, let's try to stay objective here

What is your argument, then?

@Jayfournines said:

Superman all three instances. A sundipped Superman would outclass Thor in every physical aspect.

The prep battle is a bit different. Thor has no prep feats that I know of. Clark on the other hand does, and we must consider he's a very smart man, who can read books in a second, who's a pulitzer winning investigative reporter and so on; so, I give it to Supes.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Jayfournines

@xxxddd said:

@Jayfournines said:

Thor can simply get the Destroyer Armor. No amount of reading is going to allow him to take down that thing.

Sure, but how would that help getting thrown into the phantom zone?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#104  Edited By Saren

@BigCimmerian said:

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian: im 24 and i have been reading comics my whole life and no matter how much you lie and ignore the facts it will not change a thing. superman has beat thor and superman would beat thor i gave you the truth you can chose to accept it if you want.

If you're not little kid, then you are ignorant, there is absolutely no evidence that Mjolnir increase Thor's strength, Thor moved World Tree engine without his hammer, and that engine is holding the 9 worlds. Thor can fly without his hammer by controlling the winds, and he smashed planets before with his strength. And Hulk has never defeated Thor in the canon, last time they fought Thor punched him in the space and it was amped version of Hulk.

The World Tree links the nine worlds, it does not hold them. If you seriously think Thor can move nine worlds solo, I would dearly love to hear the explanation as to why he needed both the Odin Force and Beta Ray Bill's help just to lift Asgard. Thor cannot fly without his hammer, he can only hover or descend to the ground. He cannot move through the air. When his hammer was broken after killing Bor, he could only leap from place to place. Thor has only ever smashed a planet once, in a showing where he had an ambiguous amp, and Hulk has defeated Thor cleanly in Let the Battle Begin. The last time they fought, Hulk caught Thor's arm and one-shotted him with his own hammer.

Seriously, I don't think arguments on any other character's threads get more tediously wrong or out of context the way they do on Thor's.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#105  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CitizenBane:

The last time they fought, Hulk caught Thor's arm and one-shotted him with his own hammer.

Talking about Avengers Assemble or am I missing something?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Saren

@god_spawn said:

@CitizenBane:

The last time they fought, Hulk caught Thor's arm and one-shotted him with his own hammer.

Talking about Avengers Assemble or am I missing something?

Same.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@CitizenBane:

That shows the quality of comic lol :)

They keep finding loop holes.. You don't need to be worthy to lift thor's arm :o

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CitizenBane: Did they even fight in that series? I skimmed a bit of a few issues at the shop and saw various scans, so I'm not completely up to date on the series. I believe it was issue 4 and I just remember Hulk falling under Thanos' control and then grabbed Thor's arm mid swing in an attack towards Thanos and getting blasted in the face and getting KO'd or stunned for awhile before picking himself back up. I wouldn't call it a fight but I'm arguing semantics and more of a demonstration of Hulk's strength. Even then, not sure how I felt about it and some other things in the series. Kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@CitizenBane:

They keep finding loop holes.. You don't need to be worthy to lift thor's arm :o

Not the first time it happened either. Hulk did it in Let the Battle Begin.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Saren

@god_spawn: Wasn't exactly a fight, more of an encounter I guess. And yeah, that series was pretty crappy --- four issues later, a talking tree managed to hurt Thanos.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CitizenBane: I am Groot.

But yeah, I'd personally look at everything in that series with a grain of salt then. I don't feel right about Hulk really one shotting Thor like that tbh. I don't know where you stand on it though. At least in Let the Battle Begin, he took a few hits to the face before falling lol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: He just grabbed Thor's hand and Thor kind of stood there for a sec. Then Hulk....smashed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Saren

@god_spawn: I don't believe that showing is actually proof of anything. BigCimmerian said Thor and Hulk's last encounter was in Fear Itself #5, so I pointed out that their most recent encounter was actually in Avengers Assemble #4. Bendis generally has a low opinion of Thor's capabilities judging from his writing. In the current arc of New Avengers, Brother Voodoo possessed Thing and smacked Thor away using his body, and in the most recent issue of Avengers, Thor was beaten up by a centaur villain guy with a ray gun and the very next page, that same centaur villain guy was getting beaten up by Captain America. Plus in that same arc of Avengers Assemble, Thor got stomped by some fodder Badoon with ray guns just one page before those same Badoon were all beaten up by Hulk.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CitizenBane: Fair enough. I just didn't know if you were using it as a legit feat cause I don't really think it is and I was surprised if you were. And yeah, Bendis really does seem to have a low opinion of Thor.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Count Bleck

@CitizenBane said:

@god_spawn: I don't believe that showing is actually proof of anything. BigCimmerian said Thor and Hulk's last encounter was in Fear Itself #5, so I pointed out that their most recent encounter was actually in Avengers Assemble #4. Bendis generally has a low opinion of Thor's capabilities judging from his writing. In the current arc of New Avengers, Brother Voodoo possessed Thing and smacked Thor away using his body, and in the most recent issue of Avengers, Thor was beaten up by a centaur villain guy with a ray gun and the very next page, that same centaur villain guy was getting beaten up by Captain America. Plus in that same arc of Avengers Assemble, Thor got stomped by some fodder Badoon with ray guns just one page before those same Badoon were all beaten up by Hulk.

And this is why we all hate Bendis.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Hyper_God

@TheAcidSkull said:

same. Despite me wanting hulk to beat thor, Hulk one-shotting him was just bad writing......

did hulk lift mjolir? i don't remember, i think he grabbed thors hand, so technically thor was holding it right?

Hulk used Thor's own hand/arm to bludgeon him with Mjolnir .

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By afueikawa

@The_Soverighn said:

I Know This Has Been Done Before But This Is Different I Swear

Rules

Round One

No Prep

Superman: One Hour Sun Dip

Thor Fresh and Ready For Battle

In Character

Win By Death, K.O or Surrender

Round Two

One Day Prep

Superman: Fortes of Solitude Prep Help

Thor: Asgard and Manchester God Prep Help

In Character

Win By Death, K.O or Surrender

Round Three

No Prep

Superman One Day Sun Dipped

Thor Fresh and Ready For Battle

Morals Off

Blood Lusted

Win By Death.OK

Opponents

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1 & 3:

Sounds unfair, since you said that No Prep and then say Sups got 1 day sun dipped? (sounds like a prep to me)

Round 2:

Thor stomps. Why?

1. Odin Force + Destroyer Armor (Or gugnir for that matter)

2. Kryptonites

Green which weakens or even kill Sups. No Fortress prep can make him invulnerable to that.

Could be a stalemate though if Thor mistakenly brings pink kryptonite.

No Caption Provided

And then you'll get a conversation between them like this:

No Caption Provided

LMAO.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By bigcimmerian

@CitizenBane said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@DCsuperman0007 said:

@BigCimmerian: im 24 and i have been reading comics my whole life and no matter how much you lie and ignore the facts it will not change a thing. superman has beat thor and superman would beat thor i gave you the truth you can chose to accept it if you want.

If you're not little kid, then you are ignorant, there is absolutely no evidence that Mjolnir increase Thor's strength, Thor moved World Tree engine without his hammer, and that engine is holding the 9 worlds. Thor can fly without his hammer by controlling the winds, and he smashed planets before with his strength. And Hulk has never defeated Thor in the canon, last time they fought Thor punched him in the space and it was amped version of Hulk.

The World Tree links the nine worlds, it does not hold them. If you seriously think Thor can move nine worlds solo, I would dearly love to hear the explanation as to why he needed both the Odin Force and Beta Ray Bill's help just to lift Asgard. Thor cannot fly without his hammer, he can only hover or descend to the ground. He cannot move through the air. When his hammer was broken after killing Bor, he could only leap from place to place. Thor has only ever smashed a planet once, in a showing where he had an ambiguous amp, and Hulk has defeated Thor cleanly in Let the Battle Begin. The last time they fought, Hulk caught Thor's arm and one-shotted him with his own hammer.

Seriously, I don't think arguments on any other character's threads get more tediously wrong or out of context the way they do on Thor's.

I know everything you said, ok then what was the thing he moved? Thor can fly in the same manner as Storm. He smashed planet once, but his equal Beta Ray Bill smashed it several times, in Avengers Assemble Thanos felt the punch of Thing and Captain's shield, that is a series I try to ignore. Hulk was also one shotted by Thor in one instance with lightning.

Tell me what is this?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Jayfournines said:

@xxxddd said:

@Jayfournines said:

Thor can teleport.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TheDude123

The only problem is that Superman can wield Mjolnir. This may cause some problems for the Odinson in all three rounds.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Saren

@BigCimmerian said:

@CitizenBane said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@DCsuperman0007 said:

I know everything you said, ok then what was the thing he moved? Thor can fly in the same manner as Storm. He smashed planet once, but his equal Beta Ray Bill smashed it several times, in Avengers Assemble Thanos felt the punch of Thing and Captain's shield, that is a series I try to ignore. Hulk was also one shotted by Thor in one instance with lightning.

Tell me what is this?

The World Tree. What is the problem here? You're saying Thor moved the World Tree and therefore moved nine worlds, but the World Tree links nine worlds, it does not carry them. And again, if Thor can move nine worlds solo, why did he need Beta Ray Bill's help to lift just Asgard, even with the Odin Force? Thor cannot fly without his hammer. I can show you the scans of him jumping from place to place with his broken hammer if you want. Beta Ray Bill's physical feats are not transferable to Thor. Bill's physiology is completely different. He's a Korbinite cyborg, Thor is an Asgardian. The power they can channel through their hammers may be the same, but I see no reason why their striking ability would be identical as well. Setting aside Avengers Assemble, there's still Let the Battle Begin, where Hulk humiliated Thor. So your claim that Hulk has never beaten Thor in canon is false.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By bigcimmerian

@CitizenBane said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@CitizenBane said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@DCsuperman0007 said:

Tell me what is this?

The World Tree. What is the problem here? You're saying Thor moved the World Tree and therefore moved nine worlds, but the World Tree links nine worlds, it does not carry them. And again, if Thor can move nine worlds solo, why did he need Beta Ray Bill's help to lift just Asgard, even with the Odin Force? Thor cannot fly without his hammer. I can show you the scans of him jumping from place to place with his broken hammer if you want. Beta Ray Bill's physical feats are not transferable to Thor. Bill's physiology is completely different. He's a Korbinite cyborg, Thor is an Asgardian. The power they can channel through their hammers may be the same, but I see no reason why their striking ability would be identical as well. Setting aside Avengers Assemble, there's still Let the Battle Begin, where Hulk humiliated Thor. So your claim that Hulk has never beaten Thor in canon is false.

How big do you think The World Tree is? It looked like Thor had to put some big effort to move it. Thor and Bill were always considered to be equals.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#125  Edited By TheCannon

@Ruzlok said:

r1: Superman, because in character Thor would hold too much back at the start of the fight.

r2: Thor, because Thor will likely learn about Superman and realize he doen't need to hold back as much. Thor may even bring the belt of strength for a 100% boost.

r3: Thor. A bloodlusted Thor goes into Warrior Madness and is 1000% stronger. He can't lose.

This.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Saren

@BigCimmerian said:

How big do you think The World Tree is? It looked like Thor had to put some big effort to move it. Thor and Bill were always considered to be equals.

I don't know. This is exactly why I said Superman is stronger than Thor, because Superman measures his strength against things with defined physical attributes. Superman helps pull the Earth? We know exactly how much the Earth weighs. Superman cleaves through a moon of Saturn? We know how much that weighs. Superman destroys a facsimile of the moon? We know how much that weighs. In contrast, with Thor's strength you have to make ridiculous assumptions about how much the Midgard Serpent weighs or how much the World Tree weighs and there's never any proof that any one set of calculations is right, because no one knows how much the damn thing is supposed to weigh. Thor's strength is subject to interpretation in a way that Superman's is not.

Thor and Bill were always considered to be equals.

In terms of power, sure. In terms of strength? Thor's strength is innate and independent of his hammer. Bill's strength is a result of Korbinite engineering.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#127  Edited By xxxddd

@Jayfournines said:

Why would Superman throw Thor into the phantom zone?

And even if Superman did do that, Thor's hammer has the ability to teleport to any location he desires. If Thor gets thrown into the Phantom Zone, he can simply teleport out.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Jayfournines

@xxxddd said:

@Jayfournines said:

Why would Superman throw Thor into the phantom zone?

And even if Superman did do that, Thor's hammer has the ability to teleport to any location he desires. If Thor gets thrown into the Phantom Zone, he can simply teleport out.

Yup, that is something BigCimmerian just told me.

Also, why wouldn't he try to throw him in the phantom zone? (btw we are talking about the second round, the one with prep, right?)

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129  Edited By minigunman123

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Another Thor vs Superman battle..

Batman Wins

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@god_spawn said:

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@CitizenBane:

Not the first time it happened either. Hulk did it in Let the Battle Begin.

I am not saying you are wrong, but isn't it odd that someone who can't lift a hammer can lift a guy's hand + hammer, against his will?

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Hoenhime

Round one is Superman. Sundipped superman is just too powerful and also,thor would hold back his full power,he doesn't use all his abilities against enemies he doesn't know(his morals are onn in this round). Round two is Thor. Superman might be much smarter,but thor is a god and has way more resources than supes,so winner of r2 is thor. Round three is also Thor. Warrior madness thor is way overpowered,even more than bloodlusted superman.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Postacrat

@CitizenBane said:

@throughmyeyez said:

Thor,

In Ragnarok, caused an entire crater and created a sunami with a single blow. Able to hurt Thanos physically, even when he had the IG, Thor escaped from a black hole, can travel faster than light, has hurt galactus, can teleport with his hammer, lifted asgard, transformed into RKT and has complete control over time, and surpassed his father, whom was a galaxy buster, and the ones who sit in darkness, which are celestials.

Need i go on with thor feats?

Thor >> Superman

You do realize most of these are either unimpressive or out of context or just plain false, right? Thor has only ever hurt weaker versions of Thanos. He's never (to my knowledge) hurt Thanos with the IG, and there are Thanosi who have no-sold all his attacks. Superman can escape a black hole and travel faster than light as well. Thor has also only been able to hurt weakened versions of Galactus. Most recently, in The Mighty Thor Annual, Thor godblasted Galactus while channeling extra energy from the Silver Surfer and Rachel Geist. Galan wasn't even scratched. How is teleporting relevant, given that it is something Thor rarely (even for him) ever does? Why would Thor lifting a city (especially since he had the Odin Force and Beta Ray Bill's help while doing it) put him beyond Superman? Why does Rune King Thor enter the picture here (and side note: why do Thor fans always bring up irrelevant versions of Thor into a discussion? Seriously.) Thor lost his control over time in Avengers Forever #8 and he's never recovered it since. The feats of RKT are irrelevant to this discussion.

Superman is at least a bit stronger (and here I'm primarily going off Superman's strength being measured against quantifiable celestial bodies in contrast to Thor's strength primarily being measured against mythical serpents and magical trees and all sorts of nonsense that leads to a great deal of ambiguity) and vastly faster. But please, do go on with Thor feats.

Bane I solute you! If you pick up a superman book every month you see Superman committing the same feats of strength, speed, durability, versatility, and intelligence on a regular basis. You don't have to go back and find decade old scan's of mythological feats that rarely happen if at all and are entirely too difficult to Quantify. You don't have to bring up an alternate version of Superman, or bring up instances when Superman had a temporary power boost for him to win. Just go pick up a book and I guarantee Superman will show you 85% of the time that he's a power house, while in comics it's hard to tell exactly what it is Thor can do without that hammer saving his a** all the time. I have yet to see somebody use feats other than that Midgard Serpant or that tree of Yaddi, but the truth is those scan's are old, what has Thor done recently that put's him on Superman's level?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Saren

@Postacrat: I've honestly never seen a single high-end strength feat from Thor that really rivals any of Superman's high-end strength feats. After doing some reading over the last few months, I don't even believe Thor is as strong as Hulk, not for several years now, and I would say Hulk definitely rivals Superman in terms of physical strength before I would say the same for Thor. Most of Thor's feats from last year involve him getting one-shotted by every third person he met. 2012 wasn't a great time for him.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#134  Edited By TheCannon

@Ruzlok said:

r1: Superman, because in character Thor would hold too much back at the start of the fight.

r2: Thor, because Thor will likely learn about Superman and realize he doen't need to hold back as much. Thor may even bring the belt of strength for a 100% boost.

r3: Thor. A bloodlusted Thor goes into Warrior Madness and is 1000% stronger. He can't lose.

This.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Saren

1. Superman. Decently stronger, ridiculously faster.

2. I'll say Thor because he could theoretically borrow the Destroyer, although since this round involves prep for two characters not especially known for their prep or strategizing, it could be a toss-up.

3. Superman. Thor's six feet under with condolences delivered to his next of kin before he even has time to exhale.

Avatar image for vorzhilok_the_traumatizer
Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just have a rule that outright bans Superman vs Thor and Batman vs Ironman altogether? I'm kind of sick of seeing them.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By dondave

@CitizenBane said:

1. Superman. Decently stronger, ridiculously faster.

2. I'll say Thor because he could theoretically borrow the Destroyer, although since this round involves prep for two characters not especially known for their prep or strategizing, it could be a toss-up.

3. Superman. Thor's six feet under with condolences delivered to his next of kin before he even has time to exhale.

QFT

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#138  Edited By darkelf35

LOL LOL

Superman in all 3

Old_Chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Old_Chris

1. Superman

2. Could go either way, but I'll go with Thor

3. Superman

Honestly, any character even around this level that has any kind of decent speed is just a bad opponent for Thor.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Round 1. Superman

Round 2. Superman

Round 3. Thor

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Postacrat

superman

superman

superman

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Superman wins all rounds

Ira32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Ira32

Ok first of all, It has been proven several times Superman has a weakness to magic. And also even without that weakness Thor would still take him he has IMO a lot better features and better endurance and strength. And Thor is just as fast and just as strong and comes from years and years of training in hand to hand combat and god training. Thor wouldn't "Curbstomp" him but he would win it still would be a challenge for Thor don't get me wrong.

1. Thor

2. Thor

3. Thor, This one Superman doesn't stand a chance.

Avatar image for andy_banerjee_10
andy_banerjee_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't really say who would win, but i think that superman sundipped is not a problem in the third round because as Ruzlok stated, a bloodlusted Thor has warriors madness which is incredibly powerful

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#145  Edited By 14NC3
  1. Superman 9/10
  2. thor 7/10
  3. Superman 6/10
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Vaeternus

@Reignmaker said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

1.Superman

2.Superman

3.Superman

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By GypRosetti

Thor all 3 rounds. Mjolnir tanks Superman. Without the hammer of course Thor would be toast.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#148  Edited By 0n1zuka

@GypRosetti: I don't see how Mjolnir tanks a sun-dipped Superman. For Round 3, I could see the Odinson hanging if it were possibly just a quick dip but not a full day.

I can't really say too much about the prep round because I'm unsure if Thor has any feats in that area.

RulkFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By RulkFTW

Superman should win the first 2 rounds.Thor in-character has struggled and even lost to much weaker and less powerful opponents.Plus Superman already beat him in a canon crossover.Thor could win the 3rd round though.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Qpzmg

Superman all rounds.