• 149 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay. So this is a purely physical confrontation. This is New 52 Superman. FULL BLOODLUST.

Thanos doesn't have his Matter manipulation, Tp or energy blast. No AOE attacks. Thanos keeps his shields.

Superman doesn't have heat vision or frost breath.But keeps his flight.

This is a purely physical fight.

Win by KO or Death. No BFR

Fight takes place in metropolis.

WHO TAKES THIS.?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is strictly my own perspective but as long as you allow Superman to operate at his speed and take away Thanos abilities to counteract that , his aoe attacks, Superman should eventually have an upper hand.

Thanos while superior to Superman physically isn't really as fast as him with his bag of tricks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dorukesin

Clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: @kyrees: Ah, yes. That is why made this thread. I want too see how a purely physical confrontation plays between them.

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could probably both go all day while beating the living daylights out of each other, but you realise how fast superman is? Without the speed it is whoever has the most stamina

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Area of effect. Put more simply an attack that is very wide which makes it difficult for even faster character to evade it.

Had it been a contest where each of then hit another one at a time Thanos can overpower Superman fairly handily but with super speed Superman is going to be able to connect a lot more hits than Thanos.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think you should take away more abilities from Superman as well. To make this fair for Thanos .

Killemall has a point. Flight may have to be taken out . He could easily go sundip and come back to give Thanos a Bruising. This fight is interesting. Thanos my be in for challenge this new 52 superman is a power house i am seen it slowly.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dorukesin

@killemall said:

@jagernutt: Area of effect. Put more simply an attack that is very wide which makes it difficult for even faster character to evade it.

Had it been a contest where each of then hit another one at a time Thanos can overpower Superman fairly handily but with super speed Superman is going to be able to connect a lot more hits than Thanos.

Clark could punch him billions of times before he reacts

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is strictly hand to hand fighting with the only consideration of strength/striking/speed/reactions?

Well. Thanos should lose here then

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killemall

@dorukesin: I don't think so. Billion I'd a huge stretch when Thanos has a long history of fighting and defeating guys with speed comparable to Superman.

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Established that IMO Thanos punches are stronger than those of Superman, i don't see Superman's speed makes a difference.. Thanos durability is freaking incredible, slightly below skyfathers, and has react at speeds fast enough to tag and defeat people like Silver Surfer, Thor and Eros that are all known FTL'ers. Also since this is purely physical Clark has to stay near him to strike and eventually Thanos will grab his neck and hits him so hard that will smash his skull!!

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dorukesin

@killemall said:

@dorukesin: I don't think so. Billion I'd a huge stretch when Thanos has a long history of fighting and defeating guys with speed comparable to Superman.

I'm not sure about New-52 but Post Crisis could definitely do that. If you're still defending New52 Superman's nanosecond perceptions,he should be able to that too. Because If he's able to measure the time between nanoseconds,practically he should be able to throw billion punches per second.Because when they fought,Clark would see him frozen

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is stronger and more durable. He wins. Simple as that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone, keep in mind that even though I allow Superman his flight, Thanos still has his personal force fields.

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord44 said:

Established that IMO Thanos punches are stronger than those of Superman, i don't see Superman's speed makes a difference.. Thanos durability is freaking incredible, slightly below skyfathers, and has react at speeds fast enough to tag and defeat people like Silver Surfer, Thor and Eros that are all known FTL'ers. Also since this is purely physical Clark has to stay near him to strike and eventually Thanos will grab his neck and hits him so hard that will smash his skull!!

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lord44

Everyone, keep in mind that even though I allow Superman his flight, Thanos still has his personal force fields.

Thanos Stomps and after that can even go to a beauty contest since his face will be clean and undamaged!

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a matter a fact this fight wont be easy for thanos at all . The location of the fight determine the out come greatly and the OP said Metropolis didn't say it was abandon either so this a key factor that my enrage superman or messes with his morals. Thanos stands a high chance of losing . This is not an easy fight for thanos and superman isnt going if thanos makes a mistake and kills someone that is of great value to superman .

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree for either Pre or New 52 Superman.That's more in the Flash league of speed and I'm still wondering if Wally, for example,can even do that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever:

I'm glad you caught on too that.I definately wanted Superman too have home field advantage.

Hence the lack of Superman(bloodlusted) holding back. Im sure everyone on vine knows I have personal bias in favor of Thanos. However I want to give Superman a possible chance of winning so it can at least in hopes of being a good fight.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dorukesin

@reaverlation said:

@killemall said:

I agree for either Pre or New 52 Superman.That's more in the Flash league of speed and I'm still wondering if Wally, for example,can even do that

Pre-Flashpoint Superman's brain can adapt himself into a fraction of nanosecond timeline.If a regular human can throw 1 punch per second,practically when Clark sped himself up,he's able to throw billion punches per second.

and for Wally,do the same math for a zeptosecond

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm pretty sure one hit from a blood lusted Clark could most probably shatter a planet.Clark could probably pull off a win by blitzing though I'm not sure about that since Thanos took a blast from Thor without really twitching..

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like Wally west Versus Hulk with a much smaller speed gap. Clark could probably pull in a solid amount of wins here.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman 10/10

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever:

I'm glad you caught on too that.I definately wanted Superman too have home field advantage.

Hence the lack of Superman(bloodlusted) holding back. Im sure everyone on vine knows I have personal bias in favor of Thanos. However I want to give Superman a possible chance of winning so it can at least in hopes of being a good fight.

LOL its ok :) I have many bias my self for both DC and Mavel and plenty other comics companies . I am more Doomsday Bias tho. :). defend doomsday to the end for years now .lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: Lol, I respect Superman alot though. Is why I pick him for this fight. Makes for good debate material.

:)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Sooo..we're all just gonna ignore the fact that Thanos has shields that a well fed Galactus had to exert himself to breach and subsequently went to feed again right afterwards?

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: Lol, I respect Superman alot though. Is why I pick him for this fight. Makes for good debate material.

:)

Dont tell any one but i am a Superman fan also along with plenty other DC heroes

Secretly a HUlk and Thor fan spiderman too.

But not a fan of Surfer at all . :)

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is strictly my own perspective but as long as you allow Superman to operate at his speed and take away Thanos abilities to counteract that , his aoe attacks, Superman should eventually have an upper hand.

Thanos while superior to Superman physically isn't really as fast as him with his bag of tricks.

you're forgetting that Thanos keeps his shields.

assuming Thanos can't tag Superman, this should be a stalemate, Superman can't hurt Thanos, and Thanos can't tag Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: You and your argument of speed=win is funny.

Thanos has reacted to the Silver Surfer travelling mutliple times the speed of light.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: You and your argument of speed=win is funny.

Thanos has reacted to the Silver Surfer travelling mutliple times the speed of light.

travelling speed is not perceiving speed

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos beats the Super out of Superman leaving him just a normal man. This isn't close. Just 3 punches or so.

cortadew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins but not easy

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: Read the comment, ((((Reacted)))) not travel speed.

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheTruthIII

Thanos. I'm pretty sure Superman will have some trouble breaching those shields that has stood up to Skyfathers and Cosmic Entities.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know...he did react to Ganymede and Eros rather easily.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

He destroyed SS in 7 casual shots, I think he can easily demolish Supes.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antimatter shields plus Superman blitz = dead krypton

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd suggest taking away Thanos's shield and allowing him the use of his cosmic energy. It would be a more even fight than allowing his shield which will disintegrate Supes the instant he touches it.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Superman tanked supernovas and wrestled with Doomsday, he also had the strength to contain a black hole with his hands which should put him above planet level of strength, also can reach light speed very fast. Has Thanos ever done something so impressive? I remember him surviving a black hole but supernova>>>Black hole.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cairov said:

They could probably both go all day while beating the living daylights out of each other, but you realise how fast superman is? Without the speed it is whoever has the most stamina

This

Can someone please tell how fast is Thanos shield is

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thedailybagel  Moderator

Don't see how supes can get through his shields, let alone his durability.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: You are not convincing when you are not explaining how he wins and state those reasons.