• 74 results
Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Doctor is not trying to kill Superman.

His punishment must be more severe.

RULES:

-One week prep.

-As much BFR as needed they need.

-Rose and Lois Lane are trying to stop them from fighting (Like that'll work)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By beatboks1

@Racob7:

-One week prep.

Doctor curbstomp

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@Racob7 said:

-One week prep.

The Doctor does not even register Superman as a threat with that much prep and destroys him effortlessly. Mismatch.

Avatar image for evil_superman666
EVIL_SUPERMAN666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EVIL_SUPERMAN666

The Doctor Stomps.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ComicStooge

My most hated fictional character stomping my favorite fictional character?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

@Racob7 said:

The Doctor is not trying to kill Superman.

His punishment must be more severe.

-One week prep

Seriously? You put up THAT video, knowing full well that the Doctor had NO prep when he did those things to them, and then gave him a WEEK'S prep to take down Superman?

I'll put it this way: This fight?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

@Racob7 said:

-One week prep.

The Doctor does not even register Superman as a threat with that much prep and destroys him effortlessly. Mismatch.

Keep in mind that Superman would also use the prep time. He might get help from the Fortress of Solitude or from Batman. He might go to the sun for extra power or maybe sick his star eater on The Doctor. This is not a curbstomp by any means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith: Superman in All Star had Time Lord levels of tech and intellect. This isn't pathetic. This is actually a good fight.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Strider92 said:

@Racob7 said:

-One week prep.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Racob7 said:

@Strider92 said:

@Racob7 said:

-One week prep.

Keep in mind that Superman would also use the prep time. He might get help from the Fortress of Solitude or from Batman. He might go to the sun for extra power or maybe sick his star eater on The Doctor. This is not a curbstomp by any means.

Prep usually does not include help from allies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan: in this case they have one week to travel around their respective universes preparing for the confrontation. This includes help from allies if needed.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@Racob7 said:

@JediXMan: in this case they have one week to travel around their respective universes preparing for the confrontation. This includes help from allies if needed.

There to much stuff in the Dr Who-verse that could beat Superman easily. the reality bomb for example or this guy:

No Caption Provided

You can't give the Doctor a weeks prep against anyone. The guy disarmed a bomb designed to destroy reality after only looking at it for a few seconds (well his clone did). Giving him a week prep is just insane no-one could match him. The Doctor with that kind of prep would give the whole DC-verse problems (taking out omnipotent of course) not just Superman.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

Can't see how is Superman going to win.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

Yeah not gonna lie, as a Superman fan, it's easy enough for me to admit that the Doctor curbstomps Superman if you give him any amount of prep time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@Racob7 said:

@Strider92 said:

@Racob7 said:

-One week prep.

The Doctor a superior prep-master to Batman. Plus, if outside help is allowed the Doctor could get everyone he has ever saved to think of him at the same time and would probably become more powerful than Superman.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FiMFTW

I stopped reading after the title.

I had hope, I thought; "Maybe, just maybe someone found a way not to make this a stomp."

I prayed to Zeus.

And then I read the OP.

Doctor effortless curbstomp.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

the doctor will erase him from existence.enough said

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

The Doctor could absorb the power of the Time Vortex inside the Tardis and make himself powerful enough to disintegrate Superman, or use the prep in any number of ways to beat him.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NeonGameWave

The Doctor wrecks Superman.

vesuvious0215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vesuvious0215

Honostly giving the Doctor that much preptime was a mistake a better match would be superman gets a week preptime and the doctor gets a day notification. (mind you the doctor would still win) The Doctor stopped the Devil himself with no preptime supes isn't going to have much chance here

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By consolemaster001

Spite

Benjamin568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is bump, but I don't care.

Superman stomps if he's actually using his full potential.

Superman's been able to to use heat vision to melt Kryptonite before, making it useless.

The Doctor can't use the Tardis to kill Superman because the death of Superman would obviously be a fixed point in time. He wouldn't be able to prevent his birth either, for the same reason. What could the Doctor possibly do if Superman actually wanted to kill him?

People need to stop bringing up the Fury of a Time lord in Doctor Who threads, none of that would help against Superman.

As for Rose trying to talk The Doctor out of fighting, you know she would be able to do that. So could Lois Lane talk Superman out of fighting.

No Caption Provided

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bossmonster

Superman stomps.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Racob7:

-One week prep.

Doctor curbstomp

Benjamin568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Superman stomps

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is silly, as the Doc can just sit in the tardis and do whatever he pleases. there's nothing superman can do about it. There's too many absurd options the doctor can pull out of nowhere given full access to Whoverse w/ anger on. Too many random objects that make people omnipotent or remove people from existence.

As long as he can stay in the tardis, there's not much Superman could do. The only way Supes can win is if they have to meet outside of the tardis and then he can speed blitz. It's a stomp for one or the other in any way :/

Avatar image for playingwithfire
PlayingWithFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor mega stomps.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benjamin568: IIRC he didn't actually kill any of them, and even so, the Doctor rigs up a time phasing device gadget, and since he's immune to things like that, slows Supes down and rigs up a dimensional teleporter to suck him into a pocket dimension. Then he seals it up and sticks it in a book about Superman's Exploits.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The doctor. No need to explain.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dextersinister

There are ways in both dc and Marvel that can make you immune to time related effects and it's not uncommon, heroes don't use it often for the same reason they don't have telepathic blockers as standard in universe, there is no in unievrse reason it simply would prevent writers from using both as plot devices

Temporal shields are even common in Star Trek

I brought this up before, if the Doctor is dependent on time related devices then he gets stomped, people often don't realize that Superman himself is a genius and if he where a random Joe Kryptonian Luthor would have killed him long ago.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dratini1331

I brought this up before, if the Doctor is dependent on time related devices then he gets stomped,

1) To sum things up into a single answer: He's not.

2) Being immune to time slowing effects, or existing outside of time won't save you from a lot of time effects, e.g. the time vortex. It's complete control over Space-Time, or more basically, reality warping. It's not omnipotent, but it is extremely powerful.

That being said, my previous statement is how I feel on these, and most Doctor vs [X Char] match ups. In the TARDIS, almost nothing can hurt him, outside of it, he'd have a hard time dealing with most people when they're morals off. Even canon plot shielding doesn't mean he can't be caught or put down. He has been beaten before, and often displays massive hubris.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dextersinister

@dratini1331: So he accesses the time vortex with no consequences all the time?

I guess if we are horribly out of character Superman could always use the miracle machine, a more established reality warping device which he was given the ability to make.

No Caption Provided

The problem with using the Doctor is he is a character within his own universe, who's to say a boom tube cannot pass the dimensional barriers or insert Who Jargon and allow him to step into the Tardis.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: The TARDIS is powered by the Time Vortex, which he uses against more powerful foes in the EU without consequences. It's actually not that out of character. As a matter of fact, most Time Lord tech is powered by it, and they've always had access to it. Staring into the Untempered Schism is even part of the induction ritual, so I don't see why it's that out of character. The only reason he doesn't just do it instantly all the time is usually because:

A) He almost always just abandons the TARDIS while exploring.

B) He almost never has real prep time while exploring.

I've never even heard of the miracle machine, seems interesting and pretty cool, what can it do? :D

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@dextersinister said:

@dratini1331: So he accesses the time vortex with no consequences all the time?

I guess if we are horribly out of character Superman could always use the miracle machine, a more established reality warping device which he was given the ability to make.

No. He doesn't. He doesn't use it even when the universe is about to explode, and superman is hardly a threat for him to begin with.

But, if it comes to it, there isn't much above the time vortex in reality warping techniques. Rose, a normal human, looked into it and became bad wolf, an omniscient and questionably nigh-omnipotent entity that creates itself in time and space. The doctor easily removed the energy from her, though it took it's toll on him..Time lords are far above humans. If the doctor accesses the vortex, he becomes a vengeful God, which is why he doesn't use it at all.

As for the fight, superman ends up in a time lock.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I;ve seen him use it a few different times against other in the EU, no?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1: I;ve seen him use it a few different times against other in the EU, no?

I have literally no idea about Doctor who Eu, sadly. I've just seen the episodes from the ninth doctor.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: D: but Tennant is so good, and he might be playing Reed in the next Avengers.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman sits in the sun for a week, stomps. People are saying, "oh yeah Doctor megastomp" but how exactly will he do that? Just curious...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Ah, I meant episodes from the time ninth doctor appeared/series restart, upto seventh season: 'name of the doctor'. I know tennant is good, he's my favorite doctor..

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: The Miracle machine is a really old plot device from the legend of superheroes that Morrison brought back for Final Crisis.

It turns your thoughts into reality.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: yay ^_^. I'm actually super stoked for him as Reed Richards. They're actually getting a bunch of really great actors as a line up for upcoming hero movies. There's even been talk of Matt Damon playing someone in the JL movie. Hopefully they don't screw it up :D

Superman sits in the sun for a week, stomps. People are saying, "oh yeah Doctor megastomp" but how exactly will he do that? Just curious...

The TARDIS is basically impregnable. It survived the end of reality and is an 11 dimensional mathematic construct in physical form. Superman can't break it. On the other hand, the doctor has been given full access to Whoverse tech and a week of prep to get it. Technically, he could even get the Dalek Crucible, but the primary way he would win is via one of his plot powered omnipotent things.

Basically, he can either freeze superman in time, or put him in a pocket dimension. Regular superman hasn't shown to be capable of breaking a reality wall (though E2 has during Final crisis IIRC). Basically, the Doctor has options, superman can't do anything to him as long as he's in the box.

Once he steps outside, I think people are using the plot shields to save him. The Doctor,a nd all Time lords, have a canon plot shield to prevent speed blitzing. IMO, outside the TARDIS he gets pwned.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dratini1331

@dratini1331: The Miracle machine is a really old plot device from the legend of superheroes that Morrison brought back for Final Crisis.

It turns your thoughts into reality.

That's freakin awesome >.< I have a bunch of the Silver Age Legion stuff, but none from the modern era :P

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Imperator

@iheartzombies92: So many ways. Beyond the fact that he could just teleport Superman into a pocket dimension and then remove all but one chronon of time energy from it, leaving Supes in suspended animation, he could build a De-Mat gun, like he did to stop the Time War, or look into the Time Vortex (which isn't always fatal) and come out with ridiculous power, pull in favors from the literal millions that owe him for all that he has done, etc. The Doctor, with minimal prep, has turned multiple multiversal entities into mortals and locked them into pocket dimensions that he created, just to teach them a lesson. He's been to Marvel 616 before (he's the reason Death's Head is there IIRC) and knows the Omniverse Merlyn guy from Marvel UK Captain Britain stuff. If he is really given a week of prep, he has a ridiculously wide array of resources to draw on. Heck, he could even rig the TARDIS telepathic circuits to create enough interference to bring Superman's thoughts and mental speed down to normal human levels, and then throw him in a mirror like he did the little girl in the video in the OP.

@dextersinister: That needs Element X to power it. doesn't it? And Element X is gotten from Metron's chair, and made by Darkseid. If we use nu52, then Superman isn't getting any Element X, as I don't believe we know who makes it anymore.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@iheartzombies92 said:

Sitting in the sun doesn't even matter here. Doctor's prep is wayy too much for superman to handle, and his prep is filled with Pis. He built a delta wave strong enough to wipe out an entire dalek fleet in twenty minutes.. built a tardis from tardis scrap in about an hour and so on. He has a great library in his tardis, or he could use interdimensional travel to find out superman's weaknesses and exploit them. Or suspend him in time, throw him in void, or trap him in mirrors, or time lock him like he did to the entire time war.. Hell, he could probably come up with a limited version of reality bomb in that kind of time.. Doctor is THE ultimate person when it comes to prep, one does not simply put him in a battle thread with a week of prep.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dextersinister

@the_imperator: I have a strong feeling it's pre-52 Superman as he has Lois trying to stop him and she isn't a major character post.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: In that case , there's a chance Supes gets it, but with Metron and Darkseid gone in the most recent pre-nu52 appearance of Supes, it'd be really hard.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: yay ^_^. I'm actually super stoked for him as Reed Richards. They're actually getting a bunch of really great actors as a line up for upcoming hero movies. There's even been talk of Matt Damon playing someone in the JL movie. Hopefully they don't screw it up :D

@iheartzombies92 said:

The TARDIS is basically impregnable. It survived the end of reality and is an 11 dimensional mathematic construct in physical form. Superman can't break it. On the other hand, the doctor has been given full access to Whoverse tech and a week of prep to get it. Technically, he could even get the Dalek Crucible, but the primary way he would win is via one of his plot powered omnipotent things.

Basically, he can either freeze superman in time, or put him in a pocket dimension. Regular superman hasn't shown to be capable of breaking a reality wall (though E2 has during Final crisis IIRC). Basically, the Doctor has options, superman can't do anything to him as long as he's in the box.

Once he steps outside, I think people are using the plot shields to save him. The Doctor,a nd all Time lords, have a canon plot shield to prevent speed blitzing. IMO, outside the TARDIS he gets pwned.

@iheartzombies92 said:

Sitting in the sun doesn't even matter here. Doctor's prep is wayy too much for superman to handle, and his prep is filled with Pis. He built a delta wave strong enough to wipe out an entire dalek fleet in twenty minutes.. built a tardis from tardis scrap in about an hour and so on. He has a great library in his tardis, or he could use interdimensional travel to find out superman's weaknesses and exploit them. Or suspend him in time, throw him in void, or trap him in mirrors, or time lock him like he did to the entire time war.. Hell, he could probably come up with a limited version of reality bomb in that kind of time.. Doctor is THE ultimate person when it comes to prep, one does not simply put him in a battle thread with a week of prep.

@iheartzombies92: So many ways. Beyond the fact that he could just teleport Superman into a pocket dimension and then remove all but one chronon of time energy from it, leaving Supes in suspended animation, he could build a De-Mat gun, like he did to stop the Time War, or look into the Time Vortex (which isn't always fatal) and come out with ridiculous power, pull in favors from the literal millions that owe him for all that he has done, etc. The Doctor, with minimal prep, has turned multiple multiversal entities into mortals and locked them into pocket dimensions that he created, just to teach them a lesson. He's been to Marvel 616 before (he's the reason Death's Head is there IIRC) and knows the Omniverse Merlyn guy from Marvel UK Captain Britain stuff. If he is really given a week of prep, he has a ridiculously wide array of resources to draw on. Heck, he could even rig the TARDIS telepathic circuits to create enough interference to bring Superman's thoughts and mental speed down to normal human levels, and then throw him in a mirror like he did the little girl in the video in the OP.

@dextersinister: That needs Element X to power it. doesn't it? And Element X is gotten from Metron's chair, and made by Darkseid. If we use nu52, then Superman isn't getting any Element X, as I don't believe we know who makes it anymore.

Ahh, right, thanks for clarification, but... aren't the "he could build x" or "call in favours from y" arguments a little, well... wishy-washy? Not really concrete. We know for a fact that Superman can bench 5.62 sextillion tonnes for five days without stopping, but aren't all of the Doctor's feats PIS? Like, does he have an ability that isn't "building plot device in twenty minutes"? How exactly does he trap people in mirrors, pocket dimensions etc.? Surely he'd have to get close, and then Superman could speed-blitz?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92: Well actually, there is no such thing as PIS for him. Timelords unconsciously alter something (quantum waves or something?) that causes everything to fall in place for them.

But, it isn't wishy-washy if he constantly does feats on universal+ scale again and again. That's why people shouldn't put him in battles..

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92: It's not even him building stuff, it's him walking somewhere, picking it up and coming back. It's also not really PIS, as he does it consistently, making it one of his powers. It would be like calling Doom's tech or Amazo PIS. not really the same as, "Here's something he just pulls from nowhere that one time that he never does ever again."

As for other question, no, he never actually has to leave the TARDIS to royal destroy Superman. He doesn't need to get close to Supes to get him. He has several arbitrary things about him that prevent sped blitzing, e.g. Canon plot shielding that forces people to talk to him rather than blitz him.

The doctor just has a bunch of ridiculous tech feats, so him + prep is crazy strong. The problem is that he has almost no other powers, so outside of prep he's not that high tier IMO. So this is either a stomp for Supes, or a stomp for the doctor. One way another, it's a stomp. Good Doctor threads are hard to make :P

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92: Well actually, there is no such thing as PIS for him. Timelords unconsciously alter something (quantum waves or something?) that causes everything to fall in place for them.

But, it isn't wishy-washy if he constantly does feats on universal+ scale again and again. That's why people shouldn't put him in battles..

Hmm, seems like bad writing to me.

Anyhoo, if it is such a ridiculous stomp in The Doctor's favour, then who am I to argue?

I guess Doctor wins...