This is gonna heat up

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tbh supes should never stand a chance vs surfer neither should thor, current surfer one shots

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh supes should never stand a chance vs surfer neither should thor, current surfer one shots

This is normally the case, but supes combat speed and strength is much higher than surfer's, maybe he could blitz surfer before he can solar drain, etc. Especially since clark is literally right inside his power source. This should be a close one

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kgb725

@jay_z94: Actually Surfer could drain him and the sun

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it may seem advantageous to Superman, it is to Silver Surfer as well.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would win, especially morals off.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin turns it into a Red Sun, drains Supes, and lets him become vaporized.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps.

What a joke

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would win, especially morals off.

How so? Surfer is morals off too.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

This is normally the case, but supes combat speed and strength is much higher than surfer's, maybe he could blitz surfer before he can solar drain, etc. Especially since clark is literally right inside his power source. This should be a close one

How is nu 52 Superman faster than the Surfer in reaction speed? The only version of Superman as fast as Surfer is PC Supes.

scootybali14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By scootybali14

Anybody saying superman I want them to tag me so I can clearly take the ignorance away from them by providing details about how outmatched superman is and how simple punches aren't going to hurt silver surfer(to the point of death) morals off for both guys......surfers board can absorb superman and convert him to energy which silver surfer would then just absorb into himself then create a new board....but back to the point

Superman vs SS no morals or prep Superman can only punch and kick(POINT BLANK) that wind and freeze breath and heat vision doesn't mean shit to SS(point blank)

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Yeah see. Putting them inside a star is benefiting surfer much more than it is supes.

Surfer reasonable stomps here

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Surfer. No question.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think no matter how you play Surfer takes the win vs Clark...unless you truly nerf Norrin...Surfer by all means is tough to deal with...im going SS here...i mean the dude knows your weakness as a power set and has the necessary abilities to utilize that knowledge against an opponent...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A guy wielding the power cosmic doesnt care for some pesky lil sun

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really think no matter how you play Surfer takes the win vs Clark...unless you truly nerf Norrin...Surfer by all means is tough to deal with...im going SS here...i mean the dude knows your weakness as a power set and has the necessary abilities to utilize that knowledge against an opponent...

This

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

...ironically, starting in the sun is a disadvantage to clark. Surfer can absorb it much faster.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[Insert sun/heat related pun here].

Probably Surfer though.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman via speedblitz

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surfer loses to dudes like thor, man...superman beats his as$ on earth. he doesnt need to be inside the sun. thats just spite

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I try to post, I can't. Let's try a SHORT post and see what happens.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So---I had a great, long rebuttal on why Supes wins, and after three tries, this site STILL won't let me post it, but these shorter posts are working.

Screw it, I'm tired. I'll try again later.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Steroid Surfer for the win! Remember kids, take your pills everyday!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cream_God

Surfer is a near perfect anti kryptonian character, this Is unfair for Supes

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin curbstomp.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Surfer is a near perfect anti kryptonian character, this Is unfair for Supes

No Caption Provided

@micah said:

@reikai said:

All of these.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@reikai: @kingofkings1: @cgoodness: @zearing: In order for Norrin to do that, he would have to KNOW that a red sun could affect Superman ((something that Kal is not likely to randomly yell out for no reason); secondly, even if Surfer DID learn this, Superman-a being with great travel AND combat speed (thanks for so graphically illustrating Surfer's lack of COMBAT speed, Kingofkings1) and who, in this battle, has morals off, would have to just kindly float there and LET Surfer do this without resistance (something that I am ALSO quite certain Superman is highly unlikely to do). And, even when a red sun is used it is not an INSTANT KO for Kal; such is his level of power that it takes a while for it to do him in (as evidenced in Superman issue 480, when he survived IMMERSION in a red sun due to the Eradicator, and in Superman issue 167, when, despite his power slowly waning under a red sun, he still had enough energy to power Jor-El's planet moving ion engines (the particular planet had a mass 16 times the Earth's). And, of course, he could render the case moot by using his super speed to vibrate his body intangible like he has done on many occasions (including Superman issue 175 when he did this and caused all of Doomsday's efforts-punches, fire breath, and eye ball energy beams-to pass harmlessly through him; in fact, this tactic could be used to stymie other things the Surfer tries as well).

Then Supes could battle field remove him into the Source Wall in the blink of an eye-even the Surfer isn't escaping from this-while pummeling Surfer with the same combination of power, strength, and super speed to become the first being ever in the history of the universe to destroy an "unbreakable" Imperiex probe (this construct was capable of utterly obliterating the entire solar system).

There are other tactics Supes can use, but I wanted to debunk the whole "a red sun is an instant win for Silver Surfer" notion FIRST.

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FiendishMind
@kingofkings1 said:

@sodamyat: lol True . slower surfer

You might want to take a look at this thread, most of the scans you posted are there and as explained in the thread, most are out of context.

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/4005-2502/forums/silver-surfers-reaction-time-and-combat-speed-557085/

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiendish: Travel speed doesn't equal the combat speed . Nice scans BTW

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiendish: Travel speed doesn't equal the combat speed . Nice scans BTW

Did you read the thread? Someone posted many of the same scans you posted and it was explained that most of them are out of context. It starts at post #13.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By myerlanski

@theonewhoknows: one of norrins best abilities is cosmic awareness...this is the gift to identify an opponents weakness and exploit it...looking into Clark's biology and identifying he is a walking solar battery would be instantaneous for him...then from there he has a plethora of ways to deal with clark...from tp attacks, MM, to energy abortion...not to mention replicate the right radiation signature that is lethal to superman...kryptonite...give me win? Certainly not...but it does leave great room for a debatable match...

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@wrglfan2814: @myerlanski: Again, I don't see how Radd will be able to do the things you suggest if there are FTL blows (with the strength, striking power, and force to destroy, for the first time ever in the universe an "unbreakable' Imperiex Probe) raining down on him (kinda hard to concentrate when that is happening to you, and they WILL rock him---lesser beings such as the Rhino, the Thing, the Red Hulk and the Hulk have sent the Surfer flying, and even caused Radd to yell out in pain). And even if Surfer DID manage to strike first (HIGHLY unlikely since Kal's COMBAT speed is faster) Supes has resisted Surfer's methods. Red Sun? I debunked that in my prior post. TP? Superman has resisted this many times, including attacks from the Eradicator in Superman issue 480, the White Martian Protex in JLA issue 4, Despero, and powerful telepath Captain Comet in Action Comics issue 12---so TP against Kal is NOT a "cinch win" for Norrin.

MM (does this mean "matter manipulation")? Supes has resisted this many times as well. The best two examples are in the double sized "JLA: Primeval" and the DC wide story arc featuring a battle for control of the "other place" (the one opposite Heaven) that featured Neron and death Goddess Blaze. Why? Because not only did Kal resist his body being destroyed or altered by manipulation/transmutation from just ANY old attack---they were MAGICAL transmutation attacks! In the JLA story, Supes resisted it from a being named Disciple who was powered by several ancient Gods, yet Kal's control of his own molecules is so complete that he resisted the villian, eventually grabbed his power staff and defeated him; in the other instance Kal resisted being transmuted by Blaze who had magical control over the very reality of her realm---yet Supes shook off her power through sheer endurance and will power (which had not ever been done by ANYONE) and went on to beat her. So the Man Of Steel has not only resisted transmutation---but MAGICAL transmutation as well, killing two myths (the old "magic is a cinch win" against Supes one) with one stone!

There's more, but I'll end here for now, since my point was to show that the methods for a Surfer victory that many are touting are NOT an instant win (unless you want to claim that Surfer's powers are somehow more "special" than all those others because---well, just BECAUSE) and Kal can beat Surfer in the methods I mentioned in my previous post (plus others I have on standby to mention). You've got to realize; there are TWO people in any proposed battle, and Supes is NOT gong to just stand around and nicely LET Radd attack in any way he sees fit without using his FTL COMBAT speed to attack Surfer FIRST; at the very least, the "easy win" that so many think will be the result of a battle between these two is a SERIOUS error in judgement.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer drains the Sun then Superman.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@micah said:

@reikai said:

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By myerlanski

@theonewhoknows: that's cool and all but just as clark has resisted tp attacks...he had been hit with tp attacks...and my thing is you said...how would norrin know of clarks weaknesses...so i was specifying how he will know without clark yelling what his weaknesses are...he would know through cosmic awareness...its an ability...will he have time to use it...well now...thats debatable....if he does...well he just turns his body into type of radiation needed to hurt clark...l also said that it doesn't give surfer the win...i said it makes the match debatable...which is why this isn't locked yet and why there are mixed thoughts on this match...your points are compelling...and valid...but i do not agree with you that this is a win for superman...