Superman Vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MOM11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MOM11
Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Boken

does thanos have the infinity gems?

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By speed

superman

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Personally, I think Thanos would win if he had time to plan. If not, I think Superman would take down Thanos. With the infinity gems, supes has NO CHANCE either way!!!

Avatar image for shatteredkatana
shatteredKatana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shatteredKatana

hahhahhaaha screw the infinity gems thanos absorbs the heart of the universe which is the most powerful artifact in the universe surpassing far beyond the powers of the infinity gems and once he absorbs it he is only surpassed by the divine creator which is god not just a god but "GOD"

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I actually like Thanos in this one.

Poo Poo List

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Poo Poo List

shatteredKatana says:

"hahhahhaaha screw the infinity gems thanos absorbs the heart of the universe which is the most powerful artifact in the universe surpassing far beyond the powers of the infinity gems and once he absorbs it he is only surpassed by the divine creator which is god not just a god but "GOD""

I can't decide if this is fanboy love of Thanos or the Heart of the Universe. Either way, I see the list growing soon.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Satyrquaze

shatteredKatana says:

"hahhahhaaha screw the infinity gems thanos absorbs the heart of the universe which is the most powerful artifact in the universe surpassing far beyond the powers of the infinity gems and once he absorbs it he is only surpassed by the divine creator which is god not just a god but "GOD""

Let's leave exterior sources of power out of the equation.

Logic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Logic

Thanos. Even in a fight that didnt allow prep time. His mind is just too brilliant he would come up with the most convoluted plot in a matter of seconds. I remmeber him fighting an enraged Thor enhanced by an infinity Gem, and walking away because the fight BORED him. Thanos trumps many people for me purely because of his cunning. He is no slouch eaither his power makes him a serious henchmo.

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Captain Hazard

Hard to say. Superman has beat Darksied which is DC's Thanos or Thanos is Marvel's Darkseid depending on how you want to look at it. But Darkseid has beaten Superman. I think with proper planning Thanos beats him no problem but if it is just random meeting its a toss up. I am not sure but I would like to think Thanos.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Dude Thanos is so much more then Darkseid, I'd say Darkseid is closer to Dr. Doom (no joke) then Thanos. Thanos is more of a cosmic force and Darkseid is a ruler of a planet.

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain Hazard

Lord Gambler says:

"Dude Thanos is so much more then Darkseid, I'd say Darkseid is closer to Dr. Doom (no joke) then Thanos. Thanos is more of a cosmic force and Darkseid is a ruler of a planet."
Well I know that most people when they look at them, they look similar. They both have every similar abilities. And Darkseid is more then a ruler. He is actually a God.
Avatar image for mister_caroline
Mister Caroline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mister Caroline

Thanos is much cooler than Darkseid, and Supes is a dork. Thanos all the way.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Captain Hazard says:

"Lord Gambler says:
"Dude Thanos is so much more then Darkseid, I'd say Darkseid is closer to Dr. Doom (no joke) then Thanos. Thanos is more of a cosmic force and Darkseid is a ruler of a planet."
Well I know that most people when they look at them, they look similar. They both have every similar abilities. And Darkseid is more then a ruler. He is actually a God. "

Gods are just titles. Superman can do just as much as Darkseid, but he's not a god. Thanos can do all Darkseid can do but he's not a god. A god (in comics) doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot.

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Captain Hazard

Mister Caroline says:

"Thanos is much cooler than Darkseid, and Supes is a dork. Thanos all the way."
I like that reason.
NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By NiteFly

Supes is pretty powerful, but I'm going to have to say that Thanos has this battle.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Iron Apollo

Thanos beats supes, but not easily. This makes me wonder if Makkari could beat Flash, the argument is that DC characters are much stronger. But i think that is too sweeping of a generalization. Thanos is an eternal, so Makkari so it think he would put up quite the fight in a race against the flash, altough I know the Flash would win.

Marrduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marrduke

I say Thanos, just bc (and it's been stated before) when Thanos sets his mind to something he cannot/will not be denied. The only way he can lose, is if he wants to lose. If Thanos REALLY wanted to beat Sup's I'd go with Thanos of Titan

Quannum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Quannum

Thanos

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zee crusher

its obivous thanso this guys taken hits from tyrant an direct hit from thor and didnt even move thanos way to fuckign strong ans he may not look liek it but hes fast plus he does know magic which is one of supermans weaknesses so thanso would win youd have to be a complete dumbass to say superman stands a chance maybe superman prime but then you could give thanos the gloves besides that thanso could take down the jls jla what ever its called if he wanted.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zee crusher

its obivous thanso this guys taken hits from tyrant an direct hit from thor and didnt even move thanos way to fuckign strong ans he may not look liek it but hes fast plus he does know magic which is one of supermans weaknesses so thanso would win youd have to be a complete dumbass to say superman stands a chance maybe superman prime but then you could give thanos the gloves besides that thanso could take down the jls jla what ever its called if he wanted.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Thanos.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zee crusher says:

"its obivous thanso this guys taken hits from tyrant an direct hit from thor and didnt even move thanos way to fuckign strong ans he may not look liek it but hes fast plus he does know magic which is one of supermans weaknesses so thanso would win youd have to be a complete dumbass to say superman stands a chance maybe superman prime but then you could give thanos the gloves besides that thanso could take down the jls jla what ever its called if he wanted."

I agree he could take down Superman, but no way in hell could he take down the JLA by himself. Martain Manhunter plus GL plus Zatanna = dead Thanos.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zee crusher

Okay martian manhunter may pose a threat but thanos well well he could shit i dont knwo zatanna on the othr hand she has to leanr hwo to say thanso be goen back wards befor actually saying it and while she does thanos attacks besides he knows magc as well.

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Answerman

Thanos is no more powerful than Darkseid, and Supes beat Darkseid so bad that he thought he was blind when really his eyes were just swollen shut.

Supes takes it.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrakmul

Where's that comic that Heart of infinity posted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Colt Python says:

"Thanos is way more powerful than Darksied.He would beat the crap outta Superman."

Hmmm, not sure about that one. Maybe if Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet. Other wise I'd say Darkseid is just as powerful if not more. Thanos is a Titan and Darkseid is a God.

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colt Python says:

"King of Kings says:
"Colt Python says:
"Thanos is way more powerful than Darksied.He would beat the crap outta Superman."
Hmmm, not sure about that one. Maybe if Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet. Other wise I'd say Darkseid is just as powerful if not more. Thanos is a Titan and Darkseid is a God."
Yea I guess you right."

No way

Thanos easily whooped Silver Surfer and SS can own Superman pretty easily

It would only be a good match if it was pre Resurection of Thanos (before death augmented his powers). Right now Thanos can stand against many people on the cosmic scale. Even the people he cant beat with his raw power he is able to do some damage to them where supes would not.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

King of Kings says:

"Colt Python says:

Hmmm, not sure about that one. Maybe if Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet. Other wise I'd say Darkseid is just as powerful if not more. Thanos is a Titan and Darkseid is a God."

This is the league Thanos is in:

I wish I still had my scans of Thanos fighting Odin. Odin won, but he had to pull ALL of his tricks to do so. Anyway, the titles "god" and "titan" are so irrelevant when it comes to power and capabilities. Thanos fights cosmic beings on an even playing field, Pre-Crisis Darksied would be a better match for this even though he would win.
Post Edited:2007-10-21 03:37:14

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Answerman

Yeah Thanos Whupped Surfer good no doubt.

And I'd say that Supes could do the same frankly.

Supes can whup Thor as has been clearly established, and Thor was shown to able to decimate Surfer during the God War story arc so its simple math really.

Supes has more of a warriors heart than Norrin.

I mean Supes fought in Rajnarok for thousands of year when it was too much for Thor, and became the rightful owner of Mjolnor when he outlasted Thor!

He beat Drakseid as senseless as Thanos beat the Surfer, and its also fair to add that Darkseid just about killed The Silver Surfer with 1 shot of his Omega Beams in Darkseid VS Galactus.

If Darkseid can put the Surfer at deaths door in one shot and Supes can take that shot with a Darkseid whuppin, its elementary that he can take out Thanos.

Now having said that it would require circumstances to be that Thanos wasn't prepared for the battle, as if he was He'd probably win.

But all things being equal I'd give Supes 6 out of 10 battle against Thanos.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zee crusher

Are you serious? Thanos beat thor and hulk with no gems lol and thor has knows thousands of years of fightign styles whiel hulk can fight i guess. Also thanos fought hulk and drax at the same tiem and bitched slaped them lol. Thanos pimp slaped silver surfer. Thanos has blasted galactus so hard he flew back hundreds of yards and was knocked out. Superman stands no chance what so ever he can't hurt thanos or use his so called "speed". Superman has trouble with slwo hitter like darkseid and mongoul lo.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

Thanos wins... His physical capabilities are superhuman, like Supes. But whatever Supes can do, Thanos can also do (except for flying). Thanos is capable of much more: Matter manipulation, teleportation, energy projection, and telepathy (He could mess with Supes' head, do whatever he wants to him). He can temporarily increase his powers by absorbing energy from an unknown source of quasi-mystical nature. He's intellect is Superhuman, and he's a expert tactician. Note that when he fights, he uses physical and energy-manipulating abilities at the same time. Thanos is the bigger man in this... Whether he prepares for the battle against Supes or not, it won't make a difference. He really doesn't need to prepare. And, if he had the Infinity Gems, it's a curb stomp.
Post Edited:2007-10-21 19:40:08

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zee crusher

Lol static for a dc character you know a hell of alot about marvel. But yeah its a pawn thanso woudl eat superman. The thing is superman has weak villian mostly so he woulnt be able to take on such a threat. Like imperiex he got scared had to call for back up. Thor had to fight surtur who was capable fo destroying in universe he know physically they just destroy so he beta him another way. That and thor beat galactus to an mangog. But yeah thanso is out of supermans class.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

zee crusher says:

"Lol static for a dc character you know a hell of alot about marvel.

I like both Marvel and DC equally.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zee crusher

Static Shock says:

"zee crusher says:
"Lol static for a dc character you know a hell of alot about marvel.
I like both Marvel and DC equally. "

I may like marvel as my favorite due to them having my favorite super hero btu i wouldnt say i hate dc this fight just wasn't a good match. Maybe thanos vs spectre.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vrakmul

Post Deleted.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Thanos was able to defeat Silver Surfer, who's able to defeat Superman. Thanos currently has "cosmic powers" exceeding those of the Surfer so you can say he's more powerful than supes.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Answerman says:

"Yeah Thanos Whupped Surfer good no doubt. And I'd say that Supes could do the same frankly. Supes can whup Thor as has been clearly established, and Thor was shown to able to decimate Surfer during the God War story arc so its simple math really. Supes has more of a warriors heart than Norrin. I mean Supes fought in Rajnarok for thousands of year when it was too much for Thor, and became the rightful owner of Mjolnor when he outlasted Thor! He beat Drakseid as senseless as Thanos beat the Surfer, and its also fair to add that Darkseid just about killed The Silver Surfer with 1 shot of his Omega Beams in Darkseid VS Galactus. If Darkseid can put the Surfer at deaths door in one shot and Supes can take that shot with a Darkseid whuppin, its elementary that he can take out Thanos. Now having said that it would require circumstances to be that Thanos wasn't prepared for the battle, as if he was He'd probably win. But all things being equal I'd give Supes 6 out of 10 battle against Thanos. "

See I wouldnt go by the crossovers. And if you want to examine it darkside hit surfer with a back attack with his omega beams

I will agree with most people on this thread. Thanos has Supes beat with or without Cube, Gauntlet, or Hotu

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Answerman

Its a solid point that Darksied took down the via a sneak attack, but that doesn't change the simple fact that the Surfer couldn't handle a shot from Darkseid and Supes can.

Shy it is that theres this difinitive declaration that the Surfer can beat Superman is beyond me.

Superman is far more impressive the fighter, and his display of the mastery of his abilities in story arcs like Our Worlds at War and Ending Battle show that Superman could eaily take the Surfer.

Heres a somewhat brief rundown of Supermans abilities:

Superman's speed..able to move at 99% the speed of light within earth's atmosphere. He's been shown faster in outer space.

Superman's heat vision is as hot as the core of a star!!

Superman's strength...under normal power levels he can push the moon.

Superman's strength is so powerful that..

(Superman and Kal-L hit each other once and destroyed Earth 2) or "shattering the boundaries of space and time" with strength alone (again, against Kal-L) -- hitting so hard that Elseworld versions of himself appear (Superman IC TPB).

Imperiex, at the conclusion of the Our Worlds at War story arc, had absorbed suffcient power to destroy the universe (and chain react the destruction of the multiverse). Imperiex, as Our Worlds at War Secret Files and Origins showed, was God's cosmic agent of universal creation and destruction -- Imperiex was the Big Bang, essentially.

(OT: Brainiac had this power trapped inside himself; Imperiex chose the sundipped Superman to break Imperiex out of Brainiac's cell. Later, Superman outmuscled the Imperiex-powered B-13. That should tell you just how powerful sundipped Superman was in that arc -- Superman was powerful enough to break a cell that a Big Bang level force could not; Superman was powerful enough to outmuscle B-13/Imperiex's "full counter thrusters!")

Imperiex's Probes were not as powerful as Imperiex himself. Nevertheless, an entire army of "solar converted" Daxamites could not put a single dent into a Probe. Only Superman, Doomsday and Zod managed to destroy Probes with their bare hands -- the rest had to use magical artifacts (Wonder Woman's shield and lasso, the Trident of Poseidon) or advanced tech (B-13 based nuclear tanks).

Initially, Superman needed intensive training and a power boost to so much as hang with a Probe in a fight -- a Probe who very casually threw Mongul across the galaxy.

Superman's invunerability is up there aswell.

In last May's Action Comics, he flies from Vega to Earth in seconds, or light years from a spaceship to the inside of a Sun Eater. He wades through Earth's assembled alien forces (J'onn, Powergirl, Kilowog, etc) in a matter of panels. One shots Despero with heat vision. And has his power depleted and is thrown through Earth and into its core and survives, as well as survives a 700 light year anti-matter explosion when power depleted.

Also super intelligence. After Superman gets his powers back from being powerless for that one year after the Infinite Crisis, his intelligence has increased. Everything in his brain has been accelerated and amped up.

Superman's high end feats, such as:

1) Atomizing Earth 2 as the collateral damage of hitting, and being hit by, Kal-L; that is, the planet received no hit, but was simply destroyed as a collateral effect of a single punch on the two combatants' bodies. (Superman Infinite Crisis TPB)

2) Holding a black hole in one hand; then producing sufficient static electricity (via rubbing his hands) for Green Lantern to corral into a temporary containment force; then actually throwing the black hole into another black hole. (JLA 81 or 82)

(Incidentally black holes are the collapsed remains of super-massive stars that have, at minimum, the mass of at least 30 of our Sun, according to modern science.)

3) "Shattering the boundaries of space and time" by way of his fight against Kal-L; that is, hitting each other so hard that: 1) Superman and Kal-L actually switch into the past, present and future of each other's lives; 2) Elseworld versions of themselves actually manifested in time and space. (Superman Infinite Crisis TPB)

4) Superman reverses the vibratory pattern of an entire alternate Earth; does so from high orbit; that is, not even touching the planet. (Adventures of Superman Cannibal Planet issue)

5) Superman and Kal-L, who came up equal in their fight, manhandle Superboy Prime across galaxies and force him through Krypton's Sun. Superboy Prime, it was said and shown, was strong enough to move planets as easily as someone moves "chess pieces." (Infinite Crisis)

Superman splitting "a small Saturnian moon" in Lex 2000; or nearly knocking the Moon out of orbit merely by pounding on it (as one would pound on a table) while sick from Kryptonite poisoning (Til Death Do Us Part TPB).

When Superman and Flash last raced, Flash explained that, were Superman stopped dead in his tracks, it would destroy everything between the Flash's city and Moscow. That's a far larger tract of land than the Rockies -- it's an immense chunk of the planet.

Superman broke through a dome powerful enough to contain a nuclear blast with a stray backhand when he fought the Eradicator.

Superman also punched Bizarro through the planet, from Metropolis to China, in one hit.
Post Edited:2007-10-21 22:34:40
Post Edited:2007-10-21 22:36:40

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Answerman says:

"Yeah Thanos Whupped Surfer good no doubt. And I'd say that Supes could do the same frankly. Supes can whup Thor as has been clearly established, and Thor was shown to able to decimate Surfer during the God War story arc so its simple math really. Supes has more of a warriors heart than Norrin. I mean Supes fought in Rajnarok for thousands of year when it was too much for Thor, and became the rightful owner of Mjolnor when he outlasted Thor! He beat Drakseid as senseless as Thanos beat the Surfer, and its also fair to add that Darkseid just about killed The Silver Surfer with 1 shot of his Omega Beams in Darkseid VS Galactus. If Darkseid can put the Surfer at deaths door in one shot and Supes can take that shot with a Darkseid whuppin, its elementary that he can take out Thanos. Now having said that it would require circumstances to be that Thanos wasn't prepared for the battle, as if he was He'd probably win. But all things being equal I'd give Supes 6 out of 10 battle against Thanos. "

What are you dribbling on about? You do know Surfer was beaten AFTER he beat the crap out of Orion, right? Crossovers aren't series canon for a reason, because there is to much favoratism whenever two big companies write a story. Thanos fights Silver Surfer, Odin, Gamora... cosmic beings and gods that can rearrange properties of matter itself. Your Superman "facts" are a little warped as well.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thanos

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Answerman

LegendaryKYJ says:

What are you dribbling on about? You do know Surfer was beaten AFTER he beat the crap out of Orion, right? Crossovers aren't series canon for a reason, because there is to much favoratism whenever two big companies write a story. Thanos fights Silver Surfer, Odin, Gamora... cosmic beings and gods that can rearrange properties of matter itself. Your Superman "facts" are a little warped as well."

-I think I used perfectly clear english.

Darkseid nearly killed the Surfer with one shot.

Surfer almost effortlessly took care of Orion as well, so its not like he was hurt or exhausted.

There are many many crossovers that are fine to reference, JLA/Avengers, Titans/X-Men, Superman VS the Hulk, and why wouldn't they be?

So what facts of mine are "warped"?

I don't see you coming up with any evidence of my research being incorrect.

I did cross reference that stuff with the actual source material, so do tell.

Will you claim that the comics in my collection are misprints now?

:)

Post Edited:2007-10-22 03:01:36

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Answerman says:

"LegendaryKYJ says: What are you dribbling on about? You do know Surfer was beaten AFTER he beat the crap out of Orion, right? Crossovers aren't series canon for a reason, because there is to much favoratism whenever two big companies write a story. Thanos fights Silver Surfer, Odin, Gamora... cosmic beings and gods that can rearrange properties of matter itself. Your Superman "facts" are a little warped as well."I think I used perfectly clear english. Darkseid nearly killed the Surfer with one shot. Surfer almost effortlessly took care of Orion as well, so its not like he was hurt or exhausted. There are many many crossovers that are fine to reference, JLA/Avengers, Titans/X-Men, Superman VS the Hulk, and why wouldn't they be? So what facts of mine are "warped"? I don't see you coming up with any evidence of my research being incorrect. I did cross reference that stuff with the actual source material, so do tell. Will you claim that the comics in my collection are misprints now? :) "

Awesome examples, ALL of which are not series canon. I don't need to research this, everyone here but you knows Thanos is a cosmic level being that can rearrange molecules. Thanos fights GODS like Odin on an even playing field. Cross reference all you want, until you can get scans its nothing but heresay.

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Answerman

Ah yes the scans.

I'll see what I can come up with, no scanner on my end.

So fair enough point on your end.

Of course all of my previous examples had little do do with my defending crossovers as perfectly valid reference despite your insistence otherwise.

Of course the times DC has crossed over with Marvel make your argument look paper thin so go figure you refuse to admit that they count...

:)

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Answerman says:

"Ah yes the scans. I'll see what I can come up with, no scanner on my end. So fair enough point on your end. Of course all of my previous examples had little do do with my defending crossovers as perfectly valid reference despite your insistence otherwise. Of course the times DC has crossed over with Marvel make your argument look paper thin so go figure you refuse to admit that they count... :)"
Of course they don't count, why should they when they intentionally even out some characters at the expense of others? For example, Superman Vs. Thor, I LOVE how they have Superman pulling all the stops using every degree of heat vision he can muster, but you don't see Thor hurling bolts of ethereal energy? SS and Darksied, Silver Surfer, the cosmic being that can't be harmed by any Marvel hero as he is the herald of Galactus and wielder of the immeasurable power cosmic, gets hurt by the Omega effect? DC vs. Marvel, Wonder Woman gets taken out by... three to four seconds of lightning? Wolverine STABS LOBO unconscious? Aquaman drops a WHALE on Namor? Hulk punches pre-crisis Superman to the far reaches of space in the early 80's crossover? Cap gets beaten by Batman, completely contradictory to batman’s own dialogue in JLA/Avengers? Magneto gets tossed by Darksied? Krona actually kills Galactus? NON ONONONNONONONO… NO. They are TERRIBLE references, and not series canon for a reason.
Post Edited:2007-10-22 03:24:38
Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Answerman
Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Answerman

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Answerman says:
"Ah yes the scans. I'll see what I can come up with, no scanner on my end. So fair enough point on your end. Of course all of my previous examples had little do do with my defending crossovers as perfectly valid reference despite your insistence otherwise. Of course the times DC has crossed over with Marvel make your argument look paper thin so go figure you refuse to admit that they count... :)"
Of course they don't count, why should they when they intentionally even out some characters at the expense of others? For example, Superman Vs. Thor, I LOVE how they have Superman pulling all the stops using every degree of heat vision he can muster, but you don't see Thor hurling bolts of ethereal energy? SS and Darksied, Silver Surfer, the cosmic being that can't be harmed by any Marvel hero as he is the herald of Galactus and wielder of the immeasurable power cosmic, gets hurt by the Omega effect? DC vs. Marvel, Wonder Woman gets taken out by... three to four seconds of lightning? Wolverine STABS LOBO unconscious? Aquaman drops a WHALE on Namor? Hulk punches pre-crisis Superman to the far reaches of space in the early 80's crossover? Cap gets beaten by Batman, completely contradictory to batman’s own dialogue in JLA/Avengers? Magneto gets tossed by Darksied? Krona actually kills Galactus? NON ONONONNONONONO… NO. They are TERRIBLE references, and not series canon for a reason.
Post Edited:2007-10-22 03:24:38"

Okay i get it now.

You can't even get your own facts traight but you want me to provide all sorta of facts that you will ignore.

You assert that Darkseid shouldn't have been able to hurt the Surfer, but yet applaud all examples of Thanos smearing the dirt with Surfer?

Yeah, you're not being rediculously biased at all are you?

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Answerman says:

"http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Superman_%28Post-Crisis%29 Some solid facts on Supermans power levels that back up much of what I've stated. "

Good, no immunity to matter transmutation. Where is the sidenote that explains Supermans power wavering from author to author? I like how he breaks a sweat towing an oil tanker and strains himself moving an alien ship in orbit one minute, but moves the moon the next.