This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman (Superman I/II) vs Superman (Man of Steel)

..vs..

Random encounter, in-character, battle out in the desert.

Who wins this?

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how MoS Superman could possibly win Reeves Superman had far more experience with his powers and more feats.

#3 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Get rid of The PIS, reverse time ability and we have a fight.

#4 Posted by russellmania77 (15800 posts) - - Show Bio

Reeve has the power to time travel, n build wall vision

#5 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

Reeve has the power to time travel, n build wall vision

The time-travel stuff is pretty stupid, and useless here anyway. For one thing it's not an instantaneous power, and while he's trying to do it he'll get killed. Second, it basically amounts to him BFR'ing himself from the fight, which is an instant loss.

As far as building a wall with... whatever that was, it's just another stupid power made up by the stupid writers. And, this isnt a wall-building contest. So, another useless power for this fight.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (15800 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

nice spite thread...

#9 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

#10 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't recall Henry holding up an entire fault line.

#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Until I see Cavill make a railroad segment out of his back, I'm picking Reeves... Nyehehehehehe!

#12 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

Yeah he did that, he also had trouble stopping a bus that was thrown at him... which wasnt even moving very fast. And, when he got smashed with that bus, it took him a while to get out from under it. Did he get KO'ed by it?

Reeve Superman overall had very slow combat speed, and was getting hurt by Kryptonians who werent as strong or fast as the ones in MoS.

#13 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

Yeah he did that, he also had trouble stopping a bus that was thrown at him... which wasnt even moving very fast. And, when he got smashed with that bus, it took him a while to get out from under it. Did he get KO'ed by it?

Reeve Superman overall had very slow combat speed, and was getting hurt by Kryptonians who werent as strong or fast as the ones in MoS.

By that logic, Cavil was maybe KO'ed by that train that landed at him.

#14 Posted by WillPayton (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont remember how long it took him to get out from under it, but possibly.

Mind you Reeve didnt have a bus "land" on him, it was simply pushed at him and slid across the ground at him. The point is that while Reeve has high-end strength feats, he also has low showings, and all his fights are basically slow motion compared to MoW fights. All we know for sure about Reeve combat speed is that he can catch a bullet. But he never speed-blitzed anyone, or even fought at any significant speed at all.

Reeve Superman is generally overrated on this site because of the b.s. powers like flying back in time and holding up a piece of the continent. But I didnt really see any good durability feats that suggest he could take a full-force blow from MoS Superman.

#15 Posted by The Stegman (25965 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS, he has better combat feats.

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm tough, reeves showed better strength feats, time feat etc but.battle feats mos had better ones....

#17 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio