Superman vs. Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mighty Magneto

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The WeatherMan

I always can't decide who would win in a no holds barred brawl. No, you can't say "Silver Surfer will lose cause he will probably scatter his mind" or "lose concentration". Silver Surfer is in his top-most shape for this fight, and so is the present day Superman (not the 52 one, the post-crisis one).

Who wins?

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The WeatherMan

Nice pics.

I think that Power Cosmic will overpower the kryptonian. Power Cosmic is too powerful for Superman to handle, it gives Surfer too much different powers.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

If the fight is on earth, Surfer alters the atmospheric particles to refract only the red part of the spectrum. Supes loses his powers and Surfer beats the crap out of him.

If teh fight is in space, Surfer knocks the wind out of Supes. Supes can't breathe in a vacuum.

GetItOffMe!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GetItOffMe!!!

Silver Surfer would scan superman drain the solar radiation from his body then soccer kick him to the next galaxy.  Oh wait, I forgot , superman can throw cars.  Surfer gets obliterated.

Scarecrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scarecrow4

Superman would deal with Silver Surfer in less than in issue

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iLLituracy
@GetItOffMe!!! said:
" Silver Surfer would scan superman drain the solar radiation from his body then soccer kick him to the next galaxy.  Oh wait, I forgot , superman can throw cars.  Surfer gets obliterated. "
Ha! Indeed. The Surfer will not be able to endure a automobile to the face.

Sarcastic Team-Up ftw.
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By #1ElderScrollsFan

Gotta go with Supes in close one

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By claws

a lot of surfer threads and silver surfer ftw....

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wisppeons

why do people say that " alot of XX threads"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Superman.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom
@Wisppeons said:
" why do people say that " alot of XX threads" "
Because there are a lot of surfer threads lately. This has to do with trolls not accepting that the Surfer might lose to Zoom, so they go on and bump and make a shed load of new Surfer threads to reinforce his superiority. It's a complex.
Avatar image for jesterlichloath
jesterlichloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jesterlichloath

SS imo

kuzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kuzman

the surfer.

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Triumphant
@kuzman said:
"the surfer."

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TruePwnge

This one is over!

SS wins

Using Cosmic Awareness, immediately senses Gladiator’s weakness

Zenma said:

Now that's just awesome.

Causes Jack of Hearts to experience extreme levels of pain

Invunerable

Transmutes part of a mountain side into vapor

Shrinks himself so he can enter a micro verse

Shields, Blocks shots from Warrior Madness Thor backed with the friggin Power Gem.
Surfer blocks himself and Gamora from the blasts of Thor's Hammer

Owns Orion (power is great but no match for the Silver Surfer)

Easily withstands blast from Korvac that could destroy a planet

Displays of Power and Agility vs Cyborg Superman

Intangible, Can Phase Through walls

Defeats Namor - UNDER WATER !

Surfer can absorb or reflect a near infinite level of energy

FTL reflexes, Surfer uses his speed blitz ability to out speed the Ego entity and rescue a helpless destroyed fleet of aliens
using the energy of his board in an instant he physically transports them light years away from Ego

Surfer Speed, Reed says he travels light years in a matter of seconds

No Caption Provided

time traveling

Another speed feat: Calculating and absorbing 1000 years worth of information in just mili seconds

Shields, SS protects an entire city with cosmic force fields

Orion pwage
Darkseid takes note of Surfer's origin

Silver Surfer's speed:

Speed from the Skrull Galaxy, quadrillions of billions of miles away
No Caption Provided

Speed traveling from Andromeda, another Galaxy way to Earth in a matter of hours

No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer defeats Valkyrie

"

What Surfer's cosmic awareness would look like

"
vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By vegeta

thats funny ass hell

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom

Seriously, is there some way to ban this guy from posting pictures?

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WindCloud

Even tho' supes is stronger, S.S. would win because of his Power Cosmic.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By geraldthesloth
@AtPhantom said:
" Seriously, is there some way to ban this guy from posting pictures? "
i wish
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By claws

a lot of surfer threads .....almost as much as the goku threads anyway i'll go with surfer

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TelekineticSun

Is silver surfer able to create run sun energy? wouldnt that give him an advantage in this fight, if he shot red sun energy at superman?

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lonefang6x6

Silver Surfer

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lonefang6x6

Silver Surfer

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeSAW
@Vance Astro said:
"Superman. "
Dont mind Vance Astro he has terets syndrome and has to blurt out random dumb @#it

This aint even a battle

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom
@SeSAW said:
"
@Vance Astro said:
"Superman. "
Dont mind Vance Astro he has terets syndrome and has to blurt out random dumb @#itThis aint even a battle "
It's spelled Tourette.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xan84

Well from what i know SS is a pacifist, i don't think he will use kryptonite becouse that will kill Sups :P We need to use there personalities to ...
But i agree SS wins this .

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatDance
Surfer owns this
King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By King_Thor

DC has Superman... 

Marvel has Ultraman...and his name is the Silver Surfer.  The Surfer stomps Superman into next week.  Why? 

Glad you asked. 

1)  Superman seems to be the poster boy for superhuman strength in the superhero community.  I couldn't disagree more.  I can think of several that are in his league or beyond that are superheroes.  Before his recent power up, the Surfer had the ability to amp his strength to indeterminate levels...much like the Hulk's rage enhanced strength.  All he has to do is will himself to higher levels.  Since his power up, the Surfer destroyed Beta Ray Bill (the equal of mighty Thor in strength and battle prowess...Thor #338) in a straight up hand to hand fight.  Why is that such a big deal?  Thor and the Surfer have fought twice...most fans of both give those victories to Thor (although I have my reservations about that...).  While beating the snot out of Beta Ray Bill, the Surfer was even apologizing...while he was beating him (Beta Ray Bill, Godhunter #2).  And he did not amp up to do it.  In my humble opinion, at their current levels of strength, Silver Surfer owns Supes. 
2)  When comparing their levels of invulnerability, I see these two at about the same levels.  Supes and Surfer both can bathe in the heat of the hottest stars...a power up for Supes and a walk in the park for the Surfer. 
3)  When it comes to moving superhumanly fast, I give the edge to Superman.  When talking purely flying...Surfer runs circles around Superman. 
4)  Superman has heat vision, x-ray vision, telescopic and microscopic vision, all things that the Surfer can do and much better...except for heat vision.  However, the Surfer can easily blow up planets without trying with concussive bursts of the power cosmic. 
5)  The Surfer has some telepathic ability, although nothing like Martian Manhunter who is like Xavier in terms of telepathic ability.  The Surfer can rearrange matter on a molecular level and alter his size and the size of matter itself. 
6)  Surfer can also transmute elements...say from lead to kryptonite...He can detect and analyze energy in all it's many different forms even when light years away from the source.  Therefore, he would know Superman has a weakness to red sun radiation. 
7)  The Surfer is a cosmic battery...not only does he use the power cosmic as his source of energy...he can utilize just about any source of energy to power himself...even Oan energy (Green Lantern/Silver Surfer crossover...).  

Not many superheroes can top the Supester in power...but the Silver Surfer is one of them. 

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By why so serious

Silver Surfur is stronger........i think.
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ziro

Oh stop bumping these. This matchup is more tired than Thanos vs Darkseid.
gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gobstakid777

SS disintegrates Supes

marvelman20202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By marvelman20202

supes beats him strength wise but  the surfer cannot be beat by brute strength so that leaves supermans flight and super speed which does not even compare to the surfers of course supes still has his x-ray heat emitting infra red telescopic and microscopic vision his super breath and his super hearing and the only thing that could possibly hurt someone in that list of powers would be heat vision and super breath and considering the surfer is completely immune to the elements then neither of those can do any harm to him whatsoever so silver surfer would win

GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GOUKI

the surfer.....
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By supermandefender

Depends on the superman if he can breathe in space. The silver age never needed too but the current has been made weaker to stop all the cry babies about bad stories. Honestly, I think they should bring his power back just work harder on the stories. Im sure Superman is gonna sell no matter what his powerlevels are. Anyway, Current Superman can fight in space and has been knocked out in space and has not died from lack of oxygen. So that wont happen. Two Superman is stronger than Silver Surfer........This is fact. Superman and Silver Surfer fly at same speeds unless Surfer uses hyperspace but he cant fight in hyperspace. I think Superman will win because he is stronger and Silver Surfer will underestimate his strength level. If Silver Surfer knowns what he is getting into then he has a better chance of uses his other powers to exploit some of Supermans weaknesses  but  Superman has delt with Enegry drainers and red sun radiation attacks so this will not be new too him. Superman will most likely take Surfer out before Surfer does any real harm to him.  
   Now if they were fighting somewhere where they was no yellow sun Silver Surfer draining problly pull it off but on or near earth no way.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xan84
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By OhTru
@TelekineticSun said:
"

Is silver surfer able to create run sun energy? wouldnt that give him an advantage in this fight, if he shot red sun energy at superman?

"
Surfer blitzes Superman
kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By kagetaicho

Surfer annihilates Superman. both are strong fast and durable but Surfer has literally dozens of energy powers actually more since cosmic power basically is all energy. Surfer can gain power from virtually any energy source but Superman can only get his from solar energy.

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By supermandefender
@Xan:
Uhh....how soo? Why are you taking my comment personally? Im sharing my oppinons and just because I believe Superman to be stronger than Surfer.... im all of a sudden giving Superman fans a bad name? Dude your full of it? I didnt come in here bad mouthing anybody and id appeciate u not doing it to me. If you want to debate why you think he beats him im happy to debate. 1 ( Surfer has no clear advantage over Superman.....what enegry draining?.....red sun radiation? Big whoop.) 2. Surfers strength levels are lower than Thors and Hulks this is known fact. 3 Surfer is equal speeds with Supes dont tell me his blizts Superman thats not happening. ( Surfer is faster only when hes in hyperspace) 4.kagetaicho ur right about Surfers enegry source but he is to physically charge up which takes time...... right off the bat his levels are not at Supermans strength levels. 5. Superman has fighting experience....he will out witt Silver Surfer and KO him. 
 This fight can go either way and I see no reason why it couldnt? I go with Superman because a master with no weapons can still beat a student with a sword.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Surge2477

Surfer is going to win this battle. Not only is he immensely powerful, he also is extremely intelligent. he wouldn't kill superman, but he would depower him to make him a non threat.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By supermandefender

Agreed, Surfer is extremely powerful. However, he has lost to Thor in pretty much every battle. And it will take him time to depower Superman. Not just that, Superman is very clever I dont see Superman letting Surfer sap away all of his powers. I think both of them can take the other one down but Im going to go with Superman because his strength matches or maybe even Surpass Thors. Id say Superman has enough Strength in him and fast enough reaction time to get one really good hit in and KO the Silver Surfer. Surfer is tough but if Thor can get KO'd by Supes Surfer can too.  
 But Im not saying Supermans could beat Surfer and Thor all the time no no no. It all depends on when and where and why.
vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By vegeta

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OhTru

@GetItOffMe!!!

said:

" Silver Surfer would scan superman drain the solar radiation from his body then soccer kick him to the next galaxy.  Oh wait, I forgot , superman can throw cars.  Surfer gets obliterated. "

don't forget the comics McDuffie wrote 

@supermandefender

said:

" Agreed, Surfer is extremely powerful. However, he has lost to Thor in pretty much every battle.  "

No he didn't Surfer has actually beat Thor twice, both involve a small level of PIS. Once Surfer did it when Loki turned Surfer into a mad attack dog. The second is a kind of elseworlds story which confirms Thor and Surfer have always fought a pretty close fight, Thor cracks a hole in Surfer's chest after an epic fight but Thor and most of the world are vaporized as the power of a supernova bursts out of Silver Surfer's chest.
Thor has scored wins over Classic Surfer because Classic Surfer holds back and had poor hand to hand skills, the Hammer is also a weird plot device and backed by powerful Odin Magics....Surfer can manipulate all forms of physical energy but he can't do much about Asgard magic.  Thor has scored wins over Surfer in continuity, but they were not easy wins and the point is Classic weak Surfer and Classic Thor was a damn close fight no matter what way you looked at it
and Thor unlike Superman is a full all around brick and the Thunder God has no Achilles heels to exploit, there's no off-switch Surfer can use like the vulnerabilities Gladiator and Superman have. Thor is a God and he has no weakness at all.

Current Sufer since his power up has absolutely curb stomped Beta Ray Bill, this BRB dude was often proved to be Thor's equal. Surfer destroyed him, blitzed him and his spaceship but Surfer was actually holding back 

Unless current Thor has some of that Odin Force left over then I don't see him beating Surfer

@Satyrquaze

said:
"

If the fight is on earth, Surfer alters the atmospheric particles to refract only the red part of the spectrum. Supes loses his powers and Surfer beats the crap out of him.

"
  Poor Superman 

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hdorman1
@King_Thor said:
" DC has Superman... 

Marvel has Ultraman...and his name is the Silver Surfer.  The Surfer stomps Superman into next week.  Why? 

Glad you asked. 

1)  Superman seems to be the poster boy for superhuman strength in the superhero community.  I couldn't disagree more.  I can think of several that are in his league or beyond that are superheroes.  Before his recent power up, the Surfer had the ability to amp his strength to indeterminate levels...much like the Hulk's rage enhanced strength.  All he has to do is will himself to higher levels.  Since his power up, the Surfer destroyed Beta Ray Bill (the equal of mighty Thor in strength and battle prowess...Thor #338) in a straight up hand to hand fight.  Why is that such a big deal?  Thor and the Surfer have fought twice...most fans of both give those victories to Thor (although I have my reservations about that...).  While beating the snot out of Beta Ray Bill, the Surfer was even apologizing...while he was beating him (Beta Ray Bill, Godhunter #2).  And he did not amp up to do it.  In my humble opinion, at their current levels of strength, Silver Surfer owns Supes. 2)  When comparing their levels of invulnerability, I see these two at about the same levels.  Supes and Surfer both can bathe in the heat of the hottest stars...a power up for Supes and a walk in the park for the Surfer. 3)  When it comes to moving superhumanly fast, I give the edge to Superman.  When talking purely flying...Surfer runs circles around Superman. 4)  Superman has heat vision, x-ray vision, telescopic and microscopic vision, all things that the Surfer can do and much better...except for heat vision.  However, the Surfer can easily blow up planets without trying with concussive bursts of the power cosmic. 5)  The Surfer has some telepathic ability, although nothing like Martian Manhunter who is like Xavier in terms of telepathic ability.  The Surfer can rearrange matter on a molecular level and alter his size and the size of matter itself. 6)  Surfer can also transmute elements...say from lead to kryptonite...He can detect and analyze energy in all it's many different forms even when light years away from the source.  Therefore, he would know Superman has a weakness to red sun radiation. 7)  The Surfer is a cosmic battery...not only does he use the power cosmic as his source of energy...he can utilize just about any source of energy to power himself...even Oan energy (Green Lantern/Silver Surfer crossover...).   Not many superheroes can top the Supester in power...but the Silver Surfer is one of them.  "

surfer owns him for many of the fine reasons listed above
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BIackFlash
@Surge2477 said:
" Surfer is going to win this battle. Not only is he immensely powerful, he also is extremely intelligent. he wouldn't kill superman, but he would depower him to make him a non threat. "
Superman ain't winning this one
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OhTru
@hdorman1 said:
" @King_Thor said:
" DC has Superman... 

Glad you asked. 

1)  Superman seems to be the poster boy for superhuman strength in the superhero community.  I couldn't disagree more.  I can think of several that are in his league or beyond that are superheroes.  Before his recent power up, the Surfer had the ability to amp his strength to indeterminate levels...much like the Hulk's rage enhanced strength.  All he has to do is will himself to higher levels.  Since his power up, the Surfer destroyed Beta Ray Bill (the equal of mighty Thor in strength and battle prowess...Thor #338) in a straight up hand to hand fight.  Why is that such a big deal?  Thor and the Surfer have fought twice...most fans of both give those victories to Thor (although I have my reservations about that...).  While beating the snot out of Beta Ray Bill, the Surfer was even apologizing...while he was beating him (Beta Ray Bill, Godhunter #2).  And he did not amp up to do it.  In my humble opinion, at their current levels of strength, Silver Surfer owns Supes. 2)  When comparing their levels of invulnerability, I see these two at about the same levels.  Supes and Surfer both can bathe in the heat of the hottest stars...a power up for Supes and a walk in the park for the Surfer. 3)  When it comes to moving superhumanly fast, I give the edge to Superman.  When talking purely flying...Surfer runs circles around Superman. 4)  Superman has heat vision, x-ray vision, telescopic and microscopic vision, all things that the Surfer can do and much better...except for heat vision.  However, the Surfer can easily blow up planets without trying with concussive bursts of the power cosmic. 5)  The Surfer has some telepathic ability, although nothing like Martian Manhunter who is like Xavier in terms of telepathic ability.  The Surfer can rearrange matter on a molecular level and alter his size and the size of matter itself. 6)  Surfer can also transmute elements...say from lead to kryptonite...He can detect and analyze energy in all it's many different forms even when light years away from the source.  Therefore, he would know Superman has a weakness to red sun radiation. 7)  The Surfer is a cosmic battery...not only does he use the power cosmic as his source of energy...he can utilize just about any source of energy to power himself...even Oan energy (Green Lantern/Silver Surfer crossover...).   Not many superheroes can top the Supester in power...but the Silver Surfer is one of them.  "
 surfer owns him for many of the fine reasons listed above "
 the fool in a cape dies

Superman fanboys are the worst fanboys of all time
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hdorman1
@OhTru said:
" @hdorman1 said:
" @King_Thor said:
" DC has Superman... 

Glad you asked. 

surfer owns him for many of the fine reasons listed above "
 the fool in a cape dies Superman fanboys are the worst fanboys of all time "

i wouldnt say that now
storm fans are worse
at least supes has some feats
albeit most feats people use to say he wins fights are from the silver age
but  whoever says supes wins is delusional beyond help
King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King_Thor
@supermandefender said:
"Depends on the superman if he can breathe in space. The silver age never needed too but the current has been made weaker to stop all the cry babies about bad stories. Honestly, I think they should bring his power back just work harder on the stories. Im sure Superman is gonna sell no matter what his powerlevels are. Anyway, Current Superman can fight in space and has been knocked out in space and has not died from lack of oxygen. So that wont happen. Two Superman is stronger than Silver Surfer........This is fact. Superman and Silver Surfer fly at same speeds unless Surfer uses hyperspace but he cant fight in hyperspace. I think Superman will win because he is stronger and Silver Surfer will underestimate his strength level. If Silver Surfer knowns what he is getting into then he has a better chance of uses his other powers to exploit some of Supermans weaknesses  but  Superman has delt with Enegry drainers and red sun radiation attacks so this will not be new too him. Superman will most likely take Surfer out before Surfer does any real harm to him.     Now if they were fighting somewhere where they was no yellow sun Silver Surfer draining problly pull it off but on or near earth no way. " 

"Superman is stronger than Silver Surfer...This is fact."   

May I ask what you are basing this on?  How does Superman exceed someone who can amp their strength level to incalculable levels...same as Hulk?  DC has the JLA/Avengers crossover as canon (Marvel does not...gee, I wonder why...).  Depending on which universe the heroes fought in either weakened or strengthened them.  If Superman was in the Marvel universe, he was stronger.  If Thor was in metropolis, Thor was stronger.  My point?  Thor and Supes are about the same in raw, brute strength.  Beta Ray Bill (who beat Thor in Thor #338) had the tar beat out of the Surfer...and the Surfer was not trying.  How much more lopsided would that fight have been had the Surfer willed his strength to higher levels?  I don't see Superman as strong as Silver Surfer.  While Supes is dependent on yellow sun light to amp his strength, the Surfer can do it anywhere, anytime and more quickly.  I just don't see Supes as stronger than the Surfer.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MKF30
@supermandefender said:

"Agreed, Surfer is extremely powerful. However, he has lost to Thor in pretty much every battle. And it will take him time to depower Superman. Not just that, Superman is very clever I dont see Superman letting Surfer sap away all of his powers. I think both of them can take the other one down but Im going to go with Superman because his strength matches or maybe even Surpass Thors. Id say Superman has enough Strength in him and fast enough reaction time to get one really good hit in and KO the Silver Surfer. Surfer is tough but if Thor can get KO'd by Supes Surfer can too.   But Im not saying Supermans could beat Surfer and Thor all the time no no no. It all depends on when and where and why. "

Agreed. Besides if it's SA Superman, Surfer gets wacked...but I take it we're talking current versions I guess right? Also, didn't Supes beat Thor in the comics? And Thor said next time I'll be ready etc?
King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By King_Thor
@supermandefender:
The Surfer and Thor have fought twice.  The first time, Surfer's power was augmented by Loki's magic.  However, neither combatant really cut loose, each surmising something was amiss, that each was noble and not evil.  The second time they fought, Thor had the power gem (not warriors madness as some claim...) and defeated the Surfer soundly. 

But you are probably well aware, Sufer's powers have been significantly augmented since his power up by Galactus in Annihilation.  Ravenous, one of his opponents in the series, who, before the Surfer's power up was his equal, was moved to exclaim after personally witnessing Norrin Radd's power increase, "What are you?"  And of course, in BRB Godhunter mini, BRB (who beat Thor in Thor #338) was beaten like a red headed step child.  I don't see Supes as above Surfer in strength.  Especially since he can still amp past even his current levels.  Although Stan Lee always favored the thunder god as Marvel's most powerful (although, since the Quesada regime, that is seriously in question...) he never stated that Thor had incalculable strength like the Surfer (or like the Hulk).   

I just can't see Supes beating the Surfer at his current level of power.