#1 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman at full power and let's say that he is brainwashed by Darkseid. The X-Men consist of Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Shadowcat, Lockheed, Nightcrawler, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Jubilee, Bishop, Iceman, Angel, Cannonball, Husk, Northstar, Polaris, and Havok.

They're fighting in New York City on live television since the Avengers are in outer space doing something, the FF are in the Negative Zone, Spider Man, Black Panther, Daredevil got their collective buts kicked, Elektra is in Japan, and Dr. Strange is fighting Mephisto. Everyone else is somewhere else.

Who do you think would win? Even if the X-Men got last minute help from the New X-Men, namely Pixie.

#2 Posted by The Ace (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could toss them all into space in less than a second.

#3 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men win. It is in Supe's favor (heavily) but I could write a feasible story where the X gets the W.

#4 Posted by phoenixfan2000 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

x men for sure.

jean grey could probably take him out on her own due to her massive psychic powers.

the xmen also have much better fighter, wolverine and cyclops.

bishop absorbs all energy forms including supermans heat beams.

collossus and rogue also have super strength to rival that of supes. (besides rogue could just snatch his powers away)

storm and polaris are both masters of their elements and could easily best superman in a battle of energy blasts.

the rest are also extremeley good fighters, adn supes would fall under sheer weight of numbers.

not even a fight.

#5 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

supes doesn't stand a chance with that line up. there are a number of x-men that would be nothing but a nuisence like wolverine angel beast but then there are jean, bishop, ice man who would take him apart as a group

#6 Posted by Case Closed (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would win this fight before the X-Men even know what happened. I don't know who Pixie is, but unless she can move at the speed of light she won't be of much use. Superman is too fast, he would destroy the telepaths before they have a chance to attack his brain. The rest of them are just too weak to hurt superman.

#7 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how merciless Superman got. When Poison Ivy controlled him, part of him was still able to resist, which is why he didn't turn Batman into a smear. In that state, the X-Men will win easily albeit with a few broken bones. If he was being totally ruthless though, most of them would be down in seconds. The only people on that list who could cause problems are Iceman (I remember the kill Iceman thread) and Jean Grey, though how much she could do is uncertain as Superman in this scenario is already being mind controlled.

#8 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

" Jean Grey, though how much she could do is uncertain as Superman in this scenario is already being mind controlled."

good point

#9 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. This is what I think. Superman is ruthless and under the control of a ruthless Darkseid. Oh, and before I forget, Shadowcat would most likely drag Lockheed into this and he happens to be pretty dangerous and cunning when he wants too. Anyway, like you Slingshot, I can probably come up with a goood story where the X-Men come out on top but barely. Pixie is one of the newest New X-Men and if you haven't been catching up, in the recent arc of New X-Men where Belasco returns and takes the entire Xavier Institute except O*NE, Surge, and Hellion into Limbo and interrogates them on the location of Illyana Rasputin. She turns out to be alive but with no soul in her Darkchild persona. She saves some students including Pixie, Anole, and Rockslide. She tries to make the 5 bloodstone out of Pixie's soul to gain enough power to slay Belasco and become a god. She gets time to only make one giving Pixie a Soulsword which actually looks a knife and has limited magical power. So, in addition to her mutant powers, Pixie has the ability to use magic. And we all know that Superman is vulnerable to magic so Pixie can either use her magic to summon some kryptonite, break the mind control, or just take him down.

Cosmic Sentinel and Rotten Gun, you're right. What can Jean, Professor X, and Emma do? Jean can rely on her telekinesis but Professor X is a sitting duck and Emma would rely on her diamond form but Superman can flatten diamonds anyhow. The X-Men have the potential to win this but some of them would be severely hurt or the X-Men could lose. With or without the New X-Men's help.

It can go either way for me.

#10 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i'm guessing Superman because the X-men do not have kryptonite anywhere hanging around, i'm guessing. He'd just kill the crappy people easily like Cyclops, Jean Grey (Not Phienix form), Storm, Colossus(I like him but i don't think his metal could protect him from Superman's hits. Then the rest of the X-men probably be a bit longer fighting then he will win!

#11 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"Well i'm guessing Superman because the X-men do not have kryptonite anywhere hanging around, i'm guessing. He'd just kill the crappy people easily like Cyclops, Jean Grey (Not Phienix form), Storm, Colossus(I like him but i don't think his metal could protect him from Superman's hits. Then the rest of the X-men probably be a bit longer fighting then he will win!"

How are those four crappy. Jean has Omega-level telekinesis and telepathy with or without the Phoenix. Cyclops has his optic blasts, is very good at using them, and is a excellent leader. Colossus is the strongest X-Man and can match the Juggernaut and perhaps the Hulk in strength, and will not go down easily. Storm is the boss right now. Do you even know what she can do? She can fly as fast as the wind can move, she can control the temperature to it's extremities, she can control the wind, she can throw lightning bolts, she can create any form of precipitation including acid rain, toxic fog and normal fog, control ocean currents, electromagnetic energy and solar winds, and do a bunch of other stuff with the weather. So, yeah.

#12 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

the x-men all the way its to many of them

#13 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Elemental says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Well i'm guessing Superman because the X-men do not have kryptonite anywhere hanging around, i'm guessing. He'd just kill the crappy people easily like Cyclops, Jean Grey (Not Phienix form), Storm, Colossus(I like him but i don't think his metal could protect him from Superman's hits. Then the rest of the X-men probably be a bit longer fighting then he will win!"

How are those four crappy. Jean has Omega-level telekinesis and telepathy with or without the Phoenix. Cyclops has his optic blasts, is very good at using them, and is a excellent leader. Colossus is the strongest X-Man and can match the Juggernaut and perhaps the Hulk in strength, and will not go down easily. Storm is the boss right now. Do you even know what she can do? She can fly as fast as the wind can move, she can control the temperature to it's extremities, she can control the wind, she can throw lightning bolts, she can create any form of precipitation including acid rain, toxic fog and normal fog, control ocean currents, electromagnetic energy and solar winds, and do a bunch of other stuff with the weather. So, yeah.

"

he's a fanboy.

#14 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Elemental says:
"Barry Flash says:

"

he's a fanboy."

If Superman was rutheless, he'd mess up the X-Men bad. But I think they maybe could win in the end. If this counts the new X-Men then Elixer could bring back the dead, right?

#15 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir has limits from what I know. When the Hulk attacked they where careful not to push him to far. Remember, none of the X-Men (except possibly Iceman) could take a full on punch from Superman without severe injury. That includes Colossus. The X-Men could win, but it would be through psychic attacks.

#16 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing you are forgetting (it seems that everybody does) Supes can move faster than light (BUT HE DOESN'T in the atmosphere, 'cause we'd like to have an atmosphere left, duh!) Supes is still very fast, but his in atmosphere movements are not faster then the Psychics thoughts and no amount of mind control of Darkseid can stand up to Charles. Charles would pick Supes brain apart before he got a punch off and break the mind control. Supes would have time then to break off his attack and not hurt anyone. Then they all join forces and Charles (with the help of the others) makes Darkseid think he is a 3 year old girl with bead wetting problems for the rest of his existence.

#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

if superman fights the way he does in the comics, then i think that the xmen would have a good chance of winning with their telepaths, but if he fights all out then superman should win.

#18 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"if superman fights the way he does in the comics, then i think that the xmen would have a good chance of winning with their telepaths, but if he fights all out then superman should win."

Yeah....in comics, if they can move faster than light, they never seem to actually do that in fights. Except for Flash.

#19 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

it could probably go either way, only way for the X men to win is with mind control, however without it theres no way they could possibly win

#20 Posted by Case Closed (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys this is really silly, none of the x-man can match his speed or even come close to it. He moves faster than any of the x-men can think. He's stronger than then and could destroy new york before they even realized what was up. DCU heavyweights are outside of x-people's league.

#21 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

NO...U GOT IT WRONG I DONT HEAT UP THE PIZZA....LOL...I HEARD THAT IN A SONG ONCE.......well anywho...x-men would win

#22 Posted by mgrman5 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

northstar could move at the speed of light, but it would kill him after a long time but he does match supes speed and i think jeans TK can hold supes for a duration while the team think of somthing.

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Using his speed, Superman defeats all of them before they can react.

#24 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"Using his speed, Superman defeats all of them before they can react."

co-sign
#25 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#26 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@phoenixfan2000 said:

collossus and rogue also have super strength to rival that of supes.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I miss that?

#28 Posted by Omnithian (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes should win...

unless he doesn't get the job done within a microsecond.. which he should... if not then the team has a shot...

#29 Posted by alejastang (16 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's brainwashed from DS, I would assume he's going to be going all out, not holding back like his normal self.  Supes not holding back would be downright scary.

#30 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"

if superman fights the way he does in the comics, then i think that the xmen would have a good chance of winning with their telepaths, but if he fights all out then superman should win.

"

That about solves it. In Comics they could prob pull this, but in reality. Darkseid is a God. I don't really think the telepaths present are gunna be able to force him out of Supes mind b4 he tears them all a new one. Bishop absorbs energy, he can still get punched through a wall. Supes has the necessary durability to get his through Cyke, Havok, Gambit, Polaris ect ect attacks to put them down. Wolverine isn't matching toe-toe w/ big blue. (He'll be in Jersey) Rogue and Colossus are both outta they league. An Darkseid would have had him speed-blitz the telepaths once he fealt their interference. That solves that.