#1 Posted by The Vine Robots (88 posts) - - Show Bio
caption




















vs


caption






























This is the movie versions.  Who wins and why.
#2 Posted by The Vine Robots (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody knows.

#3 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
The Vine Robots said:
"Nobody knows."

I have no idea who would win.
#4 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman pimpslaps him off his board and then beats him to death with it. Then he gives the bloodstained board to his son because he's a horrible father and can't figure out any other way to make up for it.

Moderator
#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Superman pimpslaps him off his board and then beats him to death with it. Then he gives the bloodstained board to his son because he's a horrible father and can't figure out any other way to make up for it."

This is arguably the single greatest post on the internet.
#6 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Superman pimpslaps him off his board and then beats him to death with it. Then he gives the bloodstained board to his son because he's a horrible father and can't figure out any other way to make up for it."
LOL.
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman would beat Silver Surfer here
#8 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

??? . . . ??? If this is a joke, then, LOL!!

ahem, otherwise:

1) Surfer traveled through space without the use of a spaceship.
2) Surfer phased through solid objects.
3) Surfer analyzed the Torch's powers and discovered how to defeat him.
4) Surfer absorbed matter and energy into his board.
5) Surfer made it snow in the desert.
6) Surfer generated EMP type effects while passing through.

and last but not least

7) Surfer brought Sue back from the dead.

If the Rise' Surfer came to Superman Returns' Earth, (that has no Reed Richards or Doom), then game over. Superman would be made into a human again like in Superman II

This isn't fanboy-dom, just common sense.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
PhoenixSouvenir said:
"??? . . . ??? If this is a joke, then, LOL!!

ahem, otherwise:

1) Surfer traveled through space without the use of a spaceship.
2) Surfer phased through solid objects.
3) Surfer analyzed the Torch's powers and discovered how to defeat him.
4) Surfer absorbed matter and energy into his board.
5) Surfer made it snow in the desert.
6) Surfer generated EMP type effects while passing through.

and last but not least

7) Surfer brought Sue back from the dead.

If the Rise' Surfer came to Superman Returns' Earth, (that has no Reed Richards or Doom), then game over. Superman would be made into a human again like in Superman II

This isn't fanboy-dom, just common sense.
"
Thats A Good Analysis
#10 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
PhoenixSouvenir said:
"??? . . . ??? If this is a joke, then, LOL!!

ahem, otherwise:

1) Surfer traveled through space without the use of a spaceship.
2) Surfer phased through solid objects.
3) Surfer analyzed the Torch's powers and discovered how to defeat him.
4) Surfer absorbed matter and energy into his board.
5) Surfer made it snow in the desert.
6) Surfer generated EMP type effects while passing through.

and last but not least

7) Surfer brought Sue back from the dead.

If the Rise' Surfer came to Superman Returns' Earth, (that has no Reed Richards or Doom), then game over. Superman would be made into a human again like in Superman II

This isn't fanboy-dom, just common sense.
"
This is comicvine. Superman always wins he even has the mods on his side.
#11 Posted by F-Man (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would easily blow the Surfer off this board with his Super Breath.

#12 Edited by MAJESTY (295 posts) - - Show Bio

superman knocks him off hes board and shoves it up hes ______

#13 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

While hes blowing surfer flies around the world flys up behind him and one shots him.

#14 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"While hes blowing surfer flies around the world flys up behind him and one shots him."

Unlikely.
#15 Posted by nix_smoke (59 posts) - - Show Bio
MAJESTY said:
"superman knocks him off hes board and shoves it up hes ______
"
its unlikely, the surfer can manipulate his cells before he does and beat the crap out of superman
#16 Posted by talia (362 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Superman pimpslaps him off his board and then beats him to death with it. Then he gives the bloodstained board to his son because he's a horrible father and can't figure out any other way to make up for it."
clasic
#17 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman was fast enough to go back in time and strong enough to lift a half kryrptonite island. He could knock surfer off his board before Surfer even knew what happened. Changing the weather and knocking out all electrical devices in the area is not going to help him at all here.

#18 Posted by lennyoks (38 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle starts superman throws a punch  and another he punching surfer so fast that we cant see his hands move, but wait surfer is unharmed, damn think supes forgot surfer can PHASE, now surfer reaches through supes chest n pulls out his heart supes falls dead. 
Surfer puts back his heart and raises him ... coz the surfer is such a nice guy

#19 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman CAN"T trow SS of his board, The board in the movie is like a part of his body. Unles you can use that device SS is not coming off his board. 
 
Realy people if you never even watched the movie why bother posting ?
#20 Edited by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

 

 
Surfer changes the Sun red and turns the world into a lump Kryptonite, then as Superman lays dying on the floor the Silver man feels sorry for Superman Returns and all its missfire actors. 
 
He feels sorry for the film and its fans and because its such a crap movie he erases Brandon Routh and transmutes Superman into a better actor
 

finally Christopher Reeve appears, spins the planet backwards so the crappy  Bryan Singer SupermanReturns Turkey never existed...Superman spins
spinning the planet so far backwards that your galactus-Smokey-Cloud never existed
Reeve Superman finishes the day by beating Surfer
 

The end

#21 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5429 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash:
LOL, nice Where's the Batman shot from?
 
 I've realy got to try and acctually get thru the entire SR movie, I still can't remember him lifting the island.......:\ 
I give this to the Surfer anyway. 
in almost anyway Surfer > than Superman.........except popularity and Reeves........
#22 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: this is the way to do it , without favorites. i agree silver surfer wins
#23 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash:
#24 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

 
Superman rushes towards the Surfer at his normal flight speed to punch him, the Surfer lifts his board as a shield against him, Superman flies right into it. Poof dissapeared, Game over Movie Norrin wins. Superman didn't have to fight anyone like SS in that film, just a giant mildly kryptonite rock that nearly killed him, Norrin took down someone that was about to eat the planet.  
Lex Luthor with kryptonian tech was just going to make the water rise and make a quick $$ off it. < Cloud of smoke, one was about to actually destroy the planet and everyone on it. 
 
The man was phasing through objects, him touching the Torch made his molecules go nutty, one blast had Doom phasing through the snow, he made deep holes into the earth with little effort, his travel speed through space was more impressive than any speed shown by this paritcular superman while on earth, took down a cloud of smoke by opening a singularity in his face. 
 
Movie Superman can't tag someone that he can't hit and lacks the ability to prevent himself from being turned into a snack for Norrin's board.

#25 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
"  Superman rushes towards the Surfer at his normal flight speed to punch him, the Surfer lifts his board as a shield against him, Superman flies right into it. Poof dissapeared, Game over Movie Norrin wins. Superman didn't have to fight anyone like SS in that film, just a giant mildly kryptonite rock that nearly killed him, Norrin took down someone that was about to eat the planet.  Lex Luthor with kryptonian tech was just going to make the water rise and make a quick $$ off it. < Cloud of smoke, one was about to actually destroy the planet and everyone on it.  The man was phasing through objects, him touching the Torch made his molecules go nutty, one blast had Doom phasing through the snow, he made deep holes into the earth with little effort, his travel speed through space was more impressive than any speed shown by this paritcular superman while on earth, took down a cloud of smoke by opening a singularity in his face.  Movie Superman can't tag someone that he can't hit and lacks the ability to prevent himself from being turned into a snack for Norrin's board. "
I completely agree with this. 
 
If it includes ALL of the movies and the characters are bloodlusted then it might be a different story but I think even then Norrin wins this.
 
I also want to know where that Batman picture came from.
#26 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy:
I wouldn't have a clue, maybe some promotional stuff for a superman and bats film or something like that.
#27 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think of a fight with all of the movie heroes vs movie SS. No plot device of course to separate SS from his board or whatever.
#28 Posted by Necronomiconxmortus187 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Returns is just an add on to the Original Christopher Reeve Superman movies, in Superman Returns it was re-introducing Superman back into the big screen , so of course theres not gonna be a big time villain in the movie, since the others done by reeves had big time villians in them already, however it does seem like Christopher Reeve's incarnation of Superman was stronger then Brandon Routh's incarnation of Superman, for the reason Reeve's Superman fought good villains and had more powers to go off of at the time, and reeve's looks and plays Superman like no other person in the world, routh comes close but no cigar, so i'll say the Silver Surfer would win in a close fight with Brandon Routh's Superman, but the surfer would get his ass curb stomped by Christopher Reeve's incarnation of Superman.  

 
#29 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

wft? superman is not beating SS

#30 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

I finally got thru the whole Superman Returns movie, he has some great feats, but nothing to show me he could beat the SS from FF. 
As for Brandon Rouths acting ability, saw some (brief) glipses of Reeves looks, but nothing to write home about :-\ 
And....if the movie takes place 5 years later, why is everyone so young?  :^P
#31 Posted by Niten (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash said:
"  

 
Surfer changes the Sun red and turns the world into a lump Kryptonite, then as Superman lays dying on the floor the Silver man feels sorry for Superman Returns and all its missfire actors. 
 
He feels sorry for the film and its fans and because its such a crap movie he erases Brandon Routh and transmutes Superman into a better actor
 

finally Christopher Reeve appears, spins the planet backwards so the crappy  Bryan Singer SupermanReturns Turkey never existed...Superman spins
spinning the planet so far backwards that your galactus-Smokey-Cloud never existed
Reeve Superman finishes the day by beating Surfer
  The end "
 
xDDDDDD   nuff said
#32 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"PhoenixSouvenir said:
"??? . . . ??? If this is a joke, then, LOL!!

ahem, otherwise:

1) Surfer traveled through space without the use of a spaceship.
2) Surfer phased through solid objects.
3) Surfer analyzed the Torch's powers and discovered how to defeat him.
4) Surfer absorbed matter and energy into his board.
5) Surfer made it snow in the desert.
6) Surfer generated EMP type effects while passing through.

and last but not least

7) Surfer brought Sue back from the dead.

If the Rise' Surfer came to Superman Returns' Earth, (that has no Reed Richards or Doom), then game over. Superman would be made into a human again like in Superman II

This isn't fanboy-dom, just common sense.
"
Thats A Good Analysis"
#33 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@sevennames27 said:
"@King Saturn said:
"PhoenixSouvenir said:
"??? . . . ??? If this is a joke, then, LOL!!

ahem, otherwise:

1) Surfer traveled through space without the use of a spaceship.
2) Surfer phased through solid objects.
3) Surfer analyzed the Torch's powers and discovered how to defeat him.
4) Surfer absorbed matter and energy into his board.
5) Surfer made it snow in the desert.
6) Surfer generated EMP type effects while passing through.

and last but not least

7) Surfer brought Sue back from the dead.

If the Rise' Surfer came to Superman Returns' Earth, (that has no Reed Richards or Doom), then game over. Superman would be made into a human again like in Superman II

This isn't fanboy-dom, just common sense.
"
Thats A Good Analysis"
"

There is no need for richards ... Just Sue Storm lol
#34 Posted by The Wretch (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I forget- 
 
How did Doom get SS's board in the movie? 
 
I have a hard time thinking Doom could get the board and Supes can't.  That's all that really has to happen for Supe's to win.

#35 Posted by Necronomiconxmortus187 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

( CHRISTOPHER REEVE'S ) SUPERMAN BEATS SILVER SURFER HANDS DOWN! KAL-EL is MIGHTIER then NORRIN RADD! the powers displayed in Christoper Reeve's Superman movies are enough to take down the Surfer

 

 


 


 
#36 Posted by supermandefender (2038 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan: While the outcome I agree with you. Its not common sense. Surfer cant take away Supermans powers? I dont know where you go that? Surfer was able to make himself look human?? Surfer can Drain Supermans Solar enegry and make red sun radiation to damage Superman. This should not affect Superman more than he has in the past just because the Silver Surfer is doing it. Captain Atoms powers are close to the Silver Surfers and everything the Silver Surfer can do to Superman Captain Atom can do at the same level. 
 
 Superman is by far the stronger of the 2 and a better fighter. There is close to equal both able to go the speed of light while flying. Surfer can enter hyperspace to exceed the Speed of light. And powers wise Surfer has that hands down. He is capable of pretty much doing any feat you can think of but he has limits to what is power can do and what he can control. Surfer was able to completely evolve all life on a planet but he lost control of it and killed all life on the planet. In a battle I dont see Surfer using all of his guns in a fight and Superman will bring the fight too him. 
Either person can win but id lean to Surfers side more because I dont think Superman is that much stronger than Surfer and Surfer has alot more powers at his disposal. I wouldnt say either one stomps the other and I dont think it would be PIS if either character won in a crossover but honestly the only way I see Supes winning this fight is if something big is at stake. If its just a normal run in Surfer should win it. But if Lois was going to die or something or he has to protect ppl Superman will win.
#37 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio


  Pretty obvious who wins this. 


#38 Posted by MasterKungFu (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Supes