• 94 results
#1 Posted by MatthewParker (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man, Ant Man, and Colossus.

Team Gets 1 year prep, and full knowledge of superman, and his weaknesses.

Supermans coming to kill the team, and they stage their last stand in the Baxter building, where they've been prepping.

-current versions

#2 Edited by reaverlation (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

It seems borderline spite/mismatch

#3 Posted by MatthewParker (1811 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by BeaconofStrength (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr Fantastic, and maybe Pym could do it alone.

Team wrecks.

#5 Edited by iDude (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has a chance to beat them. Since he's out to kill he won't be holding back, but a year prep with Mr. Fantastic is ridiculous. Team takes it.

#6 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#7 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed creates a device that makes the sun red.

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (38587 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wrecks.

Tony could with prep.

#9 Edited by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: OP seems innocent enough... but why do I get the feeling he's rubbing his hands together saying: "yes....YES! Superman loses!"

#10 Posted by dorukesin (5125 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by youmessinwithme (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

with Prep Reed can defeat pretty much anyone it's worse than with Batman. add in two other geniuses too help and supes is toast.

#12 Edited by iDude (188 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@idude: what? He's innocent? Or intentional spite?

#14 Edited by MatthewParker (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power: I actually thought this would be a fair fight, with some saying the team can do it with prep, and others arguing that superman would speed blitz or something sinces he's out for the kill.

#15 Edited by iDude (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power: I meant spite. But in all fairness he does have a habit of making one sided battles.

Maybe he was spiteing, maybe he wasnt.

#16 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@dorukesin Current Superman doesn't have Picosecond reactions. And even if he did Luthor, Wayne, Brainiac and Toymaster don't.

#17 Edited by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthewparker: with full knowledge of weaknesses, Reed makes a device that traps Clark in a kryptonite casket that teleport into a red sun. Reed can do that kind of shiz

#18 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4271 posts) - - Show Bio

i know people say team stomps, but what has they ever done in a year? can they really counter superman? i mean, it has been a while since the last time someone gave us any feats of mr F. just saying team stomps really do not add much.

#19 Posted by dorukesin (5125 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@dorukesin Current Superman doesn't have Picosecond reactions. And even if he did Luthor, Wayne, Brainiac and Toymaster don't.

oh New52 Superman I thought it was Post Crisis.

So he will call and bring them in a microseconds lol

#20 Posted by BeaconofStrength (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I'm always iffy on Tony's prep. I want to believe he could, I'm just not sure if he could pull it off. His prep is more direct and riskier than Reed's or Pym's.

#21 Edited by iDude (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed's prep alone could probably beat Superman, especially with full knowledge of him and a year.

#22 Posted by Kingant27 (3090 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite/mismatch, all could solo with Prep.

#23 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Eisenfauste (7314 posts) - - Show Bio

@greatcaesarsghost: Because he can't do anything with prep except watch over metropolis. . .

#25 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Eisenfauste (7314 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikachumonster: Let me be a little more clear, he can't do anything with prep in this situation that>>>Reed/Pym's prep.

#27 Edited by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. Prep is like power. I couldn't possibly imagine superman out prepping these guys! Fair point. He may as well be flying over metropolis like an idiot.

#28 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

Give Superman prep, and take away Reed, and I'd give Superman a fair chance.

#29 Posted by christianrapper (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikachumonster: Let me be a little more clear, he can't do anything with prep in this situation that>>>Reed/Pym's prep.

yes he could. he is far smarter than any human. he invented a lot of that stuff in the fortress of solitude. stuff he never uses for some reason. if he got prep time then it wouldn't be fair. he would just sundip or show up in a lead suit.

#30 Posted by BeaconofStrength (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

Team still destroys Superman.

#31 Edited by MatthewParker (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:

@eisenfauste said:

yes he could. he is far smarter than any human. he invented a lot of that stuff in the fortress of solitude. stuff he never uses for some reason. if he got prep time then it wouldn't be fair. he would just sundip or show up in a lead suit.

Supermans prep is no where near to Reeds, Bruces, or lexs. at least intelligence whys.

#32 Edited by christianrapper (645 posts) - - Show Bio

i think supes wins this. if he is trying to kill the team then that means that he is blood lusted. he will just use his heat vision on them and call it a day. i also don't see them inventing anything that can counter his speed and reaction time. a weapon still has to be aimed and shot. he can react before they can even think about implementing any kind of trap. a trap will be useless since he has x ray vision. if they encase it in lead then supes will just use his heat ray vision to destroy it.

#33 Posted by BeaconofStrength (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: Apparently you don't know how powerful this team is with prep.

#34 Posted by christianrapper (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: Apparently you don't know how powerful this team is with prep.

i do, but prepping for something doesn't mean that it will work. like a famous man once said "everyone has a plan until u punch them in the face". it's not like superman is just going to fly in their and do nothing. he faces threats from preppers all the time. what's to stop supes from just blitzing them or just using his xray vision from space? he is trying to kill them in this scenario. he is out of character here. he is not going to hold back. he can kill them from across the solar system. don't forget this is superman. he doesn't have to be on the planet to kill them. a heat vision blast from mars will do the trick.

#35 Posted by BeaconofStrength (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength said:

i do, but prepping for something doesn't mean that it will work. like a famous man once said "everyone has a plan until u punch them in the face". it's not like superman is just going to fly in their and do nothing. he faces threats from preppers all the time. what's to stop supes from just blitzing them or just using his xray vision from space? he is trying to kill them in this scenario. he is out of character here. he is not going to hold back. he can kill them from across the solar system. don't forget this is superman. he doesn't have to be on the planet to kill them. a heat vision blast from mars will do the trick.

With this team, a year prep time is plenty of time to decimate Superman. Reed has made rooms where nothing but sound can move, Pym has created the likes of Ultron & Joshtica, manipulated magic & black holes, and Stark's armor is no joke; with a year this team will be gathering items & creating things, that would absolutely decimate him. This is a horrid stomp.

#36 Posted by christianrapper (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:

Supermans prep is no where near to Reeds, Bruces, or lexs. at least intelligence whys.

haven't you read up on supes. this is from his wiki.

Genius Level Intellect: He has shown incredible intelligence and computational abilities; his mind works sharply and with extreme speed relative to earth-humans. Superman's analytical powers enable him to read information directly from machines (and, with careful usage of his heat vision, he can even reprogram machines).

he is much smarter than any human.

#37 Edited by MatthewParker (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthewparker said:

@christianrapper said:

Genius Level Intellect: He has shown incredible intelligence and computational abilities; his mind works sharply and with extreme speed relative to earth-humans. Superman's analytical powers enable him to read information directly from machines (and, with careful usage of his heat vision, he can even reprogram machines).

according to that Sinestro, and jason todd are also geniuses, i wouldnt put to much trust in that.

#38 Posted by christianrapper (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: 'With this team, a year prep time is plenty of time to decimate Superman. Reed has made rooms where nothing but sound can move, Pym has created the likes of Ultron & Joshtica, manipulated magic & black holes, and Stark's armor is no joke; with a year this team will be gathering items & creating things, that would absolutely decimate him. This is a horrid stomp.'

why does supes have to come to earth or land just to fight them? supes has no morals. all he has to do is drop a meteor on the building. he can also just use heat vision from the other side of the building and kill them. he can use the vision and give the whole team and instant lobotomy. it's not a stump. it's only a stump is superman just flies in and mindlessly start fighting. he is coming to kill them. he doesn't have to even be in the same city to do that. they aren't fighting the hulk or the flash who have to be in the same area as them. superman is so versatile. you are thinking of this from only the team's point of view. try doing it from supes point of view. superman isn't a dummy either. the only reason he slugs it out with his foes is due to his morals. he doesn't have those here. he can just kill them from afar.

#39 Edited by Pokeysteve (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has too many vulnerabilities.

#40 Edited by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthewparker: intelligence wise? I don't think there's a need to compare... Reed & co are all about intelligence lol

#41 Posted by hylian (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthewparker said:

@christianrapper said:

#42 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a couple things:

I've argued against marvel fans that say we can't assume green lanterns can make any construct and that we can only use feats for things they've actually made. Those same fans say" oh well reeled would make this" even though he's nevwr made such invention. It's a double standard.

Also, superman is very intelligent. He understands lots of science fields. Aside from that he's read a the medical books EVER published in minutes and understood it well enough to perform life saving surgery. Give him a year prep and he'd go to the highest the available in the galaxy and learn it in minutes.

#43 Posted by VenomousTaco (583 posts) - - Show Bio

This is horribly one-sided. Why not give Supes some prep?

#44 Posted by InjusticeForAll (509 posts) - - Show Bio

this is spite either way you put it. if you give Superman prep he wins. If you don't he will lose against these odds.

#45 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wrecks.

i definitely think that with a year of prep pym or tony could take on supes and walk out victorious. Reed is just too much

#46 Posted by patrat18 (8784 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (38587 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost anybody with full knowledge of his opponent and prep Can win.

#49 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (2103 posts) - - Show Bio
@matthewparker Superman has at least a genius level intellect, there's no arguement over that.

#50 Posted by patrat18 (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Care to explain why?

Damn you! Most of his plans to take on powerhouses usually fail. Hulkbuster,Thorbuster. Superman is much much faster than anything he could hope to tagg or stop him with. Reed ok, everybody else? Nah.